May 2020 Moms

Introduce Yourself Here!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

• Hi everyone :) 
    - 5/24
    - missed my period while in Las Vegas on vacay last week 🤷 We'd been trying so I knew there was a chance. 
    -live with Hubs and DS, 2 (birthday Aug 11) and two fur babies in FL 
    - mostly a lurker on the boards bc my the app on my phone is so awful! 😆
  • Loading the player...
  • @caseysunshine1986 Welcome! It's not your phone, it's just the app. I had to delete it and just mobile Bump it. 
  • @allywat @stella_700 good to know I’m not alone. Let’s all keep our fingers crossed this time!
  • edited October 2019
    Hi all!

- I first found out on 9/15 with a super squinter at 10dpo. My in-laws were here visiting and we broke the news to them around 12dpo when I had a clear test to surprise them with. They had no idea and were thrilled to be grandparents again!
    - I love music and am a fiddler (traditional styles from New England and Canada). I also enjoy cooking, baking, and reading. 
    - I'm married and hubby and I just celebrated our third anniversary. We have one other child who is a very busy 19 month old girl. 
    - Christian mama living in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We moved to Michigan from Maine due to my husbands work. 
  • - EDD (Estimated Due Date) May 8th
    - How you found out - my husband and I had been trying two months prior. I had no doubt in my mind that I was about to start my period, bloat, acne, the works. My husband, daughter and I went on a trip and when we came back I took a test and it came back positive! My husband actually talked me into it because I was dead set I was starting my period late.
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc. - I teach elementary school. 
    - Spouse, Kids - My husband is also a teacher and we have an almost 14 month old daughter.
    - I know it's too early to show, but my bloat is so real! I've had 4 people at work ask if I was pregnant already. One just said she knows because she's been watching me and I'm already bigger that the girl due in February. 🙈🙈🙈 I teach fitness classes for the other teachers after school so they don't expect me to have a gut ever 🙄
  •  EDD: May 14
     How you found out: I actually had an appointment to go see the OBGYN about my very irregular periods and we had been trying to conceive for almost a year. On Labor Day I decided to take a pregnancy test just for the heck of it (and before I went to my appointment the next week) and to my surprise it was faintly positive! A couple tests later (as the line kept getting darker) I finally accepted that we were pregnant.
    Hobbies, Job, Etc.: I am a postpartum RN. I love spending time with family and watching Carolina football.
    Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Fur-babies: I have been married for almost 2 yrs and this will be our first child. We have 4 fur babies (3 dogs and 1 cat)
    Anything you’d like us to know 🙂: We are super excited to start this chapter in our lives together. This will be my parents 2nd grandchild and his parents 7th grandchild.
  • hilzabubhilzabub member
    edited October 2019
    EDD: May 26, 2020

How I found out: I just had a feeling (so did my husband, he kept joking that I was probably pregnant), which was confirmed by my period being late and breasts being tender. I took an at home pregnancy test and it was positive, then confirmed at doctor's office. 

Hobbies/job: I quit my job a while back, my husband can support us financially so I have been renovating our house and helping at my husband's office once in a while. Also have been raising our puppy. I love yoga, meditation, hiking, and just anything hanging out with friends and family.

Family: I have been married to my husband for just over a year. No kids right now, I miscarried last year once so I hope this is successful. We have a 6 month old leonberger puppy and he is awesome. We are training him to be a therapy dog.

Anything else? We are in Canada. We are both excited for this chapter but I am anxious because of a previous loss. My family will be so excited to have another little one added to the extended family! I think I will be able to be excited when we get past the first trimester. 
  • - EDD (Estimated Due Date): May 17, 2020
    - How you found out: Missed period & two positive tests :) 
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc. : Meditation, Zumba & Yoga
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies: Boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years, he is a single dad to a 12 year old son. I have an 11 year old son from my previous marriage. Blending!!
    - Anything you’d like us to know 🙂: I'm 42 and we just scheduled our fertility appt when bam...I'm preggo!
  • - EDD (Estimated Due Date): May 1st
    - How you found out: I would drink a few days before and during my period when we were trying. Wanted to celebrate finishing my first week at a new job but needed to take the test to confirm beforehand. I was certain I wasn't pregnant but glad husband insisted that I take the test before we started drinking for the night. 
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc.: Lawyer. I like to read and am worried how having a child will cut into my quiet alone morning time.  
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies: first baby. Been married about 2 years. 
    - Anything you’d like us to know 🙂: starting to show at 11 weeks and nervous that I'll have to break the news to my job before I want to (which would ideally not be for another 4-8 weeks)
    Me: 30 | H: 34
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
    EDD: 5/1/20  *please stick, baby*
  • @purduekrista I ran into a pregnant coworker at my first appointment too! We didn't talk, but she saw me with my "welcome" bag and we shared a look that I hope conveyed "please don't tell" I'm trying to make it until at least after thanksgiving without telling work! 
  • purduekristapurduekrista member
    edited October 2019
    @chewie5990 Fingers crosses she’ll keep your secret! I’d like to make it to Thanksgiving before telling my boss but I also work with my MIL and I know she’ll have a hard time keeping the secret!
  • Hi everyone, 
    EDD:5/21/2020
    How we found out: I went in to my doctor with lower left abdominal pain, I had an IUD in place so the thought of being pregnant hadn't really even crossed my mind. So I found out last week at 10 weeks. 
    Job/Hobbies: I work with people with disabilities in writing plans and assisting to find them services including but not limited to job coaching, community hab, and IRA placement. Hobbies are usually whatever my almost six year old finds interesting for us and I am just getting into restoring vintage furniture. 
    Spouse, kids, fur babies: My DF is Zach and we have been together 7 years, we have one son who was born in Dec 2013 and a cat and dog. 

I am excited to get to know everyone! 
  • Well, for some reason, my original intro waaaaaay back in Aug/Sep did not post...so here I go again. And yes, I've really been lurking all this time. 😉 Lol.

Today, I am 13 weeks. EDD May 6th.

This is my 6th pregnancy. I have 4 boys (9, 8, 6, 3) and 1 girl (2 next month). I also have a cat, 2 dogs, 3 roosters, 14 chickens, and 31 eggs incubating (hatch day is Friday, so if anyone wants "newborn" pics...lol). 

All my children have been born at home with a midwife in attendance. If it comes down to needing to be in hospital, I will, but if not, home I shall remain.

I feel that every woman and every pregnancy is unique; that what meets the needs of one may not meet the needs of another. I have found that there are very few true absolutes, especially in pregnancy. 

I am also a massage therapist; currently, over 10 years experience. I specialized in prenatal massage and the only thing holding up my labor doula certification is attending the set number of births within the defined timeframe (always just miss it😫).

If, for some reason, I come off as abrasive or judgemental (not been an issue to date), I ask you to PM me to discuss it. It is never my intention to do so and I much prefer to avoid drama. But, if it should ever happen, I would appreciate knowing about it.👍🏻

Other than that, I wish all you lovely ladies, healthy pregnancies and a cuddly bundle (or two...or more?) to fill your arms in a few short months. 🥰💗
  • Hi all!  I've been lurking for a while, but I suppose I should probably introduce myself:

EDD: May 1

How I found out: We decided to start trying and got pregnant the very first month.  I had some implantation bleeding the day of my expected period, lost hope, but then tested the next day after it went away.  Woke my husband up at 5am the next morning (happy) crying!

Job: I'm a high school teacher.  Students don't know yet!  Can't wait for the ever-so-friendly comments they'll have.

Hobbies: I love gardening and outdoor adventures, but it's been hard with all this pregnancy sickness!

Family: First baby!  Husband and I are both 24.  We've been married two years and together since high school.  Oh, and we have a cat.  He's keeping my feet warm this very moment!
  • @knottie4ead9760e504bc40 Hello, and welcome! If you could, head on over to Knottie usernames to learn how to change your username to something more easily recognizable, so we can interact with you better here. It will make tagging you and distinguishing who you are much much easier. 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• popcornalliepopcornallie member
    edited November 2019
    @shamrocandroll Just figured it out!  I'd always ignored the "knottie usernames" post as I had no idea what it was.  It all clicked after I made my post and saw what my username was.  ;)
  • Hi all. Bit of a latecomer here. Canadian, 34, married 10 years, 2 preschoolers at home. Due date is May 17th, but OBGYN says that since it's twins, if all goes well, to expect to deliver around 37-38 weeks. I found out I was pregnant by taking a pregnancy test (we were ttc). I work for the government and hope to be able to continue after maternity leave (my country allows for 18 months of leave and I am hoping my employer will be flexible and allow for even a little more.) This will be 4 kids in 5 years for us. Two cats. Hobbies and projects are pretty much limited to taking care of kids, hanging out with family and working on the house. 
  • @lynley4 Welcome! We have quite a few twin pregnancies on this board. Are yours identical or fraternal?