1st Trimester
Options

What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

Re: What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

• Options
    Help! Is this positive or an Evap line?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• Options
    @stephweinstein that looks like a positive to me! That's what my first one looked like that freaked me out enough to take 6 more!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Help! Is this positive or an Evap line?

Looks positive to me. Try a digital.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Thanks all! Tried a digital and received "pregnant!" First day of my last period was 9/28. EDD 7/4/16!. @ewck @ttcours2015

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• Options
    Used EPT. 5 and ten days after missed period. I just didn't believe it
  • Options
    Used EPT. 5 and ten days after missed period. I just didn't believe it
    Congrats!
  • Options
    These were October 17, I was 12 DPO and found out we were 3w1d pregnant (I O'd early). I had been testing since 9DPO and getting BFNs. I had cramps (which haven't gone away yet, ugh!) And a terrible headache that I woke up with. I tested with the dollar store one, suuuuper faint line, I don't think you can see it in the picture. Then used a FRER and a digital later on that day.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

These were October 17, I was 12 DPO and found out we were 3w1d pregnant (I O'd early). I had been testing since 9DPO and getting BFNs. I had cramps (which haven't gone away yet, ugh!) And a terrible headache that I woke up with. I tested with the dollar store one, suuuuper faint line, I don't think you can see it in the picture. Then used a FRER and a digital later on that day.

If you know when you ovulated, you don't have to count from your LMP. Just add two weeks from when you ovulated, and that's how far along you are.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

If you know when you ovulated, you don't have to count from your LMP. Just add two weeks from when you ovulated, and that's how far along you are.
    Huh, even though I O'd at cd 11?
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Yeah. Dating from LMP assumes 28 day cycles, 14 days before ovulation, 14 days after. If you know when you O'ed, then you don't have to use LMP, you can just tack 2 weeks onto your O date.
  • Options

Yep, from the moment of conception, you are "two weeks pregnant". It's an old system doctors still use for some reason.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    noelietrexnoelietrex member
    edited October 2015
    Just wanted to post for the light line ladies wondering if squinters count (they count!) The digital confirmation feels a lot better though- I highly suggest both!

ETA: 11 DPO confirmed by BBT
  • Options
    Every day from 9DPO to due date
  • Options
    I have just discovered i am also pregnant, two faint lines, and i have been told to do a pink dye test, we are excited but dont want to get our hopes up as yet
  • Options
    First Response 14 DPO..Had a negative clear blue digital at 11 DPO
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    12 and 13 dpo sorry for sideways pics :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So I'm gonna start with a little back story. On July 20th I found out I was pregnant on Aug 4 after multiple ER visits I was told that my baby was gone. Fast forward to Oct 25. My breasts have been very tender similar to when I was pregnant so I hope maybe. So I came home from work around 4 pm and took a test and forgot about it. But AF isn't due until 11/2 so I just knee it was gonna be negative bit when I looked at it there was a faint positive. This test is from this morning and it's the best positive I've got since then
  • Options
    Mine poped up right away I was about 6 weeks . I used the cheap brand from the dollar general.
  • Options
    Unfortunately First Response Early Result test didn't work for me until my missed period. I tested with it at 12 DPO and got a BFN. Waited two days, still BFN.  I was positive I wasn't pregnant, but then on the second day of my missed period I tested again as I'm never late and got the faintest of faint lines - so faint I wasn't sure if I was just trying to convince myself that I was seeing something. I wasn't sure, and DH wasn't at all convinced even after I told him any line counts. I bought a Clear Blue Easy digital (with the countdown and weeks pregnant) and it came up "pregnant." Seeing the actual word convinced both of us! I thought the TWW was bad - but at only 5 weeks now it's the 7WW to tell everyone!    :-\"
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats, everyone!!

I got two faint BFPs on FRER, and just this morning got a BFP on a Pregnosis Instream test (Australian brand). This was the latter:
  • Options
    Spent .88 cents on this one 10 days late and $6 one one I took later that day came out negative guess I got excited >_> but tested again the next morning and a positive!! Couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    Here is my test today. To the doc tomorrow to find out for sure!
  • Options

Here is my test today. To the doc tomorrow to find out for sure!

That looks very positive to me. Confused why you need to go to the doctor for verification. Have you been seeing an RE for fertility treatments?

• Options
    I took my test around 2 weeks after my period should have started, so approximately 6 weeks pregnant. The test line was so much darker than the control line.

• Options
    I used the CVS brand and it worked fine! I don't know if it might give more false negatives or something, but I got a nice bold blue +! I also didn't do it early--7 weeks (irregular cycles so I actually wasn't even expecting the positive haha).
  • Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    DH was excited but not impressed because of the faint line. He asked me how many tests you have to take before you're actually considered pregnant. Um....one? :)
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    CosmoAnne1CosmoAnne1 member
    edited November 2015
    The First response came up faintly positive 6 days before my expected period. The digital came up 4 days before my expected period.
  • Options
    A day before my period was to start took a test
  • Options
    bhendr90bhendr90 member
    edited November 2015
    I these Womdfo tests! Bought a 50 pack online for $20. Tested the day before my missed period (I may have gone overboard. Lol)
  • Options
    My FRER From this morning, 11dpo and 6 days before my missed period.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    I can't believe it, I'm so excited and happy but I really don't want to get my hopes up in case anything bad happens.. is there any way this could be a false positive or something?! 
  • Options
    SH777 said:

I can't believe it, I'm so excited and happy but I really don't want to get my hopes up in case anything bad happens.. is there any way this could be a false positive or something?! 

It looks positive but every time I have taken a blue dye test they always look positive even when I'm not pregnant. Take a first response early results pink dye just to make sure. I hope it is positive for you.
  • Options
    My very strong positive at 12DPO this morning. I was REALLY surprised
  • Options
    This is what came up. Am I pregnant?
  • Options
    @brookiemommy1212 you might want to take another test that is not broken so that you are sure if its reading correctly
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just wanted to add mine! Still can't believe I'm pregnant though! I actually took 3 digital but the very first one came up with an error message saying to look at the instructions. I think I didn't hold it in my urine long enough. I am so excited though! I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow.
  • Options
    This is what came up. Am I pregnant?
    I don't think this test says anything about pregnancy. The control line is there, and it looks like the dye didn't get to move appropriate due to the broken test. I'd say there's a 20% chance you are pregnant if you had perfectly timed sex based upon charting your CM and BBT using fertility friend (for the record, we all have a 20% chance each cycle given these circumstances if there are no known fertility issues).
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016