May 2014 Moms

random thoughts.

Re: random thoughts.

• It's not fair to get back cramps without having a period for the last year and a half...just sayin'.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow. So this was in reference to me. Screw the cool kids FB. DV is not cool and for it to be condoned is disgusting.
  • If I could get a cliffnotes version, that'd be great. Preferably via PM.
  • becole42 said:

Also why do they keep coming back here randomly?

Either stay or go. Srsly.

This.
  • Katzalia said:

LO was sleep nursing and took exception to me stopping to burp her and switch sides. Then she opened her mouth and latched on to my cheek and sucked really hard like she thought she was nursing.

I thought it was hilarious and made DH look. I unlatched her and watched a look of horror creep across DH's face. Yup, my child just gave me a stellar hickey on my face. I don't even have the words.

Happened to me too!! On my chin. It was on my face for at least 5 days!! Babies be crazy!

Sorry I don't know how I attached that photo and now I'm on mobile and can't delete it! I was laying on my phone and the screen was unlocked. #talent
  • Katzalia said:

LO was sleep nursing and took exception to me stopping to burp her and switch sides. Then she opened her mouth and latched on to my cheek and sucked really hard like she thought she was nursing.

I thought it was hilarious and made DH look. I unlatched her and watched a look of horror creep across DH's face. Yup, my child just gave me a stellar hickey on my face. I don't even have the words.

Happened to me too!! On my chin. It was on my face for at least 5 days!! Babies be crazy!

Sorry I don't know how I attached that photo and now I'm on mobile and can't delete it! I was laying on my phone and the screen was unlocked. #talent
    At least five days? @yogasailmomma‌ , you're fueling my panic! I have a series of job interviews later this week. I've been searching Dr. Google for hickey remedies. Things I never dreamed I'd be doing....
  • Speaking of Facebook (but not this bmb's non-existent one): I refuse to do anything with the bump on Facebook because the last time with my other bmb, some people said on FB that they *hated* me.

Yeah. I haven't been in high school for 10+ years. Done with that shit.

(On that note, I realize that no one is liked by everyone and some things I'd said were controversial and argumentative, but blegh.)

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• @Katzalia‌ try using a green stick to help with the cover-up. It will balance out the redness.
  • becole42 said:

ho11yday said:

Speaking of Facebook (but not this bmb's non-existent one): I refuse to do anything with the bump on Facebook because the last time with my other bmb, some people said on FB that they *hated* me.

Yeah. I haven't been in high school for 10+ years. Done with that shit.

(On that note, I realize that no one is liked by everyone and some things I'd said were controversial and argumentative, but blegh.)

Wtf. I'm not even sure how a facebook group works but it's strange for people to get so worked up they would say something like that. But I guess there were people that used to be on this BMB that would say stuff like that to others on the bump...

Sorry @yayglitter‌ I have no idea what happened, I didn't see any of it. But looks like our ladies took care of it ( and you) quickly. As did parenting.
    I saw that- thank you all so much for acting so quickly. I am aware of what he posted and apologize to everyone who read his rant. He's not right in the head right now.
  • @ho11yday I have always thought your avitar was a dog dragging it's butt across the floor. I never put any thought into why on earth you would pick such a thing, but I just clicked on it and see now it's a unicorn. Whew.

I've been meaning to change it to kittens or something but nothing had struck my fancy. Besides when people change their avatar, it takes me sometime to adjust and recognize them, especially on mobile with no sigs.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• ho11ydayho11yday member
    edited January 2015

What? Who the hell could hate you?
    Assholes.

I personally think I'm awesome, so thank you for the affirmation. EDIT There was supposed to be a winky face there

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• ns1ns1 member
    LGA is the worst airport. Especially when traveling with a baby. And my flight is delayed 1.5 hrs.
    That sucks!!  I hope your flight leaves soon!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS has a nasty cold and chesty cough. I feel so bad for him
  • We're going to have to miss our first swimming lesson today because of DS cold :(. I was hoping he'd be feeling better by this afternoon
  • 1-2 inches of snow they say...daycare is open because schools are open. My commute this morning: 

Then I get a text: 

Per National Weather Service a winter storm warning is in effect until 1 p.m. Four to six inches of snow is now expected. Stay off treacherous roads while crews continue to plow. ETD/OEM

"Treacherous". Weatherman fail. Schools fail. Drivers of the DMV fail. 

That is all. Carry on. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We're supposed to get an inch of snow, right in time for my drive home.

I'm super-itchy today, probably because it's 15 degrees today and my dry skin doesn't like it. Yay winter ...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have a cold weather warning in affect, it's -4f with a -25f wind chill. It's f-ing cold but super sunny
  • Wait, is the chicken breastfeeding or is someone breastfeeding a chicken?

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Do birds have nipples?
  • edited January 2015
    I got 20min to decide if I'm taking the kids to music class this afternoon. It's 25F with windchill of 11F. 1 mile walk to get there. Also suppose to be 7F tomorrow morning when I have to take them to soccer, also 1mile walk. I feel like I should go today so I can skip tomorrow... But both kiddos are asleep right now. And the bed is so cozy....

ETA driving is not an option.
  • I just got my first clogged duct :-( props to you mamas that went through all this early on!
  • kendy20 said:

I just got my first clogged duct :-( props to you mamas that went through all this early on!

Sorry to hear that, @kendy20‌ . Heat, massage, and nurse/pump from that side first -- you so do not want mastitis! Hope you're able to clear it quickly.
  • Katzalia said:

kendy20 said:

I just got my first clogged duct :-( props to you mamas that went through all this early on!

Sorry to hear that, @kendy20‌ . Heat, massage, and nurse/pump from that side first -- you so do not want mastitis! Hope you're able to clear it quickly.
    I feel like I've tried everything an no luck yet :( but thanks! Hopefully within a few days it will go away!
  • My influenza vaccine did not work this year. Really, really hoping that my baby's does.
  • There is a guy on a local Facebook for sale site looking for positive pregnancy tests.  He's willing to pay $20 per test.  

Why the heck does a guy need positive tests?
  • I am worried to drive in the snow this year. I just got a new car and I would like to pay it off fully before I wreck it. :( I pray it does not ice over here this season because otherwise I may be missing a good amount of work. 

Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
  • @Lissiehoya‌ , no just an electric one. I tried expressing some, didn't seem to help. But it does feel better so maybe it did. Hopefully a few more feedings and it will go away? One can only hope ;-)
  • @Cook251‌ , I'm so sorry, lots of t&p your way and to whoever the family is. I couldn't even begin to imagine what the family is going through.
  • Cook251 said:

Last night one of the second graders at my school was killed in an accident at soccer practice (we don't know any specifics yet). I saw the email from my principal when I was up feeding DD and I barely slept after that. I can't stop crying. How does a parent even begin to deal with that?? It is so incredibly unfair. This will certainly be one of my worst days of work yet. :(

Holy crap, how does that even happen? I am so sorry. Can't imagine what the parents are going through.

On that note we're skipping soccer this morning because it's 1F and that doesn't even include the windchill. It's soccer for 2year olds, you'd think they would just cancel, but no.
  • Not even 10am here, kids have been awake 1 hour. Decided not to go outside today because it's so cold. All hell is breaking loose already. Got the 2yo screaming in time out for pushing her sister. And the screaming is making DD2 cry.... This is going to be a long day. Kinda wished I braved the cold and went to soccer!
  • becole42 said:

They need indoor soccer in the winter for that age group. You're up north right? I'm in the Midwest and there is only fall and spring soccer- winter is indoor.

It is totally indoor soccer. But it's the walk to soccer that I was worried about. Maybe they don't realize that we're in the city and everyone walks to get to soccer. It's 1 mile away for me, but some of the kids have a 2mile walk to get there. That's a lot with a -17F windchill
  • gutsysneakersgutsysneakers member
    edited January 2015
    Was @yayglitter deleted?

ETA: someone i know on another BMB told me she was deleted, but clearly you're not. So much drama. Ah. Hope you're hanging in there with whatever happened. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Was @yayglitter deleted?

ETA: someone i know on another BMB told me she was deleted, but clearly you're not. So much drama. Ah. Hope you're hanging in there with whatever happened. 

It shows here last active yesterday so maybe she's lurking..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"