Infertility
Options

Low AMH Level

Re: Low AMH Level

• Options
    @lucyb1954.  I will keep you up to date so we can have our socially distanced meet up!  Just saw your spoiler!!  Awesome news!!!  Sooooo happy for you!

@c-town18 Yippee!!!  Those numbers look great!  Hopefully I won't be too far behind you!

@hopefuljj. Thanks girl!  How are you feeling and how is baby doing???

@JamieH2000. I hear you girl....its like the never ending roadblocks and speed bumps for both of us it seems like.  Hopefully this is the reason for the chemical and you can do another when the inflammation goes down.  So annoying though.  You seem to be taking it all in stride.  you are one strong person!  Sending you love girl

Im dealing with terrible communication with my clinic, so its annoying the crap out of me right now.  I try to be as prompt as I can all the time with returning emails and texts and I expect similar in return.  So it drives me bonkers when emails go unanswered for days at a time and when they finally write you back ,they don't answer your questions!  grrrrrrrrrrr.  End rant

39 years old   DH 41.  Sperm looks great.  We live in San Diego  
    Me:  ****TW loss mentioned***
    MTHFR Homozygous 677TT (dx 2016)
    hypothyroid
    8/2018           Off birth control
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/8/2019        Saw fertility doctor, AFC 5, labs drawn
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    4/18/2019      9 week ultrasound  MM , stopped growing at 6 weeks, no HB.  D&C 
    5/2/2019       Return to fertility doctor, labs show AMH 0.27. Diminished Ovarian Reserve
                         1st of 3 Egg retrievals planned tentatively for July
    6/29/2019     started Antagonist Protocol 
    7/12/2019     First egg retrieval, only retrieved one egg and fell apart immediately, poor quality.
    8/7/2019.      Second cycle (follicular antagonist) canceled on day 5 of stims when a very large lead follicle grew out of nowhere.
    11/8/2019.    Second Egg retrieval with Lupron Flare Protocol.  2 eggs retrieved, fertilized with ICSI but no reaction occurred at all.                       Told I will never have my own babies with my eggs.
    12/20/2019    ERA - pre-receptive.  Needed 24 hours more of progesterone
    2/2020          CP
     3/2/2020     Egg donor cycle in Prague at Unica Clinic, 2 AA embryos, 1 transfer, 1 on ice. BFN.  Due to pandemic, we could not return to Prague and will abandon our remaining embryo.
    4/20/2020.  BFP trying on our own! 
    06/04/2020   After HBs at 7 and 9 weeks, MM at 10 weeks 3 days.  D&C, Hemorrhaged out 1 liter of blood from uterine artery rupture during procedure.     Spent 1 night in the hospital with a balloon tamponade in my uterus. Baby was mosaic Trisomy 21.
    8/2020.  Moving forward with Donor Egg cycle at Utah Fertility Center and sharing a cycle with ladypOtter (Gina) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague but couldn't.  
    9/26/2020 Donor retrieval of 26 eggs, 24 mature.  Split cycle so I have 12 eggs with all 12 fertilizing. 6 PGS normal 3 boys, 3 girls
    10/29/2020 Transfer day of  girl donor egg embryo.     BFP! First HCG 92.9. Then inappropriate rise, plateau and falling.  Possibly ectopic pregnancy.  ER visit with diagnosis of "pregnancy location unknown". CP
    1/19/2021 Embryos shipped from Utah to my local clinic, starting prednisone for anti-histamine protocol. 
    2/26/2021 FET girl embryo BFP. Betas 62, 139, 386! HB at 6 weeks, then baby stopped growing at 8 week check up with weak HB measuring 6 weeks 4 days.  MM at 9 weeks. D&C 4/15/21
    7/13/2021 FET boy and girl embryos. First beta 10dp5dt 177, 14dp5dt 1631, 16dp5dt 6809. Pregnant with Identical triplets.  At 9 weeks, Baby C no longer had a heart beat. Identical Twin Girls.   Pregnancy complicated by TRAP Sequence with baby C an Acardiac fetus still receiving blood flow being pumped to it by other girls.  Referred to UCSF at 18 weeks for consultation.  No intervention needed at this time
    2/18/22 After a failed NST, at 34 weeks 1 day, Charlotte born 4lb 4oz and Lily born 4lbs 10 oz.  Our hearts are complete.  Baby girls in NICU to grow and learn to eat.
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    @andreamm31- thank you! You are one strong chica too! This stuff is NOT for the weak. but I can assure you it will all be worth it. You will be a different and imo, BETTER, mom because of all of this adversity. That is beyond frustrating when they don't communicate well! not cool. I hope they step it up!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @andreamm31  JamieH2000  - Amen sister, I second that. I really think all this bullsh*t that we and our partners have all been through/are going through will make us all better parents in the long run. Even now, on our worst days, DH and I just remind ourselves how badly we wanted this crazy kiddo and how much it took to get to this point, and we certainly don't take any of it for granted.  
  • Options
    c-town18c-town18 member
    edited August 2020
    OK update (copied and pasted from the June DE FET Board): 

Had U/S this morning at 5 weeks 5 days.  The good news is that the baby is where she should be, is measuring just right, and we were able to see a heartbeat flickering.  However my question at this point always is whether the yolk sac is enlarged (*TW* because on my twin M/C in 2016 the yolk sacs were both enlarged at 6 weeks which apparently is a strong sign of abnormality but the clinic never bothered to mention it to me until after I miscarried, then the RE commented on it.... gee thanks *End TW*)  Anyways, I always want to know now.  Of course I had a shitty U/S tech today who wouldn't tell me anything when I asked about the size of the yolk sac and said I just have to wait for the nurse's call.  Her response to that question concerns me (like if it looked of normal size don't you think she would just tell me that knowing I was anxious about it?) and now I'm looking at the U/S pics that she printed off for me and I do think the yolk sac looks big but of course there is no measurement that I see so who knows. I'll just have to wait for a few hours to hear from the nurse and try to focus on the good news that we did get so far today.

• Options
    Our clinic just announced a special package -- 20k for 2 retrievals and associated transfers. Meds separate, as usual. So we might go for it...hopefully past patients can purchase it. Feeling nervous about it.

@c-town18
    Waiting for that nurse call is just the worst. Luckily my RE does all of the ultrasounds in our clinic (it's small, each exam room has an ultrasound machine) so I'm usually able to get all of the info at my appointment. Hopefully you're just over-analyzing everything - I know I do that! At my discharge appt with the RE in my last pregnancy,  the surviving fetus (we had vanishing twin) had a lower HB than previous appts but still in the normal range. RE said it was fine, my dad (a pediatrician) said it was fine, but I kept analyzing if the change meant bad news was impending. Any symptoms? That can always be reassuring that's all is well. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    @mbradfo2- that sounds like a really good deal. I would do it!! And knowing you have two retrieval’s will take some stress off!!

@c-town18- loving your update on both threads! Hoping for smooth sailing from here!!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @c-town18 Good news!!  glad the nurse was able to put you at ease.  
  • Options
    @c-town18 such a relief!! Phewwww!!!  I know that feeling, sometimes we know too much!  

@mbradfo2. Thats a pretty amazing price!  I say go for it if you are able to!  

AFM:  So this is kinda crazy.  @lucyb1954 told me about her clinics Facebook page that isn't associated with the clinic, but the donor egg mamas who are all on it.  So I joined Wednesday night and got accepted Thursday morning.  We found out from the coordinator that our donor triggered for another couple on Tuesday, so I knew retrieval would be Thursday.  Never once thought that the couple using our donor would be on this page, since not everyone is FB savvy.  So a girl posts on the FB group on Thursday, a few hours after I joined, about her retrieval that day.  So I asked her if she used our donor number and she private messaged me, YES!  So fortunately for us, we can find out from this woman about her embryo updates each day so I can see how good a quality our donor has.....and we just found a half sibling for our kids!   Soooo crazy!  And she is open to meeting me and Ginas kids after we all have our babies!  MIND BLOWN! haha

We were a little shocked to see the donor only had 17 eggs retrieved, but all were mature and 15 fertilized.  I think that's a pretty good number and if she ends up with like 8-10 blasts that are normal, I think she will be just fine.  And since she is piggybacking on this cycle and starting right up for us, then usually women do even better on the next retrieval.  She typically has like high 20s-low 30s in her egg count and her quality has been amazing apparently.  I feel really fortunate we are getting this little snapshot of how her eggs perform and don't have to worry about waiting to hear from the coordinator (since her track record on communication has been pretty subpar).  

Im a little overwhelmed with everything that is going on all at once, but I think Im handling it the best I can and just trying to focus on what I can control at the moment and not freaking out when things get rough.  The house purchase and condo sale are going ok with just a hiccup with our new house having a leak from the master down to kitchen, so that pushed our escrow back and now we only have 3 days overlapping the two homes.  But we will get it all done and it will all work out fine.   Gina's husband is going to go to Utah to give his 2 samples 48 hours apart at the same time as mine, so my husband and hers will get to meet in person before her and I do.  Its really exciting knowing I could have an embryo transfer at the end of September / first week of October.  

hypothyroid
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    5/2/2019       Return to fertility doctor, labs show AMH 0.27. Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    7/12/2019     First egg retrieval, only retrieved one egg and fell apart immediately, poor quality.
    8/7/2019.      Second cycle (follicular antagonist) canceled on day 5 of stims when a very large lead follicle grew out of nowhere.
    11/8/2019.    Second Egg retrieval with Lupron Flare Protocol.  2 eggs retrieved, fertilized with ICSI but no reaction occurred at all.                       Told I will never have my own babies with my eggs.
    2/2020          CP
     3/2/2020     Egg donor cycle in Prague at Unica Clinic, 2 AA embryos, 1 transfer, 1 on ice. BFN.  Due to pandemic, we could not return to Prague and will abandon our remaining embryo.
    06/04/2020   After HBs at 7 and 9 weeks, MM at 10 weeks 3 days.  D&C, Hemorrhaged out 1 liter of blood from uterine artery rupture during procedure.     Spent 1 night in the hospital with a balloon tamponade in my uterus. Baby was mosaic Trisomy 21.
    8/2020.  Moving forward with Donor Egg cycle at Utah Fertility Center and sharing a cycle with ladypOtter (Gina) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague but couldn't.  
    9/26/2020 Donor retrieval of 26 eggs, 24 mature.  Split cycle so I have 12 eggs with all 12 fertilizing. 6 PGS normal 3 boys, 3 girls
    10/29/2020 Transfer day of  girl donor egg embryo.     BFP! First HCG 92.9. Then inappropriate rise, plateau and falling.  Possibly ectopic pregnancy.  ER visit with diagnosis of "pregnancy location unknown". CP
    1/19/2021 Embryos shipped from Utah to my local clinic, starting prednisone for anti-histamine protocol. 
    2/26/2021 FET girl embryo BFP. Betas 62, 139, 386! HB at 6 weeks, then baby stopped growing at 8 week check up with weak HB measuring 6 weeks 4 days.  MM at 9 weeks. D&C 4/15/21
    7/13/2021 FET boy and girl embryos. First beta 10dp5dt 177, 14dp5dt 1631, 16dp5dt 6809. Pregnant with Identical triplets.  At 9 weeks, Baby C no longer had a heart beat. Identical Twin Girls.   Pregnancy complicated by TRAP Sequence with baby C an Acardiac fetus still receiving blood flow being pumped to it by other girls.  Referred to UCSF at 18 weeks for consultation.  No intervention needed at this time
    2/18/22 After a failed NST, at 34 weeks 1 day, Charlotte born 4lb 4oz and Lily born 4lbs 10 oz.  Our hearts are complete.  Baby girls in NICU to grow and learn to eat.
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    c-town18c-town18 member
    edited August 2020
    andreamm31 - Whoa that's awesome that you'll get some intel from her current cycle!  On the current cycle are they PGS-ing? That would be great info if they are. Yeah, I hear you about being a little concerned about the 17 retrieved just since you're doing a shared cycle, but if she's had higher amounts in the past that's promising.  I wonder if they changed anything about her protocol this cycle that would account for the slightly lower number; I assume not if they had had great results in the past (?)  Also random question b/c I've always wondered; on a shared cycle if they get an odd number of eggs who gets the extra?  I assume it's something that's decided in the contract beforehand.  
  • Options
    @andreamm31 I am so excited for you! It will be interesting to see how this cycle goes for the donor. It looks like that donor also used half donor sperm so I wonder if there are any sperm quality issues? It's awesome that your DH's will get to meet and under the most interesting circumstances! It sounds like you have a lot going on right now and that can be stressful but sometimes having a lot going on is a total blessing in this process because your mind isn't wholly focused on one thing. I've wondered about trying to meet any families that also used my donor -- her other cycles with my clinic have been for DEB so it would be impossible to find out but that would be so cool for the kids! 

@c-town18 how are you feeling? Things going well and feeling okay? 

AFM 

Had another U/S on Friday. Everything is good! 8wk4d today. Another U/S next Friday and then I get discharged to the OB. Still struggling with nausea...ended up taking some Zofran today because it was just too bad. I was trying to stay away from it but ya know, ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes!
  • Options
    lucyb1954 - Yup, my donor is anonymous as well but I know she produced at least one successful pregnancy before mine so my kiddo has at least one half-sibling out there which is wild to think about! I figure with all the ancestry websites out there that are probably only going to be more prevalent in the future, he will be able to connect with his half-sibling(s) in the future if he wants to (?)  There is also the donor sibling registry; if you don't know what that is tell me and I'll PM you the deets. This stuff is so interesting and tricky to navigate. andreamm31 - I definitely like your approach to this and you're lucky that you're being able to make all these connections early!  I hope your donor's current cycle goes well to give you some peace of mind.  
  • Options
    @andreamm31 What a beautiful, crazy update.  I love that your husbands will be meeting before you and Gina do.  Also that you found a hopeful half-sibling for your future LO.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you don't have any more snags in the home buying/selling process.  Better to find that leak in the new home now rather than later!

@c-town and @lucyb1954 I'm happy to hear that you both had good ultrasounds this week and that everything is going well.

@laurad75 I saw your update on the other thread.  Sending ((hugs)) your way. <3

• Options
    @c-town18. Its funny that you brought that up.  Just the other day, Gina said if there was an extra egg, like an odd number, she would let me have it because she only wants 1 baby out of this and I want 3!  How freaking sweet is that?  I hadn't even really thought about that, to be honest.  we will have to ask the doctor if he knows why she had lower amounts this time.  I believe her other donations were to the egg bank, not necessarily for a couple.  Ive read about the donor sibling registry too!  I think its super cool.  And helps the kids feel a kinship and connection.

@lucyb1954   This distraction is exactly what I need.  It makes time go by fast, I have less time to think about it, and with how busy we are, it is coming up quick!  

@lauralew. totally agree, I just keep saying, thank god it happened to them and not to us after we moved in.  We do feel grateful for that!  How have you been feeling?

hypothyroid
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    2/2020          CP
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    @andreamm31- wow! that is so crazy you know who is doing a current cycle with your donor. That is interesting they say back to back cycles can give more eggs too. I feel like my clinic always made the donors rest a cycle. I really hope you guys get sooo many eggs and embryos! Our donor did 3 cycles before us, So i assume there are other "diblings" out there for us. I haven't joined the Donor sibling registry yet, but may someday!

AFM- half way through these horrible ABX and just hoping they cure the endometritis so i don't have to do another month delay and round of different ABX... trying to enjoy our Aug/sept and planning some trips with our new pop up camper we just bought (used) this weekend! Found such a good deal on a unit in great condition on FB marketplace! but it was so competitive trying to find one!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @JamieH2000. HOW FUN!!!  A pop up camper sounds like the perfect way to get a little vacation without having to worry too much about so many things being closed down with covid.   So awesome you got such a great deal on it.  I need to seriously check out FB marketplace more...I keep hearing more and more people saying what great deals they are getting.  
    And you are halfway there girl....almost done!  Prayers that your endometritis goes away with these abx.

I know, it is so crazy we happen to figure it out.  My life is filled with these crazy synchronicities.  I take it as a sign!  I knew there would be other diblings out there, but was really only excited about the fact that Gina and My kids will be related....its kind of an added bonus finding another person using our donor so early on.  

hypothyroid
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    2/2020          CP
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    Hi!  I'm going to join this thread because I'm in treatment limbo and feel homeless until I know when we can start a new cycle.  For anyone who doesn't know me, I was diagnosed with low AMF in 2016 and was able to have my son via donor egg IVF.  We are trying for a second but the first 3 FETs of this go around have failed in various ways (TW: 1 MC at 9 weeks, 1 BFN, 1 Chemical).  We should be able to cycle again this fall.  Looking forward to getting to know you all.  :)
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @JamieH2000 Your plan to try to enjoy August and September sounds perfect.  Congrats on finding that pop up camper!

@laurad75 Rooting for you! <3

@andreamm31 Thanks for checking in!  I'm still doing well.  *TW* I had my first OB appointment this morning.  I'm currently 10w5d.  The ultrasound machine was not the best but I was able to see my little nugget kicking his feet and the OB said she saw a heartbeat.  I go for the NT scan on August 24 and it turns out I can bring my DH!!  Prior to my appointment this morning I pulled out the genetic information I had on the donor just in case I would need any of it.  I almost fell over when I saw the donor has the same birth date as my expected due date: March 4.  Seriously, what are the odds??!  (Even though I know my own odds of delivering on my EDD are extremely slim, they will likely still share a zodiac sign.  Small world.) *TW*

• Options
    @JamieH2000 ugh I hate ABX! I hope that this course gets rid of your endometritis so you don’t have to do more. That sounds like so much fun with the camper! It seems like a good solution for getting out with little ones.  I’ve wondered how people camp with littles as we like to do a lot of that. 

@laurad75 welcome! This board has been my haven for quite some time. I’m so sorry about your last FET. Are you thinking to change anything this fall? ❤️❤️❤️

@laurelew that’s so crazy about your donors birthday! I have no idea when my donors is, I should look. But seriously... that’s just nuts!
  • Options
    @andreamm31 Love that news!  So exciting to hear how many embryos have made it to day 5.  I have my fingers crossed for you for a similar result during your cycle.
  • Options
    @andreamm31 Thank you for the warm welcome.  I've been jumping from one FET thread to another so a consistent place to land for a while is just what I need.  Congratulations on finding such a great donor.  I saw your post that you are doing a shared cycle with someone you met here.  That's amazing.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    c-town18c-town18 member
    edited August 2020
    Hi @laurad75.  How are you holding up?  I'm so sorry, girl. I literally yelled out "F*ck!" when I read your update, I was just so pissed for you.  Are you able to talk to your RE anytime soon to see if s/he has any insight?  

andreamm31- I smile every time I see that you've posted now because these updates of yours lately have been so great.  Sounds like a fantastic cycle your donor is having!  And that's awesome that they are doing PGS too so you'll have that info. Have you thought at all about whether you'll do PGS yourself or does it depend on the results of this current batch?  Keep us posted when you hear the results!  

AFM - *TW* Going for another early U/S this morning.  Super nervous but I just want to get it done. 
  • Options
    @lucyb1954 @c-town18 Thank you both.  I'm holding up okay.  We were away for the weekend which was a really helpful distraction but now that we are home and I'm trying to be productive on the days I have child care I realize that I'm really just okay.  My period started yesterday and with it came my usual hormonal migraines.  They are really bad when I'm coming off all the cycle meds and last 3-4 days.  I went for a blood draw this morning to confirm that hCG is down to 0 and I cried all the way home.  

In regards to changing anything,  My RE always takes his vacation in August so the days he is in the office book up super fast.  Right now I'm not scheduled for my follow up until Sept 1 but there is hope for a cancellation.  Also, I sent my nurse an email this morning asking for a BCP prescription and asking if I can get a message to my RE just asking if we are doing any testing or anything that can be done while we wait for the next cycle.  I'm still against testing the embryos at this point.  I wish we did it before they were frozen but we didn't think it was necessary.  I think that thawing them to test only to refreeze and thaw again is way too risky. I would rather go through this again than lose another embryo unnecessarily.  

I am doubtful an ERA is necessary because I am receptive to the transfers (2 of the 3 FETs resulted in BFPs) but for some reason the embryos aren't making it.  It's possible that the 3 we have transferred so far were all abnormal (we know the first one was) and we just need to wait until the right embryo gets transferred.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    laurad75 - I mean, not testing DE embryos was a totally reasonable decision to make.  So even though in hindsight you wish you had I hope you're not beating yourself up too much over that decision. Bottom line is that the odds should be in your favor here but damn it's been a rough road for you I know. How many embryos do you have left (or if it stresses you out to think about it then disregard this question).  
  • Options
    @c-town18 Thank you for saying that.  I'm certainly not beating myself up but I can't help but think about it.  We still have 4 frozen embryos (4AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB).  When we did the donor cycle in 2017 I was shocked in how many embryos we had.  It almost made me sad that so many of them wouldn't get a chance because we weren't planning to have more than 2 children.  We still have lots of hope and feel confident that one of these embryos will be our new baby but after 3 unsuccessful transfers its getting scary.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @c-town18 Awww thanks girlie.  Im happy i have some exciting news to share rather than the down in the dumps posts Ive had after the rollercoaster of a ride ive been on, like all of us have.  We both plan on PGS testing and it was recommended, more as a diagnostic tool, since I had a failed Donor transfer in March, they want to make sure its not the embryos if it fails again.  So we both plan on testing.  From the UFC donor egg mama FB group, it seems like their turnaround for PGS testing is really fast.  like sent off on a thursday, results on a tuesday.  So hopefully we will have news beginning of next week. 

@laurad75 would you consider transferring 2 embryos??  

@ladyp0tter YAY!  You made it back on!  Welcome back girlfriend.  

hypothyroid
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    2/2020          CP
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    @ladyp0tter- welcome!! I’m so excited for you and andreamm31! Sounds like your donor just had an amazing cycle and I hope she can repeat it for you guys!! Looks like we may all be transfer buddies in a month or two!

@laurad75- welcome!! Glad you joined us here as this is the one board that seems to last forever! I’m so hoping your RE has some new ideas. I totally get not testing. We wouldn’t have except our new insurance covered it and I just had a friend that transferred four DE embryos (after her first child and none worked) she tested her remaining 6-7 and only 3 were normal. Since I can only transfer one at a time, I wanted to know which of the 8 left were normal. We tested only four since I was worried about the damage to them. Of course all 4 were normal, and then I have a chemical. So I worry I dmamaged them. You are damned if you do, damned if you don’t!!

@c-town18- I saw on the other thread that your scan looked good! Congrats friend!!

AFM- it’s been a bad week. Developed a stuffy nose and sore throat Monday, typical head cold as my toddler came home from day care last week with a runny nose. So I decided to be responsible and get a covid test just to make sure since those are technically symptoms. Turns out it’s impossible to get a test here thru any provider and I had to wait 2.5 hours in a national guard drive thru. Now daycare is saying we can’t come back for 14 days even with a negative test unless I get a doctors note that they are sure the symptoms are from something else! I mean really?! Next time I’m just not mentioning the sore throat to anyone. This country is screwed bc we can’t even get a handle on testing those that are coming forward asking to be tested!!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @ladyp0tter I'll be joining you over on Oct FET.  I'm hopeful that we will be able to do our next transfer then.  I'm so excited for you and @andreamm31.  I remember when we first started our DE cycle and it felt so different.  I knew it was going to work and this was how we would get our family.  Sure enough, the fresh transfer worked and my son will be 2 in a couple of weeks!

It's so amazing to see couples choosing donor egg.  I really feel like the community is growing since I was asking questions 3 years ago.  I started the IVF with donor eggs thread in May of 2017 looking for some company and now look at us!  

@andreamm31 To answer your question: no, I don't think we would consider putting two embryos in.  I really don't want to carry twins.  I'm scared of all the risks both to the babies and to me so we are all in agreement that we will just do one at a time until someone sticks or we run out.  

@JamieH2000 Sorry that this silly cold is causing so much disruption.  

Cycle update (some TW): I went in for blood work yesterday to make sure my hCG is going down.  It is but I'm still at 33 so we need to wait for it to go down to 0.  I asked yesterday if the doctor is planning to run any additional tests since I've now experienced 2 MCs.  I didn't want to wait until my 9/1 follow up to ask for testing because I don't want to slow anything down.  He is ordering some recurring MC labs that they will add to my follow up blood work next week and he will make other testing decisions based on those results.  Sept 1 feels so far away but I guess its just around the corner and not that long of a wait.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    andreamm31andreamm31 member
    edited August 2020
    @laurad75. I completely understand doing one at a time.  It makes total sense.  Ive read posts on the multiples board and it scares the crap out of me.  In regards to your HCG still 33, mine is also taking FOREVER to go down.  My D&C was June 4th, and my HCG is still above 5.  They won't say its "negative" until its under 5.  Ive been going weekly for blood draws since June 18th.  My past 5 HCGS that were all a week apart were 5.4, 7.9, 11.6, 28, and 58.  Talk about coming down slow!   We also had recurrent pregnancy lost testing and they had Chromosomal analysis for both my husband and I and she checked me for antiphospholipid syndrome and all types of clotting issues, but everything has come back normal.  its sadly just bad egg quality.  Like bottom of the barrel leftover crappy eggs.  Hopefully you get some answers with the testing and your RE has more insight!

@JamieH2000. Cant wait to be transfer buddies!   I cant believe that it has to be that much of a hassle trying to get a test.  Its just ridiculous, and now you cant have her go to school.  UGHHHHH.  Im sorry you have this extra stress on top of everything else you have been through.  Can this year end already?!?!?!  Hopefully with all of us gals preggo and healthy!

hypothyroid
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    2/2020          CP
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    Ugh @JamieH2000 I'm so sorry! What a mess. It feels like such a total screw-up that it's so hard to get testing. When someone at my nephew's daycare tested positive, I had to lie and say I had symptoms  in order to get a test here. It was bunk. Since I'm now in the high risk category I thought it would be easy to get tested but no such luck. 

I'm so excited to watch this board over the fall and see all the FETs! It's so exciting. @laurad75 I'm glad they are doing some more testing. I don't know if you did the test for endometritis/endometriosis like @JamieH2000 did but it might be useful. Yup, it's understandable not to test. We did but we had only 4 embryos and I'm a carrier for Fragile X, so already having dealt with lots of genetic BS I wanted to do it. We did have one indeterminate embryo and ultimately decided to thaw/test/refreeze. Many people wouldn't but when I talked to the lab director about it and also my doctor, I felt comfortable. It was a high quality embryo and survived just fine. It came back normal. 

@andreamm31 and @ladyp0tter I'm so excited for you two! Your donor had great results with embryos last time and I'm so optimistic for you two :) 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, the board has been busy and I like seeing the good progress that everyone is making.  Hoping I can join many of you for October FET but we really do not have a clear idea how long it will for donor to cycle and the embryos to be shipped here.  Our clinic did warn the agency does take a longer than having gone through DEB or another US donor egg bank.  Will keep you posted on any progress and just looking forward on enjoying the next two months.  Will catch up on all the posts soon and chat with everyone.
  • Options
    @andreamm31 and @ladyp0tter - How wonderful and exciting for you to go through this process together! @ladyp0tter - I did wonder what happened to you. Glad you're moving forward. Wishing you both the best of luck, along with everyone else on their journey. 

• Options
    @ladyp0tter Welcome!  I'm excited for you and @andreamm31 with your upcoming donor cycle. :)

• Options
    @31magnolia - HA! Yeah, we were trying to move forward with Prague, but things just stalled thanks to COVID. We had put off the transfer by just 2-3 months after my loss in hopes to ensure I had a 2021 baby (and the earliest I could have transfered for that was late April since I usually go 2wks early) so I could change my insurance at work at open enrollment and that was a mistake because us waiting put us smack into COVID. Then I lost my job thanks to COVID....luckily I found another one quickly.

However, I think everything happens for a reason....AND THEN....my most awesome soul sister here Andrea helped get us going again!! I wouldn't be here if it weren't for her and am thankful every day that we connected. Now we will hopefully be some type of sisters for real!!  <3
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)
  • Options
    Checking in now that I finally have an update to share...

@laurad75- any luck with the HCG going down to zero? when will you hear back about the extra testing? I know 9/1 felt so far away, but its only 12 days now!!

@lmajin99- good to hear from you! I hear you on the waiting... hopefully we will transfer together in OCt!

@ladypotter and @andreamm31- any more updates on the donors last cycle with embryos and PGS?!

AFM- finished my ABX and got AF yesterday. Baseline tomorrow and then biopsy next week. I'm praying sooo hard the endometritis is gone. I do NOT want to go through another month of delay/ABX/testing again. If its gone, we can start lupron. This timing puts us at estimated 10/5 transfer date. Feels so far away. I just hope everything goes smoothly between now and then, but trying not to count on it since nothing ever goes smoothly!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    Great to hear from you @JamieH2000 and happy for you that you are on your way.  Good luck with the testing and here's hoping you can stay on track.

My bloodwork is tomorrow morning so I should know more in the afternoon.  I imagine that when we speak with the doctor on 9/1 he will go over the results of the additional labs.  The timing actually worked out since we leave Friday for a complicated vacation involving 3 states, Duke's 2nd birthday party and several days on Nantucket in a 1 bedroom apartment.  Next week will go by fast and then we meet with him the following Tuesday.  I'm hoping right after the meeting we can work on getting insurance approval and then I'll likely do 3 weeks of meds.  If all goes well it will likely be a mid/late Oct transfer.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75. Im waiting for my hcg to get below 5 too....just had my blood draw today.   Here's to that never ending wait.  Im 11 weeks post D&C and have had weekly blood draws.  Soooo annoying.

@lauralew thanks Girlie!

@lmajin99. Hoping you get those embryos soon and we can all be october cycle buddies!

@31magnolia thanks Girlie!!

@lucyb1954 happy birthday girl!! Hope the nausea isn't too bad and you can enjoy your special day!! 

@JamieH2000. Our donor had all 10 embryos come back PGS Normal!!!! So out of 17 retrieved, 15 fertilized, then 10 day 5 blasts, all normal.  @ladyp0tter and I literally were freaking out!!! We were soooooo happy.  The girl she did the cycle for really needed that good news after 5 failed transfers and she's using a surrogate.  We think we can get better numbers next time based on our coordinator teaming up with doc to make sure we get as many as possible, including having her stim an extra day than her usual and slightly higher doses.   Our timeline looks like maybe early October transfer.

Gina's hubby is already in Utah, and mine will join tonight for their 2 samples!  Sounds like our retrieval will be tentatively around Sept 19th!  We are just sooooo excited.  

@ladyp0tter. I couldn't ask for a better sister to go through this with ! Im so thankful for you!!!  Love you girl!

hypothyroid
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    2/2020          CP
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    @laurad75- yay for vacation!! And a second bday!! Sounds busy but fun. Such a good distraction! I Really hope insurance approval doesn’t hold you up too much and you can get going quickly!! October better be a great month for us all!

@andreamm31- noo way!!’ All pGs normal?! Amazinggg!! So if retrieval is mid sept, then transfer mid October for you ladies hopefully?! Awww so excited for you both!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!