March 2015 Moms
Options

Has anybody seen my Swingline stapler?

Re: Has anybody seen my Swingline stapler?

• Options
    MissyCee said:
    Ok, here's my randoms:

H called out of work this morning so we could have sex. Twice. Awesome-sauce!

I just want to eat everything.

I'm both excited and nervous about the premiere of American Horror Story tonight. I am afraid of clowns and I bet one will make an appearance at some point...no likey.
    From the trailer I saw there is definitely a clown...and he's super creepy!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    starsailorr26starsailorr26 member
    edited October 2014
    @finallyyourturn2 Good luck! Sending vibes for a smooth surgery and recovery.

@kellbell1982 Sorry to hear that. Vibes for your step mom's surgery.

@beatlesgal I feel the same way to an extent. I am thrilled to be pregnant again, but part of me still wonders if we will bring this baby home. I've thought about it a lot, and it's mainly PGAL thing. I keep reminding myself of that.

Why is our board such a magnet for drama llama's from other boards? I mean the trolls are bad enough, but then there are regs from other boards who feel the need to jump in too. Blah, I'm cranky today.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

@Beatlesgal4 - I have been feeling the same. We had our anatomy scan today and that is the first thing that made me feel a strong connection. When the tech went through and pointed out all the organs, limbs, spinal cord (that is actually the thing that made me go "wow!") I just felt something. I think it comes with time for each person though. The spinal cord?? Who'd have thought that'd make me melt!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    ruemorgan said:
    Im craving Subway chocolate chip cookies to the extent I might cry if I dont get them now. But I feel so stupid going to Subway for ONLY cookies! *throws chair and storms out*
    I've totally gone to Subway and just gotten cookies before. I have no shame.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @ruemorgan get on with your bad self. Those cookies are like baked, circular pieces of heaven. No shame!

• Options

Seriously why the shit storm abrewing in HDBD! Please don't ruin my HDBD damnit!!!

Wtf! Why on hdbd!
    Any other time bare bellies came up we all vetoed them, now all of a sudden we are wrong because noobs and op and another boards members say so. Ugh it's becoming a dead horse of a subject really.
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • Options
    @beatlesgal4‌ I did not really feel any bond or attachment to my son until after he was born and was probably closer to a month old. I was happy to be pregnant with him, but felt very disconnected until after he was here. Even those first few days in the hospital I was upset that I didn't feel that overwhelming love for my new baby like I was supposed to. I found with each day that passed over the first few weeks we were home together our bond grew and I finally felt they way everyone told me I would.

For suzyq0525

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    SNIP

Why is our board such a magnet for drama llama's from other boards? I mean the trolls are bad enough, but then there are regs from other boards who feel the need to jump in too. Blah, I'm cranky today.
    Because the drama got out of hand and spread like a wildfire to all of the other boards and now everyone is coming to look and poke the Haggard Trolls.  

I think just acting like you didn't even see the posts from people here just to see if they can continue making a mockery of our board that they will get bored and go away.
    FWIW, I have been doing just that and so far had avoided most of it. I feel like I can't swing my pregnant belly around the boards without some drama popping up. Maybe if we all ignore them, they will all fuck off.

MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @MandJS‌ I would toss them, too. Most meds are fine a year over the expiration date, but chemical changes occur and can break down or change things in them. So, for example, aspirin actually becomes toxic after too long over expiration (if I remember my pharmacology class correctly). Probably best not to take the chance, although I doubt any harm would come to you if you did take them.

And I'm a little fed up by the HDBD board. I actually wanted to post my bump today and now I'm just not going to.
  • Options

I can't even finish going through all of this before I just have to yell: She is crazy! The troll is nuts! I'm sorry, I know giving an AW attention is what keeps them here, but it is driving me insane that she is participating here like she is a part of this community. If you missed my post in yesterday's random (it was late), if you dig into her post history, everything becomes VERY clear. I guess the best thing to do is ignore her, but it makes me uncomfortable that she is settling in here despite how unwanted she is. I know we cannot dictate where people post, but I had to get that off my chest. And now I'll try to ignore her. I just hope everyone remembers her true colors instead of forgetting and getting chummy because she is acting normal. 

Could you provide some links for those of us exclusively on mobile? After hdbd today I think it's obvious her intentions are less than kosher but considering the love tits she's getting maybe it'll help if we could see her inflammatory posts from the past.
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • Options
    suzyq0525suzyq0525 member
    edited October 2014
    I can't even finish going through all of this before I just have to yell: She is crazy! The troll is nuts! I'm sorry, I know giving an AW attention is what keeps them here, but it is driving me insane that she is participating here like she is a part of this community. If you missed my post in yesterday's random (it was late), if you dig into her post history, everything becomes VERY clear. I guess the best thing to do is ignore her, but it makes me uncomfortable that she is settling in here despite how unwanted she is. I know we cannot dictate where people post, but I had to get that off my chest. And now I'll try to ignore her. I just hope everyone remembers her true colors instead of forgetting and getting chummy because she is acting normal. 
    I agree with this 100%

Edit: I don't know why the picture isn't working. GAH!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    :( I wanted to post my bump but now that thread is tainted.
    Me too. I took my first picture today. Ain't no way in hell I'm posting it now.

• Options

Everyone was able to get on board with the skull theory thread and agree that everyone give the same answer. Why can't everyone agree to ignore the shit poster to get an obvious rise out of us?

M15 is the laughing stock of TB. I guess if that's how you guys want this board to be then you're doing it right. If you want it to stop, stop giving them what they want.

You're absolutely right. I'm irritated with myself for letting it get a rise out of me on hdbd. My daughters doc tells me if I ignore her bad behavior it'll go away so I'll apply the same logic here. Does it bother anyone else though that Vargas gal went complaining about us on another board? She's a member of our community and I really don't think that was cool and it's the reason we are being bombarded with o13 According to them
  • Options
    Just throwing this out there that:
    A: I sincerely hope that I am no longer considered a "noob" since I have been posting a good bit instead of just lurking in the past several weeks :)
    B. Everyone has opinions and we seem to be getting people like me, who weren't active in the beginning but are trying to be now, who don't know everything you guys voted on in the past (ie, I didn't know that it was faux pas to post a bare belly until this all occurred today--but if it is still the general consensus of the board then I will totally respect that regardless of my own opinion)
    C. I like to play with everyone so as long as someone isn't offensive, such as a few of those ladies from Oct., then I will play, chat and be happy. Hope that doesn't come across in the wrong way.
    Love ya, mean it!

PS: @kellbell1982‌ definitely have you and your family in my thoughts!!
  • Options

Just throwing this out there that:
    A: I sincerely hope that I am no longer considered a "noob" since I have been posting a good bit instead of just lurking in the past several weeks :)
    B. Everyone has opinions and we seem to be getting people like me, who weren't active in the beginning but are trying to be now, who don't know everything you guys voted on in the past (ie, I didn't know that it was faux pas to post a bare belly until this all occurred today--but if it is still the general consensus of the board then I will totally respect that regardless of my own opinion)
    C. I like to play with everyone so as long as someone isn't offensive, such as a few of those ladies from Oct., then I will play, chat and be happy. Hope that doesn't come across in the wrong way.
    Love ya, mean it!

PS: @kellbell1982‌ definitely have you and your family in my thoughts!!

The noob vs reg thing IMO if you post on a REGULAR you are a reg, if you drive by or join the community and then try to tell others how to post etc you are a noob. You obviously show respect for others and are willing to take others feelings into account so no I don't think you have to worry about whether you are a noob or not. I happen to think you contribute plenty to our community not that I'm the judge of anything, just stating my opinion. Thank you for the prayers;)
  • Options
    @etoille‌ guess that means I'm golden.
  • Options
    MauiBliss said:
    Darbie914 said:
    So I tried to post about my delicious chocolate chip muffin here but somehow it ended up in the HDBD thread.

Anywho, it's now in my belly and I'm slightly sad.  Am I the only one who gets a little bummed when the end of the meal/bag of chips/bowl of ice cream is in sight?  Like, my mouth says, "Let's keep this scrumptious food journey going!" but my brain says, "Hit the brakes, you don't have enough fuel for that kind of road trip."

::sigh::
    I thought the muffin thing was on purpose....
    I totally thought it was on purpose too. M15 does like their desserts...
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    MauiBliss said:

MandJS said:

rm2013 said:

@chaysefaith (and ETA @MandJS‌ ) - I'd like to quote BumpJackie's response on the Yes or No thread:

-In regards to posting on BMB's that aren't 'yours' - if a member is purposefully causing a stir, then yes, that is considered trolling.

That's pretty cut and dry.

All this is ridiculous and it would seem to me like it's time for some folks to get warned.

To the rest of you lovely haggard trolls- I agree just ignore them , I know it's hard for a lot of you but they'll go away if there's no fun to be had.

Yes, but it's the "purposeful" part that's difficult to prove. Remember, I'm an attorney by day. Purposeful is a tough standard to prove. I've paged @BumpJackie, and am hopeful that she will give a clear answer. I'm watching the thread, and will continue to page BJ every so often until she responds and gives input. 

Oh, Christ on a cracker, MandJS, this is not being fucking adjudicated in a court of fucking law. You're allowed to actually use your brain in here and use contextual, circumstantial clues. 

I'm a lawyer, too. There's no legal purposeful standard of proof on the fucking bump forums. Sorry you may have to ruffle some mod buddy feathers. 

--end quote--

+1. I thought BJs explanation would finally give us the leverage we need to get these other boards off our back but apparently it's all subject to legal interpretation now... Becoming way more complicated than necessary
  • Options
    djoliet said:
    I have my 16 week checkup this afternoon. I'm nervous about meeting with the diabetes Dr bexause my sugar levels have been all over the place. Crossing my fingers no insulin. The thought of giving myself insulin shots kinda freaks me out. Also, i was driving my son to school this morning and this random man was walking down the street holding a bat. With the eclipse still going on, it was a little bit creepy. There are definitely a few crazies in this neighborhood

I was diagnosed with GD early on, at about 11 weeks I believe.  I was put on insulin at about 14 weeks.  My sugar levels were only a problem first thing in the morning everything else is controlled by diet.  Honestly depending on the insulin your doctor uses, it really isn't as bad as it is made to seem.  I was the person that thought being put on insulin was a dealth sentence but after a week of watching was it did for my resting number (fasting first thing in the morning), I can't believe how much of a change it has made for me!  My insulin is a little pen with one of the smallest needles you could imagine!  
  • Options

@tunnel - FTM here and this happens to me.... not a lot but it does happen sometimes! Also, in the first tri and early second tri anytime I would sneeze/Cough I would start puking... Glad that is over!

• Options
    @Darbie914‌ , oh fuck, now I want a chocolate chip muffin. And I totally get you on the mouth/brain thing...maybe if I ate slower instead of like a Hoover it would help? I doubt it...
    For Suzy and our M15 Loss Moms
  • Options

I'm a FTM and peed myself yesterday when I sneezed...I had been holding it for a while though. Luckily I had just gotten home from work.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Two those of you who unexpectedly pee a little while sneezing - are you STMs or this something I have to look forward to as a FTM?

My a/s isn't for another 5 weeks.  I feel so behind :-(
    It hasn't happened to me yet and I'm a STM. But it did happen with my sister in law who was a first time mom. She still can't hold her pee sometimes and her dd is 3. Advice: kegels!!! Tighten up those muscles lol

FTM and it's been happening to me as early as 7w. If I forget, it's all bad. If I remember, I can prepare and it's all good. Only happens when I'm standing up.

• Options
    I feel like I must have missed a lot since being MIA for a few days....I guess I'll have to look at the bump thread. I was thinking of posting in there, too, but maybe I'll wait till next week if its really negative right now. I tend to stay out of the drama, but I do think the Mods do a great job on this board. That's just my 2 cents. 

I'm eating corn casserole for lunch. It's not as good as I was hoping it would be, simply because I don't think I should just be eating corn and calling it my lunch. I didn't sleep well because I just dreamt of that damn black widow out in my backyard and massive webs coming into my house. It was not very pleasant. 

I do have a question for you ladies. Do you feel your hormones are playing a role in how you act? I'm having a really hard time keeping it together. I'm angry ALL THE TIME, mostly directed at my DH and I feel horrible. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Kaylin Lanelle Born 9/2012
    Rylee Amelia due March 5, 2015

For SuzyQ

• Options
    I'm not caught up on everything here so forgive me.

@MandJS wants to step down.  I've double and triple checked with her and it's what she wants.  She appreciates all of the love and support from you guys but this board has become very time consuming and with her other responsibilities it's too much.

You guys are welcome to nominate another mod and vote or I can go it alone.
  • Options
    M15 ate my alone time during my daughter's nap. She'll be up shortly and I didn't eat lunch! Booooo!
  • Options
    If @MandJS‌ truly wants to step down, then I do think we should add another mod because it's not fair to @chaysefaith‌ to have to do it all herself. I nominate @FrecklesInside‌ since she was the runner up and not because I have a girl crush on her wink wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"