April 2022 Moms

Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

• Loading the player...
  • Due date? April 16

How did you find out? Didn’t believe it for about 4 days because the line was sooooooo faint! Most anxiety riddled days I’ve ever had. Was running on like 4 hours of sleep a night. Haha.

Tell us about yourself: First time mom after TTC for 15 months. I’m a health coach and hypnotherapist. Love anything outdoors and active (currently trying to find the balance of exercise and pregnancy because I’m so used to pushing myself very hard). My husband is super excited. He’s in IT and is an amazing potter on the side.

How are you feeling? Met with 2 midwives and decided on one yesterday. First appointment isn’t until 10 weeks. Tender boobs, cramping, little splitting here and there. Very emotional. Such a roller coaster of excitement, fear, anxiety, overwhelm, etc. nobody told me that even if you were planning to get pregnant, it can be really hard to adjust at first, so these emotions really took me by surprise.

GTKY Fun fact: I used to have to touch the outside of a plane before getting on the ensure a good fight. Haha. So dumb.
  • @aloha_mama so happy to see you here over from TTGP! I’ve been lurking and had my FX for everyone!
  • @aloha_mama We’re due date twins! Welcome! 
  • @knottie9f75b2a9950a8f58 welcome! Feel free to change your username so we can all tag you a little more easily. I love being active and outside, too, and I totally feel you on the wild emotional ride.  <3
  • @loveanddatadriven Aw, thank you so much! I feel like it’s so early for me to join here but since we’re waiting to tell everyone I need some support and I know this place is a great village. 

@maggiemadeit Hooray! Congratulations! My first was 5 weeks early so we’ll see what happens!
  • @aloha_mama yayyyy! Welcome! Love seeing someone else coming from ttgp!
  • @fameonmain2 @SmashJam OMG hiiiii fellow TTGP alums! Congratulations!!
  • @aloha_mama hello! @fameonmain2 hello as well! And @loveanddatadriven! I was gonna wait for May because my due date is so late but I know a few people here already so it felt like a good place to be! 
  • @DizzyWillow I love the idea of leaving little hints!! 

I'm both facinated and terrified about energies being attached to things. Are you interested at all in exploring your talents? 
  • So many new intros! Welcome everyone :)

Hi @SmashJam! So happy to see you here!
  • Introduce yourself: Hi! I'm Jenny. I'm 37 and hoping to become a STM after a MMC at 9wks last March and going through the IVF rollercoaster (4 failed IUI, 1st IVF cycle one made it to blast but the FET didn't stick, 2nd cycle 5(!) blasts and 4 PGS normal, and this time 1st FET success!). HCG confirmed to be increasing well after the second beta today, so finally comfortable joining the group. I haven't been on the community groups on the bump before, but it definitely seems a little less chaotic here than the groups on the other platforms! :smile:

Due date? 4/24/22 (the day before my 38th birthday!)

How did you find out? Couldn't wait for our scheduled HCG at 10dp5dt, so took a home test at 5dpt (a week ago) and got a positive!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) Our first son is 2.5yo (11/24/18), and we have 4 fur babies - 3 cats and a dog. I'm a veterinarian - mostly small animal GP, but some ER work when I have time to help out. My husband and I have been married for 16 years. He's retiring after 20yrs in the military next year and will be going into software engineering. We love to get outside as much as we can (when the weather's not unbearably hot) - mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, gardening, etc. I also love volunteering at our local aquarium, but haven't had as much time for that since our DS was born. 

How are you feeling? ( First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Very excited, but I've been a nervous wreck! I feel a little better after the good looking betas, but after the MMC last time I don't think I'll start to relax a little until after I can feel him moving. First US will be on 9/3. I've been exhausted, a little nauseous on and off and terrible insomnia, but I think that's more from nerves than true pregnancy symptoms!

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us about a superstition you have or used: None in my personal life, but very similar to @aloha_mama plenty at work, especially in the ER. In the vet world we also have the same taboo on saying anything about it being quiet or slow, we fear the full moon, and we try to over prepare for procedures, surgery etc. to ward off the bad juju. Funny to see the same thing for human med but it makes sense!
  • @jennykatedvm I’m a vet too!  Welcome!
  • @kiwi2628 Nice! Thank you for the welcome ☺️ I missed that you were a vet the first time reading through the bios. Seems like a lot of us wind up in IVF/infertility treatment.
  • DizzyWillowDizzyWillow member
    edited August 2021
    @miss_lynn9 I used to be scared too, now I think I'd be into it, but I have no idea where to start.
  • @Boobopgirl I’m dying at the clarification about your username 😂😂😂
  • Due date? Most likely 4.22.22 will know more after HCG and dating u/s

How did you find out? I have PCOS and prescribed medication to start my period but needed to test before taking. Shocked it was positive. Especially with the PCOS and years of infertility issues. Also had just put an offer in on a new home and they had accepted the offer the night before so it’s been a crazy week to say the least. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) Married and have been with my DH for almost 13 yrs, we have an almost 9 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. We have two Boston’s and a Siamese Cat. I’m a dog groomer and own my grooming salon. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Feeling great! Take HCG tests next week so hope those go well. 

GTKY Fun fact: I know black cats aren’t super natural or anything but a stray black cat started hanging out around our neighbors house after he died in the home this year. This neighbor was notorious for hating cats in the neighborhood. The cat was first seen the night he died, and then randomly I would see the cat hanging out on the front lawn of the now empty house. It’s silly but every time I looked out my window and saw the cat laying on the driveway it gave me pause. Another neighbor started feeding it and was able to trap it and get it to animal control. 
  • Hi everyone!

Due date: 4/29

How did you find out: we were TTC so I found out on 8/16 (our 7th anniversary) when I was only 3w2d. 

Tell us about yourself: this is baby #3 for us. I have 2 boys who are 5 and 2. We also have a 1 year old lab.

How are you feeling? Very excited but very anxious. It’s hard not to compare this pregnancy to my other 2. First appointment is on 9/1. So far just tired, trouble sleeping, sensitive to smells, bloated, cramping, heartburn and very moody. 

GTKY Fun fact: I tend to be superstitious about everything 😬
  • Introduce yourself: Hey guys. Bekah here! 1st bah-beh on the way

Due date? 4/22

How did you find out? I had spotting an entire week before period was due , and then period was late. Took a test and voila!

Tell us about yourself: 32, digital marketer. Husband and I excited for the first!! We have 2 dogs, and some gardens. I enjoy all fine arts, food, coffee, kayaking, camping, exploring, hiking.

How are you feeling? Currently traveling out of state, so haven't had any official doctor appointments yet. I've had a midwife appointment scheduled for 9 weeks.
    I'm feeling great, apart from insomnia and exhaustion.
  • boymom312boymom312 member
    edited August 2021
    Hi! Happy to be back on the bump after a looong hiatus. 

Due date estimated: April 28

How did you find out? 
    Late period while camping. POS when we made it home. 🤯

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) 
    I’m a married boy mom with 3 boys. I work remotely full time. We thought we were done with 3, but were shocked this week to find that a #4 was on the way!

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    I’m 41, so I’m nervous with this one, but very excited at the same time!

*Edited to update due date. 

• @huskymomma94! Hey girl! Glad to be back here with a friendly face :smiley:

• Due date? 4/22/2022

How did you find out? Home pregnancy test after period was a week late.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    We have a son from IUI born 10/1/2012, in the process of finalizing an international adoption of a 4yo and super surprised at this BFP since I’m almost 44yo!!! We also have a 5yo Boston terrier.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I have an u/s this Friday, first appt isn’t til sept 16th.
  • knotties, please update your usernames so we can interact with you! It's nearly impossible to tag usernames with so many random numbers and letters :) 
  • juleschristenjuleschristen member
    edited August 2021
    Hi I’m Jules (40) expecting for 5th time (3 miscarriages and 1 live birth). 

DD: 4/14/22

How I found out: Thought I was going through pre-menopause having a bunch of symptoms so I went to the doctor to see how I could manage also missed period. Was convinced that it was pre-menopause so I went in to talk to the doctor we are talking about doing some bloodwork and figure out some treatments to manage it. Meanwhile I had taken a pregnancy test just as a precaution but did not think I was pregnant.She came in to discuss and I asked is a pregnancy test was negative and she said she had checked it yet we continue to talk about bloodwork and then she left and came back and she says oh that changes things a pregnancy test was positive. 

About me: Mom to son who’s 17 in October. Tried to get pregnant again when he was 13 and has a three miscarriages within a year and a half including one IVF. Gave up on trying. Have two beagle rescues Jerry (6) and Gordie (4) Instagram jerry_from_jersey. I stay home and my husband works for Weather Channel/ IBM in NYC. 

How I’m feeling: Nauseous all the time. Nausea without throwing up which is annoying Because then I think I would feel better. Sore nipples, cramps and some food aversions and odor adversions. Forcing myself to eat even though I’m afraid everything’s going to make me sick. Thought I was seven weeks two days I went to my ultrasound and I am six weeks five days. Saw a strong heartbeat of 118. They mention they like to see it at 120 so try not to be too concerned. 

Fun fact/superstition: no superstition. I’m left footed, right with my right hand but eat and drink with both. 

• Introduce yourself: Hello! My name is Jackie. I’m 28 years old, and this will be my first child. 

Due date? 4/03/22

How did you find out? My husband and I were trying. I took a test (and three more) the day after I saw spotting from implantation. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I’m a teacher who is trying to leave the profession. It’s no longer my passion. I long to find some kind of job where I can work remote and do something I love. Being a project manager or business coordinator has sparked my interest. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I’m feeling good overall. I’m very lucky to say that I have mild symptoms. I always carry saltine crackers and ginger ale on me in just in case I feel off for a day. My first appointment is tomorrow, and my husband was lucky enough to leave work early to come with me! We’re very excited! 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us about a superstition you have or used to have! I still don’t open up umbrellas inside the house or walk under ladders. I don’t know what’s supposed to happen if you do that, but I’m not looking to find out lol

• Hi everyone! I’m Steph.

I think I am around 6+3. I have two little girls (4 and 6). My husband and I both work full-time from home. The past 18 months have been wild! We are in California where schools were closed most of last year and the year before and we’ve been balancing two kids + virtual school + full-time jobs and I really have a much MUCH greater appreciation for teachers than ever before.

I think due date is around 4/15, but I will have an ultrasound in the next few weeks to confirm.

I’ve been feeling absolutely nauseas and awful starting around 4pm each day which follows suit with my previous pregnancies. Today I noticed the sickness starting even earlier around lunch time (not cool!)

Our family is big into camping and travel as well as checking out new restaurants, galleries, hikes, etc.

Glad to be here and hopefully I can help or at least help support- after two kids you would think we would know it all but every day we are reminded that we pretty much have no idea what we are doing!