August 2022 Moms
Options

Venting Thread

Re: Venting Thread

• Options
    @starkette thank you. I know it's rough not being able to take a much needed and well deserved break. I've found that the "man flu" is far worse than anything and some men are completely incapacitated when fwlling even slightly under the weather. I'm sorry you didn't get to rest. I hope you can find some time to rest and take care of yourself. And hooray for Tuesday U/S appointment! I'll be thinking of you!
  • Options
    Ughhh. I had to start my Lovenox shots after my appointment and I forgot how very much they suck. 1, I do not do well with needles. 2, this hurts like a lot. I can’t wait for the continuous belly bruises. Thanks for letting me whine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @starkette sometimes I don't get how it automatically just falls on the mom, at least in my experience. It's so frustrating. I'm sorry you didn't get the break you needed this weekend. Maybe an evening this week you could go do something that will fill your cup a bit! 
  • Options
    @starkette I’m sorry you didn’t get the rest you needed and I completely relate. In our home when I’m feeling rotten I still have to do everything, and when my husband is feeling rotten I also still have to do everything, and he spends the entire day in bed. 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 I understand the position you are in, and am here to support you as well as echo what others have said. I think you should put you and YOUR babies 1st. I also agree that if a relationship with her feels toxic then it is probably best if you take some space to focus on you and your pregnancy. You can still care for her and keep her at an arms distance. Whatever brings you peace!
  • Options
    DD (6) was exposed at school soooo now I get to try to work with her home all week. Aaaand now she has a runny now - getting tested tomorrow 😩 DH is supposed to be best man at a wedding on Saturday so really hoping she stays negative 
  • Options
    @laddy12 praying she stays negative, and feels better soon! 
  • Options
    bridgiebee82bridgiebee82 member
    edited January 2022
    @and_peggy thank you. 💗 it means a lot, more than you know.
  • Options
    @tmartin014 thank you. I really do appreciate it. I've never heard that expression "bless your bones." I love it!
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 I’m sorry you’ve have to go through that! *Sending hugs* Know that they are watching over you with love and peace. I’m sure they would want you to know they’re proud and excited of where you are!💕
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 I’m so sorry that you already have some people who will never get to meet your little family earthside. It is one of the hardest parts of life, I think. Big hugs. Take the time to feel your emotions and grieve. I just told MH’s aunt ((on the one year anniversary of losing his uncle)), that grieving is a process that you never really get over… I still have huge moments when I miss my uncle. He died in 2005, suddenly, and was more like a second dad to us. We named my oldest after him and this year at Christmas, my oldest was collecting all the bows and wearing them. Something that my uncle always did. I did not expect the well of emotion that brought. I hope today is a day with a little less sad and a little more sweet. Hugs. :heart:
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 I'm so sorry. I know my words will never heal those wounds, but you are strong and they are so proud of you and those babies! How special of those babies to always have such important people looking over them. You'll get to share their legacy with them!! But please know that your emotions are totally valid and it is completely normal to feel them. 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 here to also echo what has already been said. You’re a strong woman and we all know your babies are loved beyond measure. I’m sure you find the right way to incorporate you family that has passed. One day, I’ll explain the conundrum I have with DD and somebody who has passed on her side, but today I’m here to support you
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 night brings all the big emotions. I always feel things more acutely at night. <3 sending you lots of love and comfort. Though I'm not religious, I do think those we love stay with us and are somewhere watching our lives with joy and love. Talking about them will help keep them alive for your twins. My daughters know about their Grandpa John who passed just before I got pregnant with my first. Lots of stories and even celebrating birthdays helps a lot. 
  • Options
    UUUUhhhhhhh We were supposed to leave early this morning for Universal in Florida. At 8pm last night my son started throwing up. 4 times in a hour so suffice it to say that we couldn't then put him on a plane for the first time. So its no vacation for us. 
  • Options
    @Katek819 ugh that is the worst! I am so sorry. 
  • Options
    @Katek819 oh noooooo I'm sorry! 
  • Options
    @Katek819 ohhhhh nooooo, I'm so sorry! That's a massive bummer. Are you gonna reschedule and try again?
  • Options
    yea we moved it back a couple of weeks
  • Options
    @Katek819 that's a bummer you have to push it back but I'm glad you had that option! Hopefully YS feels better by then. 
  • Options
    @Katek819 ugh I’m sorry your ds is sick, I hope he feels better soon! It’s good that you were able to put the trip off a few weeks and didn’t have to cancel altogether! We may just be in Orlando around the same time now! Lol
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 exactly. It is a very contentious topic but at the end of the day you aren't going to change people's minds. Unfortunately, this is a trend with my mom (giving unsolicited advice) and today I just couldn't play nice. 
  • Options
    So I think I finally figured out why I am crawling out of my skin, aside from the fact we are homebound because of snow. The last couple of weeks I have been so restless, can't get comfortable just sitting in my living room was getting on my nerves. I assumed it was the pregnancy and I was miserable thinking I was going to be like this for the next 6 months. My therapist asked me if my nausea meds was making my anxiety worse, I said no but today I finally looked up the side effects of the metoclopramide and at the top of the list is feelings of restlessness. I haven't needed a pill today so hopefully that means its starting to get better. Please please let this feeling go away. I can't handle feeling like this much longer.
  • Options
    @Katek819 I’m glad you seemed to have figured it out! Hopefully the nausea stays at bay and you can stop the pills and feel better soon!!
  • Options
    @Katek819 this happens frequently if we use it in the hospital. I've actually had to give my patient an Ativan to be able to calm down. The one patient was so anxious and crawling out of her skin so bad she tried pulling off her oxygen and heart monitor. 
  • Options
    @leahrnmom
    oh if i was hooked up like that i would def be doing the same! Wish i could have Ativan lol 
    do you happen to know how long it takes to get out of your system?
  • Options
    Is there anything worse than taking a bath with any water temperature other than the surface of the sun 😩 I’m supposed to be soaking in epsom salt for my tailbone pain and man I am just not down with a “warm” bath 
  • Options
    @Katek819 I looks like based on a app I have it says it could stay in the system up to 30 hrs but the dosage that's in your system at that point is very minimal. The dose cuts in half around 6 hours as long as your kidney function is normal. Hopefully you get some relief or have relief since I didn't see this tag! So sorry. 
  • Options
    Ok so I snore. I know I snore. MH also snores. He sleeps all snuggled up to me which is very sweet. Last night, his hand was on my shoulder, and every time I'd snore, he'd pat my shoulder. The way my face was angled, he was hitting my face. So I shifted a little and he got all huffy puffy. I told him what was happening and he was like "I'm not hitting your face!" And rolled over. OK so I imagined it? My guy... I was so annoyed I had a lot of trouble falling back asleep. I almost went out to the couch to sleep. Instead I woke up MH every time he snored last night to see how he liked it. Petty, yes. But I was so peeved! 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 if MH wakes me when he snores I like him until he wakes up or rolls over. #notevensorry
  • Options
    meagan822meagan822 member
    edited February 2022
    We have neighbors in our apartment complex who got evicted due to several things, drug related mostly. One went back to jail immediately because he was on parole. I think she will be at some point based on the charges filed. They were supposed to be out tonight. Well sounds like there are friends over and they’re having a great time. She would be quick to yell at anyone who was there, including her kid (who is now in custody of another family member,) so we are itching to have them out. It was quieter before. I’m wondering if the cops will have to get involved in the eviction tomorrow. It will be a peace of mind having someone else neighboring us, especially since we’ll likely live here a little bit with our baby before we buy our own place. Thankfully there’s excellent management at our residence, who prioritizes safety and does not hesitate to evict and replace with better neighbors!