1st Trimester
Options

What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

Re: What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

• Options
    this positive came up about 30-40 seconds. This is also three days after missed period. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LSatturo126LSatturo126 member
    edited September 2016
    congrats to all!!
     *****Trigger Warning, Loss and Pregnancy Mentioned*****

Married my best friend in 2013 (I was 33), After 1.5yrs of TTC got my first BFP naturally on 2/7/15 but ended in DNC on 4/14/15, not viable. In 2015 I was 35...Found out I had only one working ovary, which was DOR, with scar tissue and I ovulated at 7 days, with a small cervix opening and a tilted uterus... Needing an RE was a must.....IUI#1 Sept 2015,,, BFN IUI#2 Oct 2015,,,BFN IUI#3 Dec 2015,,BFN IVF#1 2/1/16- BFN IVF# on 3/29/16 retrieval only - 1 healthy chromosome tested embryo. IVF#3 retrieval 4/23/16- 0 healthy embryos. IVF#4 retrieval 6/17/16- 1 healthy embryo. FET#1-Transferred Both Healthy Embryos on 9/6/16 BFP!! 9/15/16 Beta 22.3, 9/17/16 Beta 60.5 & 9/19/16 Beta 195! 1st US on 9/23/16, only 1 Gast Sac & Yolk Sac found, US 9/30/16 US 6wk 1day saw and heard Heartbeat 120bpm!! EDD 5/25/2017 Had a healthy baby girl via CSection on 5/18/17 8lbs 15oz. Then four months later got pregnant naturally and had a healthy baby boy on 6/13/18 7lbs 6oz (at age 38). Needless to say, anything is possible! I'm keeping my signature open so it gives someone out there hope that anything is possible. Message me if you ever have any questions or just need someone to talk to. DON'T GIVE UP!

• Options
    Jens_HoesJens_Hoes member
    edited September 2016
    Hi everyone- 
    I can't believe I'm not sure if this is a positive. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Jenshoes said:
    Hi everyone- 
    I can't believe I'm not sure if this is a positive. Thanks for the help!
    Gah!!! I'm pretty sure it's positive but I've heard such bad things about the blue dye tests that I'm slightly reluctant! Do you have any other type of test in the house?! I'm going to tentatively say congrats and I hope you update us in TTGP @Jenshoes ;);) fx so hard for you!

(ETA: busted! I like looking at things people peed on :D )
  • Options
    Okay I don't know if I'm going crazy here or if this is the faintest of lines. Please Help!!?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I have always made fun of the people who seemingly can't read a HPT....  And yet here I am! I'm 12 DPO.... are these squinters legit? Or am I losing it?  
    ETA: Both taken right at 3 min (FRER) and 5 min (Wondfo) so not evap lines
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816, those aren't squinters, I see them clear as day!
  • Options
    I always get faint positives, even on the day my period is due. Hoping this will work out and be our rainbow! 
  • Options
    11dpo a few days ago with #3
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

These are all mine. Starting at 9dpo to 1st day of missed period (today). I used somewhat cheapies i bought off amazon (Easy@Home), then took cpl other brands I had (left over from quite a costly month in july) to be sure. If ur obsessed with testing like me, I'd say try these test strips......definitely let me test multiple times in any given day since it came in a 20 pack and it even cost me less than a 2 pack of name brand ones ;) went to get confirmation from my dr yesterday and we're thrilled with the results!! :)
  • Options
    @QueenNub, that's a line for sure. :) not even a squinter.
  • Options
    @queennub definitely a line. That's what my first FRER looked like (see above). Congrats!
  • Options
    Cvs brand early response.  Took twice 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Am I seeing things? I really can't decide if these are positive or negative! 

• Options
    meg2704 said:
    Am I seeing things? I really can't decide if these are positive or negative! 

They look positive to me!  Congrats!
  • Options
    This is what mine looked like. Strong positive day of expected period.
  • Options

13dpo :) yes, they are definitely sticks I peed on and then taped into a notebook hiding under my master bathroom sink. I got my first + 10dpo and have been a little crazy making sure the lines get darker! Officially late for my period now based on my 11 day LP. 
    Me (28) & DH (35)
    Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
    TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
    NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

• Options
    I only use digital now. I used it 2 days before I was due to start and it popped up "Pregnant" right away, lol.

Someone was telling me the other day that the new FRER are coming up with a lot of false positives. She panicked bc her 3rd is only about 4 months old, but she wasn't pregnant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • Options
    I think best way is to visit doctor.
  • Options
    it's a faint positive line - wdyt?
  • Options

This test was taken first thing this morning.. today is 12 dpo. I also tested yesterday and also saw lines as faint as this, I thought today would maybe be darker. I'm really excited but am not sure how legit this is and I don't want to tell DH unless I'm 100% sure that this is good news. I should be getting my period tomorrow or the day after.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    My pictures are the post before yours. I'd wait a couple days and test again. I do see a vvfl. I'm not 100% convinced yet either - going to wait and test again with a digital. Good Luck!!
  • Options
    djf911 said:
    My pictures are the post before yours. I'd wait a couple days and test again. I do see a vvfl. I'm not 100% convinced yet either - going to wait and test again with a digital. Good Luck!!
    Your lines look visible to me! Good luck!

• Options
    3+ I took the bottom one at 8am with FMU - the other 2 at 6pm and 10pm that same night. 
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Options
    JAM85JAM85 member
    edited October 2016
    12dpo and not quite FMU since it was 5am and I had peed 1.5 before that but the line came up within a minute!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad I had no faint lines... Not bad for an $.88 test at Walmart!
  • Options

So my first test was 10 dpo on frer. Then confirmed with wondfo. The middle pic. I included my line progression pics for the ladies who are obsessed and paranoid like me. :) 
  • Options
    @cait32 without even squinting I see it!
  • Options
    SpooksterSpookster member
    edited November 2016
    @cait32 Yep its there
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Options
    Hi Everyone! This is the first time posting here. Been TTC for about 10 months, and had an HSG earlier this month. I'm 10DPO, and just took a HPT (FRER). There's a very faint line, and I'm in disbelief. I know a line is a line, but I honestly don't believe it. Can anyone help confirm? Thoughts? (sorry for the size, i don't know how to resize).

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    hwknighthwknight member
    edited November 2016
    These tests are throwing me off! 

I took a blue blue dye generic brand test this morning and there's a positive line. 

Around 11:30a I took a First Response rapid results pink dye and there's a faint line. I also took a First Response digital and it was negative. 

Has as anyone else experienced this?  
  • Options
    @hwknight that's what my first FRER looked like. It got darker pretty quick though. Get some cheapie and keep taking them. I did have a positive digi that first afternoon but my FRER and Wondfo lines were getting darker by then
  • Options
    hwknighthwknight member
    edited November 2016
    @ShadeofGreen816 I'm going to get a blood test done today. That's what my OB decided to have me do since I'm now had 5 positive and 1 negative 
  • Options
    @peachy13 Do you have an update? My test taken at 10 & 11dpo looked like yours. Took again this morning (12dpo), a line showed, but a little slower to surface. I would think it should be getting darker, but not really. I plan to test tonight.  GL to you!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    peachy13peachy13 member
    edited November 2016

@jacksonbears your test looks good to me! My lines were light for a while and then gradually turned darker. What did it for me though was taking a Clear Blue digital test on 12 dpo, where I got this BFP.  Good luck!

Edited to add: in the beginning my lines also took a long time to surface. Now they arrive fairly quick, and they're as dark as the control line. I still POAS here and there since my first appt is still a week away.