February 2020 Moms

The Great Question Thread

Re: The Great Question Thread

• therealbittstherealbitts member
    edited July 2019
    @brookert615 I echo previous posters. I've had both abdominal and vaginal US at 7 weeks. I bet you will be able to see things!
  • @therealbitts Awesome, thank you! These reassurances are definitely making me worry less. 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Loading the player...
  • edited July 2019
    @um_thor , yes def. more conflict. Mostly because of his high expectations that I do such and such thing like physically serve him dinner (I already cooked dinner but he can't "find" it), but I am too tired or forget. Being pregnant and upset so isn't worth it, I block it out, and just kind of let my husband know:  sorry not sorry, kind of building a human being, keeping the tsunami of laundry at bay and giving our 3 yr old son a first class childhood. That song "let it go' feels right.
  • @candicenmc Wow, that's early and so awesome! Glad you had that moment :).
    TW
  • leksiLleksiL member
    So @brookert615 how did it go?
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• leksiLleksiL member
    @brookert615 yay! now you can stop peeing on sticks :) seeing the HB so so amazing isn't it?
    Married Jan 2008 

• @leksiL Yes, such a wonderful feeling seeing that flicker!!! Hahah yes, done peeing on sticks!  :D
    TW
  • For those that have taken B6, how did it work for you?  I have been taking it since the 3rd and haven’t really felt any better until today.  I almost felt normal earlier today and want to figure out why so I can replicate it.  I was wondering if it was the b6?  Did you guys have a delayed response with the b6 or do you see improvement immediately after taking it?
  • leksiLleksiL member
    @ddrrt1982 good question! I started it a week ago and finally started feeling better yesterday so after six days. Not sure if just getting over it or the B6 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Married Jan 2008 

• leksiLleksiL member
    @ddrrt1982 good question! I started it a week ago and finally started feeling better yesterday so after six days. Not sure if just getting over it or the B6 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Married Jan 2008 

• leksiLleksiL member
    Married Jan 2008 

• leksiLleksiL member
    Married Jan 2008 

• Haha thats so funny. Thats why i never "check in" with group 1. I'm A)too lazy to retype all the questions and B)too frustrated to figure out how to quote. Because it wont just let me copy paste the questions. But when I quote it quotes like three posts at once. And the one time I tried so hard to figure it out I got frustrated and figured no one really would care about what I was checking in anyway.
  • Ahhh I only have to keep this secret for less than a week now!! 
    When you ladies went to your very first appointment did you take your SO with you? My husband cant make it due to work time and location of the doctors office. I wish I would have done it when he could go. I know the medical history stuff is important but I've kind of quizzed him on any known medical problems. 
    Any words of encouragement or what to expect for the first visit? I'm so eager for Friday morning!!! 
  • @babyroma Hi, no my husband hasn't come to any of my first appointments. I'm sure he would if I had asked...but I didn't. 
    With my first the appt included peeing into a cup (do that everytime), weight, vitals, vag ultrasound, and if I had any questions.  Then I went upstairs (my dr is in the hospital) and gave blood for the blood tests. It's pretty straightforward.
  • @babyroma, with DD my H came to the first two appts with the RE but then never with OB except anatomy scan. This one he isn’t going to any RE or OB appts except anatomy scan. If you know big medical history from him then you’re fine. If they ask a question you don’t know just write it down and get back to them with the answer. Nothing will be critical to answer that day. 
  • I insisted my husband come with me.  My theory was he could share in the excitement or be a shoulder to cry on if things didn’t go well.  I felt it was important to have him by my side as I was terrified and extremely anxious going in.
  • I highly doubt im getting an us on my first appointment, which will be 12 weeks. But my husband is coming to hear the heartbeat.
  • @babyroma my husband didn’t come to either of my first appointments and won’t come for this one either. They didn’t do anything exciting. No ultrasound and no heartbeat check so he didn’t take the day off work. But he did come to both anatomy scans because we both love to see the baby!
  • My H comes to all the early appointments. He stopped coming to them later on and only came to the bigger ones - like the anatomy scan. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Last pregnancy, my H only came to the appts with ultrasounds and then the last two (38 and 39 weeks). We’ll probably plan to do the same this time around. I had my first appt this morning, but it was just testing and asking general questions (no ultrasound) so he stayed home with my daughter. 
  • With my first pregnancy DH came to every appointment. With my second baby DH went to a few appointments. And with this pregnancy I will be surprised if he goes to any appointments outside of the first and the anatomy scan.
  • @doodleoodle same! My h came to every appt for #1 and a handful for #2. He came to both of their first appts but isn't coming to this first appt. I feel bad that he can't come- seeing/hearing the heartbeat that first time is such an amazing moment!
  • Anyone taking a gummy prenatal that they like? I’ve been doing Target brand (Up&Up) and I no longer like the taste. 
  • @daffodil_shoe One a Day has a good gummy prenatal... but don’t be fooled by the name because you actually have to take two a day 
  • @daffodil_shoe I really liked the Vitafusion! But I'm doing an RX prenatal since it's free lol.
    TW
  • Anyone taking a gummy prenatal that they like? I’ve been doing Target brand (Up&Up) and I no longer like the taste. 
    You might want to check out the smarty pants brand.  My kids take those because of the methylfolate.  That is ideal for pregnancy.  Taking a prenatal is ideal, but if you look at the back and women’s complete vitamins the values are very similar.  Maybe you can find one that isn’t necessarily listed as a prenatal, but had values similar.  

Costco carries smart pants brand at a good price.
  • Just be careful with gummies. IIRC they don’t have iron in them? Maybe? Or not enough or something so you have to supplement 
  • @kiwi2628 I did hear that! Sometimes the amount of folic acid isn't enough or something? And it's hard to find one with DHA.
    TW
  • leksiLleksiL member
    I have also read that gummy vitamins don’t get absorbed as well as other vitamins. Last pregnancy I started out with them and switched so I do Natures Best. Once I run out I will get an Rx as it is cheaper but some of the Rx ones made me sick last time. 
    Married Jan 2008 

• DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited July 2019
    Anyone feeling a bit better at 8 weeks?  I felt ok, not perfect, but ok yesterday and today.  I did an intense google search to figure out when the yolk sac should disappear and the placenta kick in with a subsequent hormone drop and it looks like 10 weeks.  I think I can handle two more weeks, but I was hoping it was sooner.  Feeling any better?

edit this should have probably gone in the symptoms thread.
  • leksiLleksiL member
    @DDRRT1982 I am feeling loads better since Friday which is about 8 weeks. It could either be the placenta OR the B6 kicked in after a week. Either way it is fantastic!
    Married Jan 2008 

• kiwi2628 said:
    Just be careful with gummies. IIRC they don’t have iron in them? Maybe? Or not enough or something so you have to supplement 
    Unfortunately I have a horrendous gag reflex. Taking my progesterone every night is terrible. If I had to swallow more than one pill, it wouldn’t end well.
  • @DDRRT1982, With my DD I started to feel better around week 8 and by week 10 felt much better and week 12 was “normal”. One of my app said week 7 the placenta was starting to take over. I think starting to feel better now is normal.