March 2020 Moms

Introduce Yourself Here!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

• lemonlove86lemonlove86 member
    edited August 2019
    Hi all, formerly @rs0806 but changed username! Thanks for all your support so far. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @justcallmesamson , we are big on football too and honestly that was my first thought LOL. Should be an interesting football season!
  • Hello! My name is Jess, I live north of chicago and I am almost 6 weeks pregnant. According to a couple different apps my due date is somewhere between March 30 and April 2. I go for my first dr appt on aug 15 so hopefully I’ll get a more accurate date then. I have a 7 year old daughter and this is my 3rd pregnancy. I had a very early miscarriage about 2.5 years ago. 
    Looking forward to getting to know everyone! 
    Hi fellow Chicago mama!! 
  • @julimi12 hey! Nice to see another Canadian on the thread :) I lived in Montreal when I went to McGIll and my husband is from there so I’m always going back to visit! Welcome  :)
  • @jgesi Happy to see you here, and see a picture from your ultrasound last night! :heart: I'm glad everything looks good and you got an early peek and due date confirmation!
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • @babyfox320 We already cancelled a trip to Orlando for the UM/UF kickoff in August because I just wasn't feeling up to it.  :'(  We're still planning to keep our NFL season tickets this year and see how it goes, but I don't think we'll be traveling to any games.  
  • @dessiee That is SO great you rescued your pit bull and gave him a great life. I love that. Also a third time mom here. There are a bunch of us! Your job sounds amazing hahaha! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @dunder_mifflin
    Congrats, fellow Canadian! Your story is very similar to mine and our EDD is close. This adventure is so exciting! Enjoy!
  • Hello ladies! :) 
    EDD (Estimated Due Date): March 28, 2020
    - How you found out - I had an IUD in place so I was in shock when I tested and found out I was pregnant! Plus my strings were missing, so it was a huge ordeal to extract the IUD. 
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc.  Accountant :) Hobbies are piano and singing, hiking and pilates
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies: husband Nick, two boys 4 and 2
    - Anything you’d like us to know: This baby was a total surprise as we thought we were done! :) I am really hoping for a girl  <3 
  • Hey everyone! My name is Carrie and I’m just shy of 27, my EDD is March 1st, so far been getting by with minimal symptoms which is nice since this is our first! It will be nice to add a LO to the family we are super excited! Love from Canada! 
  • Welcome to all the new mommas!  :) 

@peasinapod19 & @lemonlove86 I'm not in Chicago, but I go there ALL THE TIME.  I'm a fellow Illinoisan, but I'm in the Springfield area.

@dessiee I love that you saved your pit bull from an awful life!  People can be soooo cruel and awful.  Pitties are some of THE BEST dogs.  I have a black lab/pit bull mix named Scarlett and she is the sweetest, most loving dog I've ever met.  My sister has a Great Dane named Rebecca who is a huge cuddle bug, too!  I love dogs.  :) 

@sweatpea20 That is crazy about your IUD and the missing strings!!  Was that painful to remove?!
  • Yes it wasn't fun! Four people tried and finally with a guided ultrasound and some tools (and no anesthetic -ugh!) they succeeded! :)
  • EDD March 28. We had been trying to conceive for 2 months, and I took a pregnancy test on our 11 year wedding anniversary!
    We are both 34 years old and have 2 boys ages 6 and 2.5. I quit my job in May to focus on taking care of my kids and myself during this pregnancy. I had been working as a mechanical engineer doing energy modeling and green building studies. There were complications with my 2nd labor and my 2.5 year old has cerebral palsy. I am really anxious about this pregnancy, but cautiously optimistic! 
    Baby #1 - 5.29.13
    Baby #2 - due 12.17.16
  • Due date twin!!
  • Hi everyone! My name is Amanda and I'm pregnant with my 2nd child. My EDD is March 12th and my husband and I are so excited to give our daughter a sibling and okay mate but I have to admit, even though I've been through this once I'm still feeling nervous and anxious, especially around appts and of course, the end lol. 

Good luck to everyone!
  • Hi everyone! My name is Julianna and my EDD is March 12, 2020. I found out because my period was late. I work at a Financial Advising firm, but I’m in school to become an elementary teacher! I love movies and traveling. I love my 2 year old fur baby, a Belgian Malinois named Kenai 🐾 My husband to be and I are very excited for our little one to get here in March. It’s our first baby so we are nervous but excited!
  • Hi everyone! Wow! A lot of March 12 EDDs here :) I'm Donna and I found out because I missed my period. Nothing too romantic here...lol. This is our first and we're super excited. I'm 39 but will be 40 when I deliver. That being said, although I'm excited, I also get worried quite a lot. I have a question concerning sunscreen. I came across this article and was wondering if it's still accurate. Can I use sunscreen with avobenzone and octocrylene? Any feedback would be appreciated!

https://www.babycenter.com/0_safe-skin-care-during-pregnancy_1490031.bc?page=1

Sunscreens

Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you can't hit the beach. In fact, feeling the sand between your toes and that warm breeze in your hair may provide that perfect "relaxation point" your Lamaze instructor has been talking about. And as your mom always told you: Don't forget the sunscreen.

Sunscreens, including those with ingredients that penetrate the skin, are perfectly safe when you've got your own bun in the oven, says Baumann.

"[Ingredients] that do go deep into the skin do so in such small concentrations" that they're not worth worrying about, says Johnson. "I personally prefer titanium dioxide and zinc oxide ? they are powerful physical sunscreens and do not penetrate the skin."

She adds, "In addition to sunscreen, we advise sun-smart behaviors ? avoiding the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.; using a sun hat, sunglasses and sun-protective clothing; and reapplying your sunscreen every two hours."

And if you have melasma, adds Baumann, you can try a UV protector with a skin lightener.

On the label:
    Titanium dioxide
    Zinc oxide
    Avobenzone (Parsol 1789)
    Oxybenzone
    Dioxybenzone
    Benzophenone
    Octyl methoxycinnamate (OMC)
    Para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA)
    Octocrylene

Bottom line:
    Safe to use

• @zehcnasella: Had a similar experience in here two years ago, so completely get where you’re coming from. No need for #meanmoms 😅 

@sweatpea20: we are in similar situations! 2 & 4 year olds and I sooooooo thought we were done. Glad I’m not the only one with a surprise babe.  Mine are both girls so we shall see! 😉
  • @babymulan You should post that in the questions thread (or ask your doctor), but honestly, YES! I definitely wear sunscreen and I don't overthink it. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @Cristin343 your story is nearly identical to mine. Two girls, 3.5 and 1.5, plus this surprise baby (we wanted a third, but not for a while). Due date for me is 3/10 and I found out the day after the 4th! Welcome!
  • Welcome new mommas! :) 
  • aprileiaaprileia member
    edited August 2019
    @corgmom We also have a spoiled little corgi (almost 2 year old male).. hoping he will adapt well to the baby, as he's been great with our 3 year old niece and other kids in the past. Etsy has some adorable corgi onesies and other baby stuff :)
  • @corgmom @aprileia Corgis are THE BEST. My female corgi passed away a couple years ago, but I very much plan on adopting another once our kids are a little older :) 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @corgmom @mgscam @Knottie1439352674

Welcome new mommas!  I love that so many of us have dogs :) 
  • Hello! 
     My EDD is March 15th. My husband i have been trying since January and just got Married in April, so the first day of my missed period I took a test and those 2 pink lines were so strong! I work at a gas station in a tiny town in Idaho, but I love it! I like to go hangout on the farm with my husband while he is working, growing up in Boise and moving to a small farming community has been an interesting transition, but I love every minute of it. This will be our 1st child and we are pretty dang excited!!