April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• J&NL said:

Am I selfish for saying that I'm super excited that we won't be going home for Christmas? Christmas is nothing but juggling four different houses in one day. We can barely even enjoy it because we are too busy trying to make everyone else happy. This year we will be spending Christmas here, in our new home and I'm SUPER excited.

I am so with you. This is our first married Christmas, and our last holiday just the two of us... It is so special to me that we get to spend it together without travel or family drama! I'm ok with being selfish about it.
  • @j&nl not at all!! I'm envious of your Christmas at home. Holidays can be stressful juggling time between different sides of families. Enjoy every second!!
  • Loading the player...
  • J&NL said:
    Am I selfish for saying that I'm super excited that we won't be going home for Christmas? Christmas is nothing but juggling four different houses in one day. We can barely even enjoy it because we are too busy trying to make everyone else happy. This year we will be spending Christmas here, in our new home and I'm SUPER excited.
    Because of work and my schedule and plane ticket costs...I haven't been home for Christmas in 5 years. This will be our first Christmas in our new house and as a married couple...and I'm still depressed I'm missing Christmas with my family. Christmas with just me and DH just doesn't feel like Christmas :(

• J&NLJ&NL member
    edited December 2013
    TallaB said:
    J&NL said:
    Because of work and my schedule and plane ticket costs...I haven't been home for Christmas in 5 years. This will be our first Christmas in our new house and as a married couple...and I'm still depressed I'm missing Christmas with my family. Christmas with just me and DH just doesn't feel like Christmas :(
    I'm sorry :( I just feel differently since every single time we go home, it's like a shit show trying to see everyone and Christmas is ridiculously stressful. This year, I'm excited to just relax and spend time just the three of us. 
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • I keep getting Citrus Lane ads in my Facebook and I'm sick of it. I finally clicked on it today out of pure annoyance. Have any of you subscribed to it before?
    image VOTE on my Name List
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @deidremaria I hope you feel better! :)
  • @deidremaria I hope you feel better! :)

Thank you.
  • So I just found a bunch of red spots all over my belly. They aren't itchy but they are about the size of a dime and slightly raised. I've never gotten this before in pregnancy and I don't really know what caused it.  :-/
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thomas930 said:
    So I just found a bunch of red spots all over my belly. They aren't itchy but they are about the size of a dime and slightly raised. I've never gotten this before in pregnancy and I don't really know what caused it.  :-/

PUPPPS? 
    :-??
    image VOTE on my Name List
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I always thought PUPPPS were itchy...I have an appointment next Monday so if its still around I'll ask...if it gets itchy I'll call sooner. I have really fair skin so it could honestly be anything.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just twisted my knee(don't ask) and it hurts like hell. Also by the end of the day my ute feels so heavy and like its gonna fall out ( this is day two of this) normal or worrisome?
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @kcp913 if its just the vit c one it's ok of it's got the extra stuff, some of them arnt.
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Also watching The Voice.  I am rooting for Tessanne.  Anyone but Jacqui or however you spell her name.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• Jacqui will be some generic pop princess...yawn.
    I was totally wanting James or Tessanne to win from the beginning. 
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • YAY!!! I win!  I mean, Tessanne wins!
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • James was my favorite :(
  • AprilMay9 said:

Just why.
    We saw it on tosh DH was jumping around the bed saying "noooo noooo"
    ?!?!?
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• I would love to be belligerently drunk right now. Throat punches to my staff who are being complete selfish assholes right now. One of them had a family member die so I'm trying to get people to cover and the one guy says "if I have to I guess I could". Eff you. 
    Doesn't sound like guy has ever experienced loss. Sorry for your inconsiderate staff 
    :(
  • pineconey said:
    I would love to be belligerently drunk right now. Throat punches to my staff who are being complete selfish assholes right now. One of them had a family member die so I'm trying to get people to cover and the one guy says "if I have to I guess I could". Eff you.
    What an ass.
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Lady Gaga > Christina Aguilera 
  • just spent our awesome $25 amazon gift card (from the ugly sweater contest) on something practical. *sigh*
    chewable papaya enzyme tablets (supposed to help with the puking/nausea caused by mucus)
    cod liver oils (to help prevent high blood pressure)
    and a book (babyproofing your marriage)

i just want to buy frivolous thingsssss

and we attempted to trade in some of the CD's my SIL "gifted" to us that i will never use, and even the store didn't want them. i got them clean and soft, but they just aren't a style i'm interested in.  the store has a "donate" bin for CD's that they give to some organization.  better than sitting in storage here...
    we did go ahead and buy a few newborn pieces while we were there. 2 covers and snappi's.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • @pineconey I got that book too! I'm interested to see what it says!

i have a few friends that recommended it. and we had to spend over $25 to get the add on items from amazon, so i figured, what the heck.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
  • KiahsimpsonKiahsimpson member
    edited December 2013
    I'm in a bit of a pickle. Hubby's grandma is going out of town next week to visit her husbands family for Christmas. Hubby's mom is coming to house sit for them and she has a newborn. Well, she just text me and asked if she could use our bassinet while she is here. I really hate telling people no, but it's brand new and I don't want it worn and stained when Aiden gets here. She also smokes and I definitely don't want it to smell like smoke. Hubby doesn't want her to use it either. I will also add that she has one. It seems that she's just asking so she doesn't have to fold hers up and bring it.. Are we being weird about it or is it understandable that we want to keep aidens stuff as nice as possible and unused?

ETA: when I told hubby that she text me, he said that he already told his grandma no. They know I'm the type that really never says no when people ask for something from me, so it upsets me that she's asking me, going behind Corey's back, knowing I would normally, probably say yes.
  • I'm in a bit of a pickle. Hubby's grandma is going out of town next week to visit her husbands family for Christmas. Hubby's mom is coming to house sit for them and she has a newborn. Well, she just text me and asked if she could use our bassinet while she is here. I really hate telling people no, but it's brand new and I don't want it worn and stained when Aiden gets here. She also smokes and I definitely don't want it to smell like smoke. Hubby doesn't want her to use it either. I will also add that she has one. It seems that she's just asking so she doesn't have to fold hers up and bring it.. Are we being weird about it or is it understandable that we want to keep aidens stuff as nice as possible and unused?
    be honest with her. tell her it's something you want to save for your  little one. i'd do the same...

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • I'm in a bit of a pickle. Hubby's grandma is going out of town next week to visit her husbands family for Christmas. Hubby's mom is coming to house sit for them and she has a newborn. Well, she just text me and asked if she could use our bassinet while she is here. I really hate telling people no, but it's brand new and I don't want it worn and stained when Aiden gets here. She also smokes and I definitely don't want it to smell like smoke. Hubby doesn't want her to use it either. I will also add that she has one. It seems that she's just asking so she doesn't have to fold hers up and bring it.. Are we being weird about it or is it understandable that we want to keep aidens stuff as nice as possible and unused?
    Nope. Don't do it. It may seem a little selfish, especially to the one doing the asking, but who cares? I would never ask a new mom to let me borrow her baby's stuff before she gets a chance to use it. It's incredibly presumptuous. If I were you I'd have your hubby text her back, as it's his mom and this shouldn't be on you since you both feel the same way. Just tell her that it may be silly, but you want Aiden's to be able to use the things you bought for him first before you start loaning them out. Hopefully she's asking and it's no big deal - a matter of convenience only - and she won't be weird about it.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • @pineconey @BiggerInRealLife I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels weird about it. She's not the traditional type... (that's the nicest way I can put it) so I'm not shocked that she would find it normal/okay to ask. He's gonna text her in the morning.
  • Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited December 2013
    @pineconey @BiggerInRealLife I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels weird about it. She's not the traditional type... (that's the nicest way I can put it) so I'm not shocked that she would find it normal/okay to ask. He's gonna text her in the morning.
    I know you've already made up your mind, but I third (fourth?) the decision. I would decline as well.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just found out that my dad has no intentions of spending Christmas with us even though he told us he would. I am upset that he wouldn't just come out and tell me. No he tells my mom of all people.....they are going through one hell of a nasty divorce which makes it worse that she knew before me. I am upset that he couldn't just fess up to me. I am relieved that he is not coming in the next breath because of the stress it brings. My mom calls trying to get info when he is here. With the contractions I have been having, I just don't need it. It makes me feel like a horrible daughter :(. Sorry, vent over.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Medic99 said:
    I just found out that my dad has no intentions of spending Christmas with us even though he told us he would. I am upset that he wouldn't just come out and tell me. No he tells my mom of all people.....they are going through one hell of a nasty divorce which makes it worse that she knew before me. I am upset that he couldn't just fess up to me. I am relieved that he is not coming in the next breath because of the stress it brings. My mom calls trying to get info when he is here. With the contractions I have been having, I just don't need it. It makes me feel like a horrible daughter :(. Sorry, vent over.
    I'm sorry. :( Family drama is never fun, especially around the holidays.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"