May 2022 Moms

Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

• @skat0323 Welcome!! Congrats on the PhD and the baby! What a huge year for you guys. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi knottie, and welcome! I love HP too! ⚡

Don't forget to change your username so we can tag you easier! You might have to log out and back in again if you've already done that 😊
  • @emilyace hi fellow diver! 🤿👋 Where's your favorite spot to dive? I've mostly done the Caribbean and love how clear it is!
  • @emilyace I miss champagne (all wine) and cocktails so much. Not just the flavor, but the social element!
  • @emilyace welcome! I miss good pumpkin beer and my hoppy IPA’s! 
  • @pajamstagrams how cool! Other than cold water California dives that aren’t much fun, I had the best time diving in Maui. The molokini crater was amazing. The Caribbean sounds SO cool.

@brookejay06 I wanted a glass of champagne SO BADLY yesterday. 😂😭

@And846 fellow hoppy IPA lover here 🍻 we live within 10 minutes of Sierra Nevada Brewery and chose to move where we did partially because of that 😅
  • Introduce yourself:
    Hi my name is Rachel! I am engaged to a super amazing man and we accidentally got pregnant with our wedding less than 6 months away (oops!). We are super excited anyway. Looking forward to connecting with other mom to be’s and sharing in the journey.

Due date?
    May 15, 2022

How did you find out?
    Completely missed my period, no spotting or anything and had a super intense dream where i was pregnant and giving birth… could not shake it! I knew i had to just take a test to confirm but was still shocked when 3 tests came back super positive.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)

First time mom to be! (28f) Also a full time graduate student currently in international affairs, which is nice because i am home fulltime now. I love to travel both domestically and abroad, looking forward to some upcoming trips that will now be our babymoons.

My fiance (30m) is so supportive, calm, and excited. This leaves room for me to do all the freaking out. It is definitely a great balance. He also loves to travel and is an air force veteran.

We just bought a new home together (good timing) and have been enjoying doing some big diy remodel projects to make it our own.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)

I am feeling so many emotions. We want kids but were planning to start trying a year after our 2022 wedding.. i was going to get healthier and in better shape and start going to an OB to see how my body is but i guess this new soul could not wait. This baby is a surprise but we are already so excited!

I had light bleeding/spotting and freaked out so my doctor had me come in for a 6 wk check instead of waiting for the 8 wk appt and everything looks great! We even heard a heartbeat which was so amazing and such a relief.

My symptoms so far include awful migraines (i am a regular chronic migraine sufferer, so being off my meds is rough so far), nausea/vomitting, cramps, extreme fatigue, strong sense of smell, also had a nasty cold.

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself!

I am part of a pilot family. Working towards getting my own pilot’s license!
  • Hey y’all! My name is April. This is my 4th pregnancy.

Due date is May 20th, but I tend to deliver early. 

I found out because I was 5 days late and my cycle is super consistent. 

I’m a Momma to 3 older kiddos (currently 12, 9, and 8) and I’m 38 years old. Hubby and I have been married for 14 years. We also have 2 dogs. Number four for us was a total surprise! I’m also a homeschooling momma. I love reading, baking, and crafts.

I’m extremely tired and pretty nauseous. Shocked but excited!

I lived on a bus with 20+ other peoples or a year. We traveled the USA and Canada setting up, running and tearing down youth conventions. 

• @pregnantcovidbride @heasemom Congrats to both of you on the surprise pregnancies (I’m sure that can come with a huge variety of emotions, from excitement to many others 😂)
  • @And846 yes! love a hoppy beer and am very much missing pumpkin beers right now. Give me a nice cinnamon sugar rim and I'm in heaven 🍻

@pregnantcovidbride fellow COVID bride (got married in May) and my husband and I are also renovating our home! Are you renovating and living in it at the same time? 
  • @and846 there's a decent non-alcoholic IPA from Partake (but it might be Canada only)
  • @karisahamdi omigosh! I thought i was the o lay one who liked cinnamon rimmed beers!
  • klingonboxerklingonboxer member
    edited September 2021
    @acleverusername I sure am! Voyager's my favorite, but we just rewatched TOS with our five year old and it's just as great as I remember.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello! So excited to be here

Due date? May 18

How did you find out? I was tracking ovulation and had been testing since 8DPO, lol. We were camping with friends when I tested positive so I had to sneak my husband away from the group to tell him.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I’m a first time mom—right now our family is me, my husband and our two dogs. Our good friend and his dog have also been living with us for about a year- nervous to tell him he’s going to have to move out soon!

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I’m feeling fairly even-keeled emotionally, just impatient to get past the riskiest portion of this pregnancy (although I suppose the risks just change over time). I did a phone screening for health history with a nurse at my clinic already and I go in for a dating scan October 4th. Very excited for it to feel real and to see a picture!

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself! Me and my husband are big into multi-day rafting trips where we row down the river and then camp on the side of the river. We were fortunate to be able to do the Grand Canyon this year which was a huge bucket list item for us— it was awesome!
  • Introduce yourself: hi I’m conni, hoping to become a third time mom. 

Due date? 5/22

How did you find out? Late period took a test while my husband was away and got a positive then a negative and then like 10 positives. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    I have two other children- February 2019 and December 2021
    How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    I feel good my only symptoms are some nausea and flushed cheeks/hot flashes at night. 
    GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself! Hmmm, I’m 26 and about to have my 3rd child in less than 4 years. 
  • heasemomheasemom member
    edited September 2021
    @geriatriclady, I’m 38 as well. This will be #4 for me. 
  • Hi all! I am super excited to be joining you all in this birth month club!

Due date: 5/29

How we found out: I'm an obsessive tester and found out a week before I missed my period. I had a gut feeling!

About me: I work in education and my husband works in automotive tech. We have an 18 month old who is such a joy and learning new things every day. I love being his mom! 

How I'm feeling: I'm wishing I could fast forward a few weeks and get to that first appointment. Other than that, I'm feeling good, but I don't remember feeling so many emotions this early on in the past! Is anyone else feeling extremely emotional so early on!? 

Fun fact: My favorite mornings consist of hot coffee, a good book, and rainy weather! 
  • Hi! First time mom here and very excited after trying since February

Due date? May 23rd

How did you find out? I track my cycle and always start my period 1st thing in the AM. When I hadn’t started I took a test and it was positive! Told my husband right away because I was in disbelief

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I work as a consultant for the government and my husband and I are both wfh for now which is great. We were a 2020 wedding that was postponed and finally were able to have our wedding this year in July and honeymoon in August so the timing really couldn’t be any better!

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I’m 36, going on 37 and this being my 1st pregnancy I’m very nervous. I am trying to be positive but just need to get to my 1st apt on Oct 4th and hear my Dr tell me everything is ok. Bundle of nerves until then. So many of our friends have dealt with miscarriage and infertility so that weighs on my mind. So far my only symptom is fatigue which makes me feel super lucky. And I’m thirsty ALL THE TIME.

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself! I like to play tennis and go see live music. Baby got to go to its 1st show the other night! We had tickets to Tame Impala. Can’t wait to be a mommy and teach my little to play. Daydreaming about family adventures.
  • Due date?  Early May, won't know until the dating ultrasound. 

How did you find out?  I thought to myself "hmm, a relish sandwich sounds delicious" and realized my period was late.  Surprise!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have two boys (almost 2 and 5), two cats, 1 husband (coming up on 20 years) and I am an instructor at a local college. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Nauseous most days and tired. 

TW- I had a missed miscarriage/blighted ovum in December so I am a bit reluctant to participate fully here until I see cardiac activity at my first appointment. 

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself! 

I can never come up with these. I met my husband through a medieval reenactment group in college.  So I used to run around in bodices at camping events with him. 
  • Introduce yourself: hi I’m Patricia!

Due date? May 31

How did you find out? We were trying to conceive for a few months. Was taking pregnancy tests always on day 28. This month can back positive holy shit.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) my partner and I have been dating for about 15 months, and we are madly in love. When we knew we were life partners, we wanted to start trying ASAP because of my age and some fertility issues in my family. We have a cat jack who is a cuddly companion. We like to hike, travel, go yard sale hopping, and watch documentaries. We do lots of art together and are creating a cosmic Forrest in our backyard.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I’m still in shock! Hasn’t fully settled in. I have only told my twin sister and her husband, and we will tell my partners sister soon. We will wait until 8 weeks to tell our parents, and announce thanksgiving to rest of our friends. We are so in love but do feel a bit overwhelmed. Luckily we have a beautiful support system and we are both positive people that know things will fall into place.

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself! I’m a twin! We were born on December 31st.

looking forward to using this community as a support system and additional resource in my journey! Thanks!
  • @ knottie hi and welcome! Please be sure to change your username to something a bit easier to tag 😉 you might have to log out and back in again for the changes to take effect.
  • illiooillioo member
    edited September 2021
    Hi there, I’m 43 and live in Vancouver, WA together with my husband, our 2.5 year old son, a geriatric Chihuahua and two rather chubby kitties. I’m a design director at a digital agency in Portland, OR.

Due date: May 6

This is a complete surprise for us! I just took a test to rule it out because I thought I was already 2 days late. My cycles have gotten shorter but I took antibiotics at the beginning of the cycle and they must have delayed my ovulation. We actually thought we’re one and done but are really happy about this little miracle. I’m a tad nervous because of my age and the high rate of miscarriage that comes with it. Plus I already had 2 miscarriages prior to our little guy.

I had my first ultrasound this Monday and Bebe measured right on time at 8w3d with a strong heartbeat of 170!

As for symptoms: felt very tired and nauseous from week 6.5-8, pregnancy rhinitis and insomnia and my boobs are so sore. Starting to feel better now though. 

(I changed my profile name already but it’s not showing, so sorry! Might have to log off and on again. New profile name is “illioo”)
  • Introduce yourself: Hi everyone, my name is Sam!

My due date is May 8th, Mother's Day.

How did you find out? My husband's parents were coming to stay with us and I didn't want my positive or negative reaction to give anything away. We decided to test two days early and got two positive tests after I didn't believe the first one.

Tell us about yourself I am a 29 year-old elementary music teacher and just started grad school this semester. I have an amazing daughter who will be 2 on Christmas and my husband and I got married 7 years ago. We have 2 cats and 2 dogs. I enjoy reading, video games, working high school sporting events, and spending time with my family.

How are you feeling? My first appointment was yesterday and it was so exciting to see baby and a strong heartbeat! TW: This is our 4th pregnancy (my daughter was #2.) We made it to our first appointment last time, but I was measuring 3 weeks behind and there was no baby. I immediately started bleeding and miscarried so I have been terrified for this one. I have been a little nauseous, my boobs aren't as sore as they started out being, and I'm just tired all the time.

GTKY: My husband and I are licensed skydivers although my DD and COVID have put a bit of a hold on that.
  • I am 42, nice to have another late-in-life Mom on the board 
  • Hey @gadzooks_3! That is very exciting!!! How far along are you? Congratulations!
  • gadzooks_3gadzooks_3 member
    edited September 2021
  • tacosandtumstacosandtums member
    edited October 2021
    Hello hello!! Happy to be here for the THIRD time! Due date- May 27 based on LMP of 8/20.

Found out: Just got a BFP tonight after realizing my period was late and I’ve been craving pickles and hot sauce lol. I had a test and it showed a second faint line right away…surprise!

My husband and I have 2 other kids: October 2014 and January 2018

Other about me…We have 2 dogs- a 3 month old dachschund and a 10 month old lab. We just moved this year. Lots of exciting things happening!
  • lmay5547lmay5547 member
    edited October 2021
    Introduce yourself: Hello my name is Laura, looking forward to being a TTM.

Due date? May 11

How did you find out? Decided to take a test after 3 months of trying and had a very faint line that got darker with each day.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I already have 2 boys, 1 who is 13 and another that is 4! I'm lucky to get to be a stay at home mom while my husband works with his family business. We have 2 dogs, 2 cats, and 11 chickens 😆.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) This is the first time being pregnant where I have been sick from morning to night with NO energy. I had my first appointment 2 days ago and was able to see the heartbeat which was amazing and help put me some at ease.

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself! I have been a long distance runner my whole life and have been keeping it up through this pregnancy so far. It has not been easy through the sickness but it's something that helps me still feel like me and a break to help clear my mind and stay positive!
  • Due date? May 22 

How did you find out? Got very sick after dinner one night.  Realized the last time I was sick was when I was pregnant so took a test and it was positive.  Very much an unexpected surprise and will be our 3rd.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I already have 2 girls, 4 and 2.  Found out we were pregnant with #2 on my 1's 2nd birthday, and again found out about #3 on #2's 2nd birthday.  They will each be 2 years, 7 months apart! I'm a stay at home mom while my husband works remotely. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I am exhausted and nauseous all day.  I don't remember feeling this way with either of the girls.  I have a telehealth visit at the beginning of next week and in person the end of next week.  I have a history of losses so hoping to have a scan then.

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself! We totally thought we were done having kids and I was scheduled to get an IUD the day after I got a positive test....whoops!  Also I still keep in touch with the BMB group from my first and we are active on FB daily.  

• I’m B! Or Cali to friends

I’m due 5/22 (based off lmp)

Period was 6days late, bf jus asked “are you pregnant?” I went and got the tests, took em, and not even before the 3mins were up; 2 lines!

I have a 5yr old son, and a 10yr old daughter

I’m a little nervous tbh…I don’t know what to feel jus yet
  • Introduce yourself: Hey everyone! My name is Sydney and I'm a first timer :)

Due date: May 31st according to my calculations give or take!

How did you find out: Missed my period and thought it was just a problem with my ovaries. Went to the doctor expecting bad news, but found out that I'm expecting!

Tell us about yourself: Currently in college expecting to graduate in 2023. My boyfriend has already graduated and runs his business from home.

How are you feeling: I only found out a few days ago and it's been incredibly stressful with school and work, but at the same time I couldn't be more excited! Can't help but feel nervous about everything going smoothly.

Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself: I'm a California girl at heart and I love the beach.
  • Hi, my name is Brittney, 28 and from NY.

Due date? May 17th, my birthday is May 15th so this should be interesting!

How did you find out? found out because my legs started itching life crazy and it was the exact same sensation I had with my first. S/o insisted I was pregnant, apparently he knows my body better than I do lol.

Tell us about yourself: I have one child, he is 13 months old and just a beautiful boy. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) The morning sickness has been absolutely atrocious. It's all day long and everything makes me sick. Not at all what I experienced with the first. I had no symptoms with my first other than some bloating and itchiness, didn't even find our with him until I was approx 14 weeks. I'm also pretty emotional. Crying a lot, I wanted two close together, but I wasn't expecting it so soon. We struggled with getting pregnant the first time so I never bothered with going on birth control since I went without for 4 years with no luck. First appointment was 9/27 because my abnormal periods made me think I was further along than I am! Hadn't had a period since July but that's sort of the norm for me.
  • Introduce yourself: Hi Everyone, my name is Maggie and I am super late to the game—been a little hesitant to post so early on, but here I go 😊

Due Date is May 8th and I am a FTM

How did you find out? We had been TTC for 5 months and I was tracking everything. Might be TMI, but I usually have some spotting the 2-3 days leading up to my period but I didn’t have any spotting yet so I took a test on the day before my period was supposed to come and it was positive!! I couldn’t believe it!

Tell us about yourself. I currently live in Philadelphia but spend a lot of time down in Florida. I am currently working remotely so that’s been nice during this first trimester. My partner (boyfriend) and I have been together for 11 years. 

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good. I have been very tired and have super sore breasts but luckily no nausea! My first in person appointment was today and my next is 10/26 for my 12 week US.

GTKY: I am beyond excited to be a FTM but honestly feel so anxious about this pregnancy, I find myself worrying about everything—hopefully that passes soon!! I love fashion and binge watching TV shows 😊. Looking forward to connecting with everyone on here!!

• trailkindertrailkinder member
    edited October 2021

Introduce yourself: HI, I'm Danielle! 

Due date? May 31, 2022

How did you find out? I missed my period. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 14 and was shocked that it only took us 3 months to conceive.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I am a first time mom at 33. My husband and I waited a little later to try, as we both had a lot of traveling to do before we were ready to settle down. I teach high school English at a small, rural school. I love hiking, camping, cooking, reading, hunting/fishing, music, and I am obsessed with podcasts! My husband, Dave, works in the environmental field, and is, to be honest, very anxious about all of this.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) That's a bit of a loaded question for me today. I have had lifelong issues on and off with clinical depression, and the first trimester has got me down pretty low. I'm trying to keep my chin up, but the exhaustion/constant nausea and my stressful job has been a real struggle. 

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself! I love road trips! My husband and I usually pack gear with us when we travel, so when we can, we drive! The longest trip so far was 54 hours one way.