Infertility
Options

Low AMH Level

Re: Low AMH Level

• Options
    Kp214Kp214 member
    edited April 2021
    @sfield21 I’m so sorry. I don’t know anything about the antibodies. Have you looked at an ERA?

@Hopeful_mom so glad that you’ve been able to get appointments and the headache is better. I’m happy to have you to go through this with again. At the time of the ERA, the RE had trouble reaching my uterus (I have some sort of tilt of my uterus so there’s a sharp curve to reach it). He made 4 attempts and kept apologizing. One of the attempts, he retrieved a small amount but only enough for one of the two tests. I told him I wanted him to keep trying. Finally, he retrieved a good sized biopsy for the other test. It was uncomfortable, and I hadn’t taken anything prior. I forgot. Hopefully, it won’t be so difficult for you. 

AFM, my nurse is supposed to call me in the next week or so just to confirm everything. I don’t think I’ll be able to stim any sooner than July but hoping there will be an opening. I think I’m to call when I have my cycle in June so they can prime me for the cycle in July. That’s my hope since EPP seemed to help last time. 
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Options
    Thank you for your help and kind words. 
    @BusinessWife my first transfer in 2018 of an untested embryo resulted in our daughter. We were very lucky and had no issues. Now TTC #2 I’ve done 3 transfers of untested embryos, then we tested our 9 remaining embryos and only had 2 normals. The first normal embryo transfer didn’t implant, and this was the 2nd normal embryo that I miscarried exactly at 6 weeks. I believe a CP they won’t give the rhogam because the babies blood wouldn’t have developed, but 6 weeks or more along they will give the rhogam. I was pregnant after our 3rd transfer and the baby had abnormalities and Down syndrome, so we made the decision to terminate that pregnancy. I also had an SCH so I was bleeding a lot plus had a CVS test. I was given a few rhogam shots throughout that pregnancy and after it was terminated. So we’ve done 5 transfers for #2 and haven’t been successful.
    I’ll find out today, but it sounds like somehow I developed the Rh antibodies. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sfield21
    Is there anything they can do if you do have the antibodies? 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    @mbradfo2. Looks like I don’t have the antibodies. I think they were seeing a slight trace of the rhogam from my November shot. Which makes it look like I have developed antibodies. I will be discussing further with my family dr and RE.
    I believe there are things they do if you have the antibodies though. High risk OB, they can give the baby a blood transfusion while in the uterus and after birth. It sounds very complicated and dangerous for any + blood type babies. I’m glad I don’t have the antibodies, but I still can’t stop questioning why this baby miscarried or what I did wrong. I know many of you ladies have gone through this.... are there any answers? Do I just try again? Should I do any further tests? We have 2 more “untested” embryos. We sent them for testing but the sample wasn’t good enough to get any results. 
  • Options
    @kp214- wow, I can’t believe they are so booked up!! Is it a really small practice? That seems wild to me to have wait when you are ready (and paying)!!

@sfield21- I’m sorry for your loss :( I wish there were more answers. I’m so glad you don’t have the antibodies. I got the rhogam shot last pregnancy at 5.5 when I spotted ans this time too at 5.5 weeks. My RE is really careful, but I never researched the science about the rhogam shot myself. She just said there was no downside in taking it early for a little bit of spotting... it must work well bc I have never heard of someone having the antibodies and having issues later...
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    skyee87skyee87 member
    edited April 2021
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Look forward to sharing this journey with you all! <3

@sfield21 I am so sorry for your loss and sending you so much love and strength. 

@andreamm31 You have no idea - what you said stayed with me all of this weekend. I think I'm always trying to see if there's ways to improve and I fail to realize that sometimes the best approach is to just not touch it and leave it as is, mainly when I think the first round was pretty good all things considered. Thank you for planting this seed and helping me work through it <3 I think I was at first slightly disappointed with the numbers based on my AMH (1.9) and AFC (11) and was hoping for more than 5 and wondering why I couldn't recruit more follicles, but thinking about it globally this weekend, I am very grateful for those 5.

@mbradfo2 thank you! I have not read it yet but have heard about it - since I'm taking this month "off," I'm going to buy it and read it! Very happy to hear about your scan results by the way - praying so much for you and for things to continue to go smoothly!

@tangerine32 thank you! Congrats on the blasts! Such great news and FX for euploids! <3

My first cycle was 300 Follistim, 150 menopur and dexamethasone and followed by Ganirelix on the last few days. My trigger was ovidrel. I was also taking COQ10, DHEA and prenatals. ER resulted in the exact number of eggs I expected based on my follicle sizes/count (more below in response to @Hopeful_mom), but I was slightly surprised that only 3 were mature (with one, based on my call with our embryologist, being very much so on the not so good quality category). I started on the raspberry leaf tea after reading about it here and bought acai powder after reading your post - it can't hurt for cycle #2, right?! I sooo appreciate you walking me through what you did on your second cycle as it definitely gives me ideas on what to ask my RE this week.

@lucyb1954 thank you and big big big congrats on the baby!! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. I am wondering if I'm low on Vitamin D. My prenatal gives me about 400iu, but I read somewhere we should have 5000 iu a day?! If that's the case, I'm definitely not getting that much. I'm also wondering if the omnitrope would help, so thank you and @tangerine32 for mentioning it as it definitely got added to the list of questions for my RE. The limiting sugar also makes sense because I definitely went a little crazy on M&Ms at some point during my stimming (I'm a stress eater and candy is my absolute fave) so will keep an eye on that and try to control my chocolate craving.

@Hopeful_mom that is a great question! I was thinking, based on my follicle count/size, that I was going to get 4 mature (so 3 was a little surprising). Then, after talking to my embryologist, I was even more surprised to learn that the one mature that did not fertilize was likely due to egg quality :( On the day of trigger, my stats were: Left ovary: 0 to 2 < 10mm and one 14.1mm (this was the one I thought would definitely not be mature), and right ovary: 0 to 2 < 10mm and 20.3mm, 16.1mm, 16mm and 19.2mm. It sounds like the trigger was not enough to help bump the 16mm ones based on two being immature and one not being good enough to fertilize? So many questions and I'm definitely one to overthink so fun times!  :D  

With all of the above being said, I am very (very) grateful (and feel very lucky) for the 2 fertilized/blasts and my PGT-A normal one in this first cycle. All of the above is really just the result of my overthinking and being terrified that I perhaps was very lucky this time around and such luck will not repeat itself. I'm hopeful y'all can help keep me sane! :) 

• Options
    Found this in my pictures folder and felt it was particularly apt!

Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• Options
    Kp214Kp214 member
    @skyee87. That’s great to have a normal one!  Yay!

@JamieH2000 congratulations on hearing the hb!!!!  That’s wonderful!  Do you know the gender from pgs testing?  it’s a small clinic, 2 re’s. I see an re every time I go. They do their own u/s. They have a good live birth rate, better than all of the places closer to me. It’s why I drive 4 hours round trip. We’ve already paid for our two cycles and are just waiting. I don’t think I’ll get to cycle early but there’s always a small. chance. 

@mbradfo2 I appreciate the picture. It’s a nice reminder. 
    TTC since 3/2014
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos

• Options
    @Kp214
    @JamieH2000
    I'm at a small clinic too and had to wait a month or two to get on the schedule. It's actually a solo practice so my RE does EVERYTHING --  u/s, procedures, monitoring and I see him at every appt -- although he does have an IVF nurse who coordinates the little details of cycles and transfers. It's probably more expensive than the big centers we have around here but I know everyone in the office and they know me (I remember when I went for my first ultrasound when I was pregnant with DD -- they were all so happy and cheering me on!). 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    @JamieH2000 Great news, happy to see that post this morning.  
    Still need to catch up on everyone's posts and send a welcome to the new members with our group.  This is a group of wonderful ladies that are there during the good and bad with lots of great advice and a shoulder to lean on.
    AFM: Trying to manage day to day, will be taking an extended leave from work and just focusing on physical and mental well-being.
  • Options
    @Imajin99 sending you so many hugs <3 I think it's healthy to take some leave from work and just focus on you and your mental/physical health. I know when I haven't processed something fully and just try and press on, my mental health ends up taking a total nosedive and things are worse for me. We are all here for you and praying/thinking/holding you in our hearts. 
  • Options
    @kp214- it sounds like a great clinic and worth the wait for sure!! I’m lucky I get personalized attention by nurse and RE (which isn’t always the norm with other doctors at the large center I go too), but I def don’t see my RE every time!! I will cross my fingers you get in early!!

@lmajin99- I think about you often. Sending you love during this impossible time. I’m glad you can take an extended leave!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    skyee87skyee87 member
    edited April 2021
    @JamieH2000 yes! We're doing a second cycle in May to see if we can get a second. FX <3

We had a call with our RE today and feel pretty good about the plan going forward. We discussed the maturity ratio concern and she noted she will likely change the protocol slightly (change trigger from ovidrel to HCG and tweak the menopur/follistim). I also asked her about vitamin D and other supplements, but she thinks the change in the trigger will do the trick. We also discussed the FET and I hadn't realized I had already done a hysteroscopy (so yay, that's out of the way!). Given the number of embryos, we talked about doing an ERA before implantation and I'm leaning toward doing it and getting it out of the way, so add one more month to the count. :#

• Options
    skyee87  sounds like you have a good plan in place, I wouls agree with the suggestions!  I'm an over thinker too if I'm being honest ;) but I think your questions are very fair, I've been in your situation with a few at 15 and 16 and they've pulled through in the past with a trigger so you definitely are right to assume they would mature, what was your E2 going into the retrevial?  Usually thats a good indicator of whats to come as well...my numbers were always on the lower side and usually about 200 per egg give or take.  I literally just did an ERA the other day, no one likes having to wait a cycle but I've already lost two normies and dont have much to spare anymore so I need to see whats going on!  And always have that reminder that is truly quaility over quantity!  You're amh is 1.9? that's actually pretty good, hopefully you'll have a better response on this next cycle!  How far away are you from starting?

Imajin99 I think of you often and I'm thrilled to see you're taking some time for yourself right now, its so important!  Keeping you in my prayers friend!

JamieH2000 grow grow grow baby girl!  so excited and happy for you!

@andreamm31 thinking of you as well hoping lots of self care is going on and you're feeling well!

@mbradfo2 - how are you doing?  hoping the aniexty is a lil less this week!  when do u go back?

@c-town@lucyb1954 hope you're enjoying some extra baby snuggles!

@businesswife where r we at? FET soon?

AFM:  ERA completed more below...
    hopefuljj) so I'm thankful I was able to get it done locally this time. 
    As for the headaches still no answer but thank gd my brain looks good, they verified I have one :)  All jokes aside yes I'm thrilled nothing series was found but dont love that its all the hormones, stress, life etc that theyre saying is the cause right now.  Do i pray the jolts never come back of course!!  But I'm concerned regardless...as is everyone else..mostly my mom!  I keep saying selfcare is so important and I really need to practice that and take a tips from you other ladies!!  As of now they say to move forward with TTC #2 but it could happen again, gee thanks :(  So I now wait for the tests results to come in...
    History of TTC in spoiler box
    TTC since 2014
    Unexplained Infertility - but I am 40...Low AMH .30
    7 - IUI (50mg-150mg Clomid) Feb - August 2016 all BFN 
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)
    IVF#7 June 2017 // EPP praying this is it and then on to an FET!

• Options
    @Hopeful_mom. Soon.... I'm still trying to hang in here. :)
  • Options
    @Hopeful_mom Thanks friend, appreciate it! I am lucky to be with a good employer and have been able to take some time to recuperate and hopefully be in a better place in a few months to think of trying again. Sorry you have struggled the last bit and have been suffering from these headaches and issues.  I am glad they did not find anything serious but wish you had more of an answer.  Will you start for the transfer during your next cycle?
  • Options
    Imajin99 I wish I had more answers too as you get nervous about what your next steps should be.  As much as I would like to start another transfer I doubt my results will be in before my cycle begins...I was going to say I'll probably be ready next month to try but its looking like I need to have good test results before I can really say that, so we shall see....hope you're havng some peaceful moments!
    TTC since 2014
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)

• Options
    edited April 2021
    @JamieH2000. That sounds perfect!  There are so many little variations that can happen in measurements, and you're still talking about measuring somebody that is pretty tiny.  A day or two either way is 1000% not a problem.  I try to remind myself in times like these, if the doctor is not worried about it, then I need to try and trust their judgement and not to be either!  I know easier said than done ❤️
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 Thank you, I am hanging in there and trying to keep busy with other things.  Congrats on graduating from the clinic, always a big milestone.  And super happy to hear that you see your OBGYN quite quickly.  Here I had a lot of trouble (maybe cause it was my first time) of getting an OBGYN that would see me quite quickly as some offices I had called had said I had to wait till 16 to 20 weeks to be seen.  Anyhow, cannot wait to see your progress with your lil bean :) I may have missed this before and if you are sharing, do you know if it is a boy or girl?
  • Options
    Kp214Kp214 member
    @JamieH2000 that’s wonderful!  So happy for you. Sounds perfect. 

@Hopeful_mom hope your head feels better.  Do they plan to keep you on any medication for them or to wean you off it in the near future?

@skyee87 a second cycle sounds like a good idea. Good luck!

afm, still waiting for July but did find out I will have to have Lupron suppression for a couple of months IF we get any normal embryos. So, a FET, at the earliest will be November. My anxiety is through the roof. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    @businesswife- thanks you are right of course! Rationally I know it should be ok, but with IF PTSD we are all just programmed to obsess over every little thing that could be off!

@lmajin99- how could they make you wait so long?! That is bananas. This first appt is always with an NP, but that’s fine. Last time they had me see an OB by 10 weeks since we had bleeding, vanishing twin, etc. we are having a girl! Our last known girl (one pgs boy left and 4 unknown). I am glad you are trying to keep busy but I hope you can get away a little? Were you ever able to get any firm answers after delivery? I assume they do testing? It’s so disappointing that the NIPT was so inconclusive for you and you suffered so much longer than needed. Would Pgs testing the remaining embryos be an option? Not that pgs prevents everything... but it may help give you some peace of mind next time?

@kp214- ugh that sucks you can’t do the suppression now while you are waiting? Have you done the suppression before? One thing you could ask about- my RE does orilissa instead of lupron suppression, as it’s less side effects and can do it as little as 6 weeks (I did 8). I will never know what helped this time, but perhaps it was “resetting” my uterus with the orilissa! Could you do the new Alice and Emma test while you wait to make sure there is no endometritis and the uterine biome looks all good??
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    Kp214Kp214 member
    edited April 2021
    @JamieH2000. Thank you for all of that info. I’ll ask about all of it. Did you also have endometriosis or did you have endometriosis?  I did the suppression last September and October. We did a transfer in November. **tw** we had a couple of positive hpt tests but beta came back below 5. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    @kp214- I had stage 2 endometriosis removed in 2016. It was pretty minor. So not sure what is like currently. I never had endometritis until last July. My era biopsy (where they also checked for endometritis) in March 2020, came back with stromal cells but no endometritis. After my June 2020 transfer was a chemical, we did a biopsy again for endometritis and it came back positive. That began 3 months of trying every type of antibiotics to resolve it. I had a hysterscopy in oct 2020 where my RE removed some polyps and scar tissue and the biopsy (of the polyp) still showed endometritis. But she was convinced we had gotten it all. So we transferred in nov ans it was a BFN. So that’s why we tried one more round of antibiotics, an antifungal and the Orlissa for 2 months. After 6 weeks on orilissa, we did another hysterscopy and biopsy ans the biopsy came back negative for endometritis. I would def get whatever you can tested before transferring, just in case 
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 yes baby girl!!  happy graduation!  Glad you have another appt scheduled.  As others have said the beginning can always be hard and they say a day or 3 behind or ahead is usually fine and what I hear all the time!  IF land makes us obsess over every milestone for sure!  Half way through the first trimester lets go with that :)

@mbradfo2 how are you doing when's you're next appointment?

@andreamm31 thinking of you always!  How are you doing?  When you had your headaches did they become more mild as time went on where you can function but knew it was still there and then magically woke up one day and they were gone?

@lmajin99- its interesting your OB didn't want to see you sooner, it was opposite for me they wanted to see me before week 12 or wouldn't take me as a patient.  Was that with the High Risk dr too?

Kp214 headaches are still here but at least its less, any stress does not help the situation!  Jamie gave some great advice as always, definitely ask your RE...I took her advice as well ;)
    TTC since 2014

• Options
    Hey guys, just quickly checking in.  So happy to hear everything is going well @jamieh2000.  Thank you all for your sweet words and thoughts.  Im coming out of my depression slowly and starting to feel a little less sad and emotional.  My HCG is down to 307.  Im kinda bummed because last time it took me 8 weeks to get from 127 to 0, so Im hoping this time is quicker than that.  Im 2 weeks past the D&C and finally slowing down on spotting and hoping that its the end. No idea when I will be able to start back up again, but im estimating around end of June, beginning of July.  I go back to work May 10th.  Just trying to focus on self care, exercise, gentle walks in nature with friends, and getting my acupuncture and Chinese herbs to help keep me balanced.
    @Hopeful_mom my headaches were pretty debilitating all the time, but they would minimize with acupuncture.  And then when I started doing Healing Touch, they literally disappeared with treatments and stayed gone when I would do treatments on myself everyday.  Hopefully yours improve soon!
    @lmajin99 Im glad you have the time to recover and get yourself to a place where you feel well enough to try again.  Sending you lots of love
    @skyee87 glad to have helped.  Wishing you the best

39 years old   DH 41.  Sperm looks great.  We live in San Diego  
    Me:  ****TW loss mentioned***
    MTHFR Homozygous 677TT (dx 2016)
    hypothyroid
    8/2018           Off birth control
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/8/2019        Saw fertility doctor, AFC 5, labs drawn
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    4/18/2019      9 week ultrasound  MM , stopped growing at 6 weeks, no HB.  D&C 
    5/2/2019       Return to fertility doctor, labs show AMH 0.27. Diminished Ovarian Reserve
                         1st of 3 Egg retrievals planned tentatively for July
    6/29/2019     started Antagonist Protocol 
    7/12/2019     First egg retrieval, only retrieved one egg and fell apart immediately, poor quality.
    8/7/2019.      Second cycle (follicular antagonist) canceled on day 5 of stims when a very large lead follicle grew out of nowhere.
    11/8/2019.    Second Egg retrieval with Lupron Flare Protocol.  2 eggs retrieved, fertilized with ICSI but no reaction occurred at all.                       Told I will never have my own babies with my eggs.
    12/20/2019    ERA - pre-receptive.  Needed 24 hours more of progesterone
    2/2020          CP
     3/2/2020     Egg donor cycle in Prague at Unica Clinic, 2 AA embryos, 1 transfer, 1 on ice. BFN.  Due to pandemic, we could not return to Prague and will abandon our remaining embryo.
    4/20/2020.  BFP trying on our own! 
    06/04/2020   After HBs at 7 and 9 weeks, MM at 10 weeks 3 days.  D&C, Hemorrhaged out 1 liter of blood from uterine artery rupture during procedure.     Spent 1 night in the hospital with a balloon tamponade in my uterus. Baby was mosaic Trisomy 21.
    8/2020.  Moving forward with Donor Egg cycle at Utah Fertility Center and sharing a cycle with ladypOtter (Gina) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague but couldn't.  
    9/26/2020 Donor retrieval of 26 eggs, 24 mature.  Split cycle so I have 12 eggs with all 12 fertilizing. 6 PGS normal 3 boys, 3 girls
    10/29/2020 Transfer day of  girl donor egg embryo.     BFP! First HCG 92.9. Then inappropriate rise, plateau and falling.  Possibly ectopic pregnancy.  ER visit with diagnosis of "pregnancy location unknown". CP
    1/19/2021 Embryos shipped from Utah to my local clinic, starting prednisone for anti-histamine protocol. 
    2/26/2021 FET girl embryo BFP. Betas 62, 139, 386! HB at 6 weeks, then baby stopped growing at 8 week check up with weak HB measuring 6 weeks 4 days.  MM at 9 weeks. D&C 4/15/21
    7/13/2021 FET boy and girl embryos. First beta 10dp5dt 177, 14dp5dt 1631, 16dp5dt 6809. Pregnant with Identical triplets.  At 9 weeks, Baby C no longer had a heart beat. Identical Twin Girls.   Pregnancy complicated by TRAP Sequence with baby C an Acardiac fetus still receiving blood flow being pumped to it by other girls.  Referred to UCSF at 18 weeks for consultation.  No intervention needed at this time
    2/18/22 After a failed NST, at 34 weeks 1 day, Charlotte born 4lb 4oz and Lily born 4lbs 10 oz.  Our hearts are complete.  Baby girls in NICU to grow and learn to eat.
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    Kp214Kp214 member
    @JamieH2000 thank you!  I have sent an email to my nurse asking about the orlissa as a possibility. My RE will be back in the office on Monday so fingers crossed I’ll get an answer then. It would be wonderful to do this prior to stims and it allow me to do a transfer, if we have any normals, before November. That was hard last year, and I don’t want to do it again before the holidays. 

@Hopeful_mom glad the headaches are less and hope they disappear soon. Hang in there. 

@andreamm31 keep taking care of yourself. Sounds like you are doing a great job being gentle with yourself. This is such a hard time. You are in my thoughts. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    @skyee87
    I would probably do some supplements anyway but I tend to be a horrible patient haha. Maybe get a fertility blend prenatal that has some of the supplements you're interested in trying? My clinic has a variety of prenatals specially formulated for IVF/transfers that you can buy.  I like the Conception prenatal from eu-natural but it doesn't have omega 3-DHA or enough Vitamin D so I took extra pills for those things. (And the DHEA, CoQ10 but I stopped those once I was pregnant). Once I finish my bottle of Conception, though, I'll just take the prenatal my OB prescribes ( last time it was Concept DHA). Does any of this actually help? I'm not sure. But it certainly can't hurt!

@Hopeful_mom
    It's so frustrating when you don't get clear answers! Hopefully the headaches will stay at bay...I have chronic migraines that got worse with fertility treatments but then I started taking a beta-blocker (Inderal/propanolol) for anxiety as needed and it helped my headaches so much that I just started taking it for that purpose. I do think stress tends to bring on the migraines so the inderal probably helps in a multitude of ways since it's very calming. (Unfortunately I had to stop taking it since while it's not teratogenic but can cause slow heartrate in the baby later on in pregnancy).

@andreamm31
    So good to hear from you! I'm glad you are starting to feel a bit better although waiting for next steps is never much fun.

@Imajin99
    You are in my thoughts; take care of yourself!

I have been a terrrrible forum poster this week! I've just been so busy and then tired and blah. I'm struggling to get caught up a bit so I'll probably be doing that over the week as time allows! 

AFM
    Everything looks good -- baby girl is on track (if not a bit ahead)  and nice strong heartbeat. I have one more scan this upcoming Friday and then I'll hopefully graduate (FX). We probably won't announce until we're in the 2nd trimester fairly solidly; I announced at around 14 weeks with DD since it coincided with our 10 year wedding anniversary (yes, we've been married forever...!). My birthday is the first week in June so I might announce then provided things go as they should. Still a LONG way to go, but small steps in the right direction.

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    Kp214Kp214 member
    edited May 2021
    @mbradfo2 so excited things are going well!!  Just the boost I needed. Thank you for sharing. 

@JamieH2000 re said Orlissa is a possibility and may want to repeat the Receptiva test. So yay for answers. 

Has anyone tried the supplement NAD+?  What are your thoughts on it?  Was it recommended or warned against?

TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    skyee87skyee87 member
    edited May 2021
    @Hopeful_mom <3 Based on my last appointment, it looks like I'll start stimming again early June. I found out my RE would like me to take the full month off and re-start the count with my May period (do the priming pre-June period). More waiting, but I'm okay with it. My E2 was about the same as yours - pre-trigger, I was at 1007.9 pg/ml (so about ~200 pg/ml per egg give or take). Hope you're feeling better and the headaches disappear soon! 

So excited for you @JamieH2000 and @mbradfo2

@mbradfo2, thank you for the tip on the prenatals! I'm definitely going to do some research and check it out!

• Options
    @mbradfo2 Thank you :) Day by day I am starting to feel a bit better.  Super glad to hear that things are going well for you.
    @andreamm31 Thank-you girl, trying to go for daily walks and have immersed myself in some really good novels. How are you doing?
    @Hopeful_mom How are you doing and feeling? I really do not know why OBGYNs did not want to see me earlier, I actually did not have one beforehand so was cold calling some offices based on recommendations from the clinic and friends.  We actually had a talk with the OBGYN this week and has reassured next time around that she will have me in immediately and will that I get extra scans and that the scans are completed at the hospital vs. private imaging clinics.  The call was reassuring and it is far from my thoughts right now but I do know that I will get myself prepared to try again.
    @Jamieh2000 how are you doing? how did your first appointment go with the OB?
    @skyee87 Good luck with your next cycle, taking a month off to reset is always good to do after completing recent cycles.
    @Kp214 Have not heard of NAD+? I am sure someone here may be able to advise you? what is it recommended for?
  • Options
    @mbradfo2 @Jamieh2000 love seeing your updates and just want things to be smooth sailing! (and thx for the med info. will have to make a note of it!!  Lord knows the older I get the anxiety is a thing!)

@Kp214 I wish I could offer some info, but this is a new one for me, I have not heard of NAD+, what is it short for?? And here I thought I knew it all... NOT!! :D 

@Imajin99 hi friend! so glad you are taking care of yourself and even thinking of the future as well!  Its all so important!  I was the same called calling a bunch of places as my OB was no longer doing deliveries...go figure.  Who knew drs can pick when they no longer feel up to that anymore!  (*TW - I had to cancel my appt after the loss of my twins, it was like the day after....which then meant I stayed with my clinic the next time around MUCH longer then they usually do and went searching for a new OB.)  I'm really glad your OB is making you more comfortable, my OB new about my past and really was great with all the US I had!  Lucky for me I guess he never just did a doppler and always looked at everything.  Keep having the conversations so in time when you are ready you know you will be all set to go and try again and be comfortable with it. 

skyee87 thanks for the kind words, I really wish these headaches would just go away already, its so odd.  At least I can go a day without taking soemthing for the pain...but I rather just be pain free!  Glad you have a plan in place and you don't mind the break.  Its hard, but a rest and re-grouping can be a good thing too!

@andreamm31 good to hear from you!  Glad you're taking time for you!  Really hoping your numbers cooperate with you...that part shouldn't be such torture too!  Thanks for the info.  Getting acupuncture is just so far away but it might be worth a shot...too bad you don't live closer ;) This is such a crazy experience!

AFM: the trio results are in...
    Looks like everything came back as receptive and good!  Which yes I'm happy about...who really wants there to be something wrong BUT then you have the lingering thoughts of why didn't it keep going.  Something we will never have the answer for.  Now I still have to discuss whether I do a natural or medicated FET.  I don't have many chances left at this point so it's just making it more stressful...which we all know doesn't help anything!    UGH!!

TTC since 2014

• Options
    Kp214Kp214 member
    @Imajin99 @Hopeful_mom NAD is a metabolic enzyme that in a study of mice found to improve egg quality. Some women in a DOR group I follow on Facebook spoke about it. I haven’t heard much about it but in my research for ways to increase this level naturally, it’s coincided with a few things my acupuncturist told me, eat an egg a day, drink a glass of whole milk, exercise, etc. 

@Imajin99 I’m glad you were able to talk with an OBGYN and get reassurances. I hope this gives you some peace of mind. I hope things keep improving for you. 

@Hopeful_mom glad everything is normal!  That’s a great hurdle to overcome.  What are the pros and cons of a medicated fet vs a natural one?  I’ve only been offered a medicated one hadn’t considered a natural one. 

@mbradfo2 @JamieH2000 hope things are still going well. 

@skyee87 you may have mentioned this already and I’ve forgotten, but what protocol are you doing?  Are you priming?
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    @kp214- I hadn’t heard of NAD either! But maybe it’s newer. I’ve been donor eggs since 2017... so a lot has changed in the last 4 years I’m sure!! I keep hoping there will be a magical
    opening for you soon!!

@lmajin99- good to hear from you friend. I’m glad glad to hear your OB has a good plan for next time. Have you thought about testing your remaining embryos? It does have some risk, but you deserve no more heart break!!

@hopeful_mom- welll good results are good I guess!!! I would never wish dealing with endometritis on anyone. Does your RE think either a natural or medicisted FET would be better?

@andreamm31- sending lots of love your way and hoping your numbers are decreasing faster than last time!!

afm
    Thanks for checking in all! Baby looked good on Monday and measuring on track! I’m dealing with some severe nausea and struggling to not lose too much weight. I’ve been on diclegis but will start reglan today. Even in the constant sickness, I still feel beyond blessed and try to keep that in the front of my mind. I hope you all join me here soon!!!

History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    skyee87skyee87 member
    edited May 2021
    @Kp214 First cycle, they had me do estradiol + ganirelix for a few days prior to my period and then the stimming was 150 menopur, 300 follistim and dexamethasone until about day 8 and then adding the ganirelix. Trigger was ovidrel. I was concerned that the ovidrel trigger was a bust, and the RE (without me mentioning anything) seemed to have the same concern, so we discussed doing HCG this time around. I haven't received my schedule yet (I think I'll get it after my period this month so I'll know more) but she suggested using the same protocol this second cycle. A little nervous about whether the first time was just a fluke and now everything will fail miserably, but that's in line with how my anxiety typically trends. :D  
  • Options
    @kp214- Thats very interesting NAD, definitely new to me!  I certainly hope it can help and give you better results!  Its funny all the different things we try, you would think an egg a day wouldn't be good for your cholesteral!  Like a piece of chocolate a day is good for my ass  :D 

JamieH2000 the age old question, to do medicated FET or natural FET, is the question!  Exactly what I started out with months ago  :s Dr is leaning back to medicated since that worked the first time...I do wonder now that BF has ended if natural would be fine...but the protocal really isn't much different at my clinic, estrace is the only different component. 

skyee87 I hate that this process is just full of anxiety, we really need to tell remind ourselves that at this point its up to our bodies to do the work and us stressing only makes it worse!  I need to take this advice!!
    TTC since 2014

• Options
    Kp214Kp214 member
    @skyee87 I think that’s similar to my last protocol that was my best one 4 years ago. I also used hgh that cycle for the longest amount of time than previous cycles. Hopefully, you’ll have great results this next time as well. 

@Hopeful_mom I hope you are successful no matter which protocol you choose. You’re right that it’s up to our bodies to do the work and stressing doesn’t help. This came at a good time for me. Thanks for the reminder. 

AFM, still just waiting. My June cycle starts on 6/24. I wish it would start about a week later so I don’t have to wait most of July to start stims. Oh well. Just longer to supplement. Has anyone taken DHEA and experienced more irritability?  If so, what did you take to help with that?  Thanks. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• Options
    Kp214Kp214 member
    @andreamm31 glad you advocated for yourself!  Sounds like a plan for your next cycle, which I hope is soon. 
    TTC since 3/2014