Infertility

Jan 2021 IVF/FET

12346»

Re: Jan 2021 IVF/FET

• You’re probably right @soccergirl23 ❤️I really tried to stay positive this cycle and just power through with a “this isn’t so bad!” attitude but the mere idea of emotionally and physically preparing myself to do this again is making me unravel a bit...

It’s 11am and I’m sitting here waiting for a call from the lab about the number of fertilized eggs...we’ll see! Doctor will call at 5pm, likely with guidance to freeze and do a FET next month. Thankfully I took today off too.

Here’s a bit of a crazy q...has anyone consulted a psychic or astrologer about their journey?
  • So here’s the next day rundown...28 eggs. 23 were mature. 13 fertilized:)
  • Loading the player...
  • @thezaltyberger yay!! Great news!! I’ve been watching for your update! :blush: grow embryos grow! <3
  • @thezaltyberger yay!!! Great numbers!!! Grow babies grow!!
  • Nice! I think you should easily get 5+ embies from the number of fertilized!

AFM, some more folli's popping up on Wed's scan. The doctor upped the dose of one of my stims - Gonal F, I think. We had to order some more from the specialty pharmacy, luckily there's one just around the street from our neighborhood. If things look good tomorrow, I think they will schedule the final scan or ER at some point? I totally forget how this works. I just do what they tell me XD

I'm trying to catch up with everyone's posts; been super distracted this week!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• dukie001dukie001 member
    edited January 2021
    @thezaltyberger Yey for 13 fertilized! It’s a good number! As @mbradfo2 said you have a good chance for at least half of them to become embies 🥰✨✨✨ 
  • @mbradfo2 i think my last scan is 2maro they uped both mt gonal f and menopur yesterday 
  • Talked to my doctor and he recommended freezing and doing a FET. My estrogen is over 3,000 and he worries that getting pregnant now would over stimulate my ovaries. I didn’t realize that this meant waiting for me to have 2 periods, not one, putting us at end of March/beginning of April. I definitely wasn’t physically ready for a fresh transfer on Monday considering how lousy I’m feeling now, but 2 whole months? We’re going to talk to him again in a week so he confirms how many of the 13 fertilized eggs turned into blastocysts.
  • @thezaltyberger 2 months?? Why 2 months though? I thought you would go right into it
  • @vl__2019 the other option was a transfer Monday and I’m just not physically ready for that 
  • @thezaltyberger what about next month 
  • @thezaltyberger 2 months is not that long considering you’ll create a perfect “house” for your baby. 
    @vl__2019 that what I’m going through right now ...kind of. I’m waiting for first period to get my hormone levels to go to normal, and starting from second one we start on meds again. I pray the wait is worth it if it results in healthy pregnancy 
  • @dukie001 yes i hope this waiting grants both of you the results we all want
  • @thezaltyberger wooohoo great numbers, so happy for you :smile:!!! Sorry that you have to wait 2 months, although I agree with the above - it's good to give your body the break it needs after being such a champ and making that many eggs. The waiting is always the worst though, I feel your pain.

@mbradfo2 yes, the last few days could either be more scans or scheduling your ER, they just want to get as many possibly mature eggs as possible so they watch and measure them very carefully towards the end. Hopefully your ER is soon!
  • Up in the middle of the night because DD needed to potty and then didn't want to go back to bed...I realize I forgot to update here!

Friday's scan showed 8 good size folli's and a couple smaller ones. Since the lead follicle wasn't quite over the threshold yet, my doctor has decided to continue stimming over the weekend and come in Sunday and Monday early for a check. He doesn't like stimming for so long, but he feels we might be able to get a few more this way. Right now his major concern is close monitoring while I continue the stims to make sure we don't "fry" what we already have by stimming too much. So he'll see where we are on Sunday and then make the decision to push one more day and do another check on monday. I'm not very excited about having to go in on Sunday, but it is what it is. Luckily the stims haven't been too awful for me as far as side effects, just the normal ones I've been dealing with and I can take another day or two of that if it means getting a few more eggs.

DD seems to be back asleep now so I'll see if I can get some more rest before the day begins! 

@thezaltyberger
    I think the two months is likely to give your body a full cycle to recover before doing more medicines to plump up the lining and such. Delays are always frustrating, but I think they want to give you the best chance possible with your FET.  My doctor says FETs have a small but real edge over fresh transfers as far as success rates go which is why he prefers doing freeze-all cycles -- probably likely to do with the hardiness of the embryo to survive freeze and thaw (and be able to get to the point that you CAN freeze) and doing everything you can to encourage a healthy womb and implantation when you do make the transfer.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @mbradfo2 I’m kind of admiring you going for another ER. I really hope it works out and you can get viable embryos. I’m not looking forward to second retrieval. I have my last embryos left that are the lowest grade. But I pray God at least one stick for good this time. 
  • That is REALLY helpful @mbradfo2 thank you! Hope you got some sleep in the end :)
  • My egg retrieval was supposed to be today, did the trigger shot and everything, got tested for covid before procedure and I tested positive, so my cycle was cancelled, so devastated, trying to keep my head up but its so harc
  • Oh @vl__2019 I am so heartbroken for you, I am so, so, so sorry. I can imagine how you feel right now emotionally. How do you feel physically? Do you have COVID symptoms? Come join us on the Feb thread, we'll be there for you <3
  • @thezaltyberger no symptoms at all, my husband tested negative thank god, 
  • @thezaltyberger whats the February thread called
  • @vl__2019 I am so so sorry to hear that, it is heartbreaking to hear that you went through all of that. On the (slightly) positive side - I've heard with every cycle your medications and reaction to them becomes more apparent so your RE may have gotten some useful data out of this cycle at least that you can use for your next. I know that may not be super helpful right now though. I am very glad to hear you don't have any symptoms though and are feeling okay physically. Agreed with @thezaltyberger, come join us on the IVF/FET Feb thread when you're ready.
  • @vl__2019 just tagged you in the Feb thread, it's called February IVF/FET
  • @vl__2019
    UGH. That sucks so much. Stupid covid screwing everything up. Will you start your next cycle after a negative test?
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 I really hope so, i plan on staying home for the next time throughout stimming, i wonder if i can start when i get my period or maybe the going to want me to wait out a cycle