April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    I had to skip a bunch of posts as this week has been crazy so I hope this hasn't been talk.ed about... But is anyone having issues with the new bump baby app? Whenever I go into a post and then go back the posts are no longer being displayed as most recent- I have to close the app and then reopen.... Super annoying!
  • Options
    SarahL2P said:

Same with my app...it does update if I hit the refresh circle at the top right though (as opposed to having to close and open the app).

Thanks- the refresh button is hit and miss for me, I am probably just too impatient
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Me when we pulled in to ILs: "Who's the silver car...?"
    DH: "... that's our car, dingdong. We're in the van."
    Me: "OH. Wow. Guess I do need to nap when I get home!"

I did something similar. DH had a chip in the windhsield of his car. We were driving and I realized I couldn't see the chip. I asked him when he got it fixed and he looked at me like I was nuts and reminded me that we were in MY car...
  • Options
    Vinny424 said:
    Aunt Flo came back and I blame @edoliesmom‌
    Sorry!! X_X
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    Vinny424 said:
    Some girl on m15 talking about hcg injections for a diet and possibly pregnant.
    march or may?  Now that I've read the parenting dramz I need more.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kkaew816 said:But is anyone having issues with the new bump baby app? Whenever I go into a post and then go back the posts are no longer being displayed as most recent- I have to close the app and then reopen.... Super annoying!

This kind of fuckery is going on for me on the computer, too.  I think it's some sort of a bug between my (new/updated) app and the computer version.  It shows me just fine which threads are new/have new replies on mobile, but it won't on the computer no matter how many times I refresh things until I manually click on page 1 of the board, even though that's where I always leave it.

Not like I get to get on the computer very often anymore, but still... annoying.

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    Morning ladies. I'm joining the DH is sick moan.

Though I feel like a bad wife... He was complaining he was sick yesterday but he looked fine so I told him to just suck it up (he's SAHD) and went to work. When I got home last night he kept making complaints and saying I would probably need to stay home the next day - we are allowed to take paid sick leave to look after family members.

Last night he slept in the other room to make sure he got a good nights sleep (thats a whole other discussion) but in the end didn't sleep well at all (I got 8 hrs straight! woo hoo!). I said I'll go to work, just try things for an hour or so and see how it goes, he could always call and I could come home. As a joke I took his temperature right before I left.

So I am at home, LO is napping and he is sleeping in the spare room. 
    Yep, I feel like a complete bitch for not realising how sick he was and telling him to suck it up.
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    Also I want to beat my head against the wall until these teeth come through. Poor guy is so whiny and fussy all day long...we both need a glass of scotch, in my expert opinion. Le boo
    Still waiting for the teething to end with DS1...he's 2.all the scotch.
  • Options
    Vinny424 said:
    May. what parenting drama?
    Page two, Hey guys Hey
  • Options

Henry's 6 month appt was today and he weighed 22 lbs and is 28 inches long! I know he's a big boy but do people (DH's fam) really have to call him fatso, & tubby EVERY freakin time? b-( Makes me irrationally angry.

I feel you. DS is 5.5 months and 23lbs. I get so tired of hearing "he's a BIG boy" and "OMG he's HUGE!" Just STFU already. The doctor never says a word about it except for the fact that he's healthy.

BFP 8/9/2013
    EDD for our baby boy 4/14/2014
    Eli Thomas born 4/22/2014

• Options
    I'm so confused by the Parenting drama, so I'm not even going to attempt to investigate it!

• Options
    Someone at the company I used to work for is winning the Nobel Prize in chemistry. I used to walk by his lab every day.
    How amazing!  We bought our house from an organic chemist who took his family yearly to Sweden to work on stuff presented to the Nobel committee (does that sound right?)
  • Options
    RedBird11 said:
    Henry's 6 month appt was today and he weighed 22 lbs and is 28 inches long! I know he's a big boy but do people (DH's fam) really have to call him fatso, & tubby EVERY freakin time? b-( Makes me irrationally angry.
    I feel you. DS is 5.5 months and 23lbs. I get so tired of hearing "he's a BIG boy" and "OMG he's HUGE!" Just STFU already. The doctor never says a word about it except for the fact that he's healthy.
    I can commiserate.  My LO smiles constantly and at everyone.  I constantly get "Oh my gosh, he's so SMILEY!" or "Wow, he's always so HAPPY!"  I don't even know what to say anymore.  
  • Options
    lia619 said:

Why would anyone call a baby fat, fatso, tubby or whatever? That's so rude!

I endearingly call my baby all of these (except fatso) and more! I'm with @snowbound - I love fat babies. :)

• Options
    So we got our new house keys today. The house is so perfect for us! We then went shopping for hours to get stuff for the new house. When we got home we discovered our air conditioning is broken. We called the 24 hr maintenance line, they sent a guy out but it can't get fixed until tomorrow. It was way too hot to sleep in the house tonight, so we loaded both boys up and went to a hotel. I'm exhausted
  • Options
    Vinny424 said:
    I call DS tub tub. I think of fat baby as a compliment.
    I sing "Mrs. Fat Stuff" to Edolie to the tune of "Mr. Big Stuff" ;))

• Options
    Guys, I need FWP help. This is my dining table. I need to clean it off to have space to make my yummy salsa, but I'm feeling supremely lazy and every time I look at it I kind of grunt and go do something else.

Anyone wanna verbally kick my ass? :P

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    I call him cute names like chunky monkey! Don't get me wrong I've always wanted a chunky baby and I love it. But fatso just seems so harsh to me.

On another note...I need some birthday cake flavored chips ahoy cookies that are calling my name. BUT, I'm trying so hard to get back to my pre preg weight. :(( screw it!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    It's so hard to stop eating like I'm pregnant!!! Eat them!! :D
  • Options
    @meg.eliz1 I'm so sorry for your family's loss, and hope that your FIL will be feeling better in time for the funeral, and that his condition is not too serious. I'll be thinking of you.
  • Options

If I'm making 2 loaves of banana bread, do I bake twice as long?

Probably not. I baked two pans of cornbread the other night for the amount of time as 1, and it cooked all the way through.

• Options
    Seriously considering going to Boston for spring break instead of San Antonio... 8->

• Options
    Never mind. Apparently there's not a whole lot of historical landmarks in Boston. I basically just want to live the National Treasure movie. I want to go somewhere centrally located so we can go to all those places fairly quickly and easily!

• Options
    Vinny424 said:

Never mind. Apparently there's not a whole lot of historical landmarks in Boston. I basically just want to live the National Treasure movie. I want to go somewhere centrally located so we can go to all those places fairly quickly and easily!

There isn't?!?! The Salem witch trials? The start of the revolutionary war?! Boston massacre?!?! The boston tea party?!??,?museum of fine arts?!?!?!?!? Museum of science?!?!????!??! Fanuel hall?!?!?????!??!??!
    I don't remember any of those being in National Treasure, madam! lol But seriously, I would love to visit there on our trip if that's where we go, but would like to be somewhere where we can go to DC and Philadelphia... I have no idea how far apart these places are though. :-S

• Options
    Geez Louise! DC to Boston is 7.5 hours! :((

• Options
    Vinny424 said:

Holy fuck I drive over cobblestones all the time because there so historic that people shit bricks whenever anyone wants to rip them out. Plus the mills!! This place is a history book. The only other place you could go for this stuff is probably DC

Sorry if I offended you, Vinny. :( I was just going off of what my husband said. I was like, "What if we go to Boston for spring break instead..!?!" He asked why Boston? I told him because of all the historical places. He asked like what? And I was like ...the liberty bell! He told me that's in Philly. So I was like Oh. I want to see all the stuff in National Treasure then. So yeah... I need to take another history class basically.

• Options
    Vinny424 said:

Hahaha I'm not offended in the slightest! More just baffled that someone said this place doesn't have historical landmarks. It's like saying Texas doesn't have cows! Blasphemy

Well I know it's filled with history, but I was thinking more about the really well-known, obvious, touristy kind of places. But yeah, I'm pretty ridiculous. Sorry! =\

• Options
    Lesson learned, do not take LO out past his bedtime no matter what.  Ugh.
  • Options
    So, now that the sun is up... We went out to the fair last night.  Shouldn't have been a problem, but DH got off work late.  We said whatever and went anyway.  DS loved it, especially the animals, but it was 830 by the time we got home.  He went right down, but was up again at nine, cried on and off until his 10pm feeding, up at 12, cried on and off until the 1pm feeding.  Cried from 2-3, ate again at 4, and finally slept mostly until 7.

And DH had the nerve during one of these to ask me to turn off the baby monitor so he could sleep.  I flipped out and said something about just sleeping on the couch and he got pissy.  Yay.  He slept through all the other wake ups anyway.  And is still asleep.  Grr.
  • Options
    Shitty night's sleep here too. Maybe teeth. Maybe demons. He was up at 930, 1030, 1130, 245, and 445. And I have a job interview today that I'm going to be totally comatose for.
    I know I've needed to sleep train this kid and have just been waiting till his 6-month checkup for "permission" from the pedi. Appointment is tomorrow.
    No shame here. I need sleep to function at work, to earn money to support my family. I can't keep being a zombie.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    eme520 said:

@Teresa1896‌ Good luck on your interview! FWIW I give my permission ;)

Thanks! Good enough for me! :-)

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"