July 2020 Moms
Options

*Symptoms Thread*

Re: *Symptoms Thread*

• Options
    @dancingtreepose hang in there mama! FX your next appt can set your mind at ease ❤️
  • Options
    My nausea, thankfully, seems to hit around 8:30 every night. I’m fairly good throughout the day except for being tired, bloated, thirsty. I’ve been doing the unisom + b6 combo, which may be helping a bit. I only use it at night as I can’t imagine the fog of taking unisom during the day. Also, huge fan of the TummyDrops ginger candies. 

I have the same anxiety as others that my symptoms aren’t “enough” or something. But hoping to just be lucky on the no-puking front. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dancingtreepose you are describing me exactly! I'm about 7 weeks and a couple days and have been feeling exactly the same. I did have sore boobs for awhile and they're def bigger but not sore anymore, just a bit heavier. Crankiness, crying for no reason and the disrupted sleep are my biggest symptoms, oh and the gas.... But even that's started to improve! 
    Got my scan today so fingers and toes all crossed! 🤞♥️🤞
  • Options
    Anyone have some morning sickness hacks to share? My go tos from previous pregnancies are not cutting it. I feel manageable if I’m eating something bland/carbs/salty and for a few minutes after, but it’s short lived. Obviously eating 24/7 is not a tenable solution 😂
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    I still feel nothing really. I'm kind of starting to freak out :/ hopefully the US later proves me wrong.
  • Options
    @b_1029 I’m sorry the lack of symptoms is causing anxiety. I feel like my symptoms are pretty mild and seem to come and go so I understand getting anxious about feeling too normal. I hope today’s appointment provides lots of reassurance and reasons to relax and enjoy your pregnancy!
  • Options
    @KatieEl I'm doing the following... last two I've only been doing for 2 days now but it seems to helping some (mild nausea instead of debilitating):
    - Unisom (doxylamine, not the diphenhydramine kind) before bed each night
    - Take prenatal vitamins at night (typically soon after dinner)
    - eating carby and more frequently
    - B6 3x's per day
    - eat crackers as soon as I wake.

I feel like the crackers before my head leaves the pillow is helping. If I start off with a bad morning, it seems the entire day is bad. The crackers keeps the nausea at bay until I can actually get some breakfast in me.
  • Options
    @blaf322 thank you! I was on diclegis (basically unisom and B6) with my second and was essentially a zombie; it's made me really worried to go that route again.  Do you find taking the unisom at night is helping you not basically be a sleep walker during the day?
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited November 2019
    @KatieEl yes! It's going to have to get REALLY bad before I'm willing to take it during the day b/c I will fall asleep at my desk. I remember being able to tell the difference when I missed a night dose when I was PG with DD so I know it helps some but I definitely needed more this go round and think the added B6 throughout the day is helping. Good luck and let me know how it's going!
  • Options
    @KatieEl I dont have experience with diclegis, but I did take unisom at night while pregnant with my now 7yo. I remember sometime around 13 weeks skipping it to see if I could get away with not taking it and NOPE- still needed it. It helped so so much. 
  • Options
    @kboydbowman no I haven't, but sounds good! will give it a try- thanks   :)

@blaf322 thanks for the commiseration! I’ve been feeling the light headed-ness after getting out of the shower in the morning. My routine is to stand up and do my hair/make-up for a while after, and that combo of getting out of a hot shower and all the standing is I think what's making it worse. So now I’ve just been taking less showers during the week- glad it’s winter! :D Hope you’re in the clear for stopping PIOs soon. My RE said next week (week 8) I’ll start weaning down on my progesterone suppositories. 
  • Options
    I am having a hard time I'm only supposed to be 4 weeks but have already almost thrown up many times and sobbed while watching Avatar, and not even the sad parts. My last pregnancy I didn't get sick till week 8.
  • Options
    Waiting for H to arrive with pizza for the night and I’m having my first instance of nausea (I think brought on by hunger)! 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    @millpe I had pizza tonight too- I was very briefly nauseated, but it settled down quickly. I hope you enjoy every delicious bite! 
  • Options
    A piece of turkey fat almost did me in earlier.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    Been eating jalapeños straight from the jar for a solid 5 days now. Pretty sure it’s going to be another boy, and I’ll be very outnumbered.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    Well the symptoms I had last night were so disgusting they were hilarious. It involved several trash bags and bleach. It was either norovirus or a never experienced before perfect storm of pregnancy symptoms. 
    MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • Options
    @mehugg 😆 
    @Skk1977 Oh no! Hope you feel better today!
    I’m 6w today and the all day nausea many ladies have had has arrived. I nearly vomited on my toddler laying him down to nap, and the car is not my friend either 🤢... going to be a long 1st tri with a lot of carbs if this persists. 
  • Options
    I think I had my first craving today. Woke up desperate for Raisin Bran. I never eat cereal but it was the only thing I wanted. Hubby was happy to oblige with such an easy request!
  • Options
    @mehugg I can’t remember if this is your first or not (and mobile so not looking bc that would take a lifetime 😂) but that is exactly how I felt showering while BFing... the entire 9mo I made it with DD... plus a while after too. 

I am so. nauseous. Uggggh... this shit sucks! My bestie made a comment about, “at least it’s not as bad this time.” I asked DH and he said this time seems a little worse but not by much. I don’t remember it being so horrible last time but I must have blocked it out! 
  • Options
    This morning I got up and after an hour, took a two hour nap. An hour later I took a three hour nap. We have two kids so this isn’t usually something that I can do... one of my naps happened with my toddler sitting next to me talking nonstop and I still fell asleep. And never felt rested. I’m not even 5 weeks but I’m thinking it’s starting to hit me?
  • Options
    nutter_beannutter_bean member
    edited November 2019
    I have started getting nauseous consistently throughout the day (6 weeks).  Why am I so excited to be nauseous??? I'm a crazy person. This will be my first so we keep looking for clues that it's really happening.
  • Options
    I am having such a good day for nausea (or lack of lol). I'm so excited! I hope it lasts all day!
  • Options
    I had been so excited that I'd mostly been sticking to normal eating habits this time around. I was RAVENOUS the entire pregnancy with my first, and I was hoping to avoid the snacking all day every day (like... tub of peanut butter in my desk drawer and eat several spoonfuls at a time type snacking). I'm not so sure now though. I've been starving basically since I woke up. I ate a giant bowl of cheerios this morning, and my stomach started growling again at 9:30. I guess I need to invest in some healthy snacks to keep at work.
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 maybe adding in some high protein snacks will help. I'm not gonna lie, a bowl of cheerios wouldn't hold me over either.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread so I'm sorry if I got it wrong... I just got the results from the blood test they did at my 5-week confirmation appointment and my hcg levels were above threshold for pregnancy but very low. I'm going to have another test tomorrow. Right now I'm pretty upset. I've been worried in general because other than my missed period (I've had no spotting at all) I'm not really having any symptoms. I should be 6 weeks today, and I'm pretty sure about that timing because I was using LH test strips. 

I know you all aren't my doctor and you can't really tell me if I am or am not reasonably worried. I'm just really sad and freaked out and I wanted to tell someone.
  • Options
    @emilyo89 I’m sorry you are going through this. HCG levels really don’t tell you much as a stand alone result. The important part is that they are rising appropriately. 

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your level that they are considering very low? 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    83 mIU/mL. To be fair to my doctor "very low" were my words not hers. I guess the fact that the results didn't assuage my concerns about not having symptoms is making my think that they confirm my concerns.
  • Options
    @emilyo89 if your doctor was concerned they should be running repeats after 48 hours. It could be that even through you know when you ovulated that your little bean took a little longer to implant. 
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies. It does feel a bit better just to talk about it. I'm feeling pretty anxious and emotional general, which now that I'm thinking about it might be a symptom after all.
  • Options
    @emilyo89 as others mentioned, one result doesn’t mean much. My first beta for this pregnancy was 27. Then 90. Then 270. I just started betas very early in the pregnancy so the values were low but the increases were right on track. A repeat test would provide a bit more info on whether the pregnancy is progressing. And you could just be off on your timing. Hope you get the reassurance you need soon, I know it’s stressful! 
  • Options
    @emilyo89 +1 for waiting until you have a repeat drawn. The important part is that the number is rising, not the starting point. Hopefully you see the results you're looking for soon. I know it can be stressful.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm going back for another test tomorrow. Hopefully the results come back faster this time since that's the only test they're doing.
  • Options
    @b_1029 FX it's just symptoms and not your coworker who was feeling generous with his germs!
  • Options
    I feel like throwing up pretty much all day... that is all just wanted to complain 😩 

• Options
    @b_1029 I've found that I feel worse as the day goes on (so much for the "morning" in morning sickness, ha). Just some mild nausea, not to bad yet, but so tired. Maybe you're like me!
  • Options
    @mehugg same... even if I have a good nausea day, I'm having to work hard to keep it at bay by the evening.