April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    i really really really want chocolate cake but 2 neighbors have already spun out trying to get out of their driveway i don't want to risk it... who delivers cake?
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

WARNING
    AW AW AW AW
    I AM 20W TODAY!! FINALLY!!!

So cute! I have that top too!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    no one is running delivery cuz of the ice... rawr! :( i have brownie mix but no eggs someone mention something tasty that i have at home stat so my brain will stop wanting chocolate cake!
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    TallaB said:
    no one is running delivery cuz of the ice... rawr! :( i have brownie mix but no eggs someone mention something tasty that i have at home stat so my brain will stop wanting chocolate cake!
    Do you have applesauce, bananas or flax seed?? All can be used in place of eggs! I cant gaurentee your brownies will come out the same because sometimes the replacer doesnt let them rise the same...but you can eat the batter raw!
    i have an older banana that i was going to use for a smoothie... do you think that'll work? its browning
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    snmetz7 said:

TallaB said:

snmetz7 said:

Do you have applesauce, bananas or flax seed?? All can be used in place of eggs! I cant gaurentee your brownies will come out the same because sometimes the replacer doesnt let them rise the same...but you can eat the batter raw!

i have an older banana that i was going to use for a smoothie... do you think that'll work? its browning

It should still work...it might give the chocolate a stronger banana flavor. Just as an fyi - of all the vegan baking I do without eggs brownies are the one thing that never come out the same! Ive had anywhere from great to yummy but flat...to incredibly dense...to tar like. I think its worth trying, but dont say I didnt warn you! Goodluck!

• Options
    It's almost 3:30 and I'm still in my pjs.
  • Options

Woke up this morning and my lips are really plump and dark pink. Is this a weird preg symptom I haven't heard of? I know nipples tend to darken, and lips are a mucous membrane....are the two connected? It's weirding me out....unless DH and I were sleep making out again...

It's totally normal. Lips up above and below the belt can get puffy and red and full looking.
  • Options
    I use applesauce in place of eggs all the time. I have a girl in my preschool class that's allergic and we bake a lot at school. Also you can use oil too... Just google egg substitutes for baking for conversion measurements.
  • Options
    Baby Boom is on.  I love this movie.
  • Options
    I made a chocolate chip cookie dessert using beans and it turned out decent but a little off-tasting. I haven't been able to try other dessert recipes with beans in it again.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    I've been having "moments" all day. Everyone is annoying me, I'm downing prunes, DH is writing (or not writing) a piece which makes him cranky which annoys me, my back hurts and I just want Tuesday to be over so that I don't have any hard work left before Christmas. I haven't been this cranky since the first tri. I don't like it! (Maybe I'm missing a little sunlight too.)
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Options

Pho is sooooo good. I'm full like tempelton in Charolettes Web.

Nap time!

Calli do we need to roll you to bed?
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    Pho is sooooo good. I'm full like tempelton in Charolettes Web. Nap time!
    I know exactly where to roll her right to!

• Options

Woke up this morning and my lips are really plump and dark pink. Is this a weird preg symptom I haven't heard of? I know nipples tend to darken, and lips are a mucous membrane....are the two connected? It's weirding me out....unless DH and I were sleep making out again...

It's totally normal. Lips up above and below the belt can get puffy and red and full looking.
    This answer made my day. Mostly because it took me a second to get what lips are "below the belt." I'm really slow today. =D>
    Lol glad you got it eventually. Your nose can swell too! Pretty much everything can swell lmao.
  • Options

Nap time!

100% yes.

My tummy sounds like a waterbed when I move from all the pho :)
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• Options
    TallaB said:

Nap time!

I know exactly where to roll her right to!

Kissing in the tree wasn't enough? You want more :x ;))
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• Options
    Grrr...I just tried to order some Christmas cards on vistaprint and while I was adding address labels the price of the cards changed from 50% off to 25% off.  Lame. Plus shipping was nuts.  I'm going to wait to find a better deal.  Anyone know of one right now?  I only need to order about 30 cards.
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    LoriMc12 said:

Grrr...I just tried to order some Christmas cards on vistaprint and while I was adding address labels the price of the cards changed from 50% off to 25% off.  Lame. Plus shipping was nuts.  I'm going to wait to find a better deal.  Anyone know of one right now?  I only need to order about 30 cards.

We ordered ours through tiny prints and was able to 30% off the order and entered a free shipping code! It was awesome, I just found them both on the website. I do have a 20% redemption code for you if they aren't doing the 30% anymore.
  • Options
    @LoriMc12 35% off till tomorrow: STEAL06 is the code.
  • Options
    i have been wanting to cook up the chickpeas in my cabinet forever so i did tonight and they smell soo good just waiting on the rice to be ready. hubs doesn't eat chickpeas so hes on his own for dinner.. sorry babe
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    snmetz7 said:
    @tallab , @embear22 the banana worked they were flat but yummy so thanks :)

Yay!! You know you have to share now, right?

• Options
    I'm cranky and I have a craving for really good creme brulee. I won't get creme brulee, and I'm pretty sure I'll stay cranky until I fall asleep. 
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Options
    @tallab I'm saving you some. I you let me know when you're almost here ill warm them up and put some vegan ice cram on it for ya!
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    You can substitute canned pumpkin In a pinch, too. I make chocolate cupcakes with a cup of pumpkin and a cup of water- DH doesn't know. They're more dense than a fluffy cupcake but they're super moist and you don't taste the pumpkin. I've used it in brownies too- that was an emergency....

imageimage
  • Options
    aronie82 said:
    Opinions on breathable bumpers?
    I'm personally against them.  The strings that are used to attach them are still considered to be a possible strangulation hazard, and I'd be concerned with them being a strangulation hazard themselves if they came loose.  I'll admit I've been trained to excess on crib and carseat safety for my job though, so I'm probably more of a stickler than most.
  • Options
    TallaB said:

Ugh! I hate when you're pinning...and you find something you LOVE, but the pin goes no where! I don't want to see a larger picture, I want to know how to get it!!

I always try and pop the picture into a google image search to see if I can find any more info... Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but it's worth a shot.

I also hate when it's something awesome and it goes to tumblr or a weird blog with no other info. Bleh.
  • Options
    The board is quiet tonight...
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am going to a Christmas party that one of DH's work friends and wife host every year.  We always only know a few other people there and it is awkward because most of the guests have been friends for years and I always feel like we are crashing someone's party.  I'm especially not looking forward to it because I can't even drink to make myself more sociable.  At least there will be good food!
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    So I broke down and started using the thermometer for my baths DH was mad I might be hard boiling the babe without it.

• Options
    DH just made me chocolate cookies :)
  • Options
    snmetz7 said:

The board is quiet tonight...

It's been a wild week around here

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"