May 2022 Moms

Introductions!

12346»

Re: Introductions!

• @tango_612 welcome!! I’m also a mediocre gardener (my husband is super into it but I’m just afraid I’m gonna kill all our plants lol) and love to read, too! Glad you joined us!
  • Loading the player...
  • I lived on Garden Rescue (BBC program) at the beginning of the pandemic with my then 3 month old. I love gardening!
  • mandapanda207mandapanda207 member
    edited January 2022
    Introduce yourself: I'm Amanda.

Due date? May 19th.

How did you find out?
    IVF! After the for 3 years we went for answers after my Doctor's urging (secondary minor health issues that could effect fertility). Failed first cycle we tried to rescue with iui, then a second successful ivf cycle followed.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    I'm a Northerner at heart. We are in Maryland due to Hubs work, we've been married for 8 this year (October), and together almost 11. I'm a victim advocate.

I'd say 'we' have 4 pets but in reality it's more like I have them all. I have 2 rescue kitties (his aunt rescued 2 street cats who were pregnant) with my former roommate who live with us now. A calico named Nellie (Penelope) and her sister a brown and black tabby named Gallie (Gallifrey). Our two pups came from a rescue group. A timid but loving German Shepherd named Apache, she's my shadow and Hunter, a stubborn but lovable Husky mix. 

I love Disney and have gotten my Hubs into the fever as well. We went to Disney the 1st time on our second anniversary. It was great and we've been back a few times since. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) 
    Seeing as I'm late to the game, things are good. I feel like I have a small baby bump but I know everyone is different. I have an appointment in 2 weeks so I get to see baby again. Being an ivf pregnancy, there were so many early US that going into 'regular' obgyn care made me really miss seeing the baby so frequently. 

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself!
    I come from a big family and Hubs comes from a small family (and he's the only child). I have siblings. I'll always be a Northerner at heart and I miss the college days of pep bands and sports. 
  • @mandapanda207 welcome and congrats!! 

• natkgnatkg member
    edited January 2022

Thank you! This pregnancy is kicking my old butt. 
  • @germainejeleed Welcome to the group!! Glad you reached out and introduced yourself. And congrats on the baby. Although I’m sure your experiencing a plethora of emotions! All of which are valid and appreciated here ♥️
  • @germainejeleed welcome and congrats!! 

• Welcome @germainejeleed! We're happy to have you! 
  • Welcome @germainejeleed! Happy to have you join. 
  • @germainejeleed Glad your introduced yourself! I also majored in psychology and child development. My cat is also my fur baby. I feel like we have a lot in common! I’ve found this group to be super supportive, I hope you feel comfortable joining in as you want more often in the future!
  • Hello!

I’m due on May 19th and hoping that he’ll make it that far since I’m a teacher and am not wanting to have to take the whole month of May off again.

This was another surprise. I found out because I hadn’t started yet and was wondering why. Then I took several tests just to confirm.

As mentioned above, I’m a teacher. I teacher 7th grade math in Alabama. I’ve been teaching for 8 years. I’ve taught in Florida for several years before moving to Alabama. I have another May baby who will be 4 this May. My fiancé and I have been together for 6 years and got engaged this past New Years. 

I’m feeling great. It’s just really hard to sleep good as I’m a stomach sleeper. Just more emotional at times, more so at work. No morning sickness, except once unlike my first pregnancy. I never got morning sickness once with my first. Since my first was an emergency C-section, I’m going to have this once by C-section again as per my doctor.

I was born and raised in Georgia, lived in California and Maryland for high school, and moved down to Florida for college. 
  • @carpinone28 nice to meet you! I traveled a lot growing up as well. 
  • @carpinone28 welcome! I’m also due 5/19!
  • Welcome! I’m in NC too! Just a heads up: you may want to change your username, so we can tag you in responses! If you’ve already done that, you may want to log out and back in to The Bump so it shows up and we can recognize you when you post!
  • I just changed it, I thought I did but I guess not haha.. 
  • sometimes TB takes a bit to catch up 😜 if you’re on the app it can definitely be a pain
  • hopefully it changed now.. 
  • @knottie try logging out and back in 
  • It’s fixed! Yay!!
  • thank you for the help!! 
  • @sammarie1994 and @carpinone28 welcome!!! Glad to have you!! 

• thank you so much!! 
  • Hy

wainting for third boys haha

So far I have two boys, ages 3 1/2 and 2. Dare I say that the 5 1/2 year old's penis is about 1.5 inch long, whereas the 4 year old's is 2.5, 3 inches long. Is this normal?

Both are intact, the first has a tight foreskin that appears sort of wrinkly, and the younger's foreskin is very long and loose (much like other intact partners I've had in the past, though my husband is circ'd). It's just strange because my older son's penis has never seemed to grow in length, despite the rest of him growing like a weed. Have other people noticed such a difference within a family? I know penises in general are different shapes and sizes, but for some reason I always thought brothers would appear somewhat similar.

Laetitia
  • So I don’t have a boy but is measuring your son’s penis a normal thing to do or….? 
  • annnnnd this is why I can’t wait to GTF outta here 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• lets go! 
  • @b_1029 no…no it’s not normal and why with the trolls all of the sudden???

• Introduce yourself: I am Raelynn

Due date? June 11th but I always go about. 2 weeks early

How did you find out? I had a miscarriage in august and never got period back so took a test

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have 4 daughters, ages 11, 8, 3 and 1. We have a cat and a corgi.
    Kyle is my partner hes a mechanic and a marine corps vet.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Exhausted

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself! 
    I am planning my 2nd home birth. I broke a hospital record as a baby for being 3 months old and female wirh pyloric stenosis as a baby. Carlton from fresh prince of bellair held me while i was admitted 

• Mom of 8! 5 boys 3 girls. From Canada, stay at home mom, selling scentsy, love to paint and love nature. In free time I'm a nub tech for a nub theory group on FB. Love babies love helping mamas find out what baby is early on in 1st trimester 💙💜