September 2020 Moms

The Ultrasound Thread

Re: The Ultrasound Thread

• @NYTino24 that’s the coolest thing to see!! They look so great!
  • Loading the player...
  •  @knottie9f33a38e3c523f75 praying for a good outcome for you! Keep us posted. 
  • @emohay1988 I would 100% go with the NIPT. If there are any questions raised with the answers then they can investigate further. It's literally a blood test vs a long ass needle being jabbed into your belly.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @emohay1988 oh man that’s a lot! I’m happy your scan went well otherwise and congrats on your boy! 🤍 I would do the NIPT if that’s still an option. I feel like I’m the odd one out who didn’t do any genetic testing but I was also able to get a NT measurement that was normal. I feel like I probably would go for the NIPT if I wasn’t able to get the NT scan though. We just wanted to save the money but it probably would’ve ended up being cheaper to do the NIPT than a scan for me in the end. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
  • @greyl you are not the odd man out, we won’t be doing any of the genetic testing either (including no blood testing or ultrasounds for testing). This is our third and it’s a personal choice. Next ultrasound is the anatomy and feels like forever away. We also did a gender one at 15 weeks with our first two but we are Team Green this time.
  • @boymommatwo thanks for sharing!! I was so close to getting the NIPT done today but I decided to wait on it. Although I was happy to see the baby and know there are no alarming signs on the NT scan, I totally didn’t realize it might not actually be covered at all by insurance. Face palm 🤦🏻‍♀️ FTM noob lol if I could go back I would have probably skipped it. Ya live and ya learn. 
  • We won't be doing any genetic testing either, I think the NIPT is covered for us but any further testing would not be.  We decided it doesn't change anything either way for us so might as well leave baby alone. That being said, we don't have anything in family history that could be a risk as far as we know- if there was, we might do it differently. 
  • Baby daddy and I won't be doing any testing either. I said no to the NIPT b/c it isn't too accurate for non identical twins (which mine most likely are) and I don't want to have to deal with a test that would "maybe" be covered by insurance. Did do the Nuchal Translucency screen tho (at 13 weeks exactly) and no sign of down syndrome!! Will post pics in a bit :smile: WE STILL DON'T KNOW THE GENDERS YET THO UGHHH!!!
  • @NYTino24 so happy to see your little ones! I’ve been thinking and praying for you. I hope they keep doing well. 
  • @NYTino24 Came here looking for an update from you and yay so glad they are both doing well! Has your dr told you how often you will be having ultrasounds for a twin pregnancy? My dr didn’t say at my last appt and we were so in shock with the news it was twins that I didn’t think to ask. I see the NP my next visit and let me just say she is very odd. I have this feeling I’ll get some canned response like it depends on so many factors, you need to ask your OB. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• I don’t know if this allowed and it’s my first time posting here. My husband and I are super anxious to find out gender this time around. I just went for my 16 week scan and we couldn’t see anything yet one way or another. If you have any guesses let me know. I know there are a couple different gender theory methods out there. Top photo is of 12w4d scan and my 6 images from my 16w0d that I had done today are right below. TIA!! 
  • @theresaloja going by head shape I'd say boy, but I'd definitely wait until the anatomy scan to be sure
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @theresaloja I would say boy, I’ve noticed in some US that boy head tends to be on left side of photo and girl head always is on the right. Who knows, but just my observation from US and genders posted. 
  • @robinj716 that is so interesting! Now I have to go back and find my daughters ultrasounds and see what side their heads are on. 
  • @robinj716 my sons head was to the left!
    I've been feeling like this baby is a girl and it's head was to the right at my last ultrasound, but that was at 10 weeks. I guess we'll see!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 yeah just my observation from people posting their US photos and genders here. Who knows if it’s a thing or not LOL. My sons was on the left and my current baby is on the left too and my sneak peek blood test showed boy! 
  • emohay1988emohay1988 member
    edited April 2020
    Interesting! I'm having a boy and his head was on the left!
  • I’ve had two girls and all their ultrasounds heads were on left so not sure about that one!  Have any other wives tales been right for y’all that have found out?  I did the ring over the wrist thing.
  • Both my boys (or at least the bloodwork says this one is a boy) have had their noggins to the right. The only old wives tale that I found truth in was the one about heartburn and a hairy baby. My 2 year old was like a little old man or a baby werewolf he had fuzz on his back, shoulders, and ears, plus a full head of dark hair all of which fell out eventuality.
  • @beaandthebabes my son had a full on head of hair and I had like no heartburn lol