August 2022 Moms
Options

Venting Thread

1235»

Re: Venting Thread

• Options
    @bridgiebee82 I would totally do the same thing. My husband and I get petty like that with each other all the time, but definitely more so now with all my hormones making me crazy.
    @meagan822 Here's to hoping for better neighbors! But sounds like you have a plan to move soon too, which sounds like a good idea.

My vent for the week is on scheduling the baby shower... While it might sound a bit early, we realized we'd be competing for venues with bridal showers and graduation parties, so we started planning. My MIL is taking the lead on the venue, and we really want to have it at the restaurant right by our house. They have a nice big private back room, a pool room/bar for my husband and his friends to hang out, and it's right by our house, so if friends want to come back and see the nursery or hang out for a while, we could do that. Only problem is that I recently realized how booked our June was going to be, and only had 2 open Saturday dates. So we decided to move forward with the one date, but then I found out my dad's whole side of the family has a graduation party that Friday night before the shower and then would have to drive 3.5 hours in Saturday morning. This is still the best option, but I really missed my wine last night after dealing with that. Also my dad has an out of town annual golf outing that weekend that he is choosing to go to instead of helping with the shower. Did I mention I miss my wine?
  • Options
    @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 oh my goodness I didn't even THINK about a baby shower!!! 3 of MH's cousins are also due in July/August, and my cousin is getting married in early August. Oof. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 oh man that sounds like planning hell! So sorry. I hate when you agonize over a date and then finally schedule it only to find out there's a huge conflict like that. And boo for you dad skipping it for some golf thing. Maybe your mom will guilt him about it and he'll change his mind. But then again, I don't think my dad was at my shower...just mom, grandmothers, aunts, and other lady friends.
  • Options
    So MH and I had a fight last night. The short version is someone at his job was given a minuscule amount of authority and they are abusing it and spreading rumors about MH. He came home last night with the latest tale which ticked me off and then pregnancy hormones. So, I, being female, did the female thing and said I wanted to tell her off. He, being an idiot, misheard just about everything and overreacted. So to be clear, the minuscule authority person is a slightly lower level coworker. He thought, I have no idea why, that I said I was going to go yell at his boss who coincidentally is our neighbor and also watched our dogs over Christmas. 🙄 I would never yell at Bethany, and she’s his boss. That’s also completely different than telling his coworker to shut their face. So, he, being stupid, yelled at me and said I was going to cost him the job he’s been interviewing for for like 18 months that we both really want him to get. He just got the next step of the hiring process yesterday and then accused me of sabotaging his job when I was just venting what I thought was our mutual frustration. So me, being pregnant and hormonal—which is probably why I was mad enough to threaten to go off on the minuscule authority—immediately had my feelings hurt and started ugly crying. Bless it. I was trying to say I hate all of this and he decided I said I hate you. The whole thing is dumb but I feel like after over a decade of knowing and being married he should know me well enough to know that since I can’t even send my food back at a restaurant, I’m not going up to his coworker ((when would I even see them)) and randomly tell them that they are being a huge jerk. 

Anyway, long story short, we had a stupid fight. He felt guilty for making me cry—but is also stupid and didn’t come talk to me after I was done crying—and like guilt cleaned the kitchen and picked up a bunch in the family room and washed more laundry. Which is great and I appreciate it but I went to bed alone and upset for the first time in forever after waiting up for him until 11 pm. So I’m still low key mad at him and I also feel bad for fighting in the first place. We should have talked about this already and instead I’m stuck going to the stupid hockey game with him tonight with a weird fight between us and I don’t want to go anymore. Which makes me mad all over again because it’s my first hockey game ever and I was really excited for it. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick oh I'm sorry. When words don't work right, everything can go sour. I'm sorry you're feeling so horrible. Hopefully you and YH can talk and make up so it isn't awkward at the game. 
  • Options
    @Katek819 bring your own virgin jello shots and get down! Thats a bummer. I hope you can still have fun. Stupid covid. 
  • Options
    @Katek819 that is a bummer and sounds so fun! Our big event like that, our family reunion, is thankfully labor day weekend, so after baby is born. But I'm also going to have to be the sober one at my 10 year college reunion in June, but better believe I will still be on the dance floor with my bump.

@mdfarmchick hope you can make up and enjoy the hockey game! Who are you rooting for? We're big Penguin fans, and I can't wait to see how many penguin onesies we get.

@starkette and @bridgiebee82 thanks. I think things will all work out! But definitely recommend at least getting a venue secured now, especially if you have something specific in mind.

• Options
    meagan822meagan822 member
    edited February 2022
    @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 Thank you! The other neighbors are really good and we have known them awhile. We watch out for each other. So it’s just me really wanting the specific ones out and replaced ASAP. 🤣 We’re hoping for a place, but with the housing market and paying off my husband’s school loans, we’re not sure how feasible it will be yet. As of now, our second room will be half nursery and half office-which is only needed as an office on occasion. 

I hope everything works out for the shower! I have been thinking about mine some too. I want to plan it myself and have people in charge of designated things. But I don’t know where I want to host it. I was considering the venue we got married at, but the problem is, everyone has to pay for a parking pass, when paying for parking isn’t normal here and that’s not something I will expect of my guests. For the wedding, I paid for passes for all the vehicles we expected. For the baby shower, that really ups the percentage of cost, when I’d rather not have to pay for a venue. If we were to get a house by then, which is probably not too likely, we would have the room to host, based on the type of floor plan we look at. I don’t want to risk an outdoor shower with possible showers either. Thankfully I have time to make plans. Even if it means less guests so that they fit a smaller space. I would have likely had a late second/early third trimester shower as well, to know what we need to still buy and have more energy and time to clean everything, but my best friend gets married when I’m 7 months pregnant and I’m not going to mix a baby shower in with her parties.. After the wedding, she’ll be more ready to help and get involved anyway! July it (likely) is! 

@mdfarmchick Misunderstandings are so frustrating. As much as it may be uncomfortable to bring up, often if you say “I don’t want us to be upset at each other.” the other person will agree. You could add that you felt misunderstood and are sure he did too. But you’d rather hug it out and have fun and leave it in the past so that you can enjoy your date. I hope things get resolved quickly, so you guys can focus on the important things again. Processing feelings are SO MUCH HARDER when pregnant.💕
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I’m sorry. No good words but I understand where you’re coming from; sometimes we get into the nothing fight and then misinterpret everything the other is saying. Hope tomorrow is better. Time helps.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I explained to him why I was so freaking hurt on the way to the game and he apologized for most of the misunderstanding. So the game was fine overall. It’ll just take a few days for both of us to settle out and stop tiptoeing around with each other because we both are apologetic people mostly. 

@fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 Golden Knights fans. :smile: My dad isn’t big into sports so everything I know about hockey comes from Mighty Ducks lol. It was a pretty fun experience. 
  • Options
    Ahhh I knew I was forgetting someone! @Katek819 that is a huge bummer! I’m so sorry for the timing. I hope you get to have a good time anyway. Sometimes we do super fun non alcoholic drinks for the pregnant lady so I don’t feel so left out when it’s a big gathering like that. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I was a semi Golden Knights fan when our Fleury was the goalie. If anyone is looking for a good laugh from a cute commercial (it is baby related!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VkdBB0T5yI 
  • Options
    @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 I loved Fleury. Hockey fans are weird. Tuch scored for the Sabres as we were leaving and everyone was cheering for the other team’s goal. Lol.  
  • Options
    My neighborhood has been annoying me. It’s just been so loud. Yesterday there were 2 guys riding motorcycles in like a big loop over and over and over, I guess one of them was learning how to drive it or something but like, go to a parking lot. Now today, someone else has a big crew of yard guys here mowing and weed eating and stuff and it’s just annoying to me. And someone else is getting a new roof. 😑
  • Options
    My students were playing Hot Potato with a partially deflated soccer ball. I asked another teacher to watch the kids while I ran to pee, and as he is walking in, one of the girls was slamming the ball into another kid's face! WTF now she is down in the bathroom crying because the other teacher yelled at her. 
  • Options
    My brother is annoying the crap out of me and it is too long to even explain here. But to sum up how ragey he is making me… he literally has no concept that despite the fact that I’m a SAHM, I actually do have things to do all day that don’t involve reading 15 long, self-centered text messages. Also, he is so freaking self absorbed he doesn’t start any conversation with hello, or pleasantries and I don’t think it even occurs to him that he should take a genuine interest in my life or my kids. 🙄

@bridgiebee82 ugh. Kids always do the most ridiculous things in less than 30 seconds. 

@itsme215 that is just like grating annoying. And now you are making me wonder if the construction of our neighbors pool is something that is low key annoying me all day but I didn’t realize. 
  • Options
    meagan822meagan822 member
    edited February 2022
    @mdfarmchick I’m sorry he’s that way! Selfish people are frustrating!! I hope he comes to the realization that it’s not easy and there’s no “you time” anymore, unless you really plan it. Being a Stay at Home Mom is equivalent of 2.5 full time jobs. Does he work 100 hours a week? I think probably not. If he was a full time parent for any amount of time, he would be more considerate. It can be hard to not compare ourselves to women and moms who are super career driven to start with. Both kinds of moms are important and necessary. We are all called to do different things and lead different lives. Our society wouldn’t function if it weren’t for parents,  teachers, daycare workers, babysitters, or volunteers willing to invest in our little ones all day every day. Our babies get to learn every single day from us. Whether we get to/want to be a SAHM or a working one, we are molding the lives of humans. No matter how amazing a career can be balanced on top of that, our most important job is and always will be our children. Anyway I really hope he backs off and starts giving you the respect you deserve. 
  • Options
    @meagan822 bahaha he most certainly does not work anywhere close to 100 hours a day. I know he has limitations in some things and he doesn’t do well with social things so I should cut him some slack but man. Today was a lot. Thanks for the vote of confidence though. I’ve been a slacker SAHM for most of the first trimester. 😂
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick It’s hard to cut people slack when they don’t cut you any! Lol, Anytime, plus not everyone knows what it’s like to be pregnant. I’ve been a slacker SAHM for this trimester, and I’m only a mom to the baby I’m currently growing!🤣 It's important to listen to  our bodies that are screaming at us to take it easy though! And we’ll have more energy soon enough!
  • Options
    my husband is annoyed at me because I get annoyed at him when he touches me. like pats my leg or rubs my back. I've been closed for business since we found out I am pregnant because I just don't feel comfortable in my skin right now. He keeps saying im being mean and have an attitude. I'm let when you feel like crap for the better part of 10 weeks you would understand. I'm feeling gross and fat (I already have a weight problem). Its just something he can't understand.
  • Options
    @katek819 I feel this 100%. I'm sorry you feel gross and fat. I get it, same boat with weight problems. MH wants to snuggle and cuddle and everything else and I'm just like, stop touching me for 2 minutes. Sending you love and positive thoughts. ❤ 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82
    thanks for the support. You are a teacher? I bet you have a lot of stories. My husband teaches 4th grade and came home one day saying he caught a kid ummm "playing" with himself IN class.
  • Options
    @Katek819 I teach 7th and 8th. There are a lot of boys who run up to my desk and say "Can I go to the bathroom it's an emergency!" And I just let them go... so many stories. So, so many stories. 😱😂