April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• I had an appetizer of donut before DH's chili dinner. Still waiting on that. 
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • There was a little spoonfull left of frosting from my DH's b-day cake the other day, I hid it in the back of the fridge and just had it. There may have been a handful of chocolate chips mixed in as well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • P&B715 said:
    Office potluck lunch version freaking rocked... I'm in the process of going back for seconds on desert, since I already hit the main table twice...  I don't think I'll be needing dinner tonight!  

Round one photo for your viewing pleasure  :P 
    Don't you know that you can't eat any of that?!?! Give it here!!! Yummy. :P :P
    Aww crap, really?  Call me bad mommy then, because I definitely went back for seconds of just about everything you see in those photos... ;)  Peanut seemed to enjoy it too - maybe its all the sugar I consumed making him bounce around like a fiend?   :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• AW! Just finished refinishing this headboard and tried my hand at antique glazing for the first time. They don't sell it here in Canada so when we did our US road trip I bought some. Turned out neat! Before and after. You Americans have all the good shit. Boo Canada!
    That is gorgeous!
  • I have zero motivation to do anything work related this week. I need to snap out of it, but I'm really struggling! It would probably help if I stopped bumping, but then I feel like I miss so much! Blah, employee of the year I am not

Photobucket imageimage

• had lunch, now its nap time.
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Old and sweet as can be. :(
    aww poor baby :( sure its a stray and not a runaway?
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Got my first judgmental look and comment for my bump and no ring on my finger (I was about to go to the gym) from the cashier at walmart! I guess I really do look pregnant! I just stared at her as she was telling me she would pray for my soul and my baby's soul.
    No one ever says shit to me. I'm gonna stop wearing my rings and see if I get any fun comments. I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to put someone in their place and make them think twice about saying something like that ever again.
    What in the actual fuck? Yeah I'd love to get that. I'd just snap my gum and say 'oh don't worry, I'm having an abortion. It's kind of late in the pregnancy but I just HAD to get this Coach purse that was on sale, so I didn't have the money.'
    I don't have rings.. I'm a sinful Bitch.. no looks yet, but now I am thinking up good things to say. 
    photo 312e02a9-ef9a-4648-8979-09b4ab630d04_zpsa744d068-1.jpgphoto 26efec1e-a9a8-4abc-adae-e4ac57e9ed07_zpscb2707ed.jpgimagephoto 6de80a6c-9b11-48ea-934b-3d2f0e56825f_zps84077925.jpg photo bea969e4-3c22-42e7-af6a-f4e3450c2fd7_zps664ddd2f.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy%20ticker
    imagephoto b971e7ea-a08a-41e0-bdee-a8d0f48bb027_zps8d92a1f9.png
  • I went to get the mail and there was a stray dog on my steps. :( My SIL is coming over soon so I can take him over to the shelter. I put him in our dogs crate so he could at least get warm and be safe. I feel awful that we can't keep him. :(
    Poor baby - I'm lucky he didn't show up on my front step.  I would have kept him!

• Old and sweet as can be. :(

Oh what a sweet dog. Hopefully he has an owner that misses him and they will be reunited soon.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • I'm so glad we're flying to Denmark on Monday. Monday is the day they cook skate (flat fish that looks like a sting ray) here. It smells like a billion cats pissed in your nose. I'll take airplane smell over that any day!
  • Just got news that our town's Sheriff just passed away today. I live in a very small community (think old southern American town) where everyone knows everyone and he has been the Sheriff for 28 years. So very sad for our community, he was a really great guy and did wonderful things for our community. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thomas930 said:
    Just got news that our town's Sheriff just passed away today. I live in a very small community (think old southern American town) where everyone knows everyone and he has been the Sheriff for 28 years. So very sad for our community, he was a really great guy and did wonderful things for our community. 
    :-( Sorry for the town's loss @Thomas930
  • @katieharpiceland Thanks, I'm so sad....He went to our church, we saw him every week, he loved our kids.....just trying to process all this. It was so unexpected. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thomas930 said:
    @katieharpiceland Thanks, I'm so sad....He went to our church, we saw him every week, he loved our kids.....just trying to process all this. It was so unexpected. 

Sending you big hugs and warm thoughts. 
  • thomas930 said:

Just got news that our town's Sheriff just passed away today. I live in a very small community (think old southern American town) where everyone knows everyone and he has been the Sheriff for 28 years. So very sad for our community, he was a really great guy and did wonderful things for our community. 

I'm sorry for your loss :( ((hugs))
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • embear22 said:

@deidremaria I'm sorry you're feeling that way. It totally comes and goes for me too. You know your body and yourself best and it's def worth talking about with your midwife! Much love to ya lady! Sometimes I feel like we should start a group or weekly checkin for mamas with depression/anxiety/panic issues.

Thanks! Today was a better day. I think that thread idea is awesome!!!
  • J&NL said:
    Is anyone else's DH overly sexual? Like, all the time?? DH is constantly pestering me about wanting to have sex and then gets pissy when I don't want to. Tbh, if he would just leave me alone about it and just stop putting so much pressure on me then maybe I would want to but the constant asking and pestering completely turns me off.
    Yes, but I married him knowing what his libido was like so I can't complain. :)) I feel bad that I'm not as into it these days. I try to put out 4-5 times a week anyway, just not always penetrative sex because I just feel big and awkward and uncomfortable (physically). 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • J&NL said:
    Is anyone else's DH overly sexual? Like, all the time?? DH is constantly pestering me about wanting to have sex and then gets pissy when I don't want to. Tbh, if he would just leave me alone about it and just stop putting so much pressure on me then maybe I would want to but the constant asking and pestering completely turns me off.
    We don't do it much. I think the last time was probably 3 weeks ago but he definitely tries a lot. Usually when we go to bed and I'm completely exhausted. Also being reminded about how little we have sex is such a turn off.  [-(
  • J&NL said:
    Yes, but I married him knowing what his libido was like so I can't complain. :)) I feel bad that I'm not as into it these days. I try to put out 4-5 times a week anyway, just not always penetrative sex because I just feel big and awkward and uncomfortable (physically). 
    See, I'm the opposite. I used to have a high sex drive but then it sort of dwindled away when he never seemed satisfied. I could have sex with him every single day and he would still ask for it. I hate it. 
  • J&NL said:

J&NL said:

See, I'm the opposite. I used to have a high sex drive but then it sort of dwindled away when he never seemed satisfied. I could have sex with him every single day and he would still ask for it. I hate it. 

I definitely used to be the one always initiating, and now poor DH gets it once a week when I remember. I have been much more into oral sex though--especially after he sent me a medical study that concluded it decreases the odds of developing pre-eclampsia. I think the study is full of crap, but hey, A for effort by DH. Plus, if it IS true, I want to have my bases covered! ;)
  • I need to be on vacation now or I'm going to start stabbing people.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • J&NL said:
    we tried for the first time in oh... about a month. I wa sin so much pain it was very uncomfortable and he said I was too tight it was like having anal! :-O never heard a guy complain about that and after baby has her say coming out i doubt i will ever hear that again! so we have decided to try to have sex a little more often so w edon't get to that point again lol but honestly i think he will be getting a few more BJS in the future and a little less penetration.
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I found our resident pet commenting on the 2nd tri board, on a post that's very fitting! Ladies, your baby needs your hair!
    I was reading this and when I went to page two it said "discussion not found"! Now I'm upset because I didn't have time to finish reading it and see why it got DDed! 
  • J&NL said:

Mine is. All day every day. Flattering but annoying at times.
  • Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited December 2013
    Stace0616 said:
    J&NL said:
    I definitely used to be the one always initiating, and now poor DH gets it once a week when I remember. I have been much more into oral sex though--especially after he sent me a medical study that concluded it decreases the odds of developing pre-eclampsia. I think the study is full of crap, but hey, A for effort by DH. Plus, if it IS true, I want to have my bases covered! ;)
    @stace0616 I've heard that. The idea is that your body is more accustomed to the "foreign" DNA, I guess? Same principle behind the idea that a subsequent case of pre-eclampsia is less likely if the babies are not born with a large time gap between them and are from the same father. I don't know how true that particular study is, but there you have it.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The dog was returned to her owners! Turns out she lives at the other end of the street. She escaped from a babysitter. Doesn't wear a collar cuz she never leaves the yard (doh!), lol.
    aw yay! She looked way too sweet to be a homeless doggy!
  • The dog was returned to her owners! Turns out she lives at the other end of the street. She escaped from a babysitter. Doesn't wear a collar cuz she never leaves the yard (doh!), lol.

I thought she looked really well taken care of! Glad this story has a happy ending. :)
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

• The nesting instinct is kicking in so bad right now. I can't do anything! I want to wash clothes and put them away but the dresser is in the middle of the half painted nursery!

BabyFetus Ticker

• J&NL said:
    I found our resident pet commenting on the 2nd tri board, on a post that's very fitting! Ladies, your baby needs your hair!
    I was reading this and when I went to page two it said "discussion not found"! Now I'm upset because I didn't have time to finish reading it and see why it got DDed! 
    Why did it??? I just went back to try and read it and can't find it.  :(( What was going on?
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Bummer, it was a classic!
  • BIRL - A woman's MIL told her to - or not to (it was not terribly clear, I think she meant not to but left the "not" out) cut her hair while pregnant because the baby needed the iron. Then there was a lot of WTFs, some great gifs, and our colorful newbie brought up the danger of "salon fumes." I'm not sure where it all went before it was deleted, but I'm sad I didn't get to see!

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened. I was hoping someone was following it!
  • Waiting on my mother... She is habitually late to everything. We were supposed to meet at 6.....it's just about 630 and not even a phone call
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

• embear22 said:

So, my husband tells me tonight that a female vendor invited him out for drinks on Friday. It would be just them After work hours. I'm used to the lunch meetings etc... But Friday night drinks? I find this wildly inappropriate or am I crazy? He wants to take a half day Friday and come home at lunch anyways so it's not happening. But still... It's weird, right??

Yeah, no.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"