July 2020 Moms

Spotting and Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

Re: Spotting and Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

• Thinking of you @millpe and I hope the spotting was a random, one and done deal. 
  • @millpe ugh.. .I'm so sorry! I totally know the feeling. I just had an US after weeks of spotting and it's the first time my mind has been put at ease. My RE said the continued nausea is a really good sign and that light bleeding like that is totally normal. I know that doesn't really help now... but FX that's the case for you too and your week goes by quickly!
  • Loading the player...
  • @millpe sorry the spotting is causing extra anxiety. I hope this week goes quickly for you and all looks great at your appt on Friday.
  • I'm 11 weeks...had brown spotting when I wiped during my first bathroom visit this morning. Had what felt like a little cramping too. Haven't had any blood or cramping since. I am freaking out. Glad that I have my next ultrasound appointment already scheduled for tomorrow morning. **TW I had a MC at 6.5 weeks in February...so I've had that in the back of my mind this whole pregnancy.

I was starting to think I was in the clear, but now I'm seriously stressing out. Just praying, if it's God's will, that He lets me keep this baby.
  • @eljames83 I know that’s anxiety producing but how great that you already have an US planned. I hope the spotting stops and you get to see some healthy, wiggling reassurance tomorrow! 
  • @eljames83 so fantastic! Glad you got that reassurance that everything is going well with your LO. 
  • @millpe how are you doing?
  • Spotting again this morning. Just when I wipe. I’m pretty sure I know what it’s from and tmi but we might need to stop doing that until I’m further along because it’s freaking me out especially since I had some cramping last night. Apparently I’m just really sensitive this time (at least I hope that’s what it is) I wish it wasn’t the weekend and I wish I hadn’t moved my appointment from Monday to Tuesday! It’s supposed to snow tomorrow night and Monday which means I might not be able to get up our hill and I didn’t want to cancel last minute and end up pushing my appointment out even further. Hoping it goes away soon! 

• @hbird0723 spotting is so stressful! It does sound totally normal... but I get the worry. FX it stops soon!

We haven’t DTD since my spotting episode at the end of last month for the same reason. Plus, I cramp when I O so it just doesn’t feel worth the stress it’s causing me. 
  • @blaf322 thanks for the reassurance! I agree, he also said it’s not worth it today after I told him so I think we might wait a while or at least until I talk with the OB again. Ugh I’m ready to be done with first trimester! I’ll feel a lot more relaxed! 

• @hbird0723 we stopped DTD after my spotting too even though the doctor said at my last appointment we at e free to resume our usual activities lol. It’s nerve wracking but unless it’s heavy it’s totally ok. I still get some tinged CM sometimes and everything is a-ok with baby. 
  • @beckylookatherbump that is reassuring as well! Ugh so stressful and I already feel like being tired and sick all the time is hard on your partner so it’s hard to take that away too but I’m thankful he’s being so understanding about it and so helpful! *TW* with losing our last one I think he just gets the stress of it now more than when I’d freak out with the girls because you just don’t think anything bad will happen until it does. Not that DTD would cause that but seeing spotting is always scary! It’s good to have some reassurance from others and hear that it’s normal! 

• I had some bleeding yesterday at 10W5D. It was a bit of a shock to see. It was what I would consider light but more definitely more than spotting. My doctor happened to be on call that day, so she told me to keep an eye on it and call Monday morning to set up an ultrasound. No significant bleeding since yesterday (maybe some on toilet paper this morning), and it's brown, so I'm really hoping it's okay. She said it could be a pocket of old blood that made its way out. My last pregnancy I had a missed MC, so seeing blood this time caused me to panic. Fingers crossed they can get me in tomorrow, so I can get some reassurance.
  • @macb85 so sorry for that scare. I hope you get some quick reassurance tomorrow! 
  • @macb85 yay! So glad you were able to confirm all is well. Barely the size of a strawberry and already scaring mom to death. Hope your little one lets you relax from here on out. 
  • I’m on my way to the ER 😢 I cant imagine what just happened in the bathroom was anything normal. This will be our second loss. I’m still holding onto hope 

• @hbird0723 oh no, I’m so sorry. Hoping for good news at the ER ❤️
  • Thinking of you @hbird0723. Please update when you can. 💜
  • @hbird0723. I hope everything will be ok.  I bleed with my first (and it was a lot of blood) and was fine.  It was a subchorionic hemorrhage.  I hope you can get in for a better ultrasound soon!  <3
  • @hbird0723 I’m so sorry for the scare! FX everything continues to look good with baby tomorrow morning. Please keep us posted!
  • Thanks for the support! I hope everything looks good still today! Every time I feel less nauseous Or have a small cramp I can’t help but think the worst! @JessDG thanks for sharing that! It gives me some hope that maybe that’s what’s going on! My appointment is at 10:30 today so 3 1/2 hours to go. 

• @hbird0723 I'm so sorry you had that scare! I'm glad baby was looking good last night, and I hope your appt today provides you with some answers. Thinking of you!
  • @hbird0723 So glad to hear that everything is looking good!!
  • @hbird0723 glad everything looked ok! 
  • 11w5d FTM.. having bright red spotting before bed and again in the morning. Haven’t had any spotting until now. 
    Have had severe nausea and vomiting since 6w but has not been as severe the last three days until nighttime. 
    Kinda freaking out.... kinda know this is normal. 
    Ob appt tomorrow, should I call and tell their office I’m spotting or will it matter? 
  • @samwalker714 I'd call and let them know... though, I think you're right and it does sound normal.
  • @samwalker714 I think I'd call to let them know too. I'm glad you already had an appointment scheduled. I hope all looks great today!
  • @samwalker714 Let us know how your appointment goes! I agree, it sounds normal but I know our office always says to call and keep them in the loop. 

• Hi Ladies! I am sorry we are all in this forum, but we aren’t alone. I’m 9 weeks today, and had a little bright red spotting at 7 weeks, which was attributed to the placenta attaching to the uterus. That spotting stopped around 8 weeks or so, and I woke up this morning with some dull spotting, called my obgyn and got in for another u/s this morning. Baby looks fine, has grown exactly to the day, and has a heartbeat still. I’m still spotting and pretty nervous, but my ob said it could have been from that placenta implanting and just took some time to work its way out. I’m praying for a good outcome, as I’ve already lost 2 pregnancies this year. FX for everyone in here!
  • I woke up this morning with bright red spotting, and called my doctor’s cell phone immediately. He told me to stay laying down, and if the bleeding got worse like a period or I started cramping that I should call again, and if I want to come in this afternoon to get another ultrasound I can. I’ll probably wait this out, because having been through this twice before, usually once my bright red bleeding starts it goes quickly. I’m still hopeful, but my boobs aren’t sore this morning so I am sort of expecting the worst. 😢
  • @angemtn I'm so sorry you have to go through that. My heart goes to you and your baby. Hopefully you will not have to experience another loss.
  • I am still in the spotting boat as well at 8w4days. Monday I had the ER visit and that night and Tuesday all looked well. She said it sounds like a very sensitive cervix or could be placenta as well. It’s all dark or brown so I just keep trying to tell myself it’s most likely fine but I sure wish it would stop. It’s only when I wipe so trying not to be too concerned. 

• blaf322blaf322 member
    edited December 2019
    @hbird0723 Since my first time spotting, back at the end of November, I've had what you're experiencing off and on (mostly on) and everything continues to be fine. I know it's hard to see, but know that baby is very likely completely fine.

ETA- I feel like I've come to terms with it now. That it's just something that's going to happen for me this pregnancy. Which is nice... to not stress over it as much. I hope you get there too!