May 2014 Moms

random thoughts.

Re: random thoughts.

• -DS is sick; can't go to daycare; I get to stay home; work seems mad; baby is snuggly:)
    -I broke my phone (may have thrown it in a fit of rage at DH who's better now); had to buy a cheap replacement on ebay until our contract is up
    -DH got my SIM card stuck in his old phone that it doesn't fit in, so I had to pry it out with tweezers and may have scratched it; must figure out how to replace SIM card if I've f*ed it up royally
    -Tried to make grilled cheese; messed it up; threw it at the window in a fit of rage; left for McD's
    -I'm done with this week
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @Babybarlow2014‌ those skin tests are often not reliable and I'm really surprised they did one on such a young babe. I would lean more towards blood tests for accuracy and allergies at this age can definitely be outgrown so keep an eye on them as he ages. The beef allergy is so random!

We have lots of history with allergies in our family and I have dealt with a nutritionist and an allergist many times in the past few years. The scratch tests can turn false positives.

You guys sure have been through a lot lately, hope things settle down soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • comicsans said:
    ns1 said:
    -DS is sick; can't go to daycare; I get to stay home; work seems mad; baby is snuggly:)
    -I broke my phone (may have thrown it in a fit of rage at DH who's better now); had to buy a cheap replacement on ebay until our contract is up
    -DH got my SIM card stuck in his old phone that it doesn't fit in, so I had to pry it out with tweezers and may have scratched it; must figure out how to replace SIM card if I've f*ed it up royally
    -Tried to make grilled cheese; messed it up; threw it at the window in a fit of rage; left for McD's
    -I'm done with this week
    .... you threw your sandwich at the window? Well, I hope it learned its lesson!
    Maybe next time just try reasoning with it? I feel like the window is the victim in this.
    I don't know. The window probably had it coming, too. You know how windows are.
    Haha - it was the nearest surface; it was a victim of that stupid sandwich that stuck to the pan.  (Did I mention I have the temper of my mom's side of the family; I probably need to work on that.  Although in the end I had to clean it up so I guess I taught myself a lesson?)
  • -DS is sick; can't go to daycare; I get to stay home; work seems mad; baby is snuggly:)
    -I'm done with this week
    You need chocolate and wine.
    I actually had chocolate wine last night!  
  • edited December 2014
    DD (because smiley fail)
  • So DD is nursing right now and making water buffalo moans.

It's the step between dragon-wrestling thrashing around and peaceful sleepy baby nursing.
  • @Babybarlow2014‌ those skin tests are often not reliable and I'm really surprised they did one on such a young babe. I would lean more towards blood tests for accuracy and allergies at this age can definitely be outgrown so keep an eye on them as he ages. The beef allergy is so random!

We have lots of history with allergies in our family and I have dealt with a nutritionist and an allergist many times in the past few years. The scratch tests can turn false positives.

You guys sure have been through a lot lately, hope things settle down soon!

He had blood and skin tests.
    We've been referred to a dietician. I'm excited about that! People don't realized how much milk and soy is in stuff.
    The beef I'm not as worried about. It'll be easy to keep him away. I don't eat red meat.
    Unfortunately, my 4 year old has severe allergies (which I'm fixin' to bitch about on the vent thread) so were pretty familiar.

A dietician can be so awesome and I agree about the soy/milk thing. My husband is allergic to soy(mildly) and it is in sooooooooo many things. Anything processed is a gamble.

Good luck with the dietician and I'll go check out your vent ;)
  • When did my brother turn into such a dick.

My mom's brother and sister and her mom are coming from back east to say their goodbyes. My mom wants my brother and I to come with our families as this is probably the last time this will ever happen. We suggested we do it on Sunday instead of Christmas eve because my brother spends christmas eve with his inlaws.

My mom ran it past my brother's wife to see if it's okay. They said sure. Then, a day later they say they can only stay an hour as her cousin is having a birthday party.

So now my mom's feelings are hurt but she said I can't say anything. Part of it is jealousy.

ns1 said:

-DS is sick; can't go to daycare; I get to stay home; work seems mad; baby is snuggly:)
    -I'm done with this week

.... you threw your sandwich at the window? Well, I hope it learned its lesson!

How did I miss the sandwich throwing part?

Ps I'm sorry the grilled cheese didn't do what you wanted it to do. I hope McDonald's was delicious. Did you get their holiday pie? Yum.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• DD is air nursing in her sleep. Makes me laugh and melts me every time.
  • {dd is throwing a fit} I now understand why there are alcoholics. DD is driving me to drink.
    BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2014
    DD1 pooped. While I was looking for diapers in the diaper bag, I found a moldy orange stuck all the way at the bottom of it. I kinda forgot about DD's poop and went to wash the grossness out of the diaper bag. By the time I came back she was sitting on my mom's white couch, guess what happens next... Yep poop stain on the white couch, damn!
  • Cook251 said:

{dd is throwing a fit} I now understand why there are alcoholics. DD is driving me to drink.

DD was not throwing a fit but I was giving her some orange slices so I figured I may as well have a Blue Moon to use up one of the extras. It was 4:30....and I put the empty bottle outside so DH won't judge me when he gets home.
    DH brought me home a bottle of wine..... But then he preceded to drink a few beers and we have a dinner to go to... So basically he's teasing me with the wine i can't drink bc DH decides he can't be a sober driver.
    BabyName Ticker
  • DD1 pooped. While I was looking for diapers in the diaper bag, I found a moldy orange stuck all the way at the bottom of it. I kinda forgot about DD's poop and went to wash the grossness out of the diaper bag. By the time I came back she was sitting on my mom's white couch, guess what happens next... Yep poop stain on the white couch, damn!

Ugh, that sounds like such a mom moment.  And white couches...nope!
  • We are having a Christmas party tonight and it is my first night without DD. I have a feeling I'm not going to take it very well. DH is prepared with 4 bottles of wine for me. I don't think it would be as bad but some of our friends are bringing their babies. But I know I'm desperately in need of a break. And wine. Definitely in need of the wine. I keep telling myself she is just a couple of miles down the road at my MILs if all else fails I'll have her bring her home late tonight.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Cook251 said:

DD keeps wiggling herself to the top of her crib and squishing her head right up against the slats. Sometimes she'll wake herself up crying because when she moves her head is getting pressed against them. Is there anything safe I can get to cushion just the slats at the top of the crib or is a bumped head not that big of a deal?

I'm hoping a bumped head is not a big deal bc DD is doing it a lot. She's really mobile, and does it in the crib a lot. I don't want to use bumpers (I figure a few bumps are better than suffocation/strangulation). I'm sure bumpers are probably fine for this age, but I'm not comfortable with them. I'd also rather let her explore her environment, and I figure bumps and bruises are inevitable. This turned out more rambly than I meant.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• kendy20kendy20 member
    edited December 2014
    DD hasn't slept much today as far as her naps go, decided to just lay down with her and she calmly fell asleep with me. :x She's still sleeping almost 1.5 hours later. I'm going to miss these cuddles!

Bonus: I got an hour nap too ;)
  • Anyone else get the holiday blues?   I seem to struggle this time of year.  I am sad today and can't put my finger on why.  
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • QOTR said:

Anyone else get the holiday blues?   I seem to struggle this time of year.  I am sad today and can't put my finger on why.  

I get the holiday blues from time to time. We live 3,000 miles from family and never get to go home for the holidays, work always gets in the way. Sending some Holiday cheer your way!
  • I'm over freakin Christmas already and it's not even here yet! Spent way too much money, hate all the crazy ass people shopping, bah humbug! The only thing I'm excited about it DS and his first experience!
  • We're on an overnight flight tomorrow to London and I'm so not looking forward to it. We have a short flight at 9pm then the long one at midnight. I have no idea how DS is going to handle it since he usually goes to bed at 6. We've requested a bassinet on the plane but won't know until tomorrow if we get one
  • Omg. I love this lemon rice that my partner makes. So spicy and yummy. I love Indian food.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Haha so true...

• @cook251 let us see some of your handiwork when you get some pictures

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• DD started getting a cold today, which means she only wants to sleep with a noon in her mouth. This is going to be a very long night.
  • DS1 sniffs the air every time someone farts or poops their pants. It was super funny when he farted in my toddler rocking chair, got off and turned around, and started sniffing the spot where he farted. He laughed and said Stinky.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• r
    Cook251 said:

DH got me the nice Nikon camera I wanted!!!! He had me open it tonight so I can play around with it tomorrow. I'm sooo pumped!!

I got mine last year! I hope you become as skilled at using the 'auto' button as I have!!

;)
  • I feel a stomach ache coming on but I refuse to stop eating.  This holiday eating is getting ridiculous!  It's just sooo good!  Right now I am stuffing my face with homemade chex mix and wine.  Oh and before that was pierogies!  And before that was some peanut butter fudge....  
  • Going to take DD to the nursery at church today, first time in any kind of daycare. I think I'm more ready than DH is, hope it goes well! :-SS
  • Pretty sure I have mastitis again. Yippy. :-w
  • @mary97 I'm sorry.

I hope your dad's surgery comes quickly and the results are encouraging.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• @mary97‌ , I'm sorry. So scary. I hope the surgery is able to get it all.
  • @Lissiehoya - I feel your pain. - I was feeding DS, and after he was done nursing I was snapping my nursing tank back up, he was sitting in the crook of my crossed legs, and he reached for something at the nearby coffee table - he went face first into the coffee table and cracked his head on it.  He still has a bad bruise there and started crying.  It was totally my fault for thinking he could sit on my lap without me holding him.  Ugh - I felt horrible!  
  • bunannie said:

I've been cramping and feeling "periody" since Sunday. My period is due Saturday this weekend. 

I have mini freakouts every month because we only use withdrawal as protection (flashback to last cycle when we actually messed that up).. and even though the chance is quite small, there is always a chance that I could get pregnant. 

On the flip side, the last time we had sex was day 9 in my cycle, 2 days before my colposcopy, and I am pretty sure I ovulated on day 15.. 

So logically, I'm like.. this isn't possible. I've been ovulating way too late in my cycle, the sperm would have to chill for like 6 days and my cycle has been short. Also, I just had a colpo.. which can be somewhat traumatic and weird things can happen. I could also be cramping from constipation too. 

But.. I don't recall feeling this way last colpo. In fact, the only time I've ever felt like this was when I was pregnant. 

I told my husband Sunday about the pms feeling and have been continuing to tell him how I've been feeling. And this morning I did say that although I am normally pretty anxious since we don't use any "protection".. that I'm more paranoid because the cramping is still continuing. I asked him if he wanted to wait until period day to worry and he said yes and that he wasn't worried at all.

But I am still worried! I don't want to make it into a big thing since I freak out every month, and have since we've been together.. which has probably desensitized him.. buuuuuut.. yeah. This is just very out of the ordinary. Like.. not little twinges of pain, like full on period feel for days and no period. 

I wish I could just go to sleep until Saturday because it is going to take everything to not go buy a preg test.. and I don't want to do that without my husband's involvement because if it is positive.. that's kind of huge. 
    Not trying to be a jerk, but I just laughed out loud. I totally do the same thing, although I have the Mirena. I still freak out every month. I couldn't imagine not using anything! If it were me, I wouldn't be able to handle it and I'd take a test (although it could be early). DH and I planned DD and when I conceived I took a test but waited like 4 days to tell him because I wanted the "moment" lol. He didn't mind.. He had enough to process already.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bunannie‌ - go take a test! You are driving me crazy. Now I must know. We'll help you come up with a great way to tell your DH. Why is CVS so slow at filling prescriptions?! DD has an ear infection and needs amoxicillin stat! Seriously, 30 minutes and counting....

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ho11ydayho11yday member
    edited December 2014
    @Jcrewgirl85 is the end of the year. Seriously everyone and their mom needs their meds nao!! because their benefits change in the new year (deductibles etc). Only going to get worse on new years eve and the day after new years.

However I hope you get your lo's medications quickly.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"