October 2022 Moms

The Great Big Question Thread!

1151617181921»

Re: The Great Big Question Thread!

• my mom had a 9lb baby (my older brother) unmediated vaginally. he was in 0-3 month instead of newborn when he was born. but also i’ve seen alot of times when doctors somehow were just totally off with baby size so i would just bring two sizes of clothing. my baby is predicted to be average but both me and the father were small babies so i’m being newborn sizes and a preemie size outfit to the hospital. anything that doesn’t fit or you can’t use you could always donate or let baby grow into
  • I need help. I am several days past my due date and the baby is measuring 42 weeks and almost 10lbs. I had an induction scheduled for yesterday and the hospital cancelled it two hours before we were supposed to check in due to a full hospital. They have not been able to provide a reschedule date. Before becoming pregnant, I was a super happy, positive, go-getter, motivated person. Since becoming pregnant, I have felt powerless, out-of-control, hopeless and on and off depressed. I had (and still have) extreme gender depression since we found out the sex back in April, which I know is so silly because obviously there is a 50-50 chance it could be either. I am in so much pain as I’m pretty sure the largeness of the baby bruised or maybe even fractured my ribs. I have had zero signs that labor is coming, and I’m getting more depressed by the day. I feel resentful and angry towards the baby and already like a horrible mom and person. I have never had feelings like this in my life and I’m scared it will only get worse when he’s born, especially as I worry there is a very tough birth ahead with a big possibility of a c section because of his size (something I have prayed would not happen). I know I can’t resent a baby, but I have awful feelings towards him and this entire year. I know these feelings are wrong and yet I can’t stop feeling them. Has anyone experienced this? I never really participate in online forums but I feel completely lost and hopeless and alone. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @pilateswithdrew i am sorry you are experiencing this. It is so hard to carry a baby and being overdue makes it even harder. I would suggest you find a therapist ASAP- i am going to be frank - the first three months are hard and not very rewarding. Mix in the hormones and sleep deprivation - it can really push someone over the edge. I hope that once you see your son the gender disappointment will subside and even though days are rough your love for your child brings you happiness . 
  • @pilateswithdrew I'm past my due date with my second and went well past my due date with my first. This waiting period while I watch everyone else get to have their babies, even people who were due well after me, is my least favourite part of pregnancy. It is so hard to not feel defeated and to not let that resentment towards baby creep in. You're not alone. All of that said, people talk so much about postpartum depression, but not as much about prenatal depression which is very much a thing. It is okay to ask for help with this from a professional.  Hang in there, mama. Total solidarity.
  • Has anyone seen a baby’s teeth grow in sharp like this? Our pediatrician said to go to a pediatric dentist and we have an appointment scheduled for this Monday. I am so worried and am looking for anyone that has any knowledge on what could be causing this.