Cloth Diapering

Randomonium LIVES!!

Re: Randomonium LIVES!!

• Random question for the random thread:  For those who have white sinks in the kitchen...what do you use to clean them?  Mine is obviously losing its finish in the bottom and it started getting gray stains in the bottom as soon as we started using it.  It was white when we moved in, but the previous owners left a stash of all bleach based cleaning products.  I'm not a huge fan of using those on a regular basis.  Anything I can do to whiten it naturally?
  • Loading the player...
  • Random question for the random thread:  For those who have white sinks in the kitchen...what do you use to clean them?  Mine is obviously losing its finish in the bottom and it started getting gray stains in the bottom as soon as we started using it.  It was white when we moved in, but the previous owners left a stash of all bleach based cleaning products.  I'm not a huge fan of using those on a regular basis.  Anything I can do to whiten it naturally?

It's not natural, but I use a magic eraser.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

countrycotton
  • My wife doesn't know what a smock is. In reference to children's activities. Is this not a common term? She thinks I'm nuts. I obviously disagree.

If it's a cover for messy art activities, yes.
    [Deleted User]TJ1979Into+the+Kitty
  • Do you have a dishwasher? I found out by accident that the liquid phosphate free stuff will actually clean it super quick. Not sure what brand I use, I would check but DH is cooking supper and if I go in there I may get put to work!
  • But aren't Bon Ami and Barkeeper's friend basically powdered bleach?  Or is that just Comet?
  • But aren't Bon Ami and Barkeeper's friend basically powdered bleach?  Or is that just Comet?
    "Bon Ami still uses the trademark feldspar and limestone as gentle, effective abrasives, but now combines them with even more sustainable cleaning agents from renewable corn and coconut oils. Plus we’ve added a touch of baking soda to help absorb odors."
    Thanks, MK.  I'll have to pick some up.
    [Deleted User]
  • ITK and awful - did you get your dipes? What was your free gift?
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Is it bad that I purposely let M stay up until 9:30 before bathtime and didn't get into bed and asleep until 10:30? Grandma and grandpa are here and he was having so much fun. also, his nap ended at 6:15pm so he had extra energy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TJ1979
  • TJ1979 said:
    ITK and awful - did you get your dipes? What was your free gift?

tomorrow.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • @TJ1979‌ Did you get yours?
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Yep
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • And?? Lol what was your gift?
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • I don't want to tell you till you get yours. We might want to trade.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
    Into+the+Kitty
  • Haha skank. Mail comes here between 12-2 PM usually. But then I have to put on pants to go get it. Ugh, life is so difficult for me.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    TJ1979ElleBeeDubMandmeesh[Deleted User]
  • ... WAS IT A JULES?? GIVE IT TO ME!
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    [Deleted User]ElleBeeDubMandmeesh
  • It's not a Jules. :(
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • ... WAS IT A JULES?? GIVE IT TO ME!
    Maybe she would... if you hadn't just called her a skank.
    TJ1979unaveragejaneMandmeesh[Deleted User]
  • TugboatSheilaTugboatSheila member
    edited October 2014
    Firstly, I haven't read this whole thread or anywhere near it but I thought this was as good a place as any to explain what I am about to explain

I know I'm not, like, super BFF on this board or anything but I've been here posting long enough that I want to give you a heads up because I love this board and all you ladies on it.

I'm a July 14-er and we got long con catfished. Our most regular poster on the board wound up being a younger, childless woman who stole photos of a European woman's pregnancy AND SOMEONE'S BABY PHOTOS and has been spending the past year (from conception, to the birth of our babies until now) pretending to be someone she was not and being a major part of everyone's lives. She had to have spent hours coming up with back stories, inventing her birth story, searching for pictures for HDBD...

I am wracking my brain trying to figure out if I said anything personal on the board but since I was very active the whole year there are too many posts to go through and read to make sure. I've posted pictures (not too many but a few) of my son. 

A vast majority of her threads were GTKY threads, the answers to which are common uses for passwords. For example, what's your pet's name? Where have you lived? etc etc. They seemed innocent at the time.

Basically, it's highly unlikely that she decided that I would be her next catfishing target, less likely that she would steal pictures of my son and even less likely that she would follow my posts to this board where I have also shared pictures. Even though that's all very rational, on the .000000000000001 percent chance that anything I've said about my baby on the Bump is used nefariously.,,, well I'm not taking that chance.

I emailed the CD and my BMB board mods and asked to have my son's pictures removed and NanaBanana was lovely enough to do so.  But I've been awake since 3am and my brain won't shut off thinking about this. That's why I've decided to deactivate my account and re-sign up with a new screen name. I'll intro and make it obvious that it's me but essentially I feel like my old screen name has been tainted because  I'm sure I've innocently said something to my BMB that might have been personal. I'd prefer to erase all of me that can be erased and start anew. I'm not paranoid enough that I feel like I can't tell you guys this but worried enough that I want to do it. 

Our board did some major investigation, was able to find out who the catfish was, contact her and find out that she has been doing this to people on the internet since she was 13. whaaa?

This has been an eye opener for me. TB is the first forum I've ever been a part of and I was fairly naive about other people's intentions. 

Also, the only thing I knew about catfish was that they were found in water. I had no idea this was a thing.

I'm sorry to be dramatic but I figured I could let you guys know so that when I started back up again you guys weren't all "who the fffff is this?"

• Well, crap. I'm a July '14er, too. I'm glad I dont comment much over there! Thanks for the heads up, @browneyedtornado‌!

TugboatSheila
  • I guess a lot of people thought she wasn't real for a long time (doctored looking HDBD pics, stories not totally adding up etc). As far as I know the only fake profile was hers on the board and no fake FB profile was found. They did reverse image searches to find the person whose photos she stole and somehow (I'm still not totally clear how) they found out from that person's followers on FB which one was the faker and confronted her. She fessed up to it too. 

When she was confronted on the board she basically bailed and we think took several AEs with her. And honestly, nobody thinks she's really gone. We've had like 6 people intro for the very first time in the past week. 

And I'm totally  new to all that so I would totally be the person in a GTKY thread that would be really dumb and say "yeah my pet's name is Sprout and I always use it as a password!!" (JK, I'm not THAT naive). I'm fairly certain she's either a sociopath or a very lonely person. Either way if she has any hacking skills she has a lot of information at her fingertipes as well as fodder from everyone else's stories to create a new persona on the next site. 

• I don't look so crazy now in my tinfoil hat, now do I.
    Nope, I might make a matching one ;)

• Mapleme said:
    In truth, you don't have to go to the catfishing level to get tons of personal info from TB. Everything we post here is 100% public. That's why I always found it funny when people would get all panicky about joining FB groups (where you have some modicum of privacy control). ITK, you're the one person who I feel like is very consistent in your privacy habits. We all use letters for our kid names, but name them fully in the birth announcement (which is fully searchable in our history). I decided a while ago that I don't have enough energy to worry about the little privacy issues (like who I am - I'm just too easy to track down), and the things that really are private to me (the things that could hurt me) I just don't share at all. I keep my shared info to what someone in a weekly, local moms group could find out about me. Although I've occasionally said customer complaint stuff that I've later regretted.
    FWIW, I refer to my kids by letter instead of by name because I am lazy, not for privacy. I call them T and C when texting DH too. 
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

sasq09[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • ITK invented name berry.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
    MandmeeshElleBeeDubInto+the+KittyJEPES1348
  • I just fell asleep in the car.

It was parked and had a sleeping toddler in the back seat. I woke up in a panic as to what was going on.

Apparently I'm THAT tired.

M fell asleep in the car yesterday too. I sat in the car for over an hour letting him sleep. I wanted so badly to doze off but couldn't :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have definitely gotten lunch and sat in my car using my cell phone as a hotspot so I can work while G sleeps in his car seat.
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

MandmeeshTJ1979[Deleted User]
  • Recipes as perfected please! I attempted a shortcut maple pumpkin latte today but it wasn't great.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
    ElleBeeDubMandmeesh
  • I just added a tbsp of pumpkin, a tbsp of maple syrup, and a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Then coconut milk and an immersion blender. It was good, but not great.
    Coconut mocha must be a popular flavor bc all the k cup flavor packs have several of that.
    Cinnamon is my very fave.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
    Mandmeesh
  • I like hazelnut in my coffee :)
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

TJ1979
  • White chocolate raspberry, turtle, chocolate/white chocolate/caramel, mint mocha (regular or white chocolate), eggnog. I used to work in a coffee shop. I probably have more, but they escape me right now.
  • Coconut raspberry almond might be good. Like your cookies.
    TJ1979[Deleted User]
  • Which penzeys cinnamon is it? I have 2, both are great!
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • TJ1979 said:
    SMIL was just here. She's real sorry that P is so far behind developmentally, being as how she is JUST NOW sitting up. Probably due to the CDs. Her kids sat up at 3m. Sure they did.

LOL. A friend of J's family asked me when A was three months old if she was walking yet, and. I laughed because I thought he was joking. He wasn't. His kids all walked at her same age, apparently. 8-|
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    TJ1979ElleBeeDub[Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"