August 2021 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• @jaxalia - Love the term “moderate outdoors people” My husband and I are the same. We love all the outdoorsy stuff but definitely don’t get out to do it as often as we’d like. 

@mrspants0809 - I’m a true crime podcast fan as well! Do you have a favorite? Mine is True Crime Obsessed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @dancingnarwhal I haven’t listened to that one yet.  I like/have listened to MFM, Two Face, The Murder Squad, Casefile, Cold, In the Dark, Missing and Murdered, Someone Knows Something. The last 3 are some of my favorites. 
  • Yes exactly @dancingnarwhal! DH and I met while we were camping and spent most of our summers at the lake, but it’s crazy how much life gets in the way of finding time to get out there. It doesn’t help that I’m in Michigan, and I would say I’m not a winter outdoorsy person 😂 so a good period of the year you’ll find me in my house under the blankets haha I told my husband we officially have to get our fireplace built before the babe is here for next winter. 
  • Welcome to all the newbies!! 
    34 Mother of 4 year old and 2 Labs. Happily Married to my Hubs of 6 years.
  • @dancingnarwhal @mrspants0809 I love a good true crime podcast! Currently listening to Morbid as I’ve burnt out a bit on MFM. Also highly recommend Up and Vanished and Serial.
  • @jaxalia I’ve listened to both of those (Up and Vanished and Serial). I haven’t heard of Morbid before. I’ll definitely look into it. 
  • @thereisalight @cyanope and I are also from J16!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @claireloSC that’s awesome! I really regret not participating more on that board. Can’t believe they’ll be 5 next month 😭
  • @thereisalight I know 😭 except Feb for mine because she was due at the end of the month and then was two weeks post dates. Can't believe our babies are getting so grown up. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @thereisalight, another J16 member! Seriously can’t believe they’re almost five. It blows my mind. Welcome to the board!
  • @BourbonBiscuits I am right with you on the countdown to 10 weeks.  I will be a bundle of anxiety until we get past that....and probably after too 🤷🏼‍♀️
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • @ChristenMA83 welcome! Boxer puppies are the absolute cutest. Very jealous of all the puppy cuddles you have coming your way very soon.

• @ChristenMA83 100%. I feel like I'm going to be anxious until I have a baby in my arms!
  • Welcome @pickle-chips!! I love your username 😂 also constantly PO(LOTS OF)S. I bought a ovulation and test set when we decided to try and I have about 90 tests at my disposal lol 

Would love to hear what board games you're into - I just bought my husband a few 2 player board games for us to get into since we're home for the holidays.
  • @jaxalia Haha sadly we’re moderate outdoors people too. We love it but just don’t make the time to get out much for anything other than walks to the park with the kids.

@Gwyneddlesliegrace Ever since my first home birth I’ve dreamed of becoming a midwife! 

@thereisalight Hi! I’m from O18 too!
  • @jaxalia ooh! What games did you get? I just ordered Illimat for our Christmas board game gift tradition—I guess technically it is a card game. It's a The Decemberists collab (love their music) and illustrations are done by one of my fave illustrators (Carson Ellis).

We love Splendour, Lords of Waterdeep, 7 Wonders (and 7 Wonders Duel), Humans!!!...umm, more but I am drawing a blank. 
  • @pickle-chips yay! So excited to see you here <3 
  • @pickle-chips the Decemberists are one of my faves!! So good. Also a big board game fan, I need to check some of those out.
  • @pickle-chips I picked up 7 wonder duel, the fox in the forest (and the fox in the forest duet), and patchwork. I’m really excited to dive into them all! 

We also love playing Tales of Evil, mysterium, and other games like catch phrase, phase 10, etc. my favorite video game to play right now is Overcooked 😂 but it gets us into fights.
  • @jynjer3 I’m in CO too!!

@pickle-chips I just read through your June21 story while lurking.  I’m so sorry for your loss.  ❤️
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited December 2020
    @Panaceia I don’t know if you remember me or not, but we were in July 2019 together! I wasn’t super active after the second trimester, but remember your username! 

Due date?  August 28th 

How did you find out? I have been testing since 10 DPO, and got a “squinter” yesterday morning. This morning a clear but thin line, and this afternoon a little darker. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have a 17 month old daughter, two dogs, and two cats. Small zoo at my house, but never a dull moment. Just trying to make it work with all the Covid craziness, I am currently working from home and my husband works in the office. 

First appointment? Any symptoms? No appointment yet. I wanted to see a clearer line to be sure. I will probably call tomorrow or Monday. I have been crampy this week, like mild period cramps. This has me kind of nervous because I didn’t experience this with my last pregnancy. Trying to be optimistic though, and just taking things day by day. 

*Edited to fix typo*
  • @ematurn23
    ***dirty lurker from the July 2021 board***
    I got pregnant with my third right after my Mirena was removed.  I didnt know I was pregnant until 2 months in as I kept waiting for AF 🙄  congrats!
  • @ematurn23 I got pregnant 9 days after I got my skyla (mini-mirena) removed. We were really surprised as we were prepared for it to take a while. 
  • @rgn12 Yay!!! Yes I remember you!!! Congratulations!!! My EDD is only 1 day ahead of you:) It's so nice to see a familiar face on this board!!!

Also, don't worry about cramping! I've had it for the first 6 weeks in all of my healthy pregnancies:)
  • ematurn23ematurn23 member
    edited December 2020
    @tiggywiggles luckily well I guess not luckily lol, but I still had a period throughout my use of the Mirena so I knew when it was expected. I cannot imagine finding out 2 months after I had it out that I was actually pregnant lol! And thank you!! We are so excited!! @jaxali it is making me paranoid that something is wrong!! I thought for sure it would take a while, but I guess the timing was right ☺️
  • I guess I don't know how to tag people lol
  • @ematurn23 I get it, I feel exactly the same way. I can't shake the feeling of "waiting for the other shoe to drop" but I'm trying to stay positive!
  • ematurn23ematurn23 member
    edited December 2020
    @jaxalia me too! Glad I'm not alone!