May 2020 Moms

Introduce Yourself Here!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

• @ruby696 YAY, amazing news about your betas!!!  When do they bring you in for u/s?  I'm so excited you're here!!!!!!!!  <3 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Loading the player...
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited September 2019
    @shamrocandroll I have an US on 9/23 and I'll be a wreck until it's over. But my betas doubled, so FX.

Eta: spelling
  • @ruby696 I feel you on this.  My betas looked great, but now I'm just waiting for early u/s to confirm.  They're trying to get me in late next week, but it's on a cancellation basis because there are no current appointments open, so I won't know with very much advance notice, which makes having MH there with me really difficult.  And then I fly to Seattle on Saturday, and I'm just like "AHHHHH!"  PGAL anxiety is through the roof!  We'll get each other through it, though!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• YAY!!!! Congrats @ruby696 I am so excited for you! FX that those betas keep doubling and a fantastic u/s in a couple weeks!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @ruby696 yay!!!! I'm so excited you're here and your numbers look good! And we have the same edd!
  • @JStill0603 I turned 35 when pregnant with DD (I'm 38 now). Not only did I have an easy pregnancy and labor, I got lots of free extra testing since I was officially AMA. It was great! The risks really don't increase much at 35, so try not to worry.
  • Thanks for the encouragement... I am nervous for that but I am also nervous about feeling like a grandma when this LO goes to school! I am still trying to get over the shock of having kids born in 10, 15 and 20! 
  • @ruby696 so excited for you, congrats! Like you, I’ve been staring at those lines and it looks like they are darker!

I had my FET in Aug 30th, with beta bloodwork on Tuesday and Friday this coming week. We have been trying for 4 years for baby #2. I have one son who is 5. We started IVF in January this year and I’m cautiously optimistic that this is it. 
  • @scarles Good luck with your betas this week!!
  • Hey everyone! 
    - EDD - May 10 
    - How you found out - started testing at 8dpo and got a very faint positive on 10dpo. I didn’t even see it at first DH was the one to catch it. 

I’m a SAHM with a DD that just turned two in August. *TW we had an early loss before DD so hoping that this little bean sticks as well. DH is a corporate pilot so our lifestyle is a little bit different than most, we know his schedule Thursday that he reports on by Sunday so we are pretty spontaneous day to day. We have two dogs, a standard poodle and labradoodle. We also love to camp and spend time at my parent’s lake house. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and having some community! 

I feel like we’re going to be friends! We are pretty spontaneous here and love to camp as well! 
  • @jrouge12 congrats!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @jrouge12 welcome! I am also a lover of the baking world. My sourdough starter is named Mildred and is probably what I’d save in a fire 😂
  • - EDD I'm not entirely sure, my last period started on August 17th, but I ovulated on day 10, so I think I'm a little further than my EDD
    - How you found out: We've been trying for a few months, so I took a pregnancy test on Thursday and got a very faint positive 
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc.: I'm a social studies teacher 
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies: my husband is also a teacher, and I have a 4 year old son, and a 2 year old son.
    - Anything you’d like us to know: I'm pretty nervous about this pregnancy being successful, TW, I had 2 miscarriages in between my sons. I saw a reproductive endocrinologist after the two losses and she put me on Lovenox, progesterone, and extra Vitamin D for my 2 year old, and everything worked out. So I'm taking all the same medicines again this time, I'm trying to be as positive as possible that it will work out. I just have really bad anxiety about it all after the last time. 
  • @jrouge12 Eeeeek, congratulations!!!  So happy to see you here!

@heatherlynn321 I'm so sorry about your losses.  I just started up the weekly PGAL (pregnant after loss) thread, so feel free to join us over there if you want a group of ladies who are very sympathetic to PGAL anxiety!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Hi there! I'm Hannah, I am 19, and I'm expecting in mid-May 2020. I track my cycle with Flo, and pay close attention to my body. My partner and I were not trying, we were simply just not being the safest and were both open to having a child together. I knew I could be pregnant, and I took a test ONE day before my missed period. I was not expecting it to be positive...it was faint and I thought perhaps it was defective. I got a couple more tests and all were positive! This will be our first child. I'm nervous about miscarrying, but I am taking this one day at a time. 

Currently, I'm a barista at a really laid-back coffee shop near Charlottesville, VA, and I also work at an awesome pizza place, making salads and desserts. My partner actually works with me at the pizza place and is a massage therapist (well, just working out the kinks with obtaining his license!). I love to paint, draw, create...sing, dance, work with kids. My partner has a doggo (who is also now my baby too!) named Mila. She is a pit-rottweiler mix and I've never met a dog with such great manners and so much love! 

Anyways, I'm nervous but so, so excited! I'm hoping I don't miscarry, but there is literally nothing I can do to prevent it. That said, I totally plan on soaking up every moment while I have the chance. Good luck and much love to all you mamas! 
  • edited September 2019
    @knottie76bfc9035730a1f6 Welcome.  Thanks for the intro!  When you have a minute, check out the pinned post "Read this first" for instructions on how to change your username to something more recognizable so we can interact with you more easily.  Also, just a quick tip on board etiquette here: please try to use a "TW" (trigger warning) when talking about miscarriage, or perhaps consider not mentioning it casually.  I understand that you are nervous, but many of us here have experienced one or multiple miscarriages, so it can be triggering to see someone with no apparent risk factors bring it up like that.  Thanks for your consideration!

ETA: there are more detailed instructions about changing your username under the pinned thread titled "Knottie Usernames" 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Hello! Third time mom here but very first time joining and posting to a community board like this! :) a friend of mine did these boards with her December 2016 baby and made so many awesome friends and connections. I hope to as well. 

EDD: 05/20/20. Currently 11 dpo but found out at 9 dpo. This third was incredibly unplanned and we’re still wrapping our heads around it. I currently have a 5 1/2 year old and an almost 2 year old (2 in October) both girls. We had every intention of stopping at 2 but the universe had other plans. Husband will be getting a vasectomy ASAP lol. Husband and I have been married since June 2012 and we also have two cats that were my first babies (8 and 10 years old). 

Found out by realizing we BD on the day before O not the day before my period like I thought 🤦‍♀️ I even have screen shots of my app saying we were clear lol. Watched symptoms and the lines begin on Frers since 9dpo. Cheers. 

I have been a SAHM since my oldest was born. Prior to that I worked in the university library sector. Now I help my husband run our mobile auto mechanic business here in Long Beach and homeschool our ladies. 

Other things? This is insanely unplanned but we’re excited. We will be moving from Long Beach to Riverside Ca early 2020. My first birth was a cesarean and my second birth was a home birth. Hoping to have another home birth with this one. Very excited to meet other moms, especially those local since I am entering a new world of 3 kids lol. Thank you! 
    Me: 28 - no previous children
    DH: 33 - no previous children

03/11/12 - unplanned BFP, very excited
    04/30/12 - D&C for Blighted Ovum at 12 weeks

TTC ever since.

• thelovetriothelovetrio member
    edited September 2019
    Thanks for the encouragement... I am nervous for that but I am also nervous about feeling like a grandma when this LO goes to school! I am still trying to get over the shock of having kids born in 10, 15 and 20! 
    I am 35 as well! I turned 35 last May* and will be 36 when this little is born :) (not last week lol)
    Me: 28 - no previous children
    DH: 33 - no previous children

03/11/12 - unplanned BFP, very excited
    04/30/12 - D&C for Blighted Ovum at 12 weeks

TTC ever since.

• @shamrocandroll and @m6agua Thank you!!

@kaitieb14 Thank you! I'm always so afraid of sour dough starters. They're like creatures to me!  😂

• @lajoliedreamer Hey, I'm in New England and also was in N16!  I don't recognize your username (unless you changed it) so you might've been more active after I moved to a private group.  @m6agua is here, too!  :)
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Yay @lajoliedreamer! I'm excited to see you here too.  ;)
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• I saw that you mentioned N16, too, @shamrocandroll, but also don’t recognize your username. I honestly stuck mostly to pgal and missed the whole split to a private group until after it happened. 🤷‍♀️ I also wasn’t a New Englander then (Pacific Northwest) so maybe that factored in to you not remembering me. 

Glad to see a fellow N16er anyway! (And it’s great to see you here, too, @m6agua!!)
  • @lajoliedreamer my mom is an identical twin and I am nervous about having twins also! 
  • @JStill0603 The good news is that identical twins aren’t genetic, only fraternal, not that it helps with the worries! 
  • @lajoliedreamer i grew up with my mother telling me twins “skip” a generation and me, my sister or one of my cousins was going to have twins. This is the 4th pregnancy, so far all singles.