July 2020 Moms
Options

Spotting and Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

12346»

Re: Spotting and Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

• Options
    I’m in the occasional continuing to spot group as well. It stopped for like a week or a few days more. But then of course the night after my us and telling the doc it stopped. It started. Just dark dark. And brown. So I’m just going with the flow and unless it gets worse I’m trying to not worry
  • Options
    @blaf322 thanks! That definitely helps to hear others have been there/are there. I think I am trying to get myself there like this is just what’s going to be the norm and just because I didn’t have this with the girls doesn’t mean it’s not normal. Every pregnancy is different and I’m older/more kids so that plays a part too. Thanks again! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bumpin456 Thanks for the encouragement. I am still hoping for the best as my symptoms haven’t changed for the better or worse today.

@hbird0723 it sounds like you have the right attitude about this! Keep that positivity!
  • Options
    I’m in the spotting club this weekend at 11w0d. Our last pregnancy ended with an mc so I’m trying to not freak out. Three times yesterday I had mucus with light purple-pink spots in it when I wiped. Nothing overnight when I went to the bathroom but now I had it again just now. I talked to my ob yesterday who said to call if it turns to heavy bleeding. So glad I have an appointment Monday at 8 am. Now I just need the weekend to hurry up and be done. 
  • Options
    @rjk0427 I’m sorry you’re dealing with that. Wishing you the best and a speedy weekend!
  • Options
    @rjk0427 I had that last week during my 11th week also. I hadn’t had any spotting prior, and I freaked out. Couldn’t sleep, panicked. 
    We had an ultrasound Thursday with our OB and baby was doing fine. 
    I’ve continued to have sporadic spotting, more brownish tinged than pink, this week also but feel more confident after seeing baby’s heartbeat. 
    When Is your next appt? 
  • Options
    @rjk0427 did you have your appointment this morning? I’ve been trying to tell myself anything dark means old and is probably perfectly normal. I’m glad you were able to get in today to get some peace of mind! Let us know how it went/goes! 

• Options
    rjk0427rjk0427 member
    edited December 2019
    @samwalker714 I’m sorry you had to go through that. You just described my entire weekend along with a lot of crying. 
    @hbird0723 the appointment was today. And everything is perfectly normal. Baby Yoda (his/her nickname) looks healthy and we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. I’m also measuring three days ahead at 11w5d. Words can’t express how relieved we are. 

Thank you you all for the support and positive thoughts. I hope the spotting goes away for all of you and doesn’t come back for me. ❤️
  • Options
    @Pascal86 I’m so sorry you had that scare. PGAL brain is The Worst. Don’t be hard on yourself, this shit is scary! So glad everything looks healthy and you can hopefully relax for a bit!
  • Options
    @rachelredhead thank you! Yeah I’m hoping the spotting just goes away because I did not handle that well... seems like it may be over for now. And once I’m anxious, I have so much trouble distinguishing between normal moving/stretching sensations and cramping. I know everyone here deals with the same thing, it just sucks so much!
  • Options
    @Pascal86 so glad everything is okay! And I totally get that feeling of wishing you had held it together a little better. I felt the same with my first spotting episode this pregnancy.
  • Options
    @Pascal86 bleeding is scary and we all freak out when it happens. I had pretty heavy bleeding and was crying so hard and making sounds that barely sounded human and baby ended up being ok. Blame it on the hormones or blame it on being a real person with real concerns just doing the best we can. In the end everything was ok so you react however you need to. 
  • Options
    @Pascal86 I was a mess last Monday when mine happened as well. I had also thought that was it and was hysterical all the way to the hospital. We just feel what we feel. Glad everything was well! It’s hard not to worry and I feel like I am noticing everything so much more wondering if it’s normal because of our loss. 

• Options
    Thanks @blaf322, @beckylookatherbump, @hbird0723, really sweet of you all ❤️
  • Options
    @angemtn I think it’s difficult for guys to understand the stress of beginning of pregnancy or for them to even allow their minds to go to the negative because for one they aren’t seeing or experiencing what’s happening. I know with mine he wouldn’t even go there with our last one we lost. He just kept saying you need to think positive because we don’t know until we see a doctor but I knew. I had the terrible cramping, symptoms leave and saw what was going on. It was difficult feeling like I was going through it on my own because he hadn’t allowed his mind to go there yet. He didn’t see what was going on so it was hard for him to allow himself to go to that place and he keeps telling me to stay positive this time too which I need to be more positive but it’s definitely hard especially when you’ve been there. I know deep down he’s been worried too at different times. I also think, at least for me, that I have just been less positive and excited as I was with the girls as a way to protect myself maybe I don’t know. Not that I’m not excited just that I’m guarding myself from getting too excited just in case even though I know reality is, I’m excited and love this baby already! I will say this has gotten a lot better since seeing the baby and the heartbeat. 

• Options
    @hbird0723 thanks for the advice and support. I definitely tend to expect too much from my husband - like that he completely gets it. I guess it is kind of unreasonable.
    I also have been guarded, and maybe that translated into negativity... after seeing the baby move, I’m feeling way more confident and I’m going to try to hang on to that. I’m 10 weeks today, and feeling thankful to have made it this far - this is now my longest pregnancy, and I’m actually hopeful that this one is sticking around. 🤞
  • Options
    My spotting has increased again. Unless it gets consistent or worse I’ll try to shoot for an appointment on Friday to see what’s going on. Of course the day after I told my entire family about future baby. Trying to just stay relaxed and positive! 
  • Options
    @angemtn I’m so sorry you’ve dealt with the terror of bleeding after previous losses. 

TW Start: I’ve had two previous losses and this first trimester has just been so tough emotionally. I agree with @hbird0723 that it is really tough for partners to understand that fear sometimes. They aren’t experiencing the physical twinges and triggers for the anxiety (or dealing with the nutty hormones) and it’s so hard to explain that to them. When I’ve felt alone in this or felt like my DH doesn’t get it, I’ve sat him down and just told him exactly what I was experiencing and how it kicked off the scary negative spiral mentally/emotionally. I just think DH needs specifics. “I had this pain above my pubic bone this morning and it has scared me all day because it feels so similar to the pain I had with the first loss. I know we’ve had nothing but good news so far but it’s hard for me to trust that when I have this type of twinge.” I reinforce for him that I am hopeful, but my Hope struggles sometimes when I have those feelings. I think as much as we guard ourselves, guys guard themselves too. So being defensive about our “negativity” may partly be self-preservation on their part because they SO want this baby and also don’t want to watch us go through a loss (again). TW End.  

Just tough tough stuff. I hope you’re able to connect with DH and share this new optimism together. I understand the vulnerability in being hopeful, and together y’all will figure out how to support one another in that vulnerable space. 
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 FX it’s just normal spotting. I started spotting right after we told DH’s parents. It sucked so I feel you on that
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 so glad you’re baby’s doing okay! That sounds stressful but nice to have a potential cause for the bleeding!
  • Options
    @rachelredhead thanks for the advice. We ended up having a long conversation and he apologized for not understanding. I feel way more at peace with this pregnancy now, but it’s still scary when I see spotting - I can’t help but go into panic mode. But now I’m trying to keep that in check a little and not throw that all on my husband first thing in the morning. Even though I’m feeling better about things, I still wake up in the middle of the night and assess my symptoms and quietly panic if I feel okay - I know this is crazy, but that’s what happens after 2 losses. The further I get into this, the better I feel about it. Thanks again for your support.

@nursejenn5 I’m really glad you could see a healthy baby. It makes all the difference. Sometimes bleeding/spotting is normal, as @blaf322 said. It’s also nice to have an answer as to where the spotting could be coming from.
  • Options
    sarahrosessarahroses member
    edited December 2019
    Because I had no spotting with my first, this time around I freaked out. From week 6 to 8 I had first brown spotting, then black bleeding, then spotting again. I thought it was over, especially since no source of bleeding was showing on the US. But reading on the internet, bleeding/spotting can happen around this time due to placenta attaching on the uterus. Or because of hematoma under the placenta. Mine seems to be from the cervix area now and I really don't understand why that is :/ 
    So yes, it can be scary when you don't know what's going on, but also, it seems very common so never lose hope. 
  • Options
    Should I be worried if I spotted pink after intercourse? I'm about 10 weeks, haven't heard the heart yet and have a dreading feeling I'm going to miscarry since the beginning I don't know why. I feel like I can't get attached to this pregnancy until I see or hear a heartbeat. And now my spotting worries me. Anybody experienced something similar ? :/
  • Options
    @akiwyn spotting after intercourse can be normal. During pregnancy your cervix is “friable” with more blood vessels at the surface. Leading to some spotting from the “trauma” but definitely always call your provider if you’re worried I know my provider will try and get people in if they have anything worrisome happening. FX is just normal post intercourse spotting! 
  • Options
    @akiwyn I spotted for a few days after the first couple times we did. It definitely worried me but all was fine. Like @nursejenn5 said I’d just contact your provider and let them know.