July 2020 Moms

*Symptoms Thread*

Anyone feeling pregnant yet? Cravings, complaints, exhaustion?  Feel free to share here. 

Re: *Symptoms Thread*

• Just a lot of nausea (saltines and oatmeal are huge helps) and some fatigue. My emotions are all over the place too.  
  • Loading the player...
  • nothing yet here just very tired (more than usual!) and minor cramping here and there.  Though i've already stocked my desk with ginger candies and crackers so im ready to go in a pinch
  • The fatigue is really hitting me this time. It was all I could do to stay up until 9pm last night. DH definitely judged me when I left the media room to go to bed... "you realize it's 8:55, right?"  :D
    Also, nothing sounds good.... which is probably the start of the entire pregnancy long food aversions I had last time. 
  • Oh boy this pregnancy has already been vastly different from my last 2. I've never had morning sickness this early (3-4 weeks) but I have it all day long. Also lots of round ligament pain which was what clued me in to testing with DD2, and exhaustion. Plus a fun new symptom I've never had before: dizzy / lightheaded. I can just tell this pregnancy is gonna be fun lol
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • MrsTiger123MrsTiger123 member
    edited November 2019
    When did your morning sickness typically begin? @mytrueloves

• All. Day. Nausea. 
    I’m already over it. 
  • Last week I was majorly bloated and super tired, this week I’m very emotional (my husband just loves this part lol) 
  • @MrsTiger123 With DD1 it was 9 weeks and with DD2 it was about 8 weeks give or take a few days. So definitely not this early!
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Anyone else freezing cold? Besides having to dress for winter, I've been having mild food aversions (no leftovers please), and a bit of insomnia.
  • @belle2118 - Ugh... I'm so off, emotionally, also. I'm uber social but am feeling like I want to pull away from everyone. I'm just down about a lot lately. Definitely not going to make it the entire pregnancy without some Prozac. 
  • macb85macb85 member
    edited November 2019
    Surprisingly, very few symptoms so far. I got super nauseous in week 5 with my last pregnancy, and my doc recommended B6 and unisom, so I started taking those as soon as I got my positive result. I didn't take unisom the night before last, and I was nauseous a lot of the day yesterday, so I think it really helps! I teared up at a Pelaton commercial this morning, so there's that. 
  • Nothing major yet, a few weird cramps that felt stretchy for lack of a better descriptor. Also, no insomnia but I've been up earlier these past few days. Here's to cautious optimism that it stays that way!  :D I think, technically since I O'd on Oct 21, I'm 4w+2 even though my last period was Sept 20. 
  • Nothing major yet except some minor cramping that has mostly disappeared and general lack of appetite. I’m also more emotional, I think, kinda feel like I could tear up over anything. But it’s early, not even 5w yet, so I’m mentally preparing myself for worse. 😁
  • I’ve had fairly minor symptoms so far. Bloating, a little bit of dizziness, vivid dreams, and congestion. Yesterday I woke up swearing that I had a clogged duct that miraculously healed in my sleep but then remembered that sometimes boobs just hurt. I’m really curious to see how this pregnancy will be different from my first!
  • @blaf322 emotional downshifts could very well be from hormones. I had intense depression for the first 11 weeks of my pregnancy with DD2 but once my hormones regulated around week 12 my mood returned to its "normal".
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves I'm hoping to hang in there and not need anything until at least 3rd tri.... but I just didn't get this way with DD so I'm not sure how that'll pan out. We'll see! 
  • Anyone else having caffeine withdrawal headaches? Just me? 
  • @rachelredhead I had no intention of not having my morning cup of coffee... but it just doesn't taste good to me now and I haven't been able to drink it the last few days. This is a cruel, cruel development, and I hope it changes asap! 
  • @stlbuckeye132 ugh, that’s rough! Can you try a caffeinated tea? A can of coke? Would it be more palatable if it was cold, one of those Starbucks bottled Frappuccino things, etc.? Hope it gets better soon! 
  • @rachelredhead I'm not a pop drinker, and I had a pumpkin cream cold brew on Saturday but only drank about 1/3 of it because it tasted gross. I didn't even know I was pregnant then and just assumed the barista got it wrong, but now I'm not sure. I'll try again this weekend! I may try tea tomorrow. Hopefully something works! haha
  • I am mainly bloated and sore boobs so far.
    TW loss mentioned 

**BFP#1 9/5/12   EDD 5/15/13  changed to 5/25/13 after u/s,  missed mc 10/19/12.  D and C 10/22/12** 
     **BFP#2 9/12/13  EDD 5/16/14 changed to 5/27/14 after u/s, hb 126 on 10/11/13, miscarriage on 10/24.13**
    ~RPL testing results from 12/6/13 show everything normal except elevated prolactin. Blood work is now in the normal range. All AL welcome!
    BFP #3 10/24/14  Our rainbow baby was born July 2015
    BFP 4 10/28/19 EDD 7/6/20
  • The night time bloat is real guys. 
  • Not sure if this is a symptom or not or if my body is just generally being stupid but I’ve woken up at 4:30 the last 3 nights and am super over it 😴 let me sleep, body!
  • I went to yoga class last night and everything was great until we were supposed to relax flat on the floor facing down.  It was super painful to put any weight on the boobs so I kind of had to arch up a bit to take the weight off. I have rocks tits right now. 
  • So. Much. Burping. 
  • @coffeeandcookies84 . I hear you on the night bloating.  I have parent teacher conferences today, and had to wear something that could hide all the bloat.  Being a STM also means that the bloat is even more real.   :s
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @littlebug2010 yes! I already had a little bump left over from DS so that definitely helps with the 5 weeks = 5 months once the daily bloat show starts. 

Im also up 10lbs from first pregnancy, so there’s that too.
  • @b_1029 that was one of my very first symptoms that kind of tipped me off that something might be up. I normally sleep like a log until my alarm goes off, but I’d be waking up at odd hours.

i think this is why some BMBs start a bump in the night thread 😆
  • @coffeeandcookies84. YES! I’m up more than I want to admit from baby 1. But wow I feel so big when I get home. Wearing all the black today to hide. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @coffeeandcookies84 @b_1029 yeah, I keep waking up well before my alarm which is NOT COOL. And my dreams are freaking weird. Not scary, but super vivid. I can’t remember them really but I wake up basically thinking, “wtf was that??”
  • @littlebug2010 @coffeeandcookies84 my bloat is way worse at night too. I remember from last time it actually looked like I had a baby bump at night and in the morning it was gone again 😆. 
  • I have been waking up DRENCHED every morning. It has to be hormone related b/c I'm not hot at all! So annoying... and gross! Like, I just wanna have one lazy day where I throw in some dry shampoo and go instead of having to shower everyday b/c I've been a sweaty freak overnight  :D
  • Skk1977Skk1977 member
    edited November 2019
    I have a completely unique set of symptoms this time. No breast tenderness, food aversions now but I have this weird soapy taste in my mouth when I eat and drink. Never experienced this before. Odd.
    MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • @Skk1977 I didnt have a soapy taste in my mouth with my first, but any time I drank water, it felt thick and slimy. It is strange the way the body reacts.
  • @luckyduck42 same here! Ever since my first pregnancy, water makes me nauseous. It gets really bad every time I get pregnant but never goes away even when I'm not pregnant anymore.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • I don’t know if this is a symptom but I’m feeling a bit anxious today. I live in PA but and in CA for a wedding. H is coming tomorrow and I’m having fun with a friend but I think the travel/being away from H is getting to me which doesn’t bode well as I have a conference in Chicago nov 17-19 (and my first OB appt the 20th!)

Anyone have any good anti anxiety strategies? I’m also a bit nervous when I eat that I won’t feel good which hasn’t happened but if you’re following along with my neurosis I have a bit vomit fear lol.
  • @pocketrose I have an old therapist that swears by utilizing breathing techniques to help with anxiety. It's just not my jam. For me, generalized anxiety (where I'm just anxious in general, not because of one certain thing that I can pinpoint/fix) doesn't really have a fix other than meds. 
    If you can pinpoint a reason, lists always seem to help me feel better. Good luck... anxiety is a bitch and I'm so sorry you're dealing with it.