April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• P&B715 said:

I can never wait til Christmas to let DH open presents... I let him open one today. His big one, a keurig... What am I gonna do with a kid when they beg???

I got a kuerig for my birthday and love it!
  • How is this spam??!
    Its not and I'll remove it for you :)
    Lol maybe she's just jealous ;)
    Haha that was my thought 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • P&B715 said:

I can never wait til Christmas to let DH open presents... I let him open one today. His big one, a keurig... What am I gonna do with a kid when they beg???

DH is definitely getting a Keurig too. He wants one so bad and I am always like, ugh, don't buy that, they're so overrated, etc...he has no idea!

Also, unrelated, but every time I see you post it makes me think of peanut butter and jelly. This makes me super fond of you. :)
  • hubs bought me a keurig for Christmas several years ago. it is awesome! hubs doenst drink coffee and i do so i cna make coffee and turn around and make him cider, hot coco, tea etc with no coffee taste. We also use it to make instant soups like miso (yum) or oatmeal lol its pretty awesome and i love it!

Good choices ladies :)
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• One more quick DH gush and I'll stop for the night, promise. He's been really distant about the pregnancy for a while, waiting for it to sink in and get more "real", and he was a little bummed that the baby isn't a girl; he was so pouty in our conversation about names, and isn't sold on the name I'm in love with. Today while we were looking at toys and books he referred to the little guy as Sullivan, casual as can be!! I melted. I'm so in love with watching him process being a daddy, I can't wait to see him bond with the baby when he is here!!!

So sweet! Made me tear up.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • How is this spam??!

I have accidentally flagged on my phone a few times. Hopefully it's not me!! I would only flag over that because I'm jealous ;) pregnancy has done nothing for my flat and lifeless behind
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • P&B715 said:

P&B715 said:

I got a kuerig for my birthday and love it!
    Great! I hope he likes his... He's been spending too much at Starbucks...
    I just spent a small fortune on k-cups today at the grocery store bc I'm so excited about my kuerig! I had three different teas throughout the day! I am trying to find the Swiss miss cups for DD but so far they've been sold out online and in three grocery stores near me.

• How is this spam??!

I have accidentally flagged on my phone a few times. Hopefully it's not me!!
    I would only flag over that because I'm jealous ;) pregnancy has done nothing for my flat and lifeless behind

It wasn't you. It was someone new with only 7 points.
  • So, um, DH's elbow is straight up invading my pillow space. His sweetness over the last 48 hours is the only thing keeping me from waking his ass up by moving it.
  • First piece of nursery furniture delivered...and I'm on the fence. Will give it a few days. #firstworldproblems
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Wow. I was laying on the couch propped up on a pillow watching "Bonnie and Clyde" and baby girl kicked so hard I could actually see my stomach move! It was so weird!  Of course when DH put his hand down to feel he got NADA ;-) I am still having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that there is a growing homo sapien in my belly that will be here in less than 20 weeks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Woah...Ina Garten just made two full size roast chickens. She put one on her plate and one on her husband's. That's a lot of chicken for one person?! (It doesn't help that I despise her. Yet, somehow, I still watch. Just to roll my eyes at her astonishing pretentiousness! Also, its the only thing on at 7:30 am on a Monday.)
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • @katieharpiceland: I hate Ina Garten too! She reminds me of a mom of a college teammate. I can't watch her shows at all!

• It's a good thing I have an appointment with my endocrinologist this morning. My fasting blood sugar is typically between 90-100 (should be under 90) and this morning it was 148. Crap.
  • Schools are closed today... I have no clue what I am going to do with an already-frustrated-we-haven't-been-outside-in-4-days toddler. Ack!
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Sarahjess06Sarahjess06 member
    edited December 2013
    I officially hate pregnancy dreams.

Mine are all terrible!

Where are the good sex dreams I had when I was pregnant with DS?!

Edit.... Bc that last bit sounded terrible.
  • Irrationally mad that its going to be 84 degrees today and we are going to have a really warm Christmas. I hate FL and would move if we could. 
  • thomas930 said:

Irrationally mad that its going to be 84 degrees today and we are going to have a really warm Christmas. I hate FL and would move if we could. 

I saw a map of the country yesterday with temps. FL is the ONLY warm state right now! I know how you feel I couldn't imagine Christmas without snow! Here's a picture just for you!

I wish you could see the ornaments I painstakingly spent hours hanging in out front tree!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• thomas930 said:

Irrationally mad that its going to be 84 degrees today and we are going to have a really warm Christmas. I hate FL and would move if we could. 

I know how you feel. I'm from pensacola so I've had some warm winters too. It's aggravating. That's why I was thrilled when we moved to TN because we are actually going to have all four seasons for once!

photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • @Mamamonzo Thanks Lady! that is a beautiful picture :)

@J&NL I can't even tell you how much I miss TN. We lived in Knoxville for 2.5 years. 
  • Eija3014Eija3014 member
    edited December 2013
    I have no trouble falling asleep at night, but when SO wakes up early and makes a bunch of noise, I CANNOT for the life of me get to sleep again for at least two hours. It doesn't matter how tired I am, I am wide awake when he gets up :(

ETA: I used to sleep through ANYTHING but I think my mommy senses are starting to kick in. Yay parenthood!
  • What do you guys eat for Christmas dinner?
  • We have a repeat thanksgiving dinner as well. But with christmas baking!

Lamb and prime rib and then all the side dishes of thanksgiving, plus way more baked goods! Yuuuuuuum

BabyFetus Ticker

• Eija3014Eija3014 member
    edited December 2013

What do you guys eat for Christmas dinner?

Usually ham, because everyone's burnt out on turkey. And a lot of the same side dishes. Plus a ridiculous amount of Christmas desserts... Now I want baked ham. Mmmmmmmm.

edit: my quoting fails are getting old X(
  • I've never cooked a holiday meal and would like prime rib or ham, but turkey seems easiest.
  • KimC85 said:

I've never cooked a holiday meal and would like prime rib or ham, but turkey seems easiest.

Prime rib is actually ridiculously easy!  And the cleanup is so much easier than a turkey.  

Really? That would be wonderful! Maybe I could indulge in a glass if wine while I cook :)

We do repeat thanksgiving. Sometimes with ham instead of turkey, but usually turkey again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"