August 2021 Moms

Introductions

Hi Ladies!

Due date? 

How did you find out? 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)

First appointment? Any symptoms?

@BumpAdmin
please sticky this thread. :)
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 

Re: Introductions

• Loading the player...
  • @HotSauceSwagBag that's awesome that you do agility! I did it for a little bit with our doberman, but it was more for therapeutic purposes than competition. (He's a rescue and has confidence issues. Agility helped a lot with that). If we ever get another dog, I'll probably try to do it with them on a more serious level. 
  • @HotSauceSwagBag that's awesome that you do agility! I did it for a little bit with our doberman, but it was more for therapeutic purposes than competition. (He's a rescue and has confidence issues. Agility helped a lot with that). If we ever get another dog, I'll probably try to do it with them on a more serious level. 
    I love Dobermans! I was very close to switching to them. Agree it helps a lot. I used to have a very very shy Sheltie and she was never great at it but it really helped her confidence! 

BFP #1 10/30/15 MMC found 11/30/15 D&C 12/11/15 EDD 7/9/16
    BFP #2  3/21/16    Nora Mae born 12/6/16
    BFP #3 11/27/20    EDD 8/6/21
    healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself

• That's so cool @HotSauceSwagBag! I just watched this border collie agility video earlier today and cried at how cute it was that the puppers jumped to the trainer.  Our border collie mix passed this summer, they are so cute.

@shoogapoff OMG the PIO is the worst. I tried a shot in my leg and couldn't walk for two days. I found this great video about backside shot placement though and since then it's been much better. Excited to have another IVFer too! Congrats on getting your positive. Totally get it not feeling like it's real. DD took 2 AI and 7 IUI and I was mega stressed for most of the pregnancy thinking I wouldn't possibly get a baby at the end of it. I'm excited for you! I have my second beta on Sunday but I'm not really concerned, I'm feeling zen this time.  My first ultrasound will be in two weeks but you can't see anything much at that one. 

Also want to say my friends from my first BMB are my best friends and we still talk daily, so I'm looking forward to the relationships that will develop here! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @claireloSC I literally cry every time I watch P!nk run lol. They’re amazing. 

Agreed, loved my old BMB and looking forward to meeting a new group of moms! 

BFP #1 10/30/15 MMC found 11/30/15 D&C 12/11/15 EDD 7/9/16
    BFP #2  3/21/16    Nora Mae born 12/6/16
    BFP #3 11/27/20    EDD 8/6/21
    healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself

• @TCUFrog08 Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your past loss. I know that brings up a lot extra anxiety. 

What kind of crafts do you like to do? I crochet, but no sewing for me!
  • kding said:
    My due date is Aug. 4 and my husband's birthday is August 5!  

My husband's birthday is also Aug 5!  Hoping baby comes a little earlier though. 
  • Welcome y'all! Glad you could join us.

@doodlemom131That makes more sense to me honestly, I had a ton of monitoring last time cause of my cyst and you couldn't see much until week 12's ultrasound anyway! That was my favorite one, baby was the right size to look like a baby but small enough to see her all on the printout. :) 
  • Welcome, everyone! Im glad this board is getting active!

@safire3 Its great to see another IVFer! Going through IF treatment has already brought up some unique issues for me in pregnancy. I'm trying to stay positive and trust that just because everything has been hard to this point doesn't mean things will stay that way. 

@ashkel215 5 cats sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm sure it gets chaotic. :) I love my fur babies!

@kding I'm sorry to hear about your chemical. I hope you are able to relax with this pregnancy. 

• @ladyk127 Welcome! We're glad you're here! :) 
  • @mamabirdlonging Welcome!  Hoping for the best news for tomorrow!  It's hard not to worry about all the bad things that can happen.  I get it.  Especially following a loss, but each pregnancy is it's own and there is no reason this one won't be healthy and uneventful!

• Fingers crossed for a great beta @mamabirdlonging! 1800 is a nice high number. Will you supplement progesterone with pills or shots?

• @claireloSC thanks for the good thoughts! Iwasn't offered shots. I actually didn't realize it was an option. They offered suppositories or pills. I did suppositories last time because the pills made me dizzy. They are so expensive though, so I am going to try the pills again first.
  • @mamabirdlonging I have number envy!! That is a great first number! Mine is only 48.2. I also have a blood draw tomorrow. Got my fingers cross for 100 lol
  • @mamabirdlonging. I’m in Texas too!! We are just north of Houston!! 
    I’m supplementing with progesterone too. That’s a great HCG number! 

@ladyk127  welcome!! 

34 Mother of 4 year old and 2 Labs. Happily Married to my Hubs of 6 years.
  • @mamabirdlonging Not sure if it's just an IVF thing, they offered me the suppositories/pills as well and I said no and I just do the shot every day. It is expensive though, it's like $250 a month or something like that.
  • @herewegoagain3rd I'll be thinking about you today too! ❤
  • @mamabirdlonging good luck to you too! When is your draw? Mine is in about an hour.
  • @herewegoagain3rd @mamabirdlonging Good luck today!  Hoping for good news!

• Okay, all done, now I wait!! They should call around 4 or 5. I think I am more nervous for this one then the first one!!
  • Unfortunately ladies, I will be leaving you. It is a chemical. Good luck to everyone. I wish you all healthy pregnancies and babies.
  • herewegoagain3rd I'm so sorry for your loss. It's always hard to lose a pregnancy.
  • @sayrian welcome!! What subjects do you teach? 
    34 Mother of 4 year old and 2 Labs. Happily Married to my Hubs of 6 years.
  • @herewegoagain3rd I'm so so sorry for you loss. Thinking of you. 
  • @herewegoagain3rd I'm so sad to read this.  It just sucks, I know.  Take care of yourself. 

• @sayrian Welcome!  Fingers crossed we all have healthy and uneventful pregnancies ahead!

• TCUFrog08 said:
    @sayrian welcome!! What subjects do you teach? 
    Elementary, so all subjects. My students are 9 though so learning virtually had been a pain, but not as bad as for those that teach five year olds!