September 2022 Moms

May Symptoms Thread

Re: May Symptoms Thread

• laj0217laj0217 member
    I don’t have hemorrhoids currently, but in the past consistent use of witch hazel wipes (any brand) instead of toilet paper has helped the most. I’ve also used preparation h but honestly unsure if it helped. The wipes were the best. 
  • Thanks for all of the advice and feedback! I’ll keep trying with the witch hazel and I’ll also bring it up to my OB on Thursday to see if she has any recommendations. So far it’s not gotten any better but at least it’s not worse! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Also in the hemorrhoid group, and I think they might be internal. Not fun, but Tucks pads and cream has been giving some relief. 100% due to the awful constipation I suffered for a while. They're getting better, and I'm still taking stool softener. I asked my OB about them but she hesitated to recommend additional fiber to my diet until we'd gotten the constipation under control. I'll ask again next week about fiber and the 'roids. If you don't have the constipation issue, everything I've read for "natural" aides for them is adding fiber to your diet and avoiding processed foods. 

Also, having a boy and ALL THE HAIR! Legs, belly, upper lip grow so fast!
  • @mnmomma84 I've been backed up for a couple weeks now. I have tried eating tons of salad, mainly the chopped cabbage ones, I feel they have so much fiber but still nothing. Last night I took 2 fiber gummies I picked up even though when I read the dv percentages there wasn't as much fiber as I thought, but this morning I was able to go not once, but twice and I didn't have to strain. I don't know if it was the fiber gummies or the fact I had a waxing and my body knew to get that out before then or what. I feel like my stomach is gone now though, it wasn't baby it was all poop lol.
  • @mnmomma84 I've been backed up for a couple weeks now. I have tried eating tons of salad, mainly the chopped cabbage ones, I feel they have so much fiber but still nothing. Last night I took 2 fiber gummies I picked up even though when I read the dv percentages there wasn't as much fiber as I thought, but this morning I was able to go not once, but twice and I didn't have to strain. I don't know if it was the fiber gummies or the fact I had a waxing and my body knew to get that out before then or what. I feel like my stomach is gone now though, it wasn't baby it was all poop lol.
  • @jhysmath
    SO familiar with that weird "empty" sensation after!! In the back of my mind I'm wondering if baby is like "aaaaaah, look how roomy it is in here!"
  • @mnmomma84 lol I didn't even think of that, now I'm laughing picturing it stretching out and being like ahhh so much better 
  • @mk2022x creeping up towards 26 weeks and yeah, that’s when it hit me for sure. Heading towards the “big pregnant” stage. 
    Last baby for us and I am weirdly feeling sad about that? It’s not like it’s any fun and I definitely do not enjoy my chubby face! 
  • @mk2022x yes, same! Up until 24 weeks I’ve been growing ‘up’ and just kind of looked generally distended in the abdomen… and then all of a sudden I started growing ‘out’! 

I was calling my belly my “baby lump” before, because I felt like it wasn’t the cute round shape I expected it to be, but now it’s finally becoming a legit baby bump! 
  • @mk2022x
    I was just commenting to @lilienne that my belly button is almost flat now!  I'm 24 weeks today and yeah, it feels like I've gotten a lot bigger this week.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• My belly button has been flat for a few weeks now. This morning, I noticed a little belly button bump through my base layer tank. Its too soon for that!! 
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    I had curry two days ago and I spent the night to yesterday feeling like I was passing a whole sea urchin... so foods I'm not used to, like spice I'm not used to, are definitely off the table now.
    I can eat a small bag of Takis, I can eat tortilla chips with Tapatio, I can chug salsa... but I guess that's all spice I've never had an issue with?

I look forward to seeing if I match up with the 24-week bump increase or not. Two weeks! I really like my belly button how it is though............

Oh, another symptom. I forgot I can't have an appt on the 6th because that's a school day. It's virtual so I could probably get it moved to my lunch hour, but I gotta make the call today. I hope I don't forget again.
  • I've had an "outtie" since I first popped. My belly button was normal before my first child, but that's shot. I even put a dress back the other day because you could see my belly button too good through it :lol:
  • I will add for those of you who might be in the same boat as me, even with a 10 lb giant baby my belly button never popped or got flat. I was so sad about it with my first because I thought it was something everyone got to experience but I never did.
  • Mine never popped out either, @jhysmath. It seems to be something you experience more often if you're someone on the smaller side or have strong abs. Mine does push out a little from where it usually is, but it's definitely still an innie and remained that way last time too (when I gained 74 pounds while pregnant 😖). 
    DD 10/2019
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    @jhysmath @trapperkeeper87 I hope mine doesn't. I really like my belly button and I would be sad to see it change. Hearing that it doesn't have to happen is actually great news for me. I do however have strong abs, so I guess wait and see. 
  • I can deal with flat, but I'm not super excited about an outie.  Hopefully mine just stays flat.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• My belly button popped during my last pregnancy and went back to its usual innie self after birthing. One thing that gave me solace was watching a birth video where, while the mama was pushing, her husband exclaimed, “your belly button isn’t an outie anymore!”

A couple of inches of the skin at the top of my bump (i.e., bra line) plus a few more inches extending down in the middle toward my belly button has stretched so much it looks different. Maybe a little darker and papery. It started maybe a month and a half ago, and has been getting larger. My midwife said it would fade and disappear over time. I got the impression I’ll be walking around with this for years.
  • My belly button popped with my first and it never went back in completely. It was mostly flat. Now it's pointy as all get out and definitely can see it through my shirts unless I have like 3 layers covering it. Then I can sometimes get it to hide. 
  • I think I have a really deep belly button. It doesn't look too different. The belly button piecing scar from when I was 16 is not looking so cute though. 
  • Commence the WADDLE. Also, my birks fart when I walk now. 
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    @mamamoomoo12 I feel you on the scar! I have one right below my belly button from having my gallbladder out and it looks rough - angry red and stretched. Belly button is maintaining though. 
  • @mnmomma84
    Sure, blame the birks...
    Current pregnancy -

• @mnmomma84 do you have the rubbery ones? Mine like that have made farting noises for a few years and sometimes it's almost embarrassing when I'm walking in public😂
  • I *think* I discovered the cause of my inner thigh pain! I recently started pushing my hips forward as I walk and my thighs feel so much better! @babywiik If your thigh pain comes back, that's definitely worth an attempt.
    DD 10/2019
  • rebornlotusrebornlotus member
    edited May 2022
    I have an innie belly button. For my last pregnancy it went to a slight outtie and returned to normal after birth. Husband thought it was "cute", I did not. Lol
  • @kboydbowman
    HA! OK, at work I'll blame the birks. :wink:
    @babywiik
    Not sure if there is a different rubbery birk?? They're normal ones?
  • This week I've been waking up with sore hips. It isn't a muscular type of sore, it's definitely joint position sore. I know we need a new mattress, but it's low on the list of things to update before baby arrives.  I'll be doing lots of walking this weekend and sleeping on a thin camper mattress for three nights - this should be fun. I'm going to make an effort to switch sides more often throughout the night. I slept on my back through the entire pregnancy with DS1, but it's just not comfortable this time around. I'm going to try some hip stretches and yoga over the next couple weeks to see if that helps. I've been telling myself I need to do more yoga since the beginning of the pregnancy, so it's about time I actually did some. I guess this is what it takes to get me to kick it into gear.
  • @maple1422 My hips hurt at night if I've been in the same position too long. Last pregnancy, I combated this with a foam mattress topper. I normally absolutely hate those because they hinder my movement - I'm a very active sleeper 😄 - but as pregnancy goes along and it gets more difficult to move in my sleep, the foam helps take the pressure off my joints. Do you think that would help you? You can get twin sized ones or even cut one down if you need one for a smaller sleep area!
    DD 10/2019
  • @trapperkeeper87 that is a GREAT idea! I'm getting one! I don't think I could do 4 more months of sore hips like this. I'd be no fun to be around and people would laugh when I walk lol
  • @maple1422 I sincerely hope it works for you!
    DD 10/2019
  • I'd love to be able to use a foam topper, but I think my murderbeasts would eat it.
    Current pregnancy -

• We have a really fancy foam topper in our toy hauler right now. It's a queen size and our king bed is already really tall, so between the different size and the height, we've left it out there. We have a medium-firm mattress from IKEA though and I am definitely more a medium-plush person, so it has been a bit of a struggle and I am looking forward to the day we don't depend on lifting our bed's lid for storage access... and aren't limited to 10" because of the build-in bedside "tables."

Oopsie. This wasn't the gripe thread. However, I am a bit sore too and getting more sensitive, so it probably qualifies as a symptom? :sweat_smile:
  • @pangolindrome
    I <3 my Sleep Number.  Ain't cheap though.
    Current pregnancy -

• @maple1422 my hips were super sore when sleeping very early in my last pregnancy. It would wake me up multiple times a night.  Our mattress was old trash and my husband surprised me with a brand new one at some point (maybe a valentines gift … it some holiday we wouldn’t normally do expensive gifts for). It helped sooo much! My hips didn’t hurt like that again until I was at the very end of the pregnancy. It made a huge difference! Hopefully a mattress topper will help but if you can swing it, get the new mattress. 
  • Hmm I cried for a solid 20 minutes the other night while we tried to find a pillow combination that made the hip pain stop… now I’m looking at mattress toppers……….
  • @mnmomma84 the original birks are cork and leather and then they got the rubbery ones. I think those are the only kinds they have.
  • Lower back pain oh lovely lower back pain! I *think* it has something to do with my sciatic nerve? Self diagnosed. Lately it's been just on the right side of my spine. I'll do fine for most of the day but laying down, especially on my back or trying to roll over ignites the area. I've been doing some stretches and seeing the chiropractor (who helps a lot but I dont see her often enough). I have a heat pack on it now so hopefully the muscles in the area will relax so I can sleep good.
  • Anyone else’s gum’s bleeding a lot after flossing? I’ve been super bad about flossing the last couple months but when I do, yikes 😬