1st Trimester

What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

Re: What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

• MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited March 2016
    I am new here sorry to impose but I was wondering if you could help, I took a first signal from walmart .88 cents, and within 2 minutes had a faint second line, but I was reading about evap and indent lnes and I am now losing faith that it is a positive, also the line seems to be a little further from the control line than I thought it should be.
    If you search through this thread, you'll see a few walmart cheapie tests. The lines are a little further apart on those I think. If you're questioning the result, try a different brand. Good luck!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• virginiahamvirginiaham member
    edited March 2016
    First results at 16dpo, then 22dpo and 24dpo.  I was definitely expecting serial tests to get progressively darker, and it turns out these particular cheapies just don't get that dark.

eta deleted extra photo
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Loading the player...
  • @virginiaham - I have a progression all the way up to 8w with twins and they stopped getting darker around 6w I think. I was worried because I've seen so many people say they have a test line darker than the control but my ultrasounds look great so that has eased my mind :)
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • First pregnancy! Used clear blue digital to verify at first. Followed up with the bottom test! Both positive ☺
  • ObunObun member
    Found out on Monday! Terrified and excited. Used two dollar store tests, both positive!

EDD: 11/28/2016

• FRER taken on 12 dpo. It was clearly pink! Unlike the wondfo which was pink/gray.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • From 2dpt6dt to Beta Day.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Hahahah! Looks like my counter top......my fiance just walked out and shook his head. Men will never know!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• This was my first and only test and it was First Response and I confirmed it with doc the next day!
  • I had 2 PG tests left from a package of Wondfo OPKs and PG tests, so I thought I'd take them and see what showed up - since my temps had been high and I had no PMS symptoms like I usually did.

Here are the 2 Wondfos:

I had also bought a digital test that same day when I was at Target, and took it the following morning:

This was 2-3 days before AF was supposed to show.

I also took a First Response that I already had, on the Sunday (after taking the 2nd digital Saturday), and 2 lines showed nice a bright.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• This was my first pregnancy test. I thought I was around 5 weeks but based on ultrasound, I was only 3 weeks 5 days pregnant when I took it. Very faint. But there! I'm now 10 weeks 6 days (tomorrow)
  • Getting slightly darker!! Good sign ❤️
  • can someone please tell me if they see a faint line? 
  • @Ashleygib11 looks like you're pregnant 
  • thanks so much for the reply, I really appreciate it
  • (lurker)

Second line for sure!

<br>
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Does anyone see it? 8dpo
  • @melavalos I do see something. Any test that comes in plastic packaging isn't really supposed to be pried open and read. A lot of times they'll be an evap line or something under the plastic that doesn't really count as a BFP. Hopefully that is your BFP but I never trust a test that was in plastic and isn't anymore.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Th8s is the first one i took, at about 3am, thought my period started, it didnt so went out to get a test.. and this showed up.
  • So I've been feeling off. I usually cramp immediately before AF rears her ugly head. But this cycle, I've been feeling twinges on both sides, and yesterday I went to stand up and felt a sharp pain in my uterus. Brief, but I waited to try getting up again. I decided to test. As of yesterday, I was 11/12 dpo.

I saw the FAINTEST of lines, called my husband up and he could see it too. The second picture was me dimming it on my phone, since I used flash and it made the picture a little bright. 

Is this a + or an evap? @_@

• I can honestly say I was not expecting to see this happen today! This morning I decided to test, because I had spotting a few days ago but no period. Also I was looking forward to a few glasses of wine tonight after a long week! The digital test was about an hour and a half after the First Response (with FMU). This was my first month off BC and I was not expecting it to happen so soon! We're so happy though!
  • @brandibug1991 I honestly don't see anything there.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • @brandibug1991 -- That looks like an evap. They're pretty common with FRERs unfortunately. It's been a few days, guessing you've already retested since and gotten your answer but evaps are something to look out for.
  • *lurker*

I have been hearing more and more about evap lines so I'd like to ask...do they typically occur if you check the test outside of the normal 5 minute window?  Or can they happen any time?

<br>
  • @HopingForOneAgain I think evaps only happen after the window, but there's also indent lines which are really similar and can happen within the 10-minute window. Here's a site that has a bunch of pictures of them--a couple of them look REALLY convincing: https://peeonastickfreak.com/2015/01/03/home-pregnancy-test-indent-lines/
  • The first photo is the one I took Sunday morning with SMU just for the heck of it.  I was not expecting anything to show up.  My husband wanted to test again that afternoon.  I already had some wonfos and an equate brand one at home but I also wanted to get a digital.  I am still in shock.
  • @canavara thanks for the info.  It seems that FRERs are especially bad for the indent line from what I am reading.  Good to know for future use.

<br>
  • This is a confirmation of a positive baby o mm board.
  • schmoopie1-2schmoopie1-2 member
    edited May 2016
    Excited to finally get to post here!  

I had taken 2 EPT's earlier in the week, 19 and 21 DPO and passed them off as negatives but now that I'm thinking back, they were very, very faint lines.  I don't have much experience with testing b/c I always just got my period, that's how I knew in the past.  Even when I was a week late I wouldn't test if I was spotting b/c I have PCOS and would always attribute my wonky cycles to that.  This time was different.  I knew I felt different.    

Still no AF 2 days later, and I got my first very distinct BFP on 5/6!!  Clearly, I didn't believe it so I took one later in the day and then again over the weekend.  It probably won't hit me until my first US in a couple weeks - though I'm REALLY feeling it now!  Sleepless, achy abdomen, spotting, eating ALL THE FOOD...

• Megan-AlaireMegan-Alaire member
    edited May 2016
    I didn't test until 6 weeks, both my tests (first signal from walmart, and ept) showed up instantly. Test line was darker than control line. 

• fhidididjdjdfhidididjdjd member
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for your sharing
  • musicmavimusicmavi member
    edited May 2016
    Hi everyone! After trying for six months and constantly getting negative tests, I switched to 99 c store brand tests, I had seen the way they looked as negatives so I was surprised when I used it and it was positive almost instantly. I couldn't believe it so I tested a second time in a row and voila! Here attached are my images. I was 1 day late and this was my first morning urine. This is our first baby!
  • I took three at home tests over the course 6 days. On a Monday, I suspected I was pregnant, so I took test #1 (not pictured). It was so faint I didn't know if I was hoping that hint of a line into existence or if it was there. I went to get a blood test, where they did a urine test first. Negative, so I went home. Wednesday, I took test #2 (purple test pictured). This time I knew I saw it, but didn't know if I should believe it. Went to the doctor, had another negative urine test, and had blood drawn for a blood test. Saturday I took test #3 (pink test pictured), and it was so positive I called my parents the next day to tell them. Monday I got positive blood test results. I got to see the results progress over time, and I find it interesting that an at home test could know before a doctors urine test. Basically, if you can see even a hint of a line and can get someone else to possibly see it too, there might be some hormones building! 7 weeks 4 days pregnant today!
  • Nini422Nini422 member

The first four were taken when I was 5 days late 4w2d ,based on LMP. And the last two were from wed when I 4w6d
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited May 2016
    Kind of freaking out! Been ttc for only 2 months. Haven't felt good for a week. AF should have arrived 2 days ago. Just took this and my husband is working late today. :( just bought at dollar store. I'm still telling myself it isn't true so I see a run to the store for a name brand in my future. I just feel the need to tell someone! First time mama here!
  • And I thought mine was a faint line!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)