May 2020 Moms

Introduce Yourself Here!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

• Loading the player...
  • @allie456 congratulations! I too conceived through FET and also transferred my only two viable blastocysts. It’s nerve wracking but such a relief to get that positive result! Best of luck with your hCG tests coming up. I’m due for my first ultrasound tomorrow to find out if one or both stuck 👯 
  • Hey @kaitieb14! I recognize your username, I was only occasionally active in the N17 board and like @mamaqdubu said, everyone moved to FB so soon :(   Glad to see you here!

@mamaqdubu Yeah CT isn’t far at all. And yes hopefully everyone sticks around here longer. I’m looking forward to building the same kind of community.
  • good luck! I'll be on the edge of my seat for you.
  • @LuckBeALady I’m a music teacher too!
  • Hey @jhysmath nice to see a fellow May18 mom here  :).
  • Hi everyone! I'm a STM and have an EDD of May 5th. I have one DS who is 20 months old. 
    I work as a librarian and live in sunny Southern California. In my free time (ha!) I like to read, see and bake. 

I look forward to getting to know everyone! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @gh515 heyyy! I’m glad you popped in here too since our boys are the same age. 😘
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin Congratulations! So excited to see you in May 2020! I hope this pregnancy is easier on you than the last. It sounds scary! 
  • Yay @whatsbumpinpumpkin, I'm so glad to see you here! Fx for a smooth 9 months. ❤
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin so happy to see you here! I hope this pregnancy and delivery are easier than last time!
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin I changed my bump name, but you know me 🙃 so fun to share another bump board with you! 
  • @mdfarmchick YAY YES. Honestly, part of why I joined again was when I saw your name on a thread! <3 
  • - EDD: 05/06/2019
    - How you found out: Missed period but I didn’t think too much of it due to being irregular. I was not feeling well and I decided to take a test at cycle day 40 and it was positive right away.  
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc.: I like to crochet. I work in healthcare. 
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies: My husband and 1 DD. 
    - Anything you’d like us to know: I’m happy to be here and congratulations to you all!
  • EDD May 15 but hoping baby bakes longer I want a Gemini 
    - I watch my cycle pretty closely and things just seemed off so I took a test lol not that exciting 
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc. I’m a doula and community organizer 
    - My partner is hype as all get out 
    - I’m definitely excited now I had a lot of anxiety when I found out because this wasn’t planned but hey if you’re messing around without a condom is it really unplanned
  • Hi! I'm Olivia. 
    EDD May 23rd. We stopped preventing a few months ago but weren't actively tracking ovulation or anything yet. I had a dollar tree test left from last month and decided to take it Saturday night a few days before I expected my period. I fully expected it to be negative but there was a faint line (still visible in photos). On sunday I took two early response tests one digital and one regular and both showed positives. I don't go to the dr. until Oct 22nd but have taken a few more tests since and all have been positive. 

This is my second pregnancy. I have a DD named Emma who is 2.5 (March 2017)
    I'm a SAHM. When I'm not chasing my toddler I like to binge-watch television and read. 
    DH works night-shift. We've been married 4 years in December and together 6 yrs in two days. My daughter is a strong-willed wild redhead. She keeps us on our toes!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi! I don't know the acronyms but I'm 32 in Philadelphia! BFP 10 dpo (did I do that right?) So the online calculators put me at 6+5.

Had about ~3 hrs of red bleeding and 3 small clots at 4+1. Called doctor, said too early to tell. Scheduled me for 10/2 for first scan. Positive lines kept getting darker, so here I wait! Light symptoms aside from fatigue, some nipple tenderness and an aversion to chocolate milk. Hard to be excited while I'm in limbo.
  • lisushlisush member
    edited September 2019
    @heyybritt I sympathize! we also just got married (in June) and we may be moving to a different state mid-pregnancy. It's a lot!

Hi all! I'm popping over from the April BMB because I finally got an ultrasound and I'm definitely not due in April haha.
    My name is Lisa, I'm 32 and I currently live in northern Virginia. FTM and very excited!

EDD: 5/21/20? Still no official date but tracking at around 5 weeks right now. Next U/S Oct. 4.

How you found out: Been testing consistently since 8/7 (with online cheapies) and only just got my BFP on 9/10 with a FRER.

Hobbies, Job, Etc I am an administrator for a residential adolescent eating disorder treatment center. I've been working in the field since 2011 and the people I work with are amazing. They all knew my plans to get pregnant before I even went off birth control, so they were very excited to be the first to know I got my BFP! I like to make things - pottery, jewelry, knitting, baking. I also enjoy nature or just binge watching TV with DH. Also huge Eagles fan!

Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Fur babies Just married DH (who will be 33 in October) in June but we've been together more than 5 years. One small rescue dog named Mowgli who's probably about 7. Not sure exactly what he is but something like a schnoodle, havapoo, cockapoo, or shih poo I'm guessing.

Anything you’d like us to know: Lots of changes may be on the horizon for us with jobs and where we're living. Hoping everything works out in the least stressful way possible.

(*edited to correct EDD and for formatting)