Infertility
Options

June DE FET

1234568»

Re: June DE FET

• Options
    laurad75laurad75 member
    edited August 2020
    Thanks @madasm0530.  I actually just got the call. 

I started at 48.7 on Thursday (10dp5dt) and today I am 156.2 (14dp5dt).  Yay.  I go back on Thursday morning for one more check and then if that looks good my ultrasound will be 2 weeks later.  Phew! 

@c-town18 Progesterone looks really good too at 30.15 which I know is a good sign.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    c-town18c-town18 member
    edited August 2020
    laurad75 - Yay is right!  Sounds like your little one is on the right track for sure! Hugs to you, I'm sure that was a looong 4 days to wait.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yayy! so amazing  <3

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Options
    @c-town18 It was a very long 4 days but the testing at home helped.  I knew it had to be an increase after seeing the line get darker but seeing the number was reassuring.  We were so busy over the weekend and this morning I took my son to one of the local museums to make the morning go by faster.  The next few days I will have my sitter here and those days always go by really fast so hopefully Thursday will be here before I know it.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 Wonderful news! Excited to see it! Whew, I love seeing those updates. Can't wait until you all get your scans, it felt like an eternity until I got mine!
  • Options
    Sorry I have been MIA! we were out in the woods at a cabin and camping all last week. So nice. but hard to be back to reality!

@laurad75- yes girl!! that is a good increase!! hopefully the next one is just as good!!

@radmom27- sorry you have the 3 month delay here :( I really really hope it goes fast and then the next transfer works!!

@madasm0530- congrats on the strong betas! This board is on fire!

Sorry if I missed anyone, i should be able to stay more caught up now that I'm back in civilization!

AFM- finally got my biopsy results and i have chronic endometritis (not endometriosis). Its an infection in the uterine lining. Its nice to have a reason for the chemical. But I'm so bummed yet ANOTHER thing went wrong (that we checked for in March and wasn't wrong!). Like seriously? So now its two weeks of strong antibiotics and another  biopsy. Probably at least 1.5 months until a transfer. Just crazy that nothing can ever go easy....
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    JamieH2000 - Oh man, your forest escape sounds perfect!  Re: the biopsy results - have you had that type of infection before or what caused them to be checking for it in March?  Blah, any delay of course is the worst but like you said, at least you have an answer to "why" and can do something about it.  Hang in there, girl, we're all rooting for you always.    

*TW*  Random side note:  I forgot how time consuming it is to keep up with all the meds post FET!  It's way easier to do now that I'm working from home thank God; I have no idea how I kept up with them the first time when I was working full time at the office.  *End TW*  
  • Options
    @radmom27 thanks so much for cheering us on <3 I hope the next couple of months passes fast. Once the next couple of months are over, then they will do your ERA? 

@JamieH2000 oh vacation sounds so nice! It's blisteringly hot here in Utah this week. My boyfriend is building a garage in our backyard and doesn't want to go anywhere until he finishes it so weekends are stuck here for now. I think he's almost finished though? I hope? I'm glad you have an answer. It totally sucks and I hate antibiotics but I hope this sets you up for a great transfer in another 1.5 months. At least you know everything else is okay, no polyps, and it's better than surgery at least? (silver lining?) But I am really sorry you have to keep waiting. It's torture. And it seems like that's all IVF is. Waiting for cycles, waiting for transfers, waiting for phone calls, WORST. 

@c-town18 I am SO scared of forgetting my meds. Seriously. I can't wait until they're over because I have such bad anxiety about forgetting a dose. Plus my buns are done. Just done with PIO. 
  • Options
    @c-town18- thanks friend!! I have not had an infection before, but my RE checks for this with everything ERA biopsy. She sends a portion of the sample to another lab to check this. I think its becoming more and more common to check for endometritis in failed transfers.  It does feel good to have an answer. I'm just hoping everything will align perfectly whenever we finally get to another transfer...

@lucyb1954- ugh so hot there! good time to just lay on the couch when its so hot. That was me two summers ago. I felt like i missed so much of the summer being nauseous, but it was worth it of course :) I'm trying so hard to be at peace with whatever timing works out, but its HARD!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    c-town18c-town18 member
    edited August 2020
    OK update:  
    Had U/S this morning at 5 weeks 5 days.  The good news is that the baby is where she should be, is measuring just right, and we were able to see a heartbeat flickering.  However my question at this point always is whether the yolk sac is enlarged (*TW* because on my twin M/C in 2016 the yolk sacs were both enlarged at 6 weeks which apparently is a strong sign of abnormality but the clinic never bothered to mention it to me until after I miscarried, then the RE commented on it.... gee thanks *End TW*)  Anyways, I always want to know now.  Of course I had a shitty U/S tech today who wouldn't tell me anything when I asked about the size of the yolk sac and said I just have to wait for the nurse's call.  Her response to that question concerns me (like if it looked of normal size don't you think she would just tell me that knowing I was anxious about it?) and now I'm looking at the U/S pics that she printed off for me and I do think the yolk sac looks big but of course there is no measurement that I see so who knows. I'll just have to wait for a few hours to hear from the nurse and try to focus on the good news that we did get so far today.  

• Options
    @c-town18 often the techs claim they can’t tell us anything because they know we read into every detail so I wouldn’t assume there was something unusual just because she wouldn’t tell you. That being said, you are obviously sensitive to this detail and it going to make it harder to wait. I hope they call you soon. 

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @c-town18 ugh. I haaaaate when the ultrasound techs don't/won't give information. when are you expecting a call from the nurse. on the flip side, so exciting that you got to see that little babe and its heartbeat  <3

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009

TTC #2:

• Options
    OK, nurse called and said everything looks fine and sac is not enlarged.  Drama, drama, drama, mostly created by me of course.  Whew!
  • Options
    @c-town18 Happy to hear that everything went well with the ultrasound today!  (After a few hours of stress of course.)

@JamieH2000 I'm sorry to hear about the endometritis and the delay.  Although hopefully it's nice to know that maybe there was a reason why the last transfer didn't work.  My RE also checked for endometritis at the same time as my ERA.  In my case I was negative for endometritis but the ERA showed I was pre-receptive.  Best of luck with getting everything cleared up and moving on.
  • Options
    @c-town18 I'm so glad everything turned out OK! I'm a radiologist (I read all of the U/S studies) and we are very firm with the techs not to give information to patients.  Good techs will not say anything and will wait for the read...I've had techs give info to patients that was totally incorrect scaring them unnecessarily.  Having said that, I always tell my techs to come get me with any OB patients if there is anything strange looking or if someone is nervous.  Having been on the other side of the table, there's nothing worse than someone saying nothing when you're worried.  Every single step of the getting pregnant and staying pregnant process is so gut wrenching!!  Cheering for you and so glad everything looked A-OK!!
    TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • Options
    @c-town18- omg yay!! Best news! And to see a HB this early is such a good sign! When is the next scan?!

@lauralew- thank you! I’m hoping these antibiotics do the trick and this is the end of the issues! I’m talking to my RE about how this could have happened since it’s usually caused from an STD which isn’t our case and I didn’t have it in March. I’m worried that the vaginal Estrace or the scans or catheter wasn’t sterile. I mean it can just happen but now I will be paranoid...
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    radmom27 - Oh girl, you should not have outed yourself as a radiologist on here.  We're all going to be harassing you with medical questions now.  Joking, joking.... Thanks for the info though, it's always good to know what goes on behind the scenes.

JamieH2000 - Oh yeah, I didn't even think about the question of how you got it.  Does your RE have any idea or does she think it just happened on it's own?  Ugh, sorry you're having to sort though all that.  Is the game plan to finish the course of antibiotics and then wait for your period?  
  • Options
    Possible ***TW***

@JamieH2000 I am jumping over here from the July and August FET boards. I am not doing DE but wanted to comment on the endometritis. I find it interesting since after our first FET I became pregnant with our daughter who is now 15 months. After a vaginal delivery I was diagnosed with endometritis (less than 2% of women get endometritis after vaginal delivery). The OB Dr said to mention this to our RE as it may cause complications. As we are now TTC baby #2, I have had 2 failed FET's and we are about to do our 3rd FET on Tuesday August 11th. I read that chronic endometritis can be asymptomatic... so I can't help but wonder if the endometritis I had back in 2019 is causing problems now.  I can't remember but I think my RE did another test to rule it out, but I will make sure to ask again. 

I really hope the antibiotics clear things up quickly for you. Best of luck. 

• Options
    @c-town18 I'm so glad everything was okay! I refuse to have the U/S tech at the clinic I go to...I don't particularly like her to begin with, but she's honestly not very good at what she does, so I always ask for my favorite two nurses. I'm sure it's still scary right now but FX will be alright and baby is on track! A heartbeat that early is good! When is your next U/S?

I've mostly been down and out with the nausea...I don't know how people do this! I talked to a couple of friends and they both said it didn't disappear for them until much later in their pregnancies. I really hope that's not true for me. I can barely work. 

@JamieH2000 I didn't think to ask either where you got it! Maybe the estrogen suppositories aren't the best for you? Idk. Although I always get yeast infections post-antibiotics. Are they having you take probiotics as well?
  • Options
    @c-town18- so i spoke with my RE today. She said that endometritis is really just inflammation caused by bacteria in the uterus. She said they have learned there is some bacteria normally in the uterus (much less than the vagina), but that somehow a bad type of bacteria got up there and we won't know how. The science is showing that vaginal probiotics can really help keep the good/bad bacteria right in the vagina and help keep the bad out of the uterus.  Next step is finish the ABX, then period, then repeat Biopsy. If that shows clear, then start lupron, then another period and then estrogen for transfer. So we are likely looking at two months until transfer :( There is also a chance that the two ABX that I'm on won't cure the specific bacteria causing my endometritis. So if the biopsy shows its still there, then I have to do another course of different ABX. THe annoying thing is that there is a test in Europe (held up by the FDA in the US) called Alice and Emma (I think) that shows the specific type of bacteria, so they know what ABX to use. But until its available here, my RE has to guess how to treat it. SO frustrating. but, I'm trying to remember my first miracle baby worked out how/when he should have. So i need to try to be patient and enjoy Aug/Sept...

@sfield21- thanks for reaching out! How did they know you have endometritis after your delivery? I also had a vaginal delivery, so risk would be low for me too... but my endometritis has definitely been asymptomatic. I REALLY hope your transfer works next week, otherwise I would insist on a uterine biopsy to check it. It was a simple procedure (but painful), but its just Lapcorp that reviews the biopsy (so no fancy lab or anything). I don't believe there is any way to test for it besides a biopsy... Good luck again!

@lucyb1954- I am taking vaginal probiotics and oral probiotics! I sure hope it helps keep my good bacteria at an ok level. i would love to skip the vaginal estrace, but I really think my lining needs it. I asked about intercourse and all that since now I will be terrified of getting bacteria up there. But she seemed to think it would all be ok if just kept taking the vaginal probiotic. Its just crazy how much can go wrong!!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    laurad75 - How are you holding up, friend?  I swear this sh*t just never gets easier.  
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 A few days post delivery we were at the hospital for a jaundice check up for my daughter. I had very bad abdominal/pelvic pain but just associated it with delivery. The Dr asked me to hop on the bed and she would examine me. After pushing on my pelvis/stomach area and asking if I had the chills in the last few days, which I did have fairly bad chills the day prior. She said I had endometritis. She put me on antibiotics for 7 days, but within the first day I started feeling so much better. During delivery the Dr broke my water and then she did have a little trouble removing the Placenta and I kept bleeding for quite a while, she would push on my pelvis and another gush would come out. So I'm not sure how, but during that whole ordeal I must have got some bacteria into the uterus. I had more pains about 5 months post partum, not sure if it was the same thing acting up again or not, but now I'm concerned about ongoing issues. We are upping my progesterone dose and will see if this transfer works, if not I will be requesting further tests. 
  • Options
    you all are blowing my mind with this endometritis. i have never heard of it before! @JamieH2000 you have such a good attitude even though it's super frustrating that there's a test out there but instead we're left guessing. 

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009

TTC #2:

• Options
    @madasm0530- aww thanks! Some days are easier than others to be positive. Nothing we can do but keep trying- I know you ladies all get this more than anyone. So hoping to be on the other side with you all soon!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    Update:

Went for U/S this morning at 6 w 5 d and everything is still looking good.  I'm finally starting to get excited and feel more optimistic about this!  

• Options
    Yasssss!!! @c-town18 so thrilled for you!
  • Options
    @c-town18 that's awesome news!  <3 i have said this before but i am so incredibly jealous that you've had multiple ultrasounds already!

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009

TTC #2: