Introduce Yourself Here! - Page 6 — The Bump
May 2020 Moms

Introduce Yourself Here!

12346»

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

• Hi everyone :) 
    - 5/24
    - missed my period while in Las Vegas on vacay last week 🤷 We'd been trying so I knew there was a chance. 
    -live with Hubs and DS, 2 (birthday Aug 11) and two fur babies in FL 
    - mostly a lurker on the boards bc my the app on my phone is so awful! 😆
    m6aguadarkrose88
  • Loading the player...
  • @caseysunshine1986 Welcome! It's not your phone, it's just the app. I had to delete it and just mobile Bump it. 
  • @allywat @stella_700 good to know I’m not alone. Let’s all keep our fingers crossed this time!
  • edited October 3
    Hi all!

- I first found out on 9/15 with a super squinter at 10dpo. My in-laws were here visiting and we broke the news to them around 12dpo when I had a clear test to surprise them with. They had no idea and were thrilled to be grandparents again!
    - I love music and am a fiddler (traditional styles from New England and Canada). I also enjoy cooking, baking, and reading. 
    - I'm married and hubby and I just celebrated our third anniversary. We have one other child who is a very busy 19 month old girl. 
    - Christian mama living in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We moved to Michigan from Maine due to my husbands work. 
    ruby696soprano19m6aguamdfarmchick
  • - EDD (Estimated Due Date) May 8th
    - How you found out - my husband and I had been trying two months prior. I had no doubt in my mind that I was about to start my period, bloat, acne, the works. My husband, daughter and I went on a trip and when we came back I took a test and it came back positive! My husband actually talked me into it because I was dead set I was starting my period late.
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc. - I teach elementary school. 
    - Spouse, Kids - My husband is also a teacher and we have an almost 14 month old daughter.
    - I know it's too early to show, but my bloat is so real! I've had 4 people at work ask if I was pregnant already. One just said she knows because she's been watching me and I'm already bigger that the girl due in February. 🙈🙈🙈 I teach fitness classes for the other teachers after school so they don't expect me to have a gut ever 🙄
    mdfarmchicklajoliedreamer
  •  EDD: May 14
     How you found out: I actually had an appointment to go see the OBGYN about my very irregular periods and we had been trying to conceive for almost a year. On Labor Day I decided to take a pregnancy test just for the heck of it (and before I went to my appointment the next week) and to my surprise it was faintly positive! A couple tests later (as the line kept getting darker) I finally accepted that we were pregnant.
    Hobbies, Job, Etc.: I am a postpartum RN. I love spending time with family and watching Carolina football.
    Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Fur-babies: I have been married for almost 2 yrs and this will be our first child. We have 4 fur babies (3 dogs and 1 cat)
    Anything you’d like us to know 🙂: We are super excited to start this chapter in our lives together. This will be my parents 2nd grandchild and his parents 7th grandchild.
    lajoliedreamer
  • hilzabubhilzabub
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited October 15
    EDD: May 26, 2020

How I found out: I just had a feeling (so did my husband, he kept joking that I was probably pregnant), which was confirmed by my period being late and breasts being tender. I took an at home pregnancy test and it was positive, then confirmed at doctor's office. 

Hobbies/job: I quit my job a while back, my husband can support us financially so I have been renovating our house and helping at my husband's office once in a while. Also have been raising our puppy. I love yoga, meditation, hiking, and just anything hanging out with friends and family.

Family: I have been married to my husband for just over a year. No kids right now, I miscarried last year once so I hope this is successful. We have a 6 month old leonberger puppy and he is awesome. We are training him to be a therapy dog.

Anything else? We are in Canada. We are both excited for this chapter but I am anxious because of a previous loss. My family will be so excited to have another little one added to the extended family! I think I will be able to be excited when we get past the first trimester. 
  • - EDD (Estimated Due Date): May 17, 2020
    - How you found out: Missed period & two positive tests :) 
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc. : Meditation, Zumba & Yoga
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies: Boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years, he is a single dad to a 12 year old son. I have an 11 year old son from my previous marriage. Blending!!
    - Anything you’d like us to know 🙂: I'm 42 and we just scheduled our fertility appt when bam...I'm preggo!
    lajoliedreamerm6aguaallie456