September 2022 Moms

May Symptoms Thread

1235»

Re: May Symptoms Thread

• @lalarose22 yes and that’s 100% normal according to my friend who is a dental hygienist and also my dentist. Due to the increased blood flow during pregnancy our gums swell and are extra sensitive so they’re more prone to bleeding during flossing, hygiene appointments, or even when getting a filling (like me on Monday… I bled all over the place!) 
  • @lalarose22 Yes! Just brushing my teeth causes mine to bleed. Last time my dentist told me a lot of pregnant women develop pregnancy gingivitis, so just make sure you stay on top of it!
  • Loading the player...
  • @lalarose22 Me! My doctor said it’s most likely just bc of increased blood flow… more likely my lack of flossing lately but I’ll take it. 😂
  • @newbabymama27 @whitta1015 @dsmith211 thanks ladies! Glad I'm not alone! I know it's super common (I work in a dental clinic :) ) but dang, it was not this bad last pregnancy!
  • @lalarose22 No, but I floss every day because we have a water pick in the shower which makes it super easy and requires very little motivation. My dentist told me that it is EXTRA IMPORTANT to floss and brush regularly during pregnancy because our gums are more sensitive and prone to problems.
  • @pangolindrome I'm interested about this water pick in the shower system you have. What kind do u have?
  • @rebornlotus We have this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ES2HNI
    For us, it is attached right at the handles because of how our shower is set up, and it is super easy to use!
  • @babywiik Try stretching your quads and hamstrings regularly. My Chiro says my super low back pain is from my hips rotating forward in pregnancy. Was worse last time around as I’ve been more active this time. 
  • babywiikbabywiik member
    edited June 2022
    @jrae1519 good idea! I'll try that. I know that my hip flexors get really tight and my glutes dont do their job which has given me tailbone issues in the past. Maybe this is correlated.
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited June 2022
    @babywiik Absolutely. If your glutes aren't strong enough, your hip flexors will have to compensate. My SIL (physical therapist) always says everyone needs to work their core and glutes because those are so crucial for the rest of the body.
  • @mk2022x 24 weeks hit and my bump grew so much. I am still in the awkward "putting on weight or baby" stage because that's where my fat goes normally.

Hemorrhoids are evil and have come back so much earlier than last pregnancy. I got an rx for Anusol. Worked overnight. Uncomfortable application. But you do what you have to do.

My innie never went outie with my first. I guess it's just deep?

I went to the dentist and they confirmed it as well. Lots of bleeding is normal for right now.

I'm waiting for hip issues to come back. Last pregnancy I couldn't put weight on just one leg, I would fall over.
  • @alicia__e Maybe it's silly, but you just gave me hope for my belly button.