August 2022 Moms

Venting Thread

Thought we could have a thread just for venting about life, jobs, family, etc. 

We are here to listen and commiserate!

Re: Venting Thread

• I'll start. 

My family is visiting. As I've mentioned other places, my mom and sister can be difficult. Today, it's about my sister.

She's the most indecisive person on the planet and it's pretty much my mother's fault because she criticizes every decision anyone makes. I chose to just stop caring what she thinks. My sister instead internalizes all of it. But it's turned into this massive annoyance for all of us. We ask "do you want eggnog?" and she stands there gaping and saying "uhhh uhhh I don't know" for ten minutes. This is for everything! Do you want to play a game with us? Do you want to go for a walk? Do you want to watch a movie? It all paralyzes her completely. One time we played password with her and she sat there saying "I don't know" for twenty minutes and we couldn't get her to guess a single word. It's sad but also very aggrivating.
  • I hate my father in law. I could go on for days but the gist is that he favors my niece over my son. He only plays with my son when she isn't there. During these rare occasions he acts like grandfather of the year because my 3 year old will love anyone who will play with him. He makes my skin crawl. I have to see him tonight for our Christmas visit. I am mad because we were supposed to go to this Christmas light display down the beach and my husband won't reschedule with his dad and there are no more tickets for the event other days. 
  • Loading the player...
  • update: 2 snowflakes on the ground so he canceled on us. Whatever dude. 

Wow I am grump today!
  • @Katek819 that sounds incredibly frustrating! Glad he canceled though. My FIL is pretty nice, but he also hates snow and would cancel because of 2 snowflakes. lol.

My family left early this morning so today is a recovery day from all the festivities and drama. After they left last night I had to take MH into the kitchen to vent about all the stress they cause me. I didn't want my daughter to hear, of course, because she loves her Nana and Papa and Auntie. But she does find them exhausting and was happy they finally left. A few days with them is more than enough. 
  • My H woke up at 10am and already fell back asleep on the couch. It’s noon. Wtf. I’m pregnant and dealing with sinus issues and our 3 year old stir crazy kid. She didn’t wake up until 9:30 today 😳 so that definitely means no nap for her or probably me for that matter. I might have to kick them out to the park later to catch a break. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• It's soooo hard not to get resentful of sleepy spouses. Omg. I definitely understand. Hopefully you get a nap once he wakes up.

• @bearmomma1 I can relate. MH has insomnia so when he finally falls asleep, it is usually around 4/5am. He then gets grumpy with DS when DS wakes up at 9am (during the work week as DH is a SAHD) and on the weekends he tends to sleep in until noon/1pm and leaves me to the parenting. I've been dealing with this for 4 years, and will likely always deal with this, but I do understand how frustrating it is especially now when we are extra tired from pregnancy. 
  • darkrose88darkrose88 member
    edited January 2022
    @maggiemadeit Yes, it was definitely hard during the newborn stage where all the baby wanted was to nurse in the middle of the night. My husband having insomnia became much more helpful after DS stopped needing to be nursed at night. He'd deal with all the night time changes. 
  • Omg MH is driving me nuts! I have covid so I feel like absolute crap. All I want to do is sleep, all he wants to do is have sex. I told him I don't like doing that when I don't feel good and he took it personally. Ummm, I don't want to pass on the virus to you? Sooooo aggravating!
  • Husbands! Learn boundaries! Good grief. 

I remember BF my first daughter and glaring at him through the darkness while he slept peacefully. lol. And with my second, she was in the NICU so I pumped day and night but at least he'd get up with me and help me hook up everything. Sweetie pie. <3 We were in that one together.

Venting: My daughter starts school again tomorrow and I feel like a kid, too, because I'm like "nooo I don't wanna do the whole morning routine thing again." Waaaah. I love the peaceful, chill, lazy days. But they have to end. Boo.
  • Ugh, my kids go back tomorrow too, and while I'm really ready for the end of break (it starts to turn into WWE Smackdown after a certain point) I am dreading the early mornings. I've managed to keep fatigue at bay so far by sleeping in until 7:30 every morning but tomorrow we wake up at 6...
  • bracing for our first snow day here in Delaware. But they say that a lot and it never is that bad. Anyway kids already off school which means my hubby will be home and my son. I love my hubby but right now he is bugging the crap out of me. He isn't doing anything, I def think its the hormones and I feel bad for wanting him to go away. He rubbed my shoulder and I actually moved away. That was rude I shouldn't have done that. but man hes on my nerves. We have been together most of the last 2 weeks. 
  • @Katek819 I think I have spent too much time with my husband the last 2 weeks too. Being cooped up with covid has sucked. I'm a teacher and can't go back until next week. 
  • @bearmomma1 hard relate to the sleepy spouse issue. I have always done better on less sleep than he has (able to function vs not), and he probably needs to do a sleep study or something to figure out why he doesn't get fully rested even when he gets enough sleep, but it's sometimes hard to be sympathetic when we both go to bed late on a weekend, I'm the one to get up with the kids while he sleeps in and then he says he needs a nap in the afternoon too...
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I took half of a unisom to try and get some sleep last night since I’ve been sleeping like absolute garbage and I slept even worse than I have been 😭🤬 and it’s back to work today - might try and steal a nap at lunch since I work from home 
  • @laddy12 +1 for sleep issues. I've always slept restlessly but it's getting ridiculous. I feel like I wake up every hour and toss/turn until I'm semi-comfortable. Insomnia is the wooooorst. I remember I had it really badly with my first pregnancy, but not until after 20 weeks. I'd just sit up for hours....
  • @starkette I don’t remember early insomnia with my first - just being exhausted and going to bed early. But I’ve been a pretty terrible sleeper since she was born 6 years ago so I’m not surprised I’m having issues now. Hoping I’ll get a few full nights before August 🤣
  • @laddy12 even when I take unisom all it does is help me fall asleep initially, I still toss and turn all night long. Pregnancy sleep suckss 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Just here to whine about the fact that I feel a head cold coming on and (as you're all aware) I can't take any of the good meds so I know I'm going to be extra miserable over the next few days. 
  • @darkrose88 You have my sympathy. I had a cold two weeks ago and it was miserable without ibuprofen. You can take regular Mucinex (just the expectorant) for a cough though, and that made my Christmas bright. 
  • @wisewitch222 ugh yes, I did take some Tylenol but it just isn't the same. Thankfully we can take cough drops too (in addition to Mucinex expectorant) which is helping with my cough/sore throat.  
  • Now I wonder if we didn't have vaccinated/boostered people covid... I took a rapid test on Christmas Eve (negative) but by then I had had symptoms for six days so if it was omicron it wouldn't have been picked up by a rapid anymore by that point. My husband and vaccinated six-year-old didn't catch it, but my three-year-old did and he only had a runny nose for like two days and then was better. We will never know!! I'm kind of hoping it was the omicron, because then I don't have to worry about his poor unvaccinated self as much:-/
  • I’m mad at myself for not appropriating what it was like to feel not nauseous. Does that make sense ?
    i looked at my favorite dinner tonight and just the thought of putting it ( turkey) in my mouth turned my stomach. So i ate soup and mashed potatoes. As someone who turns to food for comfort ( not a good trait i know I’ve had weight issues all my life) not being able to eat is upping my anxiety. 
  • I feel you @Katek819 - we've been in Charleston this week (major foodie city) and im so mad at myself because im looking at all this food that i KNOW in my head i love, but i just cant stomach it or appreciate it. I cannot wait until i actually WANT a food again.
  • YES! @Katek819 and @ced45I understand that so much. I just want to be able to eat a burger again. Right now the thought turns my stomach. Just three more weeks....hopefully. With my last pregnancy, I had lots of food aversions but mainly any type of meat turned my stomach. Then I crossed over into the second trimester and BAM cravings for sausage mcmuffins and burgers and meat lovers pizza galore. So funny.
  • @starkette those cravings sound glorious.  One day... hopefully soon!!!
  • @starkette My dr just called me in a RX thank god. While I'm not actively throwing up I can't handle any liquids that are worth a damn. I got gatorade but the sugar content is too much. I took half a unisom and b6 last night at 7 and felt so hungover I needed a 2 hour nap. idk how anyone can take that regularly.
  • My ultrasound was scheduled for 10:45am, but they pushed it back 3:15 due to scheduling issues. Not like I’ve been holding my breath all week or anything 🙄
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @bearmomma1 thinking of you ❤️
  • @bearmomma1 sending you all the good thoughts this afternoon!! 
  • @bearmomma1 That is the worst. Sorry you have to wait even longer! 
  • oh I am ranting hard ladies. I have been trying to give people the benefit of the doubt but today the pharmacy PISSED ME OFF. I was in the drive thru for close to an hour. They closed the inside for what I assume is staffing shortages so I try to be extra nice. I roll up right at 4 and they were like closed! normally they are open till 9 and there were at least 10 people behind me. No nausea meds for me today. Just saying they needed to put up a sign somewhere other then the front door. duh people in the drive thru aren't gonna see it. 
  • @bearmomma1 ugh, talk about terrible timing! Hopefully the appointment goes well! Sending you positive vibes. 
  • @Katek819 oh no I'm so sorry! I actually had this happen last year when I was doing a drive thru covid test. I was the last person they accepted before the drive thru closed for an hour. They really need to have over hanging signs that say open/closed. I felt bad for the people behind me because we had all been waiting for awhile in line. 
  • @Katek819 I would have lost my mind! Omg!!! Our local cvs STINKS for that kind of thing. It's horrible. I'm so sorry that happened.
  • anyone else concentration in the toilet? I LOVE to read but I can't get through more then a page recently. School starts back up tomorrow so I need to get over it. 
  • @katek819 I must admit I had to read that 3 times before I understood 🤣.

I felt like that postpartum with my first it was terrible.   I hope it gets better real soon!
  • @Katek819 omg I feel like I have the attention span of a squirrel! Teaching tomorrow should be fun! 😂
  • @Katek819 Yes! I am a writer and I am behind on every assignment right now because I CANNOT focus. I blame the fact that I can’t stomach coffee, aka concentration juice. That, and I feel the need to google every possible scenario related to pregnancy all day every day, even though I’ve done this whole thing twice already. My anxiety brain and my procrastination brain are plotting against me!