August 2021 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• Loading the player...
  • @hannelorre welcome and be sure to jump into the Health and Fitness thread, I was just asking people over there for more info about Peloton and would love to hear your opinion!
  • Due date? August 3

How did you find out? I had a sneaking suspicion due to not using protection 1 time. Literally once 🤦🏼‍♀️

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have 4 kids, ages 6, 5, 3, & 1. My husband and I thought we were done but are in for a surprise for more! We live on a farm in Minnesota where I am obsessed with my chickens, homeschool my kids and enjoy a lot of baking. I’m also a graphic designer in my “free time” aka in the evenings when my kids go to bed. 

First appointment? Any symptoms? 
    My first appt was December 7th but baby was too little so I went back the 22nd and we got some great 4D photos so we could tell out kids on Christmas Eve. I’m wiped, throw up often and my boobs are ginormous. 
  • Hi ladies! 

Due Date? By LMP it’s 8/31

How did you find out? I had COVID & had to go to the hospital due to my breathing issues. The x ray tech asked me if I was pregnant and it got me thinking then I realized I hadn’t been pmsing like I was supposed to. I have pcos so my cycles are all over the place. When I got home I tested and it was positive!

Tell us about yourself...I have a 7 year old boy & this will be my first baby with my BF of 2 years. We have a 1.5 year old pit mix named Misha. We love going to six flags on the weekends (wahhh no more coasters) & just staying active as much as we can. BF & I work for UHC transportation but different departments.

First Appt, etc... 1/21 & I’m super nauseous, I vomit almost everything but crave steak like crazy. I’m exhausted, I get headaches, my boobs are sore & I have a touch of acne.

Happy to be back! I was a part of the July13 group waaay back haha

• Welcome @leia_solo !! And congrats! How are you feeling now with your breathing? 
  • A lot better! They gave me an inhaler and it was an instant relief. The last 2 weeks my breathing has improved dramatically, I don’t get winded like I used to. Doc says the pneumonia has cleared and I was able to go back to work Wednesday. I’m also back to my workout routine this week but of course modified & I do get tired a little more easily.
  • Welcome @litzi-2! HBD to your LO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Congrats and welcome @MegStark!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @bard37 love your pups’ names! Welcome! 

@lilbabyturtle welcome! I hope your nausea is improving. 
  • @bard37 MH and I are both nurses too! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @emmylou78 that’s awesome! It makes life a lot easier when you both are in health care haha 
  • @bonanza1226 welcome due date buddy!! 
  • @bonanza1226 Congratulations! And welcome! 

imageimage

• Welcome ladies!
  • @lmajin99 we're here if you're ready now that it's second tri!
  • Welcome @ladyp0tter! There are a couple of us here from infertility so I recognize you from over there.
  • @fitmomma1989 how is the 5 year gap? Mine will be 5 years apart too and I don't know anyone else with such a big gap except myself - my older sibs are 8 & 10 years older, but my parents also had one after me close in age. Welcome to the group! 
  • @claireloSC
    I personally love it! I love that I got to have 5 years with my oldest & then our son came. She was more independent and able to help when he was born. I also loved that she was headed into Kinder & I got to have one-on-one time with baby. 
    They are 10 & 5 now and play really well together even with the 5 year age gap :)
  • @claireloSC DD1 and DD2 have a 6 year age gap and they get along very well. Of course toddler tantrums can be frustrating for her when she’s trying to play and share. She’s been such a big help from the beginning though. I feel there was a bit of jealousy but everyone was getting used to the new addition with DD2. I’m more concerned about DD2 and new baby now 😅
  • +1 to the 5 year age gap question! Good to hear from those that have enjoyed the 5-year gap. My first two are 25 months apart (now 5 and 7) and so this 3rd will be born right when DS is going to kinder. 

imageimage

• Thanks, that's helpful! I just don't want DD1 to feel too left out when DD2 is getting more 'attention'. DD1 is very much a mama's girl and wants a lot of time and attention from me.
  • Hello!! 
    First time mommy to be here. 
    EDD is Aug 5, 17 weeks today. 
    I was two weeks late so took a test and got some strong double lines lol
    Had really bad morning sickness for first 14 weeks but finally feeling better. 
    Very tired (idk where this second trimester energy is but I don't have it lol) 
    My boyfriend has been amazing and so helpful doing lots of chores around the house for me :) 
    Finally meet my OB and I've had a few ultrasounds now, I cry everytime!! Haha my gender ultrasound is 3 weeks away and we are very excited!

• @knottie7b4aaa49241775ce welcome! 
    If you plan on sticking around I'd suggest you change your user name 🙂 you may have to go to the knot to update it though.
  • @lmattox18
    Welcome! I believe @pickle-chips is also in academia! My wife is a professor as well. That sounds like a rough semester, you're a tough mama! Do you not get any paid leave? Sorry for the anxiety - a lot of others on here feel the same so feel free to share with us and get some support!
  • @claireloSC, No paid leave.  I’m not on tenure track/ have tenure, but I don’t know if I’d have different benefits if I were.  I do get to make it asynchronous so that will help a little bit, and it’s an intro class that I’ve gotten to the point of needing to change very little from semester to semester (finally, thank goodness). 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I think tenure track profs usually do get leave, I'm sorry you are not getting paid leave. I hate that about our country...all parents should have paid leave. I'm glad the asych will help somewhat. Ha, I know what you mean about not having to change from year to year - my wife just recently got to that point as well Year 3 of being a prof. @loloyoyo26