1st Trimester
Options

What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

Re: What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

• Options
    Clauni27Clauni27 member
    edited September 2015
    This is my 6th test in 5 days. Cramping, feeling nauseated, and my breasts are a very surprising size but I couldn't be happier! I still can't believe it. Hence taking 6 test in 5 days.
  • Options
    FRER tested at 11 DPO at around 6:00 p.m. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I don't have a pic of my FRER but the line was so faint I don't think it would even be visible in a picture. Both of my tests were taken on 10 DPO, after 5:30 p.m. I do have a picture of my Clear Blue Digital, and that one is really obvious: 

Edit: picture fail
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My period was suppose to start today, 2 lines :)

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Digital is my gold standard. I keep the internet wondfo's for other testing, in my experience they do not detect early pregnancy very well as the lines are very difficult to see early.  So if I see something that might look like a positive on those then I use a $1.00 test from Dollar Tree.  They have never been wrong in 8 years for me and I have taken many of them.  The only thing with those tests is you do not look for evap lines and throw the test away after the time limit.  If I see something with Dollar Tree too, no matter how light the second line is, as long as it is within the time limit I use the digital.   But that really isn't needed, but it is nice to have it spelled out clearly as "pregnant".
  • Options
    What does everyone think?
  • Options
    Took a frer Sep. 9 with my boyfriend. Definitely two lines. In fact he's the one holding it lml
  • Options
    Got my positive today :)
  • Options
    Quite faint.... But I see it! Read that blue dye isn't reliable! But feeling hopeful :) will test again in the morning! Thoughts?
  • Options
    The first test the line showed up right at the end of the 10 minute window so I had to test again With a FRER to make sure it wasn't an evap line.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    I got a positive on Wondfo on 11DPO. Confirmed with FRER later that night! But got BFN on digital. Went in for a blood draw and had an HCG of 21 on 11 DPO.

Took a digital on the afternoon of 12 DPO and got my digital BFP. Looks like Clear Blue Easy Digital (not weeks estimator) needs at least 25 HCG for positive.

I'm 13 DPO today and all test are now much darker. Yes I keep POAS because I'm crazy!

BFP #1  7/19/15, CP 7/26/15
    BFP #2  9/17/15, EDD 5/28/15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I used the first pink ones at night. Then took another one (clear blue) the next morning :D
  • Options
    I took a variety of test. They all starting being positive at 4 weeks
  • Options
    5 weeks pregnant!!! Had 2 miscarriages... Praying to God this one is successful! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Not sure if I'm losing my mind... I think there was too much urine on the test (the circular window certainly seems to show that) but there's a sort of diagonal line at the top that appeared after about a minute. I'm going to test again tomorrow, but who knows, maybe this will be a first BFP!

(This is with a CVS Early Result Test btw)

• Options
    I've tried all kinds of tests, however last time I tried a digi, it just had this little clock on it for twenty minutes lol
  • Options
    I took the bottom test yesterday and it was first POSA experience so I'm glad it was a BFP. The top one I took this morning in front of DH cause he wanted to see how they worked and felt like maybe it'd feel more real it he saw it changing! I guess the fact that the top one is darker is a good sign!!
  • Options
    These were mine first response 10 dpo and 12 dpo
  • Options
    First one was 10 dpo, second was the day of my missed period. I did one at 9dpo as well and it was a very faint line but still showed up! It was a dollar general one too.
  • Options
    My last period started July 31 and I didn't get it August or this month but took 3 tests, all negative. This morning, because it seemed my PMS symptoms were worse than usual, I took one not expecting to get a BFP...

Took 3 more tests after this, all positive!
  • Options
    Think I'm paranoid much!? Lol. The last one on bottom is from this morning. 12dpo. I've been cramping in waves all day today, waves of queeziness and boobs are off and on super sore too. Still in utter disbelief. Lol ... 
    DH - 24; Me: 26
    Married 3/7/15
    Expecting Baby #1: 06/06/2016
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    So happy cant wait till may didnt think this moment would ever happen love my little jellybean
  • Options
    I'm hoping to get to a doctor soon, because I did these a few hours ago! FRER gold digital is the test I used.
  • Options
    I used a CVS test last night and there is a faint blue line (I didn't trust it! ) so I used a FRER this morning and the pink line was much more reassuring!

Me: 27 
    Love of my life: 41 
    Step-mother to an amazing 13-year-old boy 
    TTC starting August 2015 

• Options
    MissCardamoneMissCardamone member
    edited September 2015
    Thoughts? It's almost invisible, but this is a cheapie from Walmart. Maybe I'm imagining this line?!
  • Options
    Someone help me! I can't stop pee'ing on sticks! All positive within a minute or two. From top to bottom:
    13dpo a.m. Wondfo
    13dpo a.m. Wondfo
    13dpo a.m. FRER
    13dpo p.m. Wondfo
    14dpo a.m. Wondfo
    15dpo a.m. Wondfo
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    Well I am Hoping this is what a VERY FAINT positive looks like... If I am correct I would be 12dpo, I can't tell if I am going crazy though! The picture is sideways I couldn't flip it.
  • Options
    I took two first response test and was really confused. The one line was very dark and I thought it was the control line. Turns out it was the test line and I was very much pregnant. I took the clear blue just to be sure and it was definitely positive. I was 5 weeks when I took my tests.
  • Options
    met06 said:

Well I am Hoping this is what a VERY FAINT positive looks like... If I am correct I would be 12dpo, I can't tell if I am going crazy though! The picture is sideways I couldn't flip it.

I see it!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I finally got my BFP today! I want to guess I'm about five weeks along, but the doctor will let me know for sure next week! :)
  • Options
    FRER test was positive at 4 weeks 1 day! First appointment is scheduled for next Thursday. So excited!
  • Options
    Wanted to share this for any future ladies searching the boards about the hook effect! I'm exactly 6 weeks today and have been continuing to test due to previous loss. I know there is a school of thought that a line is a line, but that has not been the case for me in the past so I find comfort in seeing that line get really dark!

My line was darker than control a few days ago and today it started to go back to the same color as the control. I diluted my urine by half and then diluted it even further and here are the results....my line went back to what it was a few days ago.

I wish I knew my betas, but I'm guessing 20,000+ from my previous betas doubling every 48 hours.

BFP #1  7/19/15, CP 7/26/15
    BFP #2  9/17/15, EDD 5/28/15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I used a First response I believe...and it showed up legit immediately. I was right around 3w 4d
    a.26
    j.27

haylee.mckenzie.addison.brayden.

• Options
    I'm so confused. I took the first response digital about 4 hours ago which clearly says yes, just took an EPT and its negative? Ughhhh!
  • Options
    Dollar tree HCG test and FRER , 5 days after missed period...
  • Options
    Trying not to get too excited but took a test yesterday (no pic) and had a line similar to this and just got this this morning. Can I start to get excited yet?!?
  • Options

Trying not to get too excited but took a test yesterday (no pic) and had a line similar to this and just got this this morning. Can I start to get excited yet?!?

IMO that's definitely a line. Congrats!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! Just got back from blood test at doctor and they confirmed bfp!! Aaahhh!!!
  • Options

Had the same thing... Confirmed with a digital this morning. Gonna go to the doctor in the next week or so!

Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20