Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 3/23

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: Since I think we're all looking for recommendations, what is the best show you've streamed lately? Bonus points if the series has a lot of episodes! :D 
me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
DX: MFI
IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 3/23

• Loading the player...
  • @feather_heather go lining! Get nice and plump  :D

Also possibly on our list for streaming is The Witcher. I heard that's good as well.

I wonder if it's possible to stream episodes of Too Cute from Animal Planet. That show is nice just to have on in the background and is also very wholesome.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 We loved The Witcher! Also we liked the AppleTv show Mythic Quest. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @feather_heather soooo happy your met your lining goal, and exceeded it a bit too!! FX it keeps growing for Wednesday :) I don't think I said it last week but I'm super happy you are able to move forward with this cycle <3

@inthewoods23 I'm sorry your weekend brought up some challenges but I am happy to hear you're at peace with everything moving forward, as of today. Just get in lots of good ole' fashion HIO sessions!! I agree that the show Too Cute is a super sweet thing to have on in the background! Those animals are so adorable!

@mvt2003 we loved The Outsider!!! Oh it was so good!!!

@shoogapoff ugh I am so sorry to hear that YH was let go and is now out of work because of all of this. This madness is so crazy and I hope it ends soon :( PS - I loved Cheer!!!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 we have that too... the one back bedroom that we called "the office" that would eventually be turned into a nursery. It's littered with a lot of random paper and things, the "to be donated" pile, and extra stuff that I didn't want in my closet. Your feelings are the same that DH has for why he's never spent the time to clean up in there. It's that painful reminder that he's not cleaning it to make it a nursery. Hoping someday, you know?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @kpearse99 I'm so sorry about the emotions that brought up for you. It's hard to feel like this is temporary, when everything is changing so quickly. Our "nursery" is completely empty right now, so I am able to mostly avoid it. But if i have to go in there, it definitely makes me sad. 

@mvt2003 We got rid of our HBO Go subscription a while back, but I might have to get it again!

@feather_heather FX for you! I know its hard to be relaxed, but I'm hoping for a smooth and stress-free process for you.

@inthewoods23 I feel the same way! Like, who am I with all this manual tracking?! 
  • @shoogapoff yesss lol I was so diligent for those months long ago and now it's like, do I really have to lay here for a minute for my thermometer to beep? I'm too cool to do all this old fashioned stuff lol
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Gonna come back for tags...

Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained, polyps (removed), elevated prolactin (resolved)

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): trying on our own but I am not sure where I am in the cycle; got off BCP for 8 days right now

How are things going?: meh, my cycle got cancelled and I am still disappointed. But it feels good to not pump man made hormones in my body

Any questions?: natm

GTKY: Since I think we're all looking for recommendations, what is the best show you've streamed lately? Bonus points if the series has a lot of episodes! D I love watching “the world’s most extraordinary homes” with DH. It’s a documentary series. Also love Queer Eye. 
    TTC #1
    *TW*
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    Married: 09/16
    TTC #1 08/18

~2019~
    IUI #1 #2 #3 with letrozole cancelled 
    Natural cycle IUI #4 10/19 BFN
    First RE visit 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#5 11/19 BFN
    Elevated prolactin dx confirmed 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#6 cancelled

~2020~
    IVF #1 ICSI+PGT-A 02/20
    32R 19M 14F 7B 7 PGT-A normal
    Hysteroscopy to remove polyps 3/20
    FET 05/20 BFP! beta #1 9dp6dt 443.8; beta #2 11dp6dt 1212
    Baby has a heartbeat! 6w5d HB 128

• So sorry to all those who have had cycles cancelled. The waiting really is one of the hardest things about all this. My heart goes out to all of you who are dealing with feelings of uncertainty, fear, worry, anger, etc. Just remember you are not alone  <3 We will get through this together

@feather_heather So glad to hear you are able to go ahead with your FET! Sending positive vibes your way. 

@inthewoods23 I’m glad you have alleviated some of the stress for now and are at peace with trying naturally. 

@mvt2003 Right there with you on the NTNP train! Hope YH is able to get the new prescription over the phone. 

@shoogapoff Sorry your cycle was cancelled and that YH lost his job. That’s all so incredibly stressful. Sending lots of hugs your way  <3

@kpearse99 Ugh so sorry that you got triggered by re-doing the bedroom. Those feelings are totally valid. I’m keeping everything crossed you will get your dream nursery very soon. Hugs friend  <3

@pom9207 Sorry about the cancelled cycle. While I’m sure it’s nice to have that break from the meds, it makes sense that you are also sad and disappointed. Hugs to you!
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Diagnosis (if you've been):  PCOS

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  Provera 25mgX 6 days, Clomid 50mg CD 3-7. (self monitored due to COVID but I got my LH surge just waiting for my crosshairs to move into the TWW) 

How are things going?: Im hoping to get my crosshairs. I will be astonished and very excited if the low dose clomid actually worked for me! I have this feeling that this is going to work for some reason tho. Perhaps because I always said I didn’t want a December baby. Or because of this COVID. But this cycle just wasn’t planned. It just kind of happened. We weren’t going to start clomid until June but DH ended up coming home from his job out of town due to this COVID so we just thought why the heck not! 

Any questions?: anyone else’s temps be wonky on Clomid? Mine are slightly elevated than the norm. 

GTKY: Since I think we're all looking for recommendations, what is the best show you've streamed lately? Bonus points if the series has a lot of episodes! D 
    - GOT 
    - Vikings 
    - the marvellous mrs. maisle
    - this is us
    - greys anatomy 
  • @feather_heather the algorithm is changing each day in hospitals. So who knows by the time you go in! Just make sure not to touch anything or your face and use hand sanitizer!

@inthewoods23 enjoy your time off tracking! It can do wonders for the mental health. And your sex life lol

@shoogapoff I’m with ya there still working in a hospital and a husband with a break from his job right now. Very stressful too. However I’m a grateful to have him home at the same time!

@kpearse99 hugs to you 🤗 that must have been difficult. I actually just re-did our upstairs office and put it downstairs and made it a blank slate because I thought maybe it wasn’t happening because the room wasn’t ready lol 

@pom9207 way to try and stay positive though this difficult situation! 

@misshelen86 what a great way to use this weird time in the world. Focusing on your relationship health. This is so important during anyone’s TTC journey but especially those of us experiencing IF! I also am obsessed with love is blind even though it is a terrible show at the same time hha

• @pom9207 maybe try and not stress about where you are in your cycle and just HIO like every other day or every other two days? Keep it low key and stress free??

@misshelen86 I have that show on my list to watch too! I understand all of the emotions you are having but I am happy to hear you are using this time to focus on one another! It's so important <3

Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @emeraldduchess that is so kind of you to be empathetic towards your RE! I hope for your sake and the world that school isn’t done for the year because that will mean this pandemic is still in full effect in a few weeeks! 
  • @bluetickgal I think you're making the right decision by following your gut on taking the progesterone still. <3
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 thank you! It's already been a crazy and difficult school year, so this current crisis is putting us all over the edge. It means a lot to know that we are so appreciated. <3 I know my anxiety will calm down as time goes on and I establish the new normal, but for now it's a constant worry about whether or not I am doing enough. 
  • @kpearse99 thanks, dear friend!! 💜 
    @keikilove thanks, friend! I’m so hoping NTNP does wonders for all of us going this route right now!! No, decided to not track anything the rest of this cycle. I’ve been confirming with temping/OPK’s and have ovulated on CD17 the last several cycles and started progesterone 3 days later on CD20. So I figured maybe give it a couple extra days, because I have ovulated as late as CD19 on this dose of Letrozole before. I know this is probably not the preferred way to do it...but I’m hoping it’ll be ok so we can get the relaxed vibe of NTNP, but still hopefully cover our bases with the progesterone. I’m so sorry you went through all that last week in making such an emotional/difficult decision and then they cancelled your cycle anyways!! I’m happy to hear that you are focusing on the positive and being grateful though...I feel like that’s the best thing we can do right now with so much out of our control!! Sending extra positive vibes your way!! 💜 Oh, that show about Jane Austen’s unfinished book sounds like something we would like!! 
    @feather_heather sending you all the love and positive vibes this morning for your transfer!! 💜💜💜 Hoping all goes wonderfully smooth and that this is it for you!
  • @bluetickgal crossing everything for you! I had another refill of Letrozole left but I decided to give my body a break. I didn't want to take it without monitoring. I'm glad you are still able to take yours and your body has been so consistent with it!
    @keikilove thanks, friend. My heart hurts for all the kids in "graduating" years (eighth graders, high school seniors, etc.). There are so many rights of passage that they may miss out on, especially graduation. 

Good luck today, @feather_heather!! 

• @bluetickgal Aaaah, makes sense. I so hope this whole “taking it easy” approach works for all of us!

@emeraldduchess I completely agree with you on the rights of passage that kids may miss out on. That’s beyond disappointing! 

@feather_heather Best of luck today!!!
  • *lurking*

@inthewoods23 It appears that At least some episodes of Too Cute are on my Hulu app. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @keikilove The slower pace of living while being at home is really freaking nice! It's nice to be able to appreciate everything more. I too have been doing some form of exercising everyday, but I still feel like I should/could be doing more. ugh!
    Our TTC Journey

• @mercury94 I don't have a Hulu subscription  :'(
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @feather_heather Thinking about you!! Sorry YH can't come with you. :( 
  • Diagnosis (if you've been):  Blocked tubes

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW. 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  I am feeling so conflicted this cycle. I don't know what the future looks like if this cycle didn't work - we should be starting medicated cycles, but we won't - So should we keep trying on our own? Given the situation in the world... TW loss mentioned
    My recent loss would be in May, and a IRL friend is due at the same time - Honestly some of the new policies in place are horrific. I mean, I THINK that would be resolved by Jan... but we don't know. 

How are things going?:  Okay. Tired, frustrated, overwhelmed. 

Any questions?: Temp dip this morning at 9DPO, so I think I am just WFAF

GTKY: Since I think we're all looking for recommendations, what is the best show you've streamed lately? Bonus points if the series has a lot of episodes! D 
    Love is blind! Not a lot of episodes, but so bad you can't look away. Meme in spoiler. Back for Tags!

• @feather_heather oooo I don't think I knew you were transferring 2!! FX so hard, my love! Come on embabies... stick, stick, please oh please stick!!!!

@the_road_to_oz I say to keep trying on your own while you wait to start those medicated cycles. <3 But take a more relaxed approached. Like, try not to go crazy temping and tracking and all of that - just NTNP, given the world we are in right now, and just try to get back to one another during this time. 
    Our TTC Journey

• @pom9207 That's stressful to have to worry about immigration right now too! It sounds like you will have an eventful summer!