1st Trimester

I’m 8 weeks pregnant and I have a UTI

I’m get UTIs frequent enough and they’re just AWFUL for those who have never had one . It’s not something that just goes away it goes into my kidneys if I don’t treat it . I have another one and my doctor put me on keflex  antibiotic which he said is safe during pregnancy ( category B). I’m still afraid it may cause problems with the baby. Anyone have a UTI while pregnant? What did you do ? Was the baby ok? 

Re: I’m 8 weeks pregnant and I have a UTI

• @jennygirl5899 I also get UTIs pretty frequently and they suck. You’re more prone during pregnancy and they absolutely need to be treated. If your doctor says it’s safe then you should trust them and take it. You already have a history of it migrating to your kidneys which can be bad news while pregnant. Any type of backup or infection left untreated can result in a need for stints to drain the kidney. I would rather take a low risk antibiotic than be put under anesthesia while pregnant. 
  • I’m get UTIs frequent enough and they’re just AWFUL for those who have never had one . It’s not something that just goes away it goes into my kidneys if I don’t treat it . I have another one and my doctor put me on keflex  antibiotic which he said is safe during pregnancy ( category B). I’m still afraid it may cause problems with the baby. Anyone have a UTI while pregnant? What did you do ? Was the baby ok? 
    I had UTIs during pregnancy, took the meds and all is fine.

Please TRUST your doctor.

The risks of NOT medicating the UTI to fight it is far greater than the risks of taking the antibiotics.  
  • Loading the player...
  • The only UTI’s I have ever gotten were during pregnancy.  It is really bad for a pregnancy (and your body) to not treat a UTI.  And while the meds for one are pretty safe, they are definitely worth any risk they may have.
  • dpchickensdpchickens member
    edited August 2019
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • @dpchickens ouch, I don't know about hoping or wishing that on anyone because that's no way to teach anyone a lesson, troll or not. But you're right, this chick needs to calm her tits before she gives herself an ulcer. 

OP, I believe this is what you're looking for: 

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=anxiety+about+all+the+things+during+pregnancy 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• kiki047  Eh, I'm a terribly bitter person.  I've survived 5 of them, pretty sure OP would survive her one, especially with 2 kids at home to console herself with...  Wish the universe was a bit more fair. I'd love to have been able to say I just had 4 with a beautiful baby arriving next month, instead of 5 with no living children in sight. So as terrible as it may make me, I'm OK with spreading it out a bit instead of having the majority of the burden on a very small few...
  • @dpchickens I'm sorry for your pain. I really am. and I'm not defending OP because I also have my concerns about idiots populating our planet. There have been a few drive-bys in the past that deserve it. I dunno about this one. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• kiki047  Understood.  I personally have issues with people freaking out about MC when they are in one of the lowest risk categories for it. It REALLY rubs me the wrong way. Especially because it's apparently OK in society to just go around "freaking out" about how 'scared' you are to MC. Like it's the end of the world. And it IS terrible. I know. RPL is freaking awful, especially unexplained RPL.  But it's just NOT ok to EVER go around freaking out about it, especially not to anyone who has suffered from it. To me, it'd be like freaking out about how scared you are of getting cancer.  IF you have risk factors for it or a lot of your family has had it, etc, then I totally get it and it is well within your rights to mention your worries about possibly getting cancer.  BUT if it doesn't run in your family and you have no risk factors or reason to expect you'll ever end up with cancer, it is NOT ok to go around freaking out and telling people how you think you're going to get cancer, and especially NOT OK to go up to cancer survivors or those currently living with cancer and tell them how you're freaking out that you could get cancer.  It's just NOT. OK.   EVER.    But for some reason, this is an OK thing to do in our society when you're trying to have a child... and it's really not. It is NOT ok for someone to freak out about something they have a very low chance of having happen to them, as though it's the worst thing in the world, when I am currently living through it. It's as though my life is incomprehensible to them and my pain feels trivialized. I really wish I could freaking explain this way better than I just did... but it really REALLY irks me and I wish it would change. It's the reason I don't use many TWs and I don't hide my feelings or my experiences. It's my LIFE and it's hard to feel shoved in the corner beneath a blanket while everyone else freaks out over 'possibly' ever having even a small percent of what you've felt... 

Sorry for the abysmally shyte explanation...
  • kiki047   Sorry about your uncle.  :(  That's terrible!  I think these phrases just sort of became common vernacular and are now things people say without really thinking about them. 

I'm super glad more people are talking about MC, and I'm a huge advocate for that. But like you said, I also fear it's becoming too 'normalized' sometimes as well.  I wish the message would be more like "This happens and sometimes it's for these (X, Y, Z) reasons and sometimes it's unexplained." and would lay off of the "she went running 5 miles in early PG" or "she was too stressed at her job" as reasons for MC. Just like I wish they'd stop having shows where people DTD one or a precious few times and end up SURPRISE PG and never have any complications... or if they do it's later in PG and it's because "she was trying to exercise too much" or some baloney. 
  • shamrocandroll  No hard feelings, I totally can respect what you're saying.  I personally just wish life were more 'fair' and that awful things didn't have to happen to anyone.  But I really do feel like I got the short end of the stick by a LONG shot here. The 5 MCs, all the testing, no results, being denied clomid because of a few pounds, no help from society for IVF or adoption... basically being told to just 'try again' with doctor's throwing out these MC percentage rates as if they're not talking about my children.  All the while knowing if I get PG again I feel in my heart that I'd need a MIRACLE to not have another MC.  It's a lot.  I know it's an UO (and it's not even THURSDAY!?)... but personally, unless someone has been through IF or other serious reproductive issues, I wish they would have a MC for their first PG... because A ) in my little 'perfect world' the number of MCs would stay the same and there wouldn't have to be as heavy a burden by such a smaller number of us and B ) most everyone would then know how to talk when TTC and the 'inadvertent' hateful statements wouldn't be as much of a thing... 

That's how I feel.  And I'm VERY well aware that makes me an unpopular/hatred type of person.  I'm working on that. But it's not going to come overnight. I've got a very bitter pill I'm still trying to swallow and I can't help how I feel. Being on the very short end of statistics, abandoned by society, and walking away empty handed from your dreams does not a pleasant dpchicken make...

I mean, ideally if people who wanted and were able to take care of kids were the ones to have them, and unintentional 'oops' PGs and whatnot would never happen, and IF/MC never existed... the world would probably be a lot beetter off.
  • shamrocandroll I'm sorry that you were so negatively affected and upset yesterday by what I said. It was not meant to be a personal attack at all, and I did not mean to cause you personal harm.  :( 

I was not trying to personalize or target what I said with my 'fake world view wish' towards you specifically.  I realize that your son is probably your entire world, but I have no basis for what that's like. At all. I live in a very marginalized area of pain that the majority of people cannot even begin to fathom, and the resources available to me are extremely limited. That coupled with a society that just does not care about my babies, and demotes me as a person because of my lacking mother title, makes me extremely bitter. People's words, and the way they revere children, cause me serious pain on a daily basis. I also apparently have a differing opinion on the sanctity (or lack thereof) of life than most people nowadays it seems. I've been extremely open in these forums, and felt like I could voice how I felt no matter what I felt, but apparently that does not seem to be the case here. So I will not press the issue.

I also did try the positive energy thing. After my first 2-3 losses I was all "we're going to get help and figure it out" and "be kind to some peggies and people because you don't know what TTC troubles they've had" and it all got me nowhere but walking away with empty arms and a shitload of physical and emotional issues.

I am however, sincerely and very deeply sorry that my words caused you so much pain. Truly.  :(  <3
  • @dpchickens I appreciate your apology.  Thank you for that.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• BumpAdminBumpAdmin admin
    edited September 2019

This thread has been closed to new posts as a result of the shift in topic. To find threads regarding this topic, we encourage you to use the search function to post to an active thread or start a new discussion.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"