July 2020 Moms

Spotting and Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

Re: Spotting and Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

• Thinking of you @beckylookatherbump.  I hope you get in to see the ob soon.
  • Thinking of you @beckylookatherbump. Make sure you let the OB know how anxious you are. It’s so easy to not feel heard when making those phone calls. I hope you get a quick-thinking nurse/doc on the line first thing in the morning who hears your worries and gets you in ASAP and that you get the best kinds of reassurance. I’m sorry you’re going through this. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thinking of you @beckylookatherbump. I hate the fear and anxiety of first trimester, and I hope you are able to get some answers very soon.
  • @beckylookatherbump I am so sorry. Praying they are able to get you in tomorrow ❤️
  • Hugs @beckylookatherbump ... FX everything is okay when you go in tomorrow ❤️
  • TLDR- everything is probably fine.

We were out last night with friends and I started bleeding (bright red but just when I wipe). I knew it was probably fine but when it was still happening when we got home 2 hrs later, I started to spiral. 
    I called the on call RN for my RE office while sobbing and shaking like a leaf from all the anxiety. The RN was amazing and talked me off the ledge and now everything is coming out brown, so I’m sure it’s fine. But I’ll definitely spend the next few weeks stressing until my US on 12/9 😔

• @blaf322 I’m sorry - I hope it stops ASAP and everything looks great in a few weeks! 
  • @beckylookatherbump I’m so sorry. Praying they are able to get you in right away tomorrow and everything is fine.

@blaf322 Any spotting is so nerve wracking. I had frequent bright red spotting with my first and it was from a friable cervix. Praying everything is fine, but if it’s still causing you a lot of anxiety could you ask to be seen earlier (before the holiday)? 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @beckylookatherbump I'm keeping you in my thoughts and sending good vibes your way ♥️♥️♥️
  • @millpe I think I could definitely push for one... but I'm also trying to rein in the crazy since it seems to have stopped and I know many people bleed much more than that and are still fine. But, you're exactly right... any bleeding instantly takes away any healthy pregnancy confidence you might have had. 
  • @beckylookatherbump thinking of you today <3 Please keep us posted as you're able to. Sending all the good vibes your way
  • @beckylookatherbump I hope you're able to get into your doctor today. Thinking of you. :heart:

@blaf322 I'm glad your spotting stopped, and I hope all is well. I think it's worth trying to see your doctor sooner if that will ease your anxiety. First tri is so hard!
  • @beckylookatherbump and @blaf322 Thinking of you guys today.  <3    

• @beckylookatherbump so glad you were able to get bloodwork done quickly. I hope the results come in fast and provide some great reassurance. 
  • @beckylookatherbump Your OB wasn't concerned, like they think it was just normal bleeding? If so, that's great to hear! Either way, brown is always good! Keep us posted!
  • @blaf322 yeah she said she thinks it’s totally normal even when I told her that it was heavy yesterday. She said that the fact it was almost stopping now and wasn’t red makes her think it’s just normal. I really hope so. I was hysterical yesterday. 
  • @beckylookatherbump I bet you were! I think anyone would have been (I was a wreck with light bleeding so I totally can't imagine even kind of holding it together if I was in your shoes). I'm so happy to hear she's not worried! Looking forward to hearing more good updates as you get your results and hopefully an US soon!
  • @beckylookatherbump really hoping your results are great and provide with some more reassurance in addition to your doctor's info.
  • Had some dark spotting this afternoon so called OB and they are fitting me in tomorrow morning for bloodwork, and I’ll go back Friday for followup bloodwork. I’m 7+2 and next week is my first US (haven’t had any appts yet). They don’t think taking an US tomorrow will really shed light on the spotting but I guess I’ll see when I get there if they decide to try.  
     I’m hoping it’s nothing but now of course panicking and don’t anticipate a good sleep tonight. Also trying to figure out a tactful way to call out of work to make the appt because I took vaca day today and Wednesday so it’s going to look suspicious to take a sick day in between and I haven’t told my bosses yet. 

Question for you ladies who have gone for these types of unplanned visits... did your SO come with you? I feel like if they’re just taking blood it’s not as necessary but if they do decide to do US I’d feel so bad if DH wasn’t there for the first one!!

• @asf0613 my first US was a last minute thing due to cramping and DH couldn’t join me. Wasn’t much to see at 5w anyway besides confirming it was in the right place. We had our second US this morning and I’m 7w2 and we saw the heartbeat for the first time. I’m really glad he was there for that so if it’s possible for your DH to join you, I definitely think it’s worthwhile. With blood draws and stuff he has come when schedules allow and he did come for my first OB visit but my office also encourages that so they can ask both parents about family history, etc.

Hope you get lots of reassurance this week! Spotting is scary but we all know it can also be super normal. 
  • @asf0613 if it’s just bloodwork I wouldn’t care if my husband was there or not. But I had a mc a couple months ago and went to an ultrasound appointment alone (I knew I was starting to have one and it was to check for an ectopic, and I went alone because I had to get there in like 15 minutes to have a chance at being seen that day). It was awful. And if there had been something good to see, I would have definitely wanted him there. Without knowing how easy it would be for him to come along, I’d recommend it! I also would have been much happier if my mom had come. So if you have another support person, that would be nice if your husband can’t make it. 
  • @asf0613 I'm in a very similar situation to you and I'm 7+0. I had some spotting yesterday along with cramping. Called my OB today and I'm going in for an US tomorrow. I had a MMC back in August so I think they just want to check everything out. DH is not able to come with me (he started a new job last week and cannot take off). I'm anxious of course but I know that I'm strong and so are you. During my first pregnancy I would have my mom come with me just to have a support person. Wishing you positive thoughts and well wishes this week! 
  • @asf0613 I made my husband go with me. I figure I was scared so having his support didn’t hurt. 
  • @beckylookatherbump have you heard back about the results yet?
  • @blaf322 nope. I really hoped I would have heard back before they closed yesterday. The bleeding has completely stopped though so I hope everything is A-ok and I just overdid it the day before! I was going to call this afternoon if they hadn’t called me. 
  • @beckylookatherbump you have more will power than me! haha... I'd have already left a message :D So glad everything stopped!
  • @blaf322 I figure 1. The bleeding has stopped 2. I’ve never had betas run so one on its own means very little 3. I’m going to worry until our ultrasound next week either way so I’m just praying that in 7 days we see that little heart beat. 
  • @beckylookatherbump sounds like your head is screwed on straight (tricky in these situations). It’s great your OB isn’t that concerned, and that the spotting has stopped. Those are great things! You’ll get through this week and maybe the holiday will help by adding some distraction. Hoping you get a couple definitive (but not too miserable) symptom waves just to give you a good dose of reassurance. Grow baby grow! 
  • @asf0613 Where I am they don't let partners in the ultrasound room until after 12 weeks and the ultrasound techs aren't allowed to share anything with the patients. 
  • @beckylookatherbump great news! Hopefully that eases a little anxiety until your appointment next week!
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Great news @beckylookatherbump! I'm so happy for you that you have an explanation for the spotting.
  • @asf0613 sounds like a great exam! Sure exciting to see that little heartbeat flutter!
  • I’m so glad that despite all the bleeding this weekend everyone seems to be doing ok! 
  • @asf0613 Glad everything looked great today!