August 2024 Moms
Options

Question Thread

124»

Re: Question Thread

• Options
    Anyone else here taking a vitamin c supplement? I am taking with iron daily but I can absolutely not tolerate the overly orange taste of them. I get nauseous thinking about it. Does anyone have a supplement they recommend that doesn’t taste awful?
  • Options
    @theneno1012 I know you can take your iron with orange juice to help with absorption but I realize that still has the orange flavour! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Has anyone successfully dealt with sciatic pain? I was definitely sore last pregnancy but the pain I get this time is crazy. I’ve been trying to put heat on it and sleep now with a pillow between my legs but I’m hoping for a permanent solution. I literally can’t walk on it sometimes. 
  • Options
    @michelene19 I think that's normal! Both my kids have been late night jungle gym members in my belly.  
  • Options
    Anyone starting to feel achy? Feeling the need to get a belly band? 
    I’m almost 20 weeks and definitely starting to feel like my belly is expanding. 
  • Options
    Have you tried stretching out the muscles around the area? A figure four hip stretch on your back is a good one. 
  • Options
    I’ll do that! Thanks for the suggestion 
  • Options
    Anyone struggling with the heat? It hasn’t been hot by me yet but today is an abnormally hot day for this time of year and man is it getting to me. I’m afraid it’s going to be a rough summer! 
  • Options
    sph97sph97 member
    Yes! We was outside most of the day yesterday and I realized how horrible this summer might be. Thank goodness my husbands grandma has a pool! Hopefully that will help, especially in third trimester 
  • Options
    Speaking of pools I ordered an avocado pool float, the seed pops out which leaves a nice open area for belly lying while in the pool, beach, etc
  • Options
    Yes I have a pool thank god! But I love the beach and I don’t see that happening this summer. Oh the sacrifices we have to make lol! That avocado float sounds so cute 
  • Options
    Anyone else not showing much or is plus sized and not looking pregnant? I am 24 weeks and this is my third pregnancy. Nobody that doesn’t KNOW, knows I’m expecting when they see me as I still just look fat. I am larger, (275 lbs 5’6) which I accept, and is larger than with my last two, but I feel sad that I may not ever LOOK pregnant with this one. She’s definitely in there and I definitely have a bump, but my size makes it hard to tell. I know it’s vain and dumb but makes me sad. 
  • Options
    Anyone ankles swelled at 23 weeks? I'm scared I could have preeclampsia but I don't have any other symptoms 
  • Options
    @lolothenailtech that sounds frustrating, bumps are so so different for everyone I’m learning! I’m 21 weeks and barely showing — also don’t think anyone would know unless I told them. I’m tall (5’10) so it’s just part of my build probably. Looking at baby’s growth charts and how much they grow in the third trimester I bet small bumps won’t last!
  • Options
    Anyone else's little one "forcing" them to eat healthier? I find most desserts taste too sweet now.  Fruit tastes amazing now.  Whenever I eat out I get full a lot faster and get more thirsty when I eat anything with too much salt in it.  I'm loving that I'm staying more hydrated and eating better, but it's not something I was expecting.
  • Options
    I’ve found that with this pregnancy too! LO loves salads and anything citrus. 
  • Options
    I wish!! Lol
  • Options
    I literally feel nauseous if I eat something sugary without anything else! Good to prevent overconsumption but sometimes all I want is a brownie lol. 
  • Options
    sph97sph97 member
    How long are you taking maternity leave?

I'm a teacher due right before school starts and I want to take my 12 weeks (all I can legally take) but other teachers are kind of making me feel guilty about how long I’ll be out of the classroom.

My first was born a month before summer so I had 16 weeks with him, and I’m already feeling partially robbed with this baby but the thought of coming back at 6-8 weeks is SO SOON to me!

I keep getting “wow look at all that time you’ll have off” comments like it’s a vacation. I’ll likely have baby early since I went into preterm labor with my first- but still.

Are you taking your whole leave? Do you feel guilty about it? 

Being a teacher- I want what’s best for my students but my babies come first. I’m going to have 25+ more classrooms of kids, but my kids are MY KIDS. 
  • Options
    I HATED having to go back to work 8 weeks after my first kiddo was born (long story). Take the 12 weeks. You won’t regret it. Like you said, your babies come first. The other teachers will figure it out. The kids in the classroom will adjust. No need to feel guilt. 💞
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else, I am taking the full 12 weeks with no guilt and would take longer if I could. 
  • Options
    12 weeks, possibly 16. My company provides 4 weeks paid on top of the 12 weeks FMLA or can take them concurrently and get paid for most of the 12 weeks. Still undecided 
  • Options
    Anyone else have one of those days where you feel guilty about everything even though nothing bad comes from it?
    So far I feel bad for delaying my husband 2 minutes to show him something my mom sent me for Spud.
    I forgot to order pads for the litter box, so Tank will have to wait half an hour before he can go outside.
    Taking time to go to the gym even though it's good for me and Spud.
    Eating an apple and some rye bread for lunch because that sounded good, but not gonna have any veggies until I get back from the gym.
  • Options
    Anyone listen to any good pregnancy podcasts?