May 2014 Moms
Options

random thoughts.

Thought I'd start a thread as I have no questions. Just statements. Please add as you wish :)

1. We moved ds to his room and floor bed. He honestly could have cared less. I'm a little sad. The monitor I got sucks but I can hear him quite the 5 step distance between us. But sometimes I worry he might make noise and I won't hear him right away. And he will cry and I won't go to him. Complete irrational fear and worry I know.

2. His 2 month needles are this week. He will be 9 weeks Thursday. So I'm looking at a double whammy of building immunity and growth spurt. Yippee kay-yay. Usually he gets a super sleepy day before one hits. Today was a super sleepy day. We will see if the pattern stands.

3. I really want my friend to ask me to be in her wedding. I see her friends post the card on fb and she commented 4 down 2 to go I hope one is for me :)

4. Ds just shimmied from my shoulder to the crook of my neck to snuggle. I don't want to put him down. Such a sweet pea.

5. I don't miss work. But props to all you who have. Really. It must be hard.

Anyone else ...?

Re: random thoughts.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    1. Sleep. I need you!

2. DS has been sleeping one two hour stretch in his crib at night. Then he might go back down for another stretch, but I've been too tired to rock him to a deep enough sleep to try setting him down so he's been coming to bed with me.

2.5 I'm sure DH is not happy with this and thinks DS is getting spoiled. But until he's up with him every one or two hours I refuse to give a rat's ass.

3. I start work in two weeks and am excited for adult interaction.

4. Two days before DS officially starts daycare he's going for "test" runs. This means I get to shop for new clothes for this sexy new body (haha), get a haircut, and go to eat with DH. I'm excited.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lrmrtnlrmrtn member
    1. My dad and step mom are babysitting this weekend so DH and I'll have our 1st night out. Looking forward to that but not looking forward to having my dad here overnight. He already criticized that we don't have cable and will probably complain about our house, job situation, etc. My step mom however will be over the moon to take care of DS.
    2. Looking at daycares this week. I feel like a bad mom since I can't wait to go back to work.
    3. And stop BFing.
    4. I need to clean but am so unmotivated.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    1. That i can't have excessive amounts of coffee while nursing an infant who doesn't sleep through the night is just cruel.

2. I had a 24 hour stomach bug this weekend, and now i have a cold. Wth!

3. I have to go to a wedding this weekend and still have nothing to wear that i can nurse in. Do you think sweatpants and a nursing tank are acceptable?
  • Options
    I don't love breastfeeding. I much prefer formula bottles. But I have too much guilt to quit yet. My BF failure with my first traumatized me.

I have razor burn in my butt crack.

DS has a cold. I'm bummed that he's sick but I'm glad I have an excuse not to leave the house today.

I seriously love Talenti gelato. The double dark chocolate flavor is heaven.

I'd kill for a crunchy taco right now.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    1) I'm exhausted.
    2) I seriously have a love/hate relationship with nursing. We bottle/formula fed our firstborn (who is 6) and hubby helped out so much more than he did with our daughter (who's 4) and our son who is almost 7 weeks. I LOVE breastfeeding but am slightly jealous of moms who formula or bottle feed
    3) I have to go back to work soon and am so sad about it!
    4) I love being a mom of 3 more than I thought possible!
  • Options
    I go back to work Thursday and I haven't even attempted to make sure my dress clothes fit.

The baby sitter I had lined up for part time care, roughly 4 hours 3-4 times a week completely flaked. I'm talking not even answering texts or calls or fb messages as a last resort. Infuriating!

We are about to go for 2 month shots in a few and I'm so nervous I could scream.

I've been craving taco bueno since I was pregnant. I miss Texas!

We should just keep this an ongoing thread like April 14. Theirs is so epic!
  • Options
    @anniemore‌ Oooh, I haven't tried pistachio yet. So far the only flavor I don't care for is the pb cup. I'm dying to try the salted caramel too.

• Options
    1) Having so much trouble dealing with my post baby body. I hate this extra weight on me.

2) My MIL is such drama and I don't want her near my DD at all. Wish I could trade MIL in for a nice one.

3) DD received her 2mo immunization shots today and I cried. Hearing her cry like that was the worst.

4) I'm hoping DH receives a promotion so we can move. I'm excited about the possibility of owning a home again, but I just am worried about living in the same city as MIL- she only causes trouble in my marriage :/
  • Options
    1) I hate working!!! And sooo jealous that DH got to quit his job and be a stay at home daddy. But that's what I get for making more.

2) So not looking forward to DH leaving for 2 weeks for his annual training with the military and needing family to come watch the LOs.

3) Can't wait for this baby weight to fall off so I can wear normal clothes. NOTHING fits!!! And she's 2 months old. Come on already!!

4) DS1 he's 2 and 1/2, but incredibly head strong!!! And I'm really over the potty training fight with him. He knows he has to go as he will tell you but then refuses to sit on the potty! I'm so tired of washing the couch, scrubbing the carpet and every other thing a boy can pee on. Just freaking pee in the potty already!!!! Ughhh!!!!
  • Options
    MK1013 said:

@DBonfante‌ do you deliver???

Haha I might eat them all by the time I get to you ;-)
  • Options
    DBonfante said:

MK1013 said:

@DBonfante‌ do you deliver???

Haha I might eat them all by the time I get to you ;-)
    Not if I don't hijack you first.
  • Options
    1. I bought new gym shoes to help motivate me. I'm going back to my kickboxing class tonight and am really excited.

2. I took a 2 hour nap with DD this afternoon. This was the first time I've slept while she's slept during the day. Why didn't i do it sooner?

3. I am OBSESSED with Orange is the New Black.

4. My roots suck right now.

5. It's hot out. I hate living in the swamp of DC.

6. I wish we had a pool. My dog would be happy too.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @MK1013‌ I don't care because I don't share.

:P
  • Options
    What s fun game!

1. I seriously need a hair cut. I haven't had it cut in months and I look awful so just keep wearing a bun every day.

2. I wore pre-preg shorts yesterday! Granted they were my fat shorts but pre-preg nonetheless!

3. Sometimes I want to punch MH in the face; he's been a real jerk about some things lately.

4. Am on MSPI diet and have already messed up; not reading bread labels to know there was soy in there. :( I feel like such an idiot.

5. LO screamed her head off for what seemed like hours today, going to, at and coming home from the Dr's office. She cried so hard she started coughing and had trouble breathing. She hates her car seat. And she kept looking at me with a look that I thought looked so scared, it made me want to cry. Now I'm sitting here holding her whike she sleeps, hoping she doesn't hate me or I didnt scar her for life and that she knows how much I love her. I just started crying when I typed that.

6. Had PP checkup today and when Dr asked what I wanted to do about birth control I had no idea how to even answer for a minute. You mean I'm supposed to have sex again

7. Poor DD has facial excema and acne to deal with, on top of her tummy and poop issues. I honestly wish I could take all these things away from her and deal with them myself.

@anniemore - I am working on getting my LO to sleep more too. Kudos to you on your success! Any secret tips to share? ;)
  • Options
    Binn and I went to Gymboree today for the 2nd time today. It was going great until a mom I couldn't stand when I did it with Beb walked in. She's a "I have a kid thats older then yours so I know all and need to give you advice" type. She makes me want to punch her. 
    Anyway, her newest is 2 weeks old. Two week olds do not gain anything from tactile play. Her DD screamed for 10 minutes until mom picked her up and BF while all of us sang to our kids and did tummy time. It was just awkward. Not even the BFing in the circle and not participating but all of us were trying to introduce ourselves over her hangry baby without wanting to say "WHY ARE YOU HERE?" 
     Oh and then she recommend the mom with the teething 5 month old give her kid bacon to chew on. That's not a thing, right?

• Options
    1. It's 5am and I have to get up for work soon. I'm glad to be back to work, because I need money to pay bills. But I wish I could make money by sitting at home with LO.

2. LO decides that this is my first week back to work that he'll now sleep in passed 6:30am, instead of doing that when I had time off. Crazy little man.

3. My soon to be SIL told me that my MIL said to her she doesn't like the schedule we made for her. MIL watches my baby while I'm at work and DH is either in class or sleeping (he works overnights). Well MH changed his schedule around so he can go to class without working the night before. This new schedule gives him 3 days off instead of 2. So we only need my MIl to watch baby 3 days a week. Apparently she's upset with that. Too bad, she's going to have to live with it. I'm not going to have her watch LO when either me or MH is home, that's pointless.

4. I'm really sick of hearing about my BIL's wedding and how he is being a huge groomzilla. Seriously my soon to be SIL should grow a pair of balls and tell him to shut up, and learn to compromise with her.

5. I wish I could fit into my shorts/carpis, but because I can't I've been wearing leggings and maxi skirts.

6. I love that MH has stepped up more to help with LO.
  • Options
    JennyinheavenJennyinheaven member
    edited July 2014
    @ISeeYouRN‌ this was me with the weight loss, I had a major breakdown Saturday over it, went out for a huge mexican food lunch and ice cream afterwards. Stopped counting calories just ate healthy since, got on the scale today lost 3 pounds, so go figure.
  • Options
    I love Cheerios even though they smell like pee. Same with buttered popcorn.

I hate hot weather. Unfortunate for a born-and-raised Texan who never plans to move away.

I bought one of those Catalina slimming swimsuits everyone raves about, and it looks awful on me. Not flattering at all.

I'm completely overwhelmed by having two kids. It's so much harder than I imagined. I keep wondering if I made the right decision in changing the family dynamic, then hating myself for having that thought.

I struggle with mom guilt (see above). I feel guilty over every little thing, then feel even guiltier for having guilt in the first place and not just moving on.

I think I have mild PPD (see above x2). I hate the idea of leaving the house.

I finally got myself a crunchy taco today. It was delicious.

DS has been a pill the past couple of days. I don't know if it's bc he's just getting over a cold or bc he's frustrated with me and the baby and he's acting out. Or maybe he's just finally acting like a 2.5yo. I dunno, but it's exhausting.

I have a plugged duct in the left breast. It hurts like crazy.

• Options
    1. Second day back at work and I feel good about it.

2. We decided last night that we want MIL to take Calvin overnight sometime soon. Date night is fun but sleeping all night would be amaze balls!

That is all!
  • Options
    Ds had his needles today. Poor guy. He did well though. Just a slight slight fever.

I'm re watching hells kitchen for the 100th time. IDGAF.

I'm starving today. I smell baking chocolate.

I need to fold the massive pile of diaper flats on my bed.

Despite us moving ds to his own room he's with me tonight. Try to tell me otherwise dh. Just try.
  • Options
    Three days before I go back to work and I'm super sobby about it. And it is not that I don't want to work; I just want to have more time for cuddles. Why can't I have both?

Oh MetLife handles my LOA/FILA approval and they haven't approved the additional two weeks yet. This means I haven't gotten paid this week and, if they don't approve it before Sunday, I won't get paid two weeks in a row.

Then, when it gets approved, I'll be in a different tax bracket where I have to pay an additional 50% in federal taxes.

Of course I can fix that by just changing my withholding but that also means I have to change it back.

I hate that everything is based on east coast time. I hate that it is 1p here and people are getting ready to leave work at their call center (because it is 4pm their time) and so they can't help me until the next day.

I'm upset that my parents house was almost broken into last night (dog growled/security door was locked) and that their cars were broken into two months ago.

I don't want to go back to work.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    I'm really annoyed with how my mil seems to always be convincing herself that dd is a pretty baby. I'm starting to think she thinks she's ugly and is just trying to convince herself otherwise. She is always making comments about her looks. I think squish is a freaking beauty queen and that's all that matters.

It's a BOY

• Options
    gypsymysticgypsymystic member
    edited July 2014
    JKBMA2014 said:
    I'm really annoyed with how my mil seems to always be convincing herself that dd is a pretty baby. I'm starting to think she thinks she's ugly and is just trying to convince herself otherwise. She is always making comments about her looks. I think squish is a freaking beauty queen and that's all that matters.
    @JKBMA2014 I know the feeling, my MIL keeps insisting our DS2 is so smart, and comparing him to DS1 as if he was not smart, or laid there like a bump on a log... it pisses me off and makes my heart hurt for my first son, who now at almost 5 years old is very intelligent. I don't ever want him to feel like he is being compared to, or measured against his brother. Then again, MIL shows very clear and hurtful favoritism towards her oldest son and only daughter, and has made MH feel like shit and feel unloved from it his entire life... she seriously sucks. For lack of wanting to use another, harsher term. -_-  BTW your LO is beautiful!! Love her smiles. :)
    Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
  • Options
    sws684sws684 member
    @mkquinnwedding‌ don't be so hard on yourself.... I also hate my body, and my baby's cries aren't distinguishable unless she's hurting... You're not a bad momma!
  • Options
    @jsquaree‌ I used to need a coke a day. All through pregnancy and before. I tried stopping so many times. Or limit it to weekend.

Then I realized caffeine makes ds wired. Dropped it no problem. Why couldn't I do it earlier?!
  • Options
    @Azlebella‌ my MIL also plays favoritism with her boys. She says she doesn't, but then just hearing stories from her, or the things she does for MH just shows it. Her reasoning is because MH was her first born and he had a lot of medical issues when he was born that the docs told her he wouldn't live past 3 months. So she throws that into the reasoning, that it's a miracle he's alive. Well guess what you have another son who is also alive who clearly can see who you prefer.

• Options
    gypsymysticgypsymystic member
    edited July 2014
    jsaffer01 said:
    @Azlebella‌ my MIL also plays favoritism with her boys. She says she doesn't, but then just hearing stories from her, or the things she does for MH just shows it. Her reasoning is because MH was her first born and he had a lot of medical issues when he was born that the docs told her he wouldn't live past 3 months. So she throws that into the reasoning, that it's a miracle he's alive. Well guess what you have another son who is also alive who clearly can see who you prefer.
    @jsaffer01 - Same here. MIL favors her daughter because she has juvenile onset diabetes. Her oldest son is 11 years older then my SIL and MH (who is the youngest) so she spoiled him all his life and made him into a man-child who can't do anything without help from his mommy. My SIL requested a sibling when she was 3 years old, so she decided to have MH and I guess by the time she got sick, she basically dropped everything to care for her. She even went so far as to pull MH our of school and half-ass homeschool him so she could focus on SIL and her Dr appointments. She proclaimed all the doctors idiots and insisted she knew better then them... meanwhile, H had to teach _himself_ everything before returning to school in the 9th grade. He was left to his own devices for the most part. The craziest thing is, before my 2nd was born, she warned me "Don't show favoritism to either of your kids, because my parents loved _me_ best, -- and my sister (MH's aunt) has resented me her entire life because of it." she said all this with a shit eating grin on her face, adding that she couldn't help it that she was so much smarter and more talented then her sister... When she said that I seriously had to stop myself from laughing in her face, it was so hypocritical of her. Everyone in the family knows she plays the favoritism game like woah. Her oldest two take total advantage of it, and whenever MH needs help or support she basically tells him to man up and figure shit out for himself. The lady truly takes the cake. In any case, my personal theory is that her sister avoids her like the plague because, much like me she really can't stand her as a person and has little tolerance for her self-centered, ignorant and 'holier then thou' attitude. :/
    Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
  • Options
    I feel bad that I want a different vehicle. I've always had hand-me-down cars, none that I have ever chosen myself and so tired of driving other ppls choices. I'm in DH's car which is an older but still very nice Acura. It's a sedan which is awful for the stroller and car seat. It's too small, too low and uncomfortable.....but it's paid off completely and runs fine. There is no reason to take on a car payment especially since I am staying home with LO and only working part time teaching when I want to.
    I feel guilty but I hate driving it and I want a different car that is easier with a baby and one that I actually pick out.
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
  • Options
    gutsysneakersgutsysneakers member
    edited August 2014
    Bumping this thread.

1. I go back to work two weeks from Monday. I tried on my work pants. Muffin top is no bueno.

2. DD has been in her crib three nights in a row and I have never slept better.

3. We got a call from our #1 choice daycare and were able to tour yesterday. I LOVE it. I feel so comfortable with the teachers in her room. And it's 1 minute from work. Score!

4. I don't know why I continue to watch Scandal. Possibly the worst acting. I can't handle how melodramatic everyone is...

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

DD Born @ 40+4

• Options
    I love food shows but not food competitions. I'm sorry but cooking is not a competitive sport.

I never thought I'd be one of those moms who has a hard time letting go, but I'm horribly depressed about DS starting mother's day out next month. And it's only 2 days a week, from 9-2:30. I can't imagine how I'll feel when he starts school.

• Options
    I'm excited to go back to work. I'll only be part-time and love what I do. Of course I'll miss DD.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I want DH to take black friday off from work so I can go shopping.  My mom has to work and can't watch DD, and I know that my MIL would watch her, but I don't want her too.  But if he does that he will want to spend Thanksgiving with his family, and I don't want to be around a bunch of drunks.  

I'm excited DH got on board with me not going back to work.  

After using our cloth diapers and covers off and on for 2 months, I've figured out which are my favorites.  I want to buy more of them, but I'm afraid to ask DH cause I know he will tell me no.  Or use it as a bargaining chip so he can buy a new hedge trimmer.  
  • Options
    Payroll screwed up on my pay checks royally. And, as a result, the federal government thinks I earn almost $400k a year (which I certainly don't). If payroll takes back the money they accidentally gave me (which they should), I will have paid the federal government and/or company for the privilege to work last week.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    kbaker053 said:

I want DH to take black friday off from work so I can go shopping.  My mom has to work and can't watch DD, and I know that my MIL would watch her, but I don't want her too.  But if he does that he will want to spend Thanksgiving with his family, and I don't want to be around a bunch of drunks

Uh how are you already planning the holidays, my brain is still on this summer

• Options
    Why is it that after putting DD down and telling myself "self, be quiet", I ALWAYS either step on the creakiest board on the floor or bang some body part on a toy, piece of furniture, wall or door. Why?!!!!

DD Born @ 40+4

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"