Trying to Get Pregnant

FFFC 11.1

Let’s hear those Friday Confessions, ladies! *As always, not completely guaranteed to be flame-free!*

Re: FFFC 11.1

• Loading the player...
  • I've recently popped onto the BMBs (did not know they existed until recently) and definitely see the highs and lows of them. I'm not at the point where I'm annoyed by the IUD/5th baby/etc business but it's a good eye opener of dos and don'ts.
  • @ttcbabyodo Of course, because Bog Monsters are the best!!!  Sending you extra hugs - anything in specific making you feel that way?
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @bows22 I just don't get why people do that. I mean I've read enough stories about babies popping out in matter of minutes or being born on the side of the freeway because they took too long in getting ready and out the door. Like why not just be at least somewhat prepared. It seems like some people act a little too chill about the whole thing.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @kiki047 Definitely does not make you a bad person. I have absolutely done the same thing. Don't feel bad, it is what it is. You have to do the things that make you feel good. No one has a right to judge you for that.  <3
  • @ttcbabyodo ugggghh that's all just too much! DH doesn't understand being so emotional. He's not one to show any of that. So often he doesn't understand why I get so upset and I have to keep telling him "just let my cry about it dammit then I'll get over it". Sometimes my mood is only satisfied if I've moped a proper amount of time! Many hugs ❤️❤️
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @kiki047 - I can so relate to you using your TTC journey as an excuse to get out of an unpleasant situation. You will receive no judgment from me. We're using our recent loss as a way to get out of hosting Thanksgiving this year, when in reality, we're just burnt out from being the ones to host all the things (Super Bowl Sunday, St Paddy's Day, Memorial Day crawfish boil, Labor Day end of summer cookout, Thanksgiving, etc). Lately, people haven't really been respecting our home, and it gets expensive being the hosts all the time. None of our friends have hosted an event at their homes, save for Galentine's Day back in February, and that was just us girls, so I'm not even sure that counts. 

I'm salty AF, yo.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @ttcbabyodo my MIL stopped hosting Thanksgiving a few years back for her side of the family because all the nieces and nephews (at the time being probably 5-12 years of age) left the house a mess. Didn't put away board games they played - apples to apples cards left strewn about the floor in the basement. One of the bedrooms had the closet door off the track, and this was a mirror door so it was heavy. She. Was. TICKED. Now she just does it with us and her mom for a Thanksgiving meal so there's only 7 of us.

Both sides of DH's family keep trying to get us to host and I'm like F that. I've never had to cook a large meal like that nor do I have the patience to spend that kind of time doing it, nor would my fridge for all the food I would need to make. I generally hate big gatherings unless people aren't super rowdy.

I might just pose the question to see if DH wants to go back to the Chattanooga aquarium after Christmas just for the far away quiet time. Ha!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 - A Thanksgiving getaway sounds divine. For a fleeting moment, I had considered booking a quick trip to Disney World for Thanksgiving because we could so use the pick-me-up, but that would be financially irresponsible. 
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @kpearse99 thanks lady! ☺️

@inthewoods23 I agree...you can not totally understand something or say that it doesn’t bother you, but still respect it!! That was crazy with that girl in the grad check-in thread....she deserved to be taken down a notch or two! 
  • @ttcbabyodo @bluetickgal I was literally like "OMG you just did EVERYTHING wrong" and fuming over her post.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause