September 2019 Moms
Options

The Great Question Thread!

Re: The Great Question Thread!

• Options
    @missrebecca421 Thinking of you  <3
  • Options
    @missrebecca421 Sorry for your loss. Prayers to your family.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @missrebecca421 I'm so so sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you. Lots of love and hugs your way.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @missrebecca421 I'm very sorry to hear this. You will be in my thoughts. Please take care of yourself. I hope your rainbow comes soon! <3 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    @missrebecca421Im so sorry to hear that. Sending a lot of positive vibes your way. 
  • Options
    @missrebecca421 im so, so sorry to read this news. My heart breaks for you. Huge hugs and prayers. ❤️
  • Options
    @missrebecca421 I'm so very sorry - thinking of you and your family.
  • Options
    @missrebecca421 sending so much love and so many hugs your way. If you need to talk, vent, grieve, etc., please feel free to message me at any time. There are also some great communities here on TB for women who have experiences losses. It is a club that you absolutely never want to join, but the women who have experienced losses are so powerful, amazing, supportive, and loving and have honestly helped me the most in my times of grief and anxiety. <3<3<3
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Junebugmugalug same! I’m 15 weeks and I like like 25 weeks! That’s how it was last pregnancy too (this is my third.) pretty soon it will slow down and the then I will get bigger at the end.

@mommyshark13 I cannot imagine that! How crazy!!!!!!

• Options
    Ftm question. Baby's heart rate was in the 170s this entire time. But at our appt on Fri  (15 wk) it's now 145. Is this something to worry about?
    We were going to ask the Dr but she messed up our gender reveal plan and we were both aggitated and forgot. My instructions were clear. Put the ball we should use in this bag, the one we don't use in that bag. Please remove the colored yarn attached so we don't know til after we bust open the ball. She removes the yarn and puts the yarn in the bags. Then she didn't know which ball was which .w..t..h.. 
    So we had to bust 1 open so we knew which was which then we repurchased that one. Now we have to trust a stranger to follow instructions bc we don't want to pick a friend or family member to do it.
  • Options
    @nightdreamr13 sorry about your botched plans for reveal!  As for heart rate, at week 12 my babies was 165+ at week 16 it was 135. I asked my doctor if this was normal and she said anything between 110-160 at this point is considered normal. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    @nightdreamr13 mine LO had been at 160-168 for weeks and then at my 17w appt it was 143. Totally normal! 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @nightdreamer13 normal like others said. A baby’s heart rate slows down as they mature :)
  • Options
    calliahcalliah member
    edited April 2019
    Yes, that is a normal heart rate for that fetal age. They generally come down as baby gets older. 
  • Options
    Anyone else have trouble with the app?  I suddenly have no option to post or like and when I open Sept Birth Month all the threads are new and when I click on one it starts wayyyy at the beginning! I tried deleting, updating, logging out, everything! I'm currently on my computer, but I miss my mobile bumping! 
  • Options
    @duwithpu2 the app never works for me. I just use my phone's web browser when I'm mobile.
  • Options
    @duewithpu2 that happens to me occasionally. It means the app logged you out and you just need to log back in. It’s annoying. 
  • Options
    I'm full of questions today. In light of the Rock n Play recall, what does everyone plan on using as a "hangout" type of seat. I'm not much of a "container" person, but I did put DS in the Rock n Play while I ate and such. He loved his play mat so I plan for this baby to spend a lot of time on that, and I want to try to baby wear as well. We didn't have a swing or bouncer seat at all with DS, but in the absence of the Rock n Play I'm thinking about getting something. We have the pack n play for sleeping, but I don't really plan on using this for sleeping. Pic in spoiler of what I might get. Thoughts?

• Options
    @duewithpu2 We loved the Baby Bjorn Bouncer for once in a while. BabyBjorn Balance Soft Bouncer - Black/Dark Gray Cotton https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BQYVOKY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_eSkTCb6T3K3Y7
  • Options
    I just realized that there is an app! I’ve been using the web browser on my phone since the beginning (though sounds like that’s been to my advantage anyway!)
  • Options
    @janat1717 oo that looks nice and compact! Thanks!
  • Options
    Has any STM’s/STM+’s made another Amazon baby registry? Does anyone know if you even do that? I had one for DS and have tried to make a new one but I don’t have an
    option to do that and everything is showing up for his (old) registry. I want the dang completion discount!! 
  • Options
    @lillywonderland I haven't done it (yet) but I think you have to get rid of the first one before you can create the second one.  I remember reading that somewhere.
  • Options
    @lillywonderland I just did this last week - I had to delete the original one from my daughter & make a new one. 
  • Options
    @duewithpu2 we also used a Rock n play. I also had a Graco swing/bouncer combo that my daughter loved and used more.  I could bring the bouncer detachment into the kitchen or elsewhere with us. Honestly all of these devices rely on proper restraint and using according to instructions. I liked the swing because we got a lot of use for really until she started being very mobile. I wish I had gotten one that plugs in with a battery option instead of only battery powered. It's likely you could get one second hand if cost is an issue. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-DuetSoothe-Baby-Swing-and-Rocker-Winslet/22621027?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222252418957504&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=294359156875&wl4=pla-293946777986&wl5=9060101&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=1&wl9=showcase_product&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=22621027&wl13=&veh=sem&wl18=showcase&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-tXlBRDWARIsAGYQAmcsHRnfO-z08NwasqpP3ieStcZvpyILYUHE12kx_v_fU1uMQR5JWvAaAi7tEALw_wcB

• Options
    @KaraMG35 Great thanks so much!
  • Options
    @duewithpu2 we had the graco glider LX swing and a graco pack and play. The pack and play came with a bouncer that could come off which was super handy. We used the bouncer around the house when getting ready and stuff. 
  • Options
    Perhaps this is a silly question but you know...ftm stuff. My husband is going away for 2 wks. Is it safe for me to mow our 2 acre lawn? I'm 16 wks and we have a riding mower. I assume it's safe but I didn't know about all of the vibration. It's not something I normally do.
  • Options
    @lillywonderland It makes you delete the old one - so annoying! I liked having that for record of what we asked for/ got. Oh well. 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nightdreamr13 Definitely double check with your OB, but should be totally fine. 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Has anyone else been warned about CMV (cytomegalovirus)?  It's more applicable to STM's or FTM's who work with children.  My midwife has me terrified about it, but no one else I know has heard of it.
  • Options
    @mamaber2204 I'd never heard of it until you mentioned it in the water thread and I googled it just now. I share food with DS all the time! Absolutely no one has ever mentioned this to me!
  • Options
    @mamaber2204 I have never heard of this. I'm afraid to google...
  • Options
    @ternsetc Yeah, it's super scary!  Per my midwife, they can test the baby immediately after delivery and, if positive, give him/her medication to eradicate it.  I plan to do the testing just to be safe.  I'm just blown away that no one seems to know about this and yet it is SUPER common in toddlers (and often asymptomatic).  One of the baby outcomes without treatment is seizures.  I've had two friends lose second children to seizure disorders and I can't help but wonder if they had CMV!  ???  Anyway, DS is lately on a kick where he wants to kiss me on the mouth (which I NEVER thought would be OK but now I'm finding it to be the cutest thing in the world).  I feel like a tyrant turning away from him.  :(  
  • Options
    @mamaber2204 Well now I’m adding CMV to the list of things (which is currently nothing...lol) need to ask my OB about at the next appt!!
  • Options
    @mamaber2204 the best way to get DS to try new foods is to take a bite, give him a bite, take a bite, give him a bite so I've been doing so much of that. I also clean milk out of the valve of his straw cups by sucking water through (gross, I know!) after he's done drinking. I'm going to mention it at my next appointment and see what they say. I did see that about testing after birth and will ask about that too. Glad you mentioned it (even if it is scary)!
  • Options
    @mamaber2204 well shoot, now I am worried about it! haha DS steals my Camelbak allllll the time! I will mention it to my OB at my next appt. I had never heard of it until you mentioned it!
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @ternsetc I do your exact version of getting DS to eat!!!  Bahahahahahahah!