April 2022 Moms

Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

• Hi ladies !! My name is Taylor and I’m happy to be joining the April group 😊

im 28, been married for 10 years to my high school sweetheart . We have 3 beautiful kids together ages 9,7 and 4 . We totally thought we were done at 3 and then surprise #4 decided to show up . Hoping for a boy as we have 1 boy and 2 girls already but of course happy with a happy abs healthy baby. I’m a stay at home mom and have been since my first . My husband is a contractor . My due date is April 23rd and found out with a home pregnancy test due to my period being late. I have my first midwife appointment next week and I’m feeling a little anxious . I did a home birth with my last baby and plan on doing another one with this little one 😊
    I went back and forth about doing a home birth with DD. I decided on a water birth at the hospital since it was my first but I'm thinking of doing a HB this time. You prefer it over the hospital? 
  • Loading the player...
  • fameonmain2fameonmain2 member
    edited August 2021
    Welcome @knottieb8d3e353dd24f2e7! If you can, please change your username to something more memorable so it's easier to tag you/get to know you!

• Due date? 4/22/2022

We have a son from IUI born 10/1/2012, in the process of finalizing an international adoption of a 4yo and super surprised at this BFP since I’m almost 44yo!!! We also have a 5yo Boston terrier.
    My sons birthday is 10/8/12, we have Boston Terriers and, this is a surprise pregnancy after years of trying and we’re due date twins so I already feel connected to you! The adoption and surprise BFP is pretty amazing! 
  • taylorz8912taylorz8912 member
    edited August 2021
    @miss_lynn9 For my first I would have been slightly nervous as well . I realized I wanted a home birth after my hospital birth and especially with covid now happening I definitely appreciate a home birth more . I would say make a consultation with a local midwife and weigh out your options. I totally would advocate for anyone to have a home birth . If you have any questions about it you can always ask me
  • @taylorz8912 I have a MW already, she's the one that I had with my last pregnancy. I gave birth towards the beginning of the pandemic when there was so much uncertainty so I was going to do a HB because of Covid. I decided to do the water birth at the hospital instead. Which I am very happy with that choice. I didn't really see anyone other than the nurse that signed me in. The only people that came to my room were my MW and her partner so I'm not concerned about Covid in the hospital now. My MW thinks a HB is a good option for me so I am really considering it this time around. I just found the equipment in the birthing room helpful. The squat bar on the bed was the best position for me and I wouldn't have something like that at home. 
  • momof222momof222 member
    edited August 2021
    ntroduce yourself: Hi! My name is Makenna, this is my 3rd pregnancy, 2nd child!

Due date? 4/22/2022

How did you find out? I wasn’t feeling like myself, took a test and shockingly got a positive 7 days before my expected period. I took a billion tests after that lol

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) 

I am 22 years old, I have a 5 year old daughter, I am currently a full-time nursing student about to graduate in December! I currently work as a CNA. My partner’s name is Justin, he also has a 2 year old daughter! 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)

I have been pretty tired and nauseated! My first appointment isn’t for a few more weeks yet. I am excited yet a little anxious as **TW** my last pregnancy I had a blighted ovum. I am just hoping we have a healthy and happy baby!! 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us about a superstition you have or used to have!

A superstition I have is that if you open up an umbrella inside that you will have bad luck! 
  • Introduce yourself: Susannah

Due date? 4/18, according to TB

How did you find out? I thought I was having PMS, which I've never had before, cause I was driving down the road crying for no reason. Lol so I called my sil to ask about PMS and she joked about pregnant. I laughed it off and bought a test. Took one the next morning and the faintest line ever appeared. So, I waited two days and tested. Positive. Then I cried all the way to work. Lol then I told my husband on my birthday, two days later. Best birthday present ever. ❤️

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I'm married for 10 years and we have two fur babies-Linus and Lilly. Second time trying for a human baby. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Exhausted. Cramping. Food aversion- do not want to eat anything. Forcing myself- and then everything tastes so weird. Really need confirmation from a doc, hasn't really set in yet-i go next Wednesday. 

I don't like to be excited about something until I know for sure, because I feel like it'll be taken away from me. 

• todzillamomtodzillamom member
    edited August 2021
    Introduce yourself: I'm Katya and this will hopefully be baby #3! 

Due date?
    April 2nd

How did you find out?
    Just found out at a Dr appt on wed. Technically I had a positive HPT, after 8days straight of super positive OPK, 2 weeks ago, But I thought it was my hormone problems. I have PCOS and endometriosis and who knows what else. Baby #2 (who is only 14mo old!) took 3 yrs of fertility treatments to get here. Called Dr and she said to assume it's real and set up appt, but I knew better than to get my hopes up. So when I then I had what definitely appeared to be a full period the next week I knew I was right and it was just my crazy stinking hormones again. But at my checkup on wed doc did an ultrasound and not only am I pregnant, but almost 9wks. And I've been tracking my cycle, even with OPKs, for the past 3 mo as I promised my husband we could officially start trying, even though I wasn't ready to cuz I knew it would take so long, and possibly never happen. So I know I had 2 periods right on time that apparently I was pregnant during? And for both of them I consoled myself with margaritas for being a fertility failure, so that's great. Yeah, definitely still recovering from shock.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    Hubby is SOOOOOOOOOO excited. Oldest baby is a sophomore in high school. Youngest is just over 1, and I'm a 37 yr old stay at home mom. Used to be a middle school math an science teacher, but gave it up to homeschool the oldest and then got trapped due to pandemic and a newborn.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    So so so confused. Afraid to be excited (this is my 8th confirmed pregnancy, so the odds are severely stacked against us) . Extra confused cuz I have absolutely no morning sickness, and I had hypermnesia gravidarum with all my others, to the point of being hospitalized a few times. I mean, it's awesome to not be puking my guts out, but it's definitely not helping this feel real!

Really can't think of any, but already wrote probably way too much so sorry for rambling!
  • Hi Everyone! My name is Katie. Loved my last BMB and I am excited to be here!

Due date: April 28 based on ovulation date

How did you find out: We were on vacation last week and I was pretty sure I was pregnant. Felt irritable and more tired than usual…reminded me a lot of my first pregnancy. So I took a test and was excited but not surprised by the positive result. Husband and I have been trying for a couple of months and are feeling excited for another little one.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I am a pediatric speech language pathologist and DH works for the DNR. DH and I have been married for 5 years. We have an adorable DD who is 2.5 years old. Also have one 14 year old kitty cat. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?): Not many symptoms yet. Feeling some fatigue but nothing drastic yet. First appointment is September 17…anxious for the appointment and just want to hear baby’s heartbeat for the first time. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us about a superstition you have or used to have!: Don’t really have many superstitions
  • knm383knm383 member
    edited August 2021
    Hi! My name is Kendra :) I am a STM. Looking forward to connecting with people on here!

Due date: April 17, 2022 ... so I am 6+5!

How did you find out: my husband and I had been trying for a few months. I was at a friend's baby shower a few weeks ago and another girl announced she was 6 weeks pregnant, as there was some champagne being offered. I had a few sips but had this nagging feeling (maybe I should turn it down...what if I am pregnant too?!). I took a test when I got home and sure enough...a double line!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I am a child psychologist with a specialization in autism! DH and I have been married for 3 years. We have a bright, sensitive and spirited daughter who is almost 2 years old and who we love more than words can express!

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms?): I feel nauseous ALL the time. It improves ever so slightly after I eat but wowza...how am I going to do this for 5+ more weeks?! Also had a break down the other day worrying about how I am going to divide my attention with 2 kids..etc. I am someone who always has a difficult time with change...even if the change is wonderful and exciting!♡  

• Introduce yourself: Hello, lovely people! My name is Sam and this is my first rodeo :)

Due date? April 20

How did you find out? My partner and I were trying and hoping. Took a pregnancy test before I missed my period because I had been (oddly) craving red meat for a week. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I am an American expat who has been living in Brazil for 4 years with my partner and 2 cats. Going back and forth between feeling very adventurous and very naive for deciding to do this thing far away from loved ones and familiar systems! I work at a school and during the pandemic picked up an obsessive sewing habit. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) The nausea and exhaustion have been real. For the past week and half I’ve been throwing up multiple times a day, which makes me feel super weak. My sister was sick for the entirety of her two pregnancies; I’m trying to not let myself get too wrapped up in that thought. 

I’m lucky to have a wonderfully supportive network and the thing that makes me the most emotional is when I think about how many incredible aunties this kiddo is going to have. 

Never been a superstitious person, promise to be fun in other ways!
  • @knottiece5376a6e29a25bf Welcome! Congratulations! Make sure you change your user name to something more recognizable for us to be able to interact with you more in the next months! It isn’t as crazy as Brazil but I had my first in Hawaii, and my family is all on the east coast of USA, so we were really far from all our support systems and anything familiar. But we made our own village here and it has been such an incredible experience! DD FaceTimes with my family several times a week and she talks to them just like they’re in the room with us. When she was small they would call us just to have me set up the phone nearby and watch us do our daily activities 😂
  • Hello and welcome to the April 2022 BMB!

Introduce yourself: I’m a mom of 2 girls. Expecting our third baby. My oldest is 2yrs 9months, second is 9 months and this one is due April 5th. Praying for a healthy baby. A boy would be a blessing. 

Due date? 
    April 5th. 

How did you find out? 
    We planned, tracked ovulation. And on our first cycle it happened. So we knew it would. 

I have 2 daughters, no pets yet, we are a military family. Looking to get a child friendly dog in the near future for our girls. 

My first appt is Tuesday. I did go for an ultrasound today at 8w 4d. 

The only superstitions I have is that I think ghosts are real and I get scared easily with ghost stories. 

• Hello and welcome to the April 2022 BMB!

Introduce yourself: Very cautiously posting here after *TW* - loss mentioned* 3 early tri MCs. I've been a member of The Bump since 2011 with my first baby (more of a dirty lurker) than anything else. 

Due date? 4/27/2022 based on LMP (which is a little vague since I had Covid during my last cycle). My husband and I actually weren't "trying" this cycle, just to give ourselves a mental and emotional break.

How did you find out? Just took a test on a whim one night before bed - and that sucker popped up before the control line did. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I'm a 34 year old Kindergarten teacher. My husband and I have been married for 5 months (2nd marriages for both of us) and I have 2 DDs (9 & 6) from a previous marriage; this would be my husband's first baby. We are really just hoping (but also trying not to hope TOO hard) for a sticky baby this time.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I honestly feel so much more at peace with this one than the previous 3 - maybe that's a good sign? My first appt is Sept 9 - my drs office offered to have me come in for bloodwork now, but that was really so much more a head trip last time that I declined. They are getting me in at 7 weeks for an U/S. As far as symptoms - lots of lower stretchiness and off and on nausea.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us about a superstition you have or used to have! I think I have all of the "normal" ones - no opening an umbrella inside, knocking on wood, etc. And I just realized, posting here makes me really nervous - like it could jinx it or something.
    Me: 34 DH: 30
    BFP #6: 8/21/21 FX for a sticky baby!

BFP #5: 6/15/21 CP 6/21/21
    BFP #4: 2/14/21 CP 2/17/20
    BFP #3: 6/4/20 MC Blighted Ovum D&C 7/9/20
    BFP #2: 6/12/14 DD Born via CS: 2/12/15 
    BFP #1: 5/8/11 DD Born via CS: 1/18/12                                                      

• @weatheash OMG that's crazy! I was ttc so had some tests already. I had a dream I was pregnant 10 days before my missed period. Woke up, took the test, and SURE ENOUGH! Dreams are crazy.
  • Introduce yourself: Hello! I'm Frannie. I'm excited to be part of this group! 

Due date? 4/20/2022

How did you find out? I had some symptoms while on vacation, took a test when I returned home, and got a BFP!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) This is my first pregnancy, and I'll be married 5 years this October. I have a 4.5 year old goldendoodle. When I'm not working, I write novels and short stories as well as crochet (my pandemic hobby).

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I had my first US today! Baby is measuring 7W 0D, right on schedule. Feeling emotionally overwhelmed, but we added the sonogram on the fridge - a reminder of how real everything is. I'm feeling waves of fatigue, seeking frequent bathroom breaks, and needing to snack every few hours. I felt some nausea last week, so I changed my diet, and so far, so good! Hoping it stays manageable. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us about a superstition you have or used to have! No superstitions here!  :)
  • Hi! I’m Heather I’m in my 30’s and pregnant with my first! 

Due date? April 11th

How did you find out? HPT gave us a faint reading at first and after a few more a few days later we felt confident that it was positive! 

Tell us about yourself? My husband and I have gotten married, adopted our dog, bought a house and now are having a baby in this pandemic! So strange as we haven’t seen most of our friends since our engagement party in 2019 and have all these huge life changes! 

How are you feeling? Very excited for our first appointment on 9/9 and nervous as I’m unsure what to expect in this journey!
  • @frannie0422 what do you write?? I am also a writer-currently YA dystopian but my next will be contemporary middle grade. Short stories are my first love! 
  • edited September 2021
    Introduce yourself: im Joslyn! This is my 3rd pregnancy after 2 miscarriages that were about 15 years ago. Praying for a healthy pregnancy & baby this time around with my husband of 10 years! 

Due date? 4/27

How did you find out? 4 days after my birthday I took a test because I was late & it was a BFP! 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) my husband & I own & operate a commercial photography studio full time. We have 2 crazy little Boston terriers who can’t wait to be siblings! 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) nervous that everything goes well in this 1st trimester! So far seems ok but I’m only at 6 weeks… fingers crossed! 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us about a superstition you have or used to have!: I asked my father who passed 5 years ago to send me a rainbow for my birthday and I think he sent me my rainbow baby! 
  • @aukeev so glad you’re here! (We can cheat on A19 together) 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @zamoraspin2 Welcome! I’m sorry to hear it’s been stressful for you. Hoping everything stays okay!
  • @Avrilmai @zamoraspin2 so, so glad to be here together 🖤 @zamoraspin2 my fingers are crossed so hard for you and those sweet babes. 
  • Introduce yourself: I’m Diane and it’s been 13 years since my last baby 😳.  Hubby got a vasectomy after our first 3.  We weren’t done having kids but we wanted to adopt some children with special needs through the foster care system. Unfortunately being young parents and having children diagnosed with autism were held against us and we were unable to adopt.  5 years ago we did a reversal and 2.5 years ago a good friend of my oldest son had to be removed from her home so she joined ours and we became her permanent legal guardians a year ago.  So now we have #5 on the way and our kids will be 13(G-ASD), 14(B-ASD), 15 (G-FASD) and 16 (B-ASD). 

Due date? April 23

How did you find out? we were tracking ovulation so I did an EPT and was super shocked because we had been trying on and off for 5 years!

Tell us about yourself.  We have 4 cats, 2 dogs, 4 teens/preteens and my mother in our busy house.
     Job? I’m an education assistant and I specialize in teaching nonverbal kids to communicate.  Once the baby is born we thinking about going into baby and toddler foster care. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)- I’m excited but tired. Lots of nausea and afternoon/evening sickness (I got it for 7 months with my boys but only a few months with my daughter)

• edited September 2021
  • Introduce yourself: Hey y'all! I'm Miranda

Due date? 4/26/2022

How did you find out? Actually just had a weird feeling about it, so I took a test. Hadn't even missed my period yet, and had been preventing!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have 2 boys already. I'm a Speech Language Pathologist at a nursing home. I've been married 9 years. I love to craft.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Nervous/anxious/excited! Good bit of morning sickness already. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us about a superstition you have or used to have! You don't talk about a no-hitter before the game is over!
  • EagsEags member
    edited September 2021
    @huskymomma94 Husky! I didn’t expect to see anyone from “the old days” on here! 

Just like you, this pregnancy was a total surprise (what a far cry from IF with DS) so I totally get the whole still processing aspect. 

ETA: didn’t actually tag the first time 🤦‍♀️
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Hey, I was on TTGP what seems like forever ago when I was ttc DS (J13 baby). We struggled with IF but he was our blessing. Once I got pregnant with him, it kicked my body into ovulating on its own and we had DD (J18) without assistance. 

Due date? Around 4/15 to 4/17. I’ll go by the official US dates this Friday. 

How did you find out? I was late and took a test. I was around a week or so late before I tested… my periods aren’t super regular so I just assumed that was it. This was a total shock and couldn’t be any worse and at the same time any better timing (it’s a long story). 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) DS is 8 and DD is 3. I was a surrogate between DS and DD (their eggs and sperm, was just the carrier) and it was one of the best things I’ve done! I work in infectious diseases and went back to school to add another degree! DH loves babies, so although I’m still processing it, he is so excited! 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Nausea hit about 1.5 weeks ago and I feel like garbage. But all 3 previous pregnancies were this way for 1st tri. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us about a superstition you have or used to have! I don’t really have any superstitions that I can think of. 

6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Due date? 
    April 18th

How did you find out? 
    I was having an adult tantrum (tears included) because my husband wouldn’t tell me what he wanted for dinner lol he told me I needed to go get a test because we had been trying for several months. Fun fact: I found out about my DS because I got angry enough to punch a wall. Apparently I am an emotional pregnant 

A DS who is 15 months, husband, and two huskies. I am a high school teacher. 

Still in disbelief. It took us 2 years to get pregnant last time, and six months this time. 

I don’t really do superstitions. 
  • inkdbuginkdbug member
    edited September 2021
    Introduce yourself: You can call me Niks

Due date?
    Late April (April 24-27) hope to get a u/s set up soon to confirm a better date.

How did you find out?
    Been testing for a while because haven't gotten period back from #3, just to check. Then hubby said he wanted #4. I've been already tracking for the few cycles I got at 15 mos pp. He was sure so we dtd and I waited. One morning I was just emotional watching a kid show. I was reminded that I should try testing. Dipped test in pee and left it. Checked it, wasn't sure if I was imaging a SUUUUPERRR faint line. 2nd test with a frer a couple hours later, a clear positive line appeared immediately, just 10 DPO. That was 4 weeks ago. I'm 8 weeks now.

Tell us about yourself.
    3 other kids: almost 6, (bmb N15), 4 (lurked bmb aug17), almost 2 (lurked bmb d19). SAHM. Hubby of 7 years.

How are you feeling?
    Super nauseous, already lost a lot of weight past few weeks cuz I couldn't eat enough.
    Waiting to meet midwives, I am looking still, and hope this one is it. Hope to have a U/S within couple of weeks to see the baby!
     Had Home births with #2 & #3. Loved both times. #1 was a traumatizing hospital birth with all my control/decision making taken away. 
    Super anxious because I was on fence whether to try for another baby, until hubby said he wants to try. Cuz my cut off was my 35th bday (coming up in a couple of months), so I was ok with it.

Don't have superstitions. 

ETA: sorry for some bad abbreviations, I'm on mobile so I dont type out everything.