May 2020 Moms

Introduce Yourself Here!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

• @catem07 - I’m right there with you on the worries about another kid in daycare. We seriously wondered if we should have another because we just bought a house and affording both a mortgage and another daycare expense is going to be tight. The daycare situation in the US is depressing. There has got to be a way to have affordable, quality care that also supports the staff well to avoid the turnover. Having to pay the equivalent of a college education every year is not realistic or sustainable for most families.

I also hated being pregnant the first time and am trying to enjoy it this time. We’ll see how that goes!
  • @lajoliedreamer appreciate the commiseration. we also just bought a house! 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Loading the player...
  • @catem07 @lajoliedreamer +1 to having two in daycare. I can’t wait till DD can start public education. She’s an October baby, so we can start her in TK in the school year that she is 4 going on 5, but that’s still three more years away...
  • - EDD - May 12, 2020
    - How you found out - I took a clear blue pregnancy test, thinking it would be negative, and it had a VERY faint blue line, I figured I was just going crazy, so I just threw it away. Then this morning I took First response because that very faint blue line was driving me insane. For my first 2, the line popped up immediately, even though I was very early, so today, the line didn't pop up right away so I thought I was in the clear, then I checked again right before leaving for work, and sure enough, there was a second pink line!! 
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc. - My hobbies include diamond paintings and paint by numbers. I am a contract administrator 
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies - My husband and I have been together for 5 years, married for 2. We have 2 little boys, Nolan who is 3 and Paxton who just turned 1 in July. We also have 1 dog who is 6.5. 
    - Anything you’d like us to know - I know this sounds crazy. But I really want to keep this a secret from my husband until I know the gender. I just ordered the sneek peek test, but I don't know if I'll be able to keep it a secret. I'm honestly not sure when I conceived because I breastfed my last son for 13.5 months (just stopped in August) and I got my first period since before I conceived him on August 6th, which was very light (normal for me) but longer than usual. Then on August 23, I started bleeding VERY heavy, which is completely abnormal, but I just chalked it up to my body getting back to normal after not having a cycle for so long. I am just hoping my husband doesn't start asking questions before I am able to take the test as I've been very moody LOL. 
  • @minab700 praying that this is your sticky baby!
  • @minab700 prayers that this is your rainbow! 
  • Hi all! Im newish here! However just found got a BFP on Saturday and am ecstatic to be pregnant with my 4th! - EDD of May 12th and first OB set up for 10/2! I found out a day after my husband's birthday! First early test was negative and then I took one the next night and presented it to him as a belated birthday present! 😁

I have a almost 11 year old DD -  I was barely 17 when she was born but she was the best thing that could've happen to me, an almost 8 year old DS both from my first marriage and my current husband and I have a DD that just turned 2!  We have been together for 4 years and married 1!

We have been trying for a few month for a little sibling for "the baby" as we call her (even though she's two) and are so happy it has finally happened!  I am a loan officer and my husband does Pavement marking for a Traffic company which is a busy summer job! He finds himself out of town a lot in the summer which is stressful but we manage.  

I am pretty involved in my community and love volunteering!  We have a 120 lb white German Shepard and an orange tabby cat! Needless to say we have a very very busy household! 

I am so happy to be here! Best wishes for a healthy/happy pregnancy for all! 

Congrats! Baby #4 here too! 
  • @mamaqdubu Yay!!!!  Congratulations!  I'm so happy to see you here!  Also, I am pretty sure we've talked about this already, but just want to reiterate here that I am also a nerdy engineer who lives in New England and has a Goldendoodle.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll I knew the engineer part! And now even more excited! great minds think a like I guess :) Excited to share a BMB with you!
  • edited September 2019
    @mamaqdubu Which state are you in?  I'm in NH, right on the VT border.

ETA But originally from Boston
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll I’m in central CT! 
  • @bender29 I did IVF too - fresh 2 day transfer and my EDD is also May 14th! Welcome!
  • Hi, this is my first post ever and I’m extremely nervous. I’m due 5/7 (I think). I found out from chronic POAS. I just need to stop testing now because the lines are dark.  I have had several CP’s (last one in Jan 19). We have a 5 yr old son and 6 yr old Bernese mountain dog fur baby. I’m looking forward to our first doc appt on 9/30. Not doing betas this time. Trying to just take it 1 day at a time. I lead large IT projects and travel for work a lot. Any other plus size mamas out there?
  • Hi @knottieead5a8de0bbd003e I'm sorry about your losses!  When you have a minute, please check out the "Knottie usernames" thread for instructions on how to change your username to something more recognizable.  It will make interacting with you on here much easier.  :)
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Hey @randicap-2!! Fellow N17 mom, but I don’t recognize your username. Although after a lot of us moved to Facebook I immediately forgot everyone’s usernames and stopped using the bump 😂
  • @randicap-2 welcome! I'm in CT, so pretty close. I also have a Nov17 baby! I tried to get into the BMB, but they seemed to vanish to FB SO early and I didn't feel comfortable doing that yet. I'm really hoping people stick around here for a while!!
  • @mamaqdubu we moved in mid June that year to FB and most people were at least halfway 🤷🏼‍♀️ We’re all still active every day in the FB group and now on Marco Polo/a lot of us have become IRL friends now too, so I’m looking forward to hopefully building that same type of community here!
  • @kaitieb14 that's awesome! We did the same in my Aug16 group, but didn't move to FB until after our babes were born, that's why it felt so early to me. Definitely hoping to make lots of connections here this time around!
  • Thanks! I think I figured it out :)
  • @irish_katie_80 fellow canadian! My people! I'm in NS :)
  • @losersaidwhat Wahoo! I was actually just in NS visiting my sister. Sydney to be exact...and that's where I took my test and found out lol
  • @sevenn Yay!! So happy to see you here!!