April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    I'm sorry @natprit ((hugs))
    embear22 said:

I want to go knock on the neighbors door down the street and ask the little girl where in the f are my Girl Scout cookies!? It's been 3 weeks :( how long does it take normally?

My niece said ours will arrive the week of the 15th
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A friend of mine had her baby today. She just told me that she labored at home until she was 7cm. She had went to the hospital but was only 1cm and 10% effaced so they sent her home. How far along are you when they finally let you stay? I like the idea of staying home for awhile but I am scared to wait too long and have the baby in the car. How do you know it is time to go to the hospital vs waiting it out?
    I don't know if its the same, but, at our hospital they can offer to send you home, but, if you really want to say they won't force you to go home. Maybe its different there? The idea being that you are more comfortable laboring at home...
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Options
    A friend of mine had her baby today. She just told me that she labored at home until she was 7cm. She had went to the hospital but was only 1cm and 10% effaced so they sent her home. How far along are you when they finally let you stay? I like the idea of staying home for awhile but I am scared to wait too long and have the baby in the car. How do you know it is time to go to the hospital vs waiting it out?
    I am so happy you asked this.  I thought you go when your water breaks.  You're supposed to labor at home?
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    @katieharpiceland I know my heart is breaking for her, puts my bad day into perspective.
  • Options
    Bubbly bath salt fail. I was supposed to use scented body wash and like 1 tbsp of oil. Well I uses Castile soap because I'm trying to keep it as natural as possible and I put more olive oil than I probably should. Well needless to say, there are no bubbles and the Epsom salt isn't dissolving.

Does Castile soap not foam?
    Can Epsom salt go bad? (This stuff is old)
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    J&NL said:
    Bubbly bath salt fail. I was supposed to use scented body wash and like 1 tbsp of oil. Well I uses Castile soap because I'm trying to keep it as natural as possible and I put more olive oil than I probably should. Well needless to say, there are no bubbles and the Epsom salt isn't dissolving. Does Castile soap not foam? Can Epsom salt go bad? (This stuff is old)
    I think you need sodium laurel sulfate to make it bubble. Most natural products don't have it in there because it can be bad for your skin. Don't know about epsom salt going bad though?
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Options
    J&NL said:
    Anyone else feel like their kid trying to push a hole through your stomach?? LO was poking out so hard earlier it was painful.
    Yes! This is happening to me today. LO just woke me up from my nap because she was pushing so hard.

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    jellysparklesJessieann1020poru, I put in my two weeks at work and will make sure I read up on this when I am at home!  I have been in sweet sweet denial about my due date around the corner and feel stupid because I should have read up on this by now, especially because of the twins...  maybe I should prioritize books over TV, that would be nice.

• Options
    I'm totally willing to have my first HDBD tomorrow in my PJs, no shame. 
  • Options
    @KatieGummow I've also read that only about 14% of people actually experience water breaking to begin labor. The majority have their water break between 8-9 cm dilated and often the doctor will break it at that point if it didn't rupture naturally.

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @katiegummow I'm supposed to call if the contractions are 10 min apart. I don't think they want to mess around with the twins. I also have to deliver in the OR. Right now it's looking like I will go vaginal but they deliver in the OR incase the second baby won't cooperate.
    Mom to 10 year old DS and 7 year old DD. Twin girls coming soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In my past experiences my waters never broke on their own. With my first contractions started 6 in the morning, had a doc appt at 4 pm, I was 5 cm dialted by then and he had me go over to L&D. Had her at 10 pm. 

My second, contractions started 8:45 pm and by 5 I was headed to the hospital (30 min drive) and 10 mins in triage she was bulging out but still in sack. Had her at 6:30 in the morning. 

Each doctor has their own recommendations. I have a different doc this time so I need to ask again his time frame. 

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    snmetz7snmetz7 member
    edited February 2014
    @Vinny, I'm only doing it for the gold star!

June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    MegJ17 said:
    @katiegummow I'm supposed to call if the contractions are 10 min apart. I don't think they want to mess around with the twins. I also have to deliver in the OR. Right now it's looking like I will go vaginal but they deliver in the OR incase the second baby won't cooperate.
    Good point, my OB did give me a list of what to look for and to call her ASAP if I experience any of them.  I get to labor in the hospital labor room, but also have to deliver in the OR.  

• Options
    Met with my boss again today. Feeling at peace about not returning to full time work, yet at the same time a bit anxious. DH still doesn't have any prospects for full time employment and the clock is ticking. It's amazing how I can still feel so hopeful and secure about everything, though at this point nothing is certain.
    One step at a time.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    Ugh, I think I just experienced my first Braxton Hicks - I felt like I had a rock on my stomach.

I feel just awful for Beth. It just isn't fair.

• Options
    I feel so bad for Beth too.  It definitely puts things into perspective.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Finally just catching up from the day. I can't even imagine what Beth is going through right now.

Update on DD's appointment....physical exam says she is healthy but they are concerned about the recurring fevers and that they get to 102+ degrees. Blood work was ordered to rule out infection and we should get the results tomorrow.  Doctors are leaning towards Peridioc Fever Syndrome if her blood work doesn't show anything, and that might result in more test.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My birth class instructor said back pressure helped a TON for back labor for both of her births.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    No school tomorrow... And the snow has not started yet...
    photo 312e02a9-ef9a-4648-8979-09b4ab630d04_zpsa744d068-1.jpgphoto 26efec1e-a9a8-4abc-adae-e4ac57e9ed07_zpscb2707ed.jpgimagephoto 6de80a6c-9b11-48ea-934b-3d2f0e56825f_zps84077925.jpg photo bea969e4-3c22-42e7-af6a-f4e3450c2fd7_zps664ddd2f.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy%20ticker
    imagephoto b971e7ea-a08a-41e0-bdee-a8d0f48bb027_zps8d92a1f9.png
  • Options
    I miss Advil and NyQuil. I can't wait until that is back on the table...
  • Options

No school tomorrow... And the snow has not started yet...

Ditto. Tack it onto the unpaid leave in June. Boooo.
  • Options
    FTM question: will I know if LO flips to head down? I only feel kicks lower and nowhere up high. And I keep hearing different timelines on when she should flip.
  • Options

FTM question: will I know if LO flips to head down? I only feel kicks lower and nowhere up high. And I keep hearing different timelines on when she should flip.

I can feel when they flip, but it could be because it is a tighter space with two. It's kinda cute cause you can feel his little bum poking out when he flips :)

• Options
    mmm potato cakes and salad bar!
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Someone sometime posted a video about breastfeeding. Anyone remember the link?

2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    @thomas930
    I'm glad they are taking it seriously, hopefully you'll had an answer soon and it's nothing to worry about!

My heart breaks for Beth and her sweet baby girl. I just don't understand things like this.

As far as going to the hospital and when they'll admit you. I wasn't admitted into the birth center until I was 5cm. It is recommended you wait as long as reasonable before heading to the hospital. It's shown that the earlier ou go the more likely you will need interventions. Laboring at home is best (doulas are great for this). Each doc will have a number or rule to follow about when to call and they should tell you soon what that is.
    Also if your water breaks, call your doc to give them a heads up but unless instructed to do so, there is no reason to go in right away. Wait for contractions to start or your doc tells you your time is up and to come in.

Obviously things may be different for twins!

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

• Options
    KimC85 said:

At what point should I be concerned about BH? I've been having them since just after five, not painful and not even slightly consistent. It's only when they're timeable right?

I've had them pretty much the entire time, very often. I was told if you lay down and have a glass of water and continue to have more than four in an hour to call.

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

• Options
    kcp913 said:

Someone sometime posted a video about breastfeeding. Anyone remember the link?

@BiggerinRealLife - https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12245148/if-you-plan-to-bf#latest
    You rock!
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    embear22 said:

Booo i clicked on the main page and it tells me I've missed 15.4k comments LOL... I opened the RTT and it went to page 2.

That would be A LOT of reading to catch up on!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    It's official HDBD makes me too self conscience to participate now.

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"